Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,980 members, 7,838,490 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation (11646 Views)

Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Repatriation Flight From UAE / President Buhari Orders Repatriation Of Nigerians Stranded In Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 10, 2018
Raiyell:

Asylum seeking individuals do not necessarily have to be from conflict torn regions. Europe administers asylum on the basis of perceived denial or the lack of human rights. Even if they applied under the "I am fleeing from unrest in my country" condition, they could very well have claimed Boko Haram and Fulani militants are after them.

In addition, Nigeria is a great environment for people with specialized skills because there are many opportunities.
Mmm... if they are claiming to be fleeing from boko haram, they could have easily ran to Neighbouring Ghana, Ivory coast, cameroun or Liberia or are these countries also not safe from boko haram? why all they way to Austria?

I do not believe Nigeria has more opportunities in Nigeria than in Europe or Atleast not what i hear from most nigerians, hence their Initial illegal migration to Austria.
Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by billyG(m): 7:15pm On Feb 10, 2018
i hope dey will not brain wash dem to hate austria as dey hate 9ja.
Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 10, 2018
gypsey:
Mmm... if they are claiming to be fleeing from boko haram, they could have easily ran to Neighbouring Ghana, Ivory coast, cameroun or Liberia or are these countries also not safe from boko haram? why all they way to Austria?

I do not believe Nigeria has more opportunities in Nigeria than in Europe or Atleast not what i hear from most nigerians, hence their Initial illegal migration to Austria.

Whether you see opportunities or not in Nigeria, is to a large extent, dependent on the quality of education you have. Nigeria is a sunset nation; most of our industries are yet to be roused into capacity or are still in infancy. We need people who have specialized skills to come in and help us grow industry, society and train our youths.

Maybe they could have gone to those countries you mentioned, but Europe have a welcoming policy towards refuge seekers: everyone is welcome but only if you have met the right conditions to merit the welcome.
Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by Felixv: 7:39pm On Feb 10, 2018
Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 10, 2018
Raiyell:

Whether you see opportunities or not in Nigeria, is to a large extent, dependent on the quality of education you have. Nigeria is a sunset nation; most of our industries are yet to be roused into capacity or are still in infancy. We need people who have specialized skills to come in and help us grow industry, society and train our youths.

Maybe they could have gone to those countries you mentioned, but Europe have a welcoming policy towards refuge seekers: everyone is welcome but only if you have met the right conditions to merit the welcome.
Mmm.. maybe,

did you say Europe have a wellcoming policy? well... that's contrary to this topic, because it says they are going to deport Nigerians! that's Not so wellcoming is it?
Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by SamsonJohn743(m): 8:07pm On Feb 10, 2018
Narldon:

Are Nigerians everywhere in the world?

I tire...
Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by Nobody: 8:08pm On Feb 10, 2018
gypsey:
Mmm.. maybe,

did you say Europe have a wellcoming policy? well... that's contrary to this topic, because it says they are going to deport Nigerians! that's Not so wellcoming is it?

Welcoming to people who meet their stringent conditions.
Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 10, 2018
Raiyell:

Welcoming to people who meet their stringent conditions.
Exactly! the point i ve been trying to Articulate,
which in the case of these nigerians they have no grounds for them to be granted Asylum or Refugee status, they did not meet the requirements. Nigeria is known to be a land of opportunities and you confirmed it. that's what i said initially.
Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 10, 2018
gypsey:
Exactly! the point i ve been trying to Articulate,
which in the case of these nigerians they have no grounds for them to be granted Asylum or Refugee status, they did not meet the requirements. Nigeria is known to be a land of opportunities and you confirmed it. that's what i said initially.

Okay, I guess a few things were lost in translation.
Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by principi(m): 9:56pm On Feb 10, 2018
That's an extra 1000 people to come vote out Buhari
Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by Litmus: 10:18pm On Feb 10, 2018
Unrelated, but the first guy in the front page pic looks like one of those crazy South Africans or someone from Senegal, no Nigerian male would look like that unless mentally ill. Indeed, as someone implies in another thread, the media is trying to redefine Nigerians.

Incidentally, why did they not use Nigerian actors to play the part of Nigerians in that new movie, Black Panther?it was as if they thought the Nigerian actors were too good or normal looking to play Nigerians undecided

1 Like

Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by joinnow: 11:27pm On Feb 10, 2018
all this 1000 no see any Austria girl give belle grin
Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by tyup(m): 8:04am On Feb 11, 2018
modelmike7:
WELCOME DEVELOPMENT. ...

The way female bankers explain account opening is so sexy..... They will be like..... I will open it for you so you can put something inside okay Whether big or small just put something.���
Lolx grin
Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by j1mmy: 11:03am On Feb 11, 2018
the igbos among them are drug dealers, deport those ones without anything!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Car Sickness And 7 Ways To Effectively Handle It During Travel / . / Weather Forecast Across Nigeria Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.