Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Dangote Refinery: Graduate Trainees Vow To End Fuel Scarcity - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dangote Refinery: Graduate Trainees Vow To End Fuel Scarcity (16723 Views)

Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery / Dangote Oil Refinery: Graduate Engineer Trainees Return After Overseas Training / Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery: Graduate Trainees Vow To End Fuel Scarcity by serikigoro: 6:27pm On Feb 12, 2018
Dangote refinery is the ONLY available solution for now to Nigeria'S PERENNIAL fuel scarcity. We dont have any working refinery , so we have to import petroleum products consumed in millions of litres daily. A dollar is now over 360 Naira. Most countries of the world sell petrol above $1. with the devaluation of the Naira government either pays subsidy or increase the pump price. When Dangote refinery comes on board the cost of shipping crude abroad for refining, shipping refined products back then distributing by road plus all shipping charges will be reduced or eliminated completely till then it is a catch 22. Well done Seriki Mai Sugar, Seriki Mai cement, Seriki Mai flour, now Seriki Mai phetrol! While others are burying their stolen money in graveyards, Dangote is using his own money to build the largest refinery in Africa. After some five years now some people will say this guy did blood money. You don't need no prophet to tell you before you know that this guy within the next 5 yrs of operation of this refinery is going to become one of the ten richest men in the whole world. Quote me!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery: Graduate Trainees Vow To End Fuel Scarcity by aolawale025: 6:37pm On Feb 12, 2018
To be sincere Nigeria and Nigerians are depending on that refinery
Re: Dangote Refinery: Graduate Trainees Vow To End Fuel Scarcity by Frankwest77(m): 6:38pm On Feb 12, 2018
Mere Talks
Re: Dangote Refinery: Graduate Trainees Vow To End Fuel Scarcity by konfused: 6:41pm On Feb 12, 2018
Is this a government project?

Does it mean Dangote will have monopoly over fuel or what?

What of Orient refinery ? What happened to it ?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery: Graduate Trainees Vow To End Fuel Scarcity by aolawale025: 6:41pm On Feb 12, 2018
Zonacom:
You guys can only pledge to produce the best petroleum products for Nigeria. You can't do much about ending scarcity, cos it's more of politics.

The refinery has a capacity in excess of Nigerian petroleum requirements. It's more of demand and supply forces than politics. Cluelessness and nepotism have been responsible for nnpc inability to meet up

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery: Graduate Trainees Vow To End Fuel Scarcity by debolayinka(m): 6:43pm On Feb 12, 2018
Just like our polithievecians have been saying the National pledge and yet, they ain't faithful, loyal, and honest.
Una want join the promise and fail team abi?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery: Graduate Trainees Vow To End Fuel Scarcity by Enemyofpeace: 6:47pm On Feb 12, 2018
End am first. Talk is cheap
Re: Dangote Refinery: Graduate Trainees Vow To End Fuel Scarcity by Ogaonos: 6:56pm On Feb 12, 2018
CryptoClub2018:
It's quite unfortunate that I find myself in a country called Nigeria. In 2013 after my NYSC,I applied for the Federal Ministry of Finance SURE-P graduate internship Scheme and I was very fortunate that GIS found an employer for me which happen to be DANGOTE GROUP.
I accepted the offer immediately. We were give ONLY 30 days to complete the process and start work.
I received an email from Dangote HQ that I have been selected for DANGOTE Academy GETS test but I have to come for an assessment scheduled to hold on 6th September, 2013.
To cut the long story short, after the assessment,I was sent a congratulatory message that I did well and I have been selected as a candidate for a 12 to 18 months intensive skilled training and that i should send my T-Shirt size and Shoe side because all there interns would be putting on the same branded clothes all through the period of the training. I did as i was instructed and after that things changed and the rest is history. I didn't hear from them again for months. I called, sent messages and also went to there office at Ikoyi but my people, I think politics have been played and we have been swapped.
I still have all the mails sent to me and how things played out till date.
I probably would have also been one of these people that just returned from INDIA and as a middle level engineer at DANGOTE GROUP but thanks to the powers that be in Nigeria.
I have not lost hope in my struggle to be the best I can be in life with the help of God.
God's approval is far greater than man politics.
I congratulate all the new DANGOTE group refinery engineers.
my brother many pple hav experience such.wat mak d difference is putting it in d hands of God.my friend dt wen 4 many interviews 4 4 interviews d interviewers go write his number say hopeful thins 2 him.so ther was a bank dt was recuiting even me doubt d job recuitment because it was a coded job offer 4 3 months my friend do bumper 2 bumper but d same thin.na my guy uex dis mata na pastor mata.met a prophet introdue by his former employer nd e rest his history.he nw wrking ther.dt y wen dis atheist nairalander ar talking i jux smh

