Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses (2726 Views)

What Is It With Whores Wanting To Be Treated Like Princesses ? / Who Is The Most Beautiful Among These African Princesses? / Model Shows How Indian Disney Princesses Would Look Like(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses by RoyalBlak007: 9:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
1. The witch expels Rapunzel and blinds the prince.

The story of Rapunzel is based on the fairy tale by the brothers Grimm. In their version, when the witch finds out about Rapunzel and the prince, she cuts off Rapunzel’s hair and dangles it out the window. When the prince is confronted by her, he jumps out of the window and is blinded when he lands on thorns. He eventually finds Rapunzel, and she heals him with her tears.

Interestingly, in the first version of the tale, Rapunzel is the one who foolishly gives the prince away by admitting to the witch that her clothes are getting too tight for her around her waist (indicating pregnancy).

https://brightside.me/wonder-films/9-real-stories-behind-disney-princesses-448260/
lalasticlala
mynd44
Dominique

1 Like

Re: 9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses by RoyalBlak007: 9:59pm On Feb 11, 2018
2. The Little Mermaid dies heartbroken.

Ariel, the Little Mermaid, is based on the character from Hans Christian Andersen’s classic tale. In this story, the Little Mermaid saves the prince from drowning, falls in love with him, and trades her beautiful voice to become a human. But it comes with a price: every step she takes is extremely painful.
The prince marries another girl that he believes to be his savior, and the Little Mermaid throws herself into the sea and turns into sea foam.

1 Like

Re: 9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses by RoyalBlak007: 10:01pm On Feb 11, 2018
3. Maui is a slim teenager, and Moana does not exist.

Moana is a fully fictional character. The author’s original idea was to make a movie about Maui, but after their visit to Polynesia, they were inspired by the beautiful and powerful women there (as shown in the photo on the right). They also learned a lot about navigation, and this is how the character of Moana came to life.
The movie is full of references to Polynesian mythology, in which the islands are believed to have been created by the demigod Maui. In the myths, in contrast to the movie, Maui appears as a slim young man who is coming of age with a top-knot on his head.

1 Like

Re: 9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses by RoyalBlak007: 10:02pm On Feb 11, 2018
4. In one version of the legend, Mulan commits suicide.

Mulan originates from the Chinese ballad of Mulan about a warrior woman who goes to war and, after 10 years of fighting, denies all military honors and returns home where her family greets her happily. However, in one version of the legend, Mulan returns home to find her father dead and her family falling apart. Feeling lonely and miserable, she commits suicide.

Re: 9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses by RoyalBlak007: 10:04pm On Feb 11, 2018
5. The Evil Queen in Snow White suffers a severe punishment.

In this Grimm’s fairy tale, the Evil Queen arrives at Snow White and Prince Charming’s wedding. There, she is forced to wear hot iron shoes and to dance in them until she dies.

Re: 9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses by NaoSlay: 10:08pm On Feb 11, 2018
OKAY..
Re: 9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses by RoyalBlak007: 10:08pm On Feb 11, 2018
6. Andersen’s “Elsa” is a cold and inhuman villainess.

The queen in Frozen is based on the character of the Snow Queen in the fairy tale by Hans Christian Andersen. She is the Queen of Snowflakes and lives in a frozen palace. She kidnaps a little boy, Kay, and enchants him with a kiss. His friend Gerda saves him from the Queen’s castle several years later.

1 Like

Re: 9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses by RoyalBlak007: 10:09pm On Feb 11, 2018
7. A real “Beauty and the Beast” existed in medieval France.

The story of Beauty and the Beast was written by Madame Gabrielle-Suzanne de Villeneuve and published in 1740. She is believed to have been inspired by a real couple — Pedro and Catherine Gonsalvus. Pedro suffered from a rare genetic condition, due to which his entire body was covered in thick hair. Catherine supposedly did not see her groom before the wedding day.
Although the husband did not turn into a handsome prince, the couple ended up having 7 children.

Re: 9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses by RoyalBlak007: 10:10pm On Feb 11, 2018
8. Sleeping Beauty gave birth while asleep.

In Perceforest , one of the earliest versions of the Sleeping Beauty theme written in the 16th century, Princess Zellandine falls in love with Troylus. While Troylus is gone, Zellandine falls into an enchanted sleep. When he finds her, he impregnates her in her sleep.
The newborn baby draws out the flax that caused her sleep. After waking, Zellandine realizes that the father of her child is Troylus, whom she later marries.

Re: 9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses by RoyalBlak007: 10:11pm On Feb 11, 2018
9. Pocahontas was never in love with John Smith.

Pocahontas (given birthname: Matoaka) was born in 1595 to a Powhatan chief. In 1607, John Smith, an English soldier and explorer, was captured by one of Powhatan’s hunting parties.

