Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Lady Rejects Man’s Marriage Proposal After Giving Her A Kidney (photos) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady Rejects Man’s Marriage Proposal After Giving Her A Kidney (photos) (828 Views)

Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal Because Lover Refused To Kneel Down / Nigerian Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal Over Huge Joystick (pics) / Lady Rejects Man’s Marriage Proposal After Giving Her A Kidney (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Rejects Man’s Marriage Proposal After Giving Her A Kidney (photos) by dably: 9:43am On Feb 11, 2018
www.nairaland.com/attachments/6680278_ladyrejectsmansmarriageproposalaftergivingherakidneylailasnews1_jpegb0067c5cb358bed958eb2b38aefa5bdf

One good turn deserves another. They say. But this seems not to be the case of man who donated his kidney to his girlfriend, but she refused his marriage proposal when he proposed.

49-year-old Simon Louis never expected the response he got when popped the question to Mary Emmanuelle after nursing her back to health. But Mary gently rejected his proposal, though she loved him back, because her health made the future seem uncertain.

However the pair vowed to remain friends and Simon, 49, said:

“I offered her my heart but I had to settle for giving her my kidney. Whatever happens, I’ll never regret giving her the gift of life.”

Mary in her statement said

“He is my very best friend and always will be. The love between us is real. He could have died doing what he did for me.” The pair first met in a London club in the mid-1990s with Mary, then 20, thinking Simon, 28, was “a good-looking bad boy”.

They shared an odd smooch and flirted but things between them never progressed further. Simon, who had other relationships but never lost his feelings for Mary, would think of her on Valentine’s Day and buy her a rose or some chocolates.

It happened in September 2014 when Mary suddenly collapsed at home after her skin went yellow. The lady was in a coma for a fortnight after a brain haemorrhage, spent two months in intensive care and was eventually diagnosed with end-stage kidney disease.

Th only hope she had then was a transplant, but the chances of a donor being found were drastically reduced because she had very rare B negative blood. Simon visited her every day, sometimes staying the night, so he could help her get to and from the hospital.

A few weeks later Simon suggested getting tested to see if he was a match as a donor – and it turned out he was. Then both underwent surgery before helping each other back to health

Simon then decided to pop the question to Mary and asked her to marry him, but he felt disappointed as he never expected to get the response he got on that night.

Mary gave her reason for rejecting Simon's proposal and this what she said:

“I let him down gently by saying I’d have to think about it. I think I’d worry if we got married it would in some way damage our special friendship and also I don’t want to get wed until I’m fully better health-wise.”

https://www.gistmore.com/lady-rejects-mans-marriage-proposal-giving-kidney
Re: Lady Rejects Man’s Marriage Proposal After Giving Her A Kidney (photos) by vertueptime: 9:48am On Feb 11, 2018
Women are scums , ingrates
Re: Lady Rejects Man’s Marriage Proposal After Giving Her A Kidney (photos) by onward4life(m): 9:51am On Feb 11, 2018
vertueptime:
Women are scums , ingrates

Some!
Re: Lady Rejects Man’s Marriage Proposal After Giving Her A Kidney (photos) by newyorks(m): 9:52am On Feb 11, 2018
Some people will take her as an ingrate but there's some lesson to learn here.
Re: Lady Rejects Man’s Marriage Proposal After Giving Her A Kidney (photos) by habsydiamond(m): 9:53am On Feb 11, 2018
Makawhy......I give u kidney u reject me...na to collect my kidney back ooooo.....for him to donate his kidney means he loves the lady.....that's a bad way to repay a good deed...
Re: Lady Rejects Man’s Marriage Proposal After Giving Her A Kidney (photos) by Partnerbiz(f): 10:22am On Feb 11, 2018
Let me go check wat to comment
Re: Lady Rejects Man’s Marriage Proposal After Giving Her A Kidney (photos) by JULIE1925(f): 10:52am On Feb 11, 2018
grin

It happens...We, WOMEN i mean all of us are INDECISIVE most of the time grin grin cheesy.

We, women are very complicated in nature..So please to all men, be aware of our characters. We are not selfish but juz our minds are so wired like this...We cant explain it exactly tongue

1 Like

Re: Lady Rejects Man’s Marriage Proposal After Giving Her A Kidney (photos) by dlondonbadboy: 10:53am On Feb 11, 2018
Hmm..Nigerians gave Buhari our votes, but he decided to fool himself...it's same thing.
Re: Lady Rejects Man’s Marriage Proposal After Giving Her A Kidney (photos) by Galantis: 11:24am On Feb 11, 2018
After God fear women! Walahi angry angry
Re: Lady Rejects Man’s Marriage Proposal After Giving Her A Kidney (photos) by Olamida(m): 11:37am On Feb 11, 2018
Collect your kidney back nah. shooo
Re: Lady Rejects Man’s Marriage Proposal After Giving Her A Kidney (photos) by Flintstone06(m): 11:42am On Feb 11, 2018
That friendship tho... She doesn't love him enough to marry. He should face front... grin
Re: Lady Rejects Man’s Marriage Proposal After Giving Her A Kidney (photos) by don4real18(m): 4:25pm On Feb 11, 2018
She has a right to reject his proposal... Maybe he has a trait(s) she can't live with

(1) (Reply)

What Exact Age Should A Lady Get Married To Her Man? / Rejected By 15girls Time To Give Up Or Not / 10 Ways To Get Him To Propose To You - Without Appearing DESPERATE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.