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery: Graduate Trainees Vow To End Fuel Scarcity by sexdoll: 7:08pm On Feb 12, 2018
Zonacom:
You guys can only pledge to produce the best petroleum products for Nigeria. You can't do much about ending scarcity, cos it's more of politics.

Be optimistic for once
Re: Dangote Refinery: Graduate Trainees Vow To End Fuel Scarcity by Oladeleeleniyan(m): 7:14pm On Feb 12, 2018
[quote author=Master07 post=65006039]Newly trained Dangote Refinery graduate engineers have promised an end to the ongoing fuel scarcity in the country when the Refinery takes off.
The engineers just returned from a training programme at Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. in India, the company said today.

The engineers have promised to deploy the knowledge and skills acquired during the training to ensure Nigeria is saved the embarrassment of fuel scarcity when the refinery comes on stream.
The engineers, who described their experience as second to none in the history of Nigeria oil and gas sector said never again would Nigeria experience fuel scarcity as the Dangote Refinery would be operated in the most efficient manner.
According to a statement, the Dangote Refinery, in preparation for takeoff, has been sending in batches Nigerian engineers to Bharat Refinery in India, arguably the biggest in the world for training in refinery operation and production.
The Dangote Refinery is Africa’s largest, with a capacity to produce 650,000 bpd. It is billed to commence operation soon.
The Nigerian engineers shared their experience with the management members at the Refinery premises at Lekki. They said they had both theory and practical training in India.
The engineers also said that it was a rare opportunity to witness a refinery of the Dangote’s size being built from the scratch.
Opeyemi Oyedepo, Process engineer and Igwe John, petroleum and gas engineer told the management how they were made to be part of trouble shooting during their training, a development that has boosted their confidence that Dangote Refinery with most modern facilities will eradicate perennial fuel scarcity in Nigeria.
The Graduate engineers also said they learnt, as part of their training, efficient refinery operations and adherence to quality and standard.
Technical Adviser to Dangote Refinery, Mr Babajide Soyode expressed satisfaction that the best of the graduate engineers were selected as attested to by the the trainers in India.
He said the management was proud of the engineers as they have displayed a thorough understanding of what they learnt in India.
Soyode said the Dangote Refinery chose Bharat, as the training ground, because it is the biggest refinery in the world and is ready to train young engineers, unlike the disposition in Europe and other parts of the Western world.
The company’s Director of Human Capital Management and Project Support, Mohan Kumar, while presenting the returnee engineers said the company is laying a solid foundation for takeoff with the training of the engineers.
He said the young engineers were trained on how to manage the operations of the refinery.
Kumar added that the engineers had gathered fundamental practical knowledge about refinery.
According to him, the engineers are recruited and trained to witness the building of the refinery from scratch.
He said the engineers spent two months in classroom training and three months on the job training.
Kumar explained that the engineers were trained by experts, who had over 45 years experience in refinery operations.
He said that the training became imperative due to the commitment of Dangote Group to promote local content by developing indigenous capacity.
He stated that “the engineers are expected to also transfer the skills acquired to other Nigerians when the refinery comes on stream.(NAN)