According to him , Matoaka threw herself across his body to protect him from execution at the hands of Powhatan. However, there is no proof that it actually happened.
Matoaka herself was kidnapped by colonists to be ransomed for English prisoners held by her father. During her captivity, tobacco planter John Rolfe conditioned her release upon her agreeing to marry him. She died when she was 21 years old.

1 Like

Re: 9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 11, 2018
The last one is painful.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses by NarnieSnyper(m): 11:20pm On Feb 11, 2018
I always knew these were lies jare. Happy endings are usually boring that's why I watch adult cartoons like South Park, Boondocks , family guy and so on.

See sleeping beauty; na so the idíiot prince enter forest, see dead body begin kiss am. Isn't that necrophilia undecided

1 Like

Re: 9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses by Tejiriseth(m): 11:37pm On Feb 11, 2018
interesting... I still watch cartoons though
Re: 9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses by Nobody: 11:41pm On Feb 11, 2018
Okay. sad
Re: 9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses by Eldavis(m): 1:04am On Feb 12, 2018
shocked
Re: 9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses by Eldavis(m): 1:05am On Feb 12, 2018
NarnieSnyper:
I always knew these were lies jare. Happy endings are usually boring that's why I watch adult cartoons like South Park, Boondocks , family guy and so on.

See sleeping beauty; na so the idíiot prince enter forest, see dead body begin kiss am. Isn't that necrophilia undecided
grin itz love rove
Re: 9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses by atilla(m): 6:03am On Feb 12, 2018
Hhhhhm very intresting
Re: 9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses by AlexCk: 7:10am On Feb 12, 2018
The Pocahontas story tho,

Maybe that's why disney did a sequel,
Cuz John Rolfe was apparently in the sequel.

Honestly, don't really like Disney cartoons, they all seem to have similar storylines. Apart from Shrek,i really liked shrek tho

1 Like

Re: 9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses by Percocet(m): 11:28am On Feb 12, 2018
Interesting
Re: 9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses by RoyalBlak007: 11:47am On Feb 12, 2018
AlexCk:
The Pocahontas story tho,

Maybe that's why disney did a sequel,
Cuz John Rolfe was apparently in the sequel.

Honestly, don't really like Disney cartoons, they all seem to have similar storylines. Apart from some Shrek,i really liked shrek tho

"Happily Ever After"

grin haha
Re: 9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses by AlexCk: 12:17pm On Feb 12, 2018
RoyalBlak007:

"Happily Ever After"

grin haha

Lol,
No such thing, except u b Walt Disney grin

1 Like

Re: 9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses by RoyalBlak007: 4:35pm On Feb 12, 2018
AlexCk:

Lol, No such thing, except u b Walt Disney grin
gringrin
Re: 9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses by RoyalBlak007: 4:35pm On Feb 12, 2018
AlexCk:

Lol, No such thing, except u b Walt Disney grin
gringrin
Re: 9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses by pocohantas(f): 4:41pm On Feb 12, 2018
So, it's you that will tell me who I was inlove with.
Bad belle people...
Re: 9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses by quinSonia(f): 4:47pm On Feb 12, 2018
Disney and their fake stories....but twelve dancing princess sha
Re: 9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses by RoyalBlak007: 4:47pm On Feb 12, 2018
pocohantas:
So, it's you that will tell me who I was inlove with.
Bad belle people...

Too bad there was no such thing as love grin

((Now we know better bout the ßushGirl)) grin
Re: 9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses by RoyalBlak007: 4:48pm On Feb 12, 2018
quinSonia:
Disney and their fake stories....but twelve dancing princess sha

Mind them not grin

..But I think 'Shrek' is different
Re: 9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses by MystiqueReine(f): 4:55pm On Feb 12, 2018
Thanks to the op my childhood has been ruined
Even my small youth sef cause moana was just last year cry

1 Like

Re: 9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses by quinSonia(f): 5:20pm On Feb 12, 2018
RoyalBlak007:

Mind them not grin

..But I think 'Shrek' is different

I love shrek eh...make I go download shrek watch again self...#memories

1 Like

Re: 9 Real Stories Behind Disney Princesses by RoyalBlak007: 7:19pm On Feb 12, 2018
MystiqueReine:
Thanks to the op my childhood has been ruined

Even my small youth sef cause moana was just last year cry

There's no such thing as Moana.

Now you know grin

(1) (Reply)

Should I Accept Her Back After Being Gone Several Months Without Communicating? / Nursing Mother Releases Nude Photos Of Her Husband's Bold Sidechic / A Nigerian Facebook User Ace Zaddy Shares Nude Photos Of Himself (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.