Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Yahweh And His Lying Angels. - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Yahweh And His Lying Angels. (13390 Views)

Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) / Yahweh And Freewill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Rhino4dm: 8:35am On Nov 16, 2010
^^ MSG what!
Guy say anything you want and qoute from even the book of death if you wish.
Those verses were very clear yahwah is an accomplice in this crime with thesame motives and intentions to decieve and cause harm.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by logic1: 8:42am On Nov 16, 2010
^^ MSG what!
Guy say anything you want and qoute from even the book of death if you wish.
Those verses were very clear yahwah is an accomplice in this crime with thesame motives and intentions to decieve and cause harm.

Ok sir!
Sorry for trying to convince you. I thought the main point of the thread was to debate.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by logic1: 3:38pm On Nov 16, 2010
Anyone with doubts concerning the Christian faith can post them on the topic with the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-552049.0.html
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 03, 2014
Lies only lead to more lies. Yahweh is the god of all liars.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by aydah(f): 2:13pm On Sep 03, 2014
I know I'm a little late to comment on this but I just have to. Hope the guys involved get to c it. The bible clearly states in Titus 3:9 "But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain". These means you shoul avoide unecessary arguments with someone who clearly doesn't know God or understands the scripture! Just let him be. He will understand on the last day! Hope this helps.... wink
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Swistar: 8:32am On Apr 17, 2015
DeepSight:
Lol! Where is the Christian brigade now to explain away this one? ? ?

No doubt they will declare this "symbolic!"

Olaadegbu, where are you? Where is Noetic? Davidylan? and the VINCLEAR GANG? ([b]Vi[/b]aro? [b]In[/b]esqor? Nu[b]clear[/b]boy)

Why is Yahweh propagating lies as definitively conveyed in YOUR OWN PERFECT AND INFALLIBLE SCRIPTURES?

Because God was determined to destroy Ahab. You'd know that if you had read the entire passage.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by DeepSight(m): 9:53am On Apr 17, 2015
^^^ Lol. Ancient discussion.

I doubt the idea of an omnipotent resorting to subterfuge, and worse - I doubt the dignity of it.
But this no longer matters as my views overall have changed somewhat.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by dejilg(m): 8:08pm On May 07, 2015
truly dis thread is ancient in the sense of it being out of the heat of the moment...

its has a nice "topic" too, but the topic is ignorant of the text it addresses!!!

Yahweh and His Lying Angels

to me, the only one lying here is the OP, or let's give him the benefit of doubt, he lacks the understanding of the passage he quotes from...

let's have a quick read from the passage of the Bible he quotes and show how erroneous the topic and the objection is...