These people are eager to start work,I can see d spirit, I pray you survive where Fg has failed.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Graduate Trainees Vow To End Fuel Scarcity by TonyRoland(m): 7:14pm On Feb 12, 2018
CryptoClub2018:
It's quite unfortunate that I find myself in a country called Nigeria. In 2013 after my NYSC,I applied for the Federal Ministry of Finance SURE-P graduate internship Scheme and I was very fortunate that GIS found an employer for me which happen to be DANGOTE GROUP.
I accepted the offer immediately. We were give ONLY 30 days to complete the process and start work.
I received an email from Dangote HQ that I have been selected for DANGOTE Academy GETS test but I have to come for an assessment scheduled to hold on 6th September, 2013.
To cut the long story short, after the assessment,I was sent a congratulatory message that I did well and I have been selected as a candidate for a 12 to 18 months intensive skilled training and that i should send my T-Shirt size and Shoe side because all there interns would be putting on the same branded clothes all through the period of the training. I did as i was instructed and after that things changed and the rest is history. I didn't hear from them again for months. I called, sent messages and also went to there office at Ikoyi but my people, I think politics have been played and we have been swapped.
I probably would have also been one of these people that just returned from INDIA and as a middle level engineer at DANGOTE GROUP but thanks to the powers that be in Nigeria.
I have not lost hope in my struggle to be the best I can be in life with the help of God.
eeyah.......bro God is ur strength if u believe in him he will surely bless u abundantly.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Graduate Trainees Vow To End Fuel Scarcity by Benekruku(m): 7:15pm On Feb 12, 2018
obiZEAL:
As long as we still have a dullard in Aso rock who value COWS over humans...we will continue suffering

The magic is to get your PVC!

2019forDuke

Stop dreaming Bro!

Not even after 2023 when Buhari will hand-over!
Re: Dangote Refinery: Graduate Trainees Vow To End Fuel Scarcity by KingsleyCEO: 7:16pm On Feb 12, 2018
Don't worry. Very soon counties will be looking for where to dump the product because is of no use to them with the new technology of electric cars.

Nigeria has been a dumping ground since...
Re: Dangote Refinery: Graduate Trainees Vow To End Fuel Scarcity by mvem(m): 7:21pm On Feb 12, 2018
obiZEAL:
As long as we still have a dullard in Aso rock who value COWS over humans...we will continue suffering

2019forDuke
...you are in wonder world... Who doesn't know that it is another northerner for 2019......
Re: Dangote Refinery: Graduate Trainees Vow To End Fuel Scarcity by deepwater(f): 7:32pm On Feb 12, 2018
CryptoClub2018:

My brother, I understand how you feel. I had the same experience with a multinational at a time. But don't be discouraged, life goes on. I later met another fantastic opportunity that shifted me higher. You see, Gods plan is always the best.

Take your mind of politics and all that with reserving jobs for politicians, it happens but we can't stop it. However, people are still taken on merit. On this thread. This same news, I know someone on that picture up there, Infact the person is right here with me. The person got that job on merit (can't say about others) what I am trying to say is keep up. Don't get discouraged or broken you shall succeed in Jesus name Amen

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery: Graduate Trainees Vow To End Fuel Scarcity by Lomprico2: 8:06pm On Feb 12, 2018
Dangote is behind the fuel scarcity. QED! lipsrsealed
Re: Dangote Refinery: Graduate Trainees Vow To End Fuel Scarcity by Yusman316(m): 9:00pm On Feb 12, 2018
Raiyell:
I only read Southern names. Is Dangote impervious to Quota system?

Had true merit been entrenched into our systems since the last fifty years, Northern Nigeria would have made giant strides but Quota System keeps them docile. After all, e sure for them.

Shithole country.
Zoo nation.

