Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,439 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription (64076 Views)

How To Subscribe To Glo Yakata Plan And Get Up To 6GB Data And Much More / The Difference Between Glo Data Plans And Other Networks / Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Sammig1(m): 11:19am On Feb 11, 2018
Whenever I subscribe glo, u have to subscribe mtn also as backup when glo fail.
The one wen de pain me pass na they keep stealing my airtime. I have called them to unscribe something I never subscribed in the first place. They claim they have done it then wam.. More money stolen.
I bought new 4g Sim card and them don already start stealing there with games. Glo. Com
Once I have a better data option, is bye bye to glo for good.

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Cuteamigo1(m): 11:20am On Feb 11, 2018
luminouz:

On a phone
Can't find those options!!
if its android go to settings, more, mobile networks, prefferd network type and there you have it.
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Sike(m): 11:21am On Feb 11, 2018
Glo has fumbled.
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Sezua(m): 11:21am On Feb 11, 2018
maasoap:

This time around, glo network is poor nationwide.
Have u finished touring the whole country?
I watched 90mins of arsenal and tottenham match yesterday with glo. Ikotun lagos.

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by dyemida(m): 11:21am On Feb 11, 2018
DWJOBScom:
Me am rocking glo network so wella
I even stream football matches.

There were times I thought they were horrible then they bounced back again .

Please check your settings too and you leave it on 3G only as that's the only way i get to enjoy it.

I alternate btw glo and etisalat but trust glo more

You must be related to Adenuga

3 Likes

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Yahoo1(m): 11:22am On Feb 11, 2018
Glo should be one of the worst network in all categories. Had a change of scene where i work but before we paid for the Building i had to go and test which network was the best. Glo turned out to be better in the area with a miserable 1mbps, a week later after settling in...to my greatest surprise i couldn't get over 80kbps up till today. I'm using Airtel now but i wouldn't recommend that to anyone. After risking your life sitting on the window to get network, they zap you whole data after one streaming.

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by baba11(m): 11:23am On Feb 11, 2018
Glo is OK here. The only problem I have with them is when they just yanked us off for about 12hrs. We couldn't make calls at all shocked
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by danla44(m): 11:24am On Feb 11, 2018
Waiting for my glo data to finish.... i will just port to another network, its better for me.
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by luminouz(m): 11:25am On Feb 11, 2018
Cuteamigo1:
if its android go to settings, more, mobile networks, prefferd network type and there you have it.
I only have 4G,3G n 2G sub-options in my mobile network modes option.....so

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Isaacpyo04(m): 11:25am On Feb 11, 2018
Glo's is decent in my area(YouTube and Instagram play smoothly). Unfortunately, I subscribed a day before this whole mess began.
Imagine how frustrating it is, but MTN pulse 1G to my rescue. I pray Glo fixes their sh¡t before it expires.

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:25am On Feb 11, 2018
This is serious. Glo is okay in my area. I exhaust 2 GB within one week. The data volume reduction is not helping at all.
But their network can frustrate person sometimes.
Please guys, which network has the best plan.
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by kelly72: 11:26am On Feb 11, 2018
I loaded N1,000 three days ago hoping to get 4.2gb as usual. Surprisingly I got 1.6gb plus another 409mb, making a total of 2.09gb. So the largese is over. However, my GLO is still very fast. I can only change it if I find a cheaper plan elsewhere that is as fast if not faster than GLO.

Any suggestions?
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by hokafor(m): 11:29am On Feb 11, 2018
My friend adenuga I hope you are reading all this comments,please do the needful.
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Cuteamigo1(m): 11:29am On Feb 11, 2018
luminouz:

I only have 4G,3G n 2G sub-options in my mobile network modes option.....so
if you sim is 4g then chose 4g and if its 3g then chose that one. thier is usually an option that allows your phone switch btw networks and thats where glo will really anoy you.
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Topmaike007(m): 11:30am On Feb 11, 2018
ololadeimmanuel:

wait so airtel too isnt good? where will man run to now
the devil you know now is better than the devil u just me now,i will still continue with glo.
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by updated001: 11:31am On Feb 11, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
Mine remains 304mb, once it finishes, I'm moving the glo SIM to my small Fero torchlight phone,just for call bonus.
Very frustrating network. In the same house, network will be in room A and not in room B. Or in a room, the network in the bathroom will be stronger than the one in the room

grin grin grin grin turn bathroom to bedroom lol
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Talkwell: 11:32am On Feb 11, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
Mine remains 304mb, once it finishes, I'm moving the glo SIM to my small Fero torchlight phone,just for call bonus.
Very frustrating network. In the same house, network will be in room A and not in room B. Or in a room, the network in the bathroom will be stronger than the one in the room

the exact thing way de happen for my house
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by bumi10(m): 11:33am On Feb 11, 2018
iyke926:
Airtel or Etisalat is what I use.