2 Chronicles 18:

4 And Jehoshaphat said to the king of Israel, "Inquire first for the word of the Lord." 5 Then the king of Israel gathered the prophets together, four hundred men, and said to them, "Shall we go to battle against Ramoth-gilead, or shall I refrain?" And they said, "Go up, for God will give it into the hand of the king." 6 But Jehoshaphat said, "Is there not here another prophet of the Lord of whom we may inquire?" 7 And the king of Israel said to Jehoshaphat, "There is yet one man by whom we may inquire of the Lord, Micaiah the son of Imlah; but I hate him, for he never prophesies good concerning me, but always evil." And Jehoshaphat said, "Let not the king say so." 8 Then the king of Israel summoned an officer and said, "Bring quickly Micaiah the son of Imlah." 9 Now the king of Israel and Jehoshaphat the king of Judah were sitting on their thrones, arrayed in their robes. And they were sitting at the threshing floor at the entrance of the gate of Samaria, and all the prophets were prophesying before them. 10 And Zedekiah the son of Chenaanah made for himself horns of iron and said, "Thus says the Lord, 'With these you shall push the Syrians until they are destroyed.'" 11 And all the prophets prophesied so and said, "Go up to Ramoth-gilead and triumph. The Lord will give it into the hand of the king."
12 And the messenger who went to summon Micaiah said to him, "Behold, the words of the prophets with one accord are favorable to the king. Let your word be like the word of one of them, and speak favorably." 13 But Micaiah said, "As the Lord lives, what my God says, that I will speak." 14 And when he had come to the king, the king said to him, "Micaiah, shall we go to Ramoth-gilead to battle, or shall I refrain?" And he answered, "Go up and triumph; they will be given into your hand." 15 But the king said to him, "How many times shall I make you swear that you speak to me nothing but the truth in the name of the Lord?" 16 And he said, "I saw all Israel scattered on the mountains, as sheep that have no shepherd. And the Lord said, 'These have no master; let each return to his home in peace.'" 17 And the king of Israel said to Jehoshaphat, "Did I not tell you that he would not prophesy good concerning me, but evil?" 18 And Micaiah said, "Therefore hear the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing on his right hand and on his left. 19 And the Lord said, 'Who will entice Ahab the king of Israel, that he may go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead?' And one said one thing, and another said another. 20 Then a spirit came forward and stood before the Lord, saying, 'I will entice him.' And the Lord said to him, 'By what means?' 21 And he said, 'I will go out, and will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.' And he said, 'You are to entice him, and you shall succeed; go out and do so.' 22 Now therefore behold, the Lord has put a lying spirit in the mouth of these your prophets. The Lord has declared disaster concerning you."
23 Then Zedekiah the son of Chenaanah came near and struck Micaiah on the cheek and said, "Which way did the Spirit of the Lord go from me to speak to you?" 24 And Micaiah said, "Behold, you shall see on that day when you go into an inner chamber to hide yourself." 25 And the king of Israel said, "Seize Micaiah and take him back to Amon the governor of the city and to Joash the king's son, 26 and say, 'Thus says the king, Put this fellow in prison and feed him with meager rations of bread and water until I return in peace.'" 27 And Micaiah said, "If you return in peace, the Lord has not spoken by me." And he said, "Hear, all you peoples!"

its clear from the passage that the lie ddnt even come from "an Angel". so we wonder wea the topic got the idea....for d meaning of the term "malakh" which is translated as Angel in d greek septuagiant of the OT and hence in English, the word means "Messenger"...a careful notice will see that the passage ddnt say its a messenger that came forward to YHWH, but a "spirit" and this spirit isn't described as a "messenger" for YHWH...as others have enlightened the OP on the subject, that even the fallen ones sometimes are summoned to d presence of YHWH...

now when one reads further one will notice that the King Ahab has called all his favourite prophets (which are false prophets by the way) and inquired of them concerning Ramoth-gilead, but all favoured him, and yet he still said, "there is one from whom we can inquire from of the LORD" and that was Micaiah, the prophet. Note that he said he hates him cos he doesn't speak favourably of him...

Again it is worth noting from the passage that, Micaiah even related/narrated this so called "conspiration (as seen by the OP) to the king, which wud be an order from YHWH Himself, so if this is d case, does dis not look like a warning
and note again that YHWH said "I have put a lying spirit on the mouths of your prophets (Ahab's favourite prophets)...

Lastly, I believe the OP can read, maybe he shld tell us what the King did to Micaiah, to show his dissatisfaction, isn't dis whole passage a warning to Ahab from YHWH and yet Ahab went ahead to do what YHWH explicitly commanded him not to do?!

and about Ahab's Prophets which I believe were the prophet of Baal that were killed by Elijah later on...they were false prophets and Ahab had systematically stopped worshipping the God of Isreal (YHWH)...also in the history of the kings of Israel, Ahab was probably the most idolatrous due to his wife's (Jezebel) influence.

I hope the OP can now truly show us why he hates YHWH, instead of showing how he ignorantly reads the Bible only to criticise it. Thank you and God bless!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Why Do People Fear Celestial Church People / Jesus Appeared To Chris Okotie At 3-years-old / "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.