Nnamdi is a prophet.
Heard hell has it own prophet. hope u re not referring to that region
Re: Dangote Refinery: Graduate Trainees Vow To End Fuel Scarcity by osusuallstars: 9:10pm On Feb 12, 2018
where will the crude oil comes from for dangote to refine??/?olodo
Re: Dangote Refinery: Graduate Trainees Vow To End Fuel Scarcity by fabraham(m): 9:46pm On Feb 12, 2018
CryptoClub2018:
That was how they came up with Graduate Entrepreneurship Scheme (GES) in 2015.The programme was aimed at empowering 10,000 graduates for their Cement trucks on owner-occupier basis after a period of 4 years. A lot of us did the assessment and background check about our physical location and guarantors were carried out but up till now,we have not heard from them.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Graduate Trainees Vow To End Fuel Scarcity by akigbemaru: 9:50pm On Feb 12, 2018
Master07:
Newly trained Dangote Refinery graduate engineers have promised an end to the ongoing fuel scarcity in the country when the Refinery takes off.
The engineers just returned from a training programme at Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. in India, the company said today.

The engineers have promised to deploy the knowledge and skills acquired during the training to ensure Nigeria is saved the embarrassment of fuel scarcity when the refinery comes on stream.
The engineers, who described their experience as second to none in the history of Nigeria oil and gas sector said never again would Nigeria experience fuel scarcity as the Dangote Refinery would be operated in the most efficient manner.
According to a statement, the Dangote Refinery, in preparation for takeoff, has been sending in batches Nigerian engineers to Bharat Refinery in India, arguably the biggest in the world for training in refinery operation and production.
The Dangote Refinery is Africa’s largest, with a capacity to produce 650,000 bpd. It is billed to commence operation soon.
The Nigerian engineers shared their experience with the management members at the Refinery premises at Lekki. They said they had both theory and practical training in India.
The engineers also said that it was a rare opportunity to witness a refinery of the Dangote’s size being built from the scratch.
Opeyemi Oyedepo, Process engineer and Igwe John, petroleum and gas engineer told the management how they were made to be part of trouble shooting during their training, a development that has boosted their confidence that Dangote Refinery with most modern facilities will eradicate perennial fuel scarcity in Nigeria.
The Graduate engineers also said they learnt, as part of their training, efficient refinery operations and adherence to quality and standard.
Technical Adviser to Dangote Refinery, Mr Babajide Soyode expressed satisfaction that the best of the graduate engineers were selected as attested to by the the trainers in India.
He said the management was proud of the engineers as they have displayed a thorough understanding of what they learnt in India.
Soyode said the Dangote Refinery chose Bharat, as the training ground, because it is the biggest refinery in the world and is ready to train young engineers, unlike the disposition in Europe and other parts of the Western world.
The company’s Director of Human Capital Management and Project Support, Mohan Kumar, while presenting the returnee engineers said the company is laying a solid foundation for takeoff with the training of the engineers.
He said the young engineers were trained on how to manage the operations of the refinery.
Kumar added that the engineers had gathered fundamental practical knowledge about refinery.
According to him, the engineers are recruited and trained to witness the building of the refinery from scratch.
He said the engineers spent two months in classroom training and three months on the job training.
Kumar explained that the engineers were trained by experts, who had over 45 years experience in refinery operations.
He said that the training became imperative due to the commitment of Dangote Group to promote local content by developing indigenous capacity.
He stated that “the engineers are expected to also transfer the skills acquired to other Nigerians when the refinery comes on stream.(NAN)

Source

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/dangote-graduate-trainees-vows-to-end-fuel-scarcity.html

Re: Dangote Refinery: Graduate Trainees Vow To End Fuel Scarcity by rhektor(m): 11:26pm On Feb 12, 2018
So they created artificial scarcity for this refinery to start and then attribute the success to Dangote? What is going on in my country sef?
Re: Dangote Refinery: Graduate Trainees Vow To End Fuel Scarcity by obienroute: 8:02am On Feb 13, 2018
Same old story. Dangote took over the cement industry when a bag was sold at #1400. Today it's 2400 a bag and most of the raw materials are sourced locally, and we export cement to other African countries. I'm not a fan of monopoly. PMB should deregulate the sector period.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Graduate Trainees Vow To End Fuel Scarcity by omenka1: 9:16am On Feb 13, 2018
obiZEAL:

2019forDuke
Ur head dey there my bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. / Army Chief Buratai, 49 Other Officers Write Exam / Top 8 accounting software/package

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.