Airtel 1k for 3GB
Or
Etisalat 1k3 for 2GB

Abeg, how dey take get airtel 3gb for 1k
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by xelowpage: 11:34am On Feb 11, 2018
maasoap:
My data just expired and sms alert was sent from Glo network. I'm glad to inform you that I was happy it was finally over with the frustration of the highest order. For the past one or more week, I couldn't open a website page with it.
It was badly timed for glo: reduction of data volume by half combined with the dead network. Bye bye to rubbish.
Please, don't tell me that it was due to my area.

I am joining you to say bye bye to Glo.

Very very frustrating network.

3 Likes

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by pascalbriggs: 11:34am On Feb 11, 2018
I couldn't even receive an otp sent to my glo line until my transaction expired

Bad glo
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by TourismMan(m): 11:36am On Feb 11, 2018
maasoap:
My data just expired and sms alert was sent from Glo network. I'm glad to inform you that I was happy it was finally over with the frustration of the highest order. For the past one or more week, I couldn't open a website page with it.
It was badly timed for glo: reduction of data volume by half combined with the dead network. Bye bye to rubbish.

I stopped using Glo line many years ago because I couldn't tolerate their nonsense again. Etisalat (9mobile) remains the best network in Nigeria today.

2 Likes

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Xbee007(m): 11:36am On Feb 11, 2018
Sincerely, Glo network has been very okay in my area. My only complain is the recent reduction in data plan.
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by GabrielAganyi(m): 11:41am On Feb 11, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:

24/7 in the bathroom,,, your parents will be like is it just browsing or has he joined the soap industrious guys

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by bigtt76(f): 11:41am On Feb 11, 2018
Not trying to justify Glo's poor service or preach to you to remain but let me ask the following questions

1. Have you checked to make sure the network mode on your phone or dongle is set to 3G alone? Leaving it at Auto as most people unknowingly do, degrades service performance as your phone hovers from 3G to 2G or 4G as the case may be. I have mine steady on 3G and at night I revert to 2G to save battery life.

2. Are you on 4GLTE? If yes then, I would advice you stick to 3G. Not sure Glo have upgraded all their base stations to 4G or have them compatible. I use only 3G.

3. Have you tried your SIM on any other device other than the one you're experiencing issues with? Some of these mobile phones have low radio power hence are unable to amplify the signals they get from the base stations. Most equipment manufacturers trade quality for fanciful features to attract patronage. Of what use is a mobile phone with 10000mAH battery or 40 mega pixel camera (front and back), sleekiness, gbogbotigbo but comes with low radio transmission power?

4. Have you tried other network Simon your phone in the same area to see if they perform any better? Most networks are based on shared infrastructure so what affects network A, would most likely affect network B

maasoap:

2 Likes

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by ImaIma1(f): 11:42am On Feb 11, 2018
So it is a general thing.

I had to go to my backyard for my glo data to work. I will now carry stool and go and sit there just so i can get network. I switched sims immediately. Waiting for it to finish or expire is not an option.
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by TeaY2(m): 11:45am On Feb 11, 2018
MTN got you covered everywhere.
Same value, less pay.

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by GabrielAganyi(m): 11:46am On Feb 11, 2018
peteregwu:
The thing self Don tire me. Mine will expire on the 25th of this month. I am even praying for it to expire. Believe I will never buy any data from glo again through out this year. I have been frustrated so much by it. I can only buy credit to make calls but as for data, am done with it.

Be kind enough to add me to your share data.... 08112928513... I appreciate
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by PurestBoy(m): 11:46am On Feb 11, 2018
imam07:
Network no dey my sitting room but on top my bed beside the window.
My neighbours always wonder why am always on the bed lying down.

Do we live in the same area cos that's the problem I have whenever I am at home, no network in the sitting room, I'm accessing Nairaland now from bedroom. And where I stay in Ibadan is less than 2km from their office and mast
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by GabrielAganyi(m): 11:52am On Feb 11, 2018
If Glo is disappointing you and you want to exhaust your data kindly help a bro by adding 08112928513 to your share data

2 Likes

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by MRAKBEE(m): 11:52am On Feb 11, 2018
Glo made the wrong move by reviewing its data subscription plans.
Nobody would have complained even in the light of poor internet service cos of the data bonus which is a compensation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Innjoo I2s Vs Infinix Zero Gold / ##Tecno Camon C9 Fully Confirmed Specs, Images And Discussion Thread## / How To Fix "Application Not Installed" Error On An Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.