Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,621 members, 7,813,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Yahweh And His Lying Angels. - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Yahweh And His Lying Angels. (13393 Views)

Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) / Yahweh And Freewill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Romeo4real(m): 7:12pm On Jul 03, 2010
You are the one talking nonsense. . .Several places in the bible we see god abi na jesus telling us to put our trust in him. We are told to have faith in god for everything including salvation. Do trust and faith not go hand in hand??
Err, please liberate your brain from the shackles of ignorance before spouting garbage. The Bible and its quotes are meant for believers, not doubters and non-believers; so any quotes about trust are NOT meant for the likes of you. Please read up Hebrews 11:6 for more understanding.

It looks really foolish when you quote something you claim not to believe in, in order to justify WHY you do not believe in it, dont you think?
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Tudor6(f): 10:29pm On Jul 03, 2010
Romeo4real:

Err, please liberate your brain from the shackles of ignorance before spouting garbage. The Bible and its quotes are meant for believers, not doubters and non-believers; so any quotes about trust are NOT meant for the likes of you. Please read up Hebrews 11:6 for more understanding.
Story story. . . , The thread is about yahweh and his lies. Whether or not we will should trust a diety who is capable of deceit.

Eer when will you deluded imbeciles quit confusing yourselves?? The bible and its quotes apply only to believers? I laugh. Several times in the bible god calls out to sinners/unbelievers to repent and turn to him/her. . . . Again severally sinners and unbeievers are warned about consequences if they dont believe/trust yahweh. . . So Mr, who are those quotes for? Your as.s?

Try again.
It looks really foolish when you quote something you claim not to believe in, in order to justify WHY you do not believe in it, dont you think?
quit yapping rubbish. . .did you really think before typing this or you were just in a hurry to ej.aculate crap??

You come preaching that I give my life to a yahweh guy telling me from a book of all his wonders and deeds, i point out your yahweh is a liar based on what is written in the book and therefore untrustworthy. What is wrong with that?

Sorry to say, i think you need to have your head checked.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Image123(m): 7:01am On Jul 04, 2010
In a way, the Bible is written to believers, but tudor, he didn't say ONLY. Believers take God personal, you know. Personal Lord and Saviour, so in one way the letter is written to us. On the other hand, I've got two, the Bible is written to all mankind.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by jesus3: 8:25am On Jul 04, 2010
Tudór:

Story story. . . , The thread is about yahweh and his lies. Whether or not we will should trust a diety who is capable of deceit.
I put it to u that the above quote is beyond u. Hav u forgotten that u're a deceiver your self?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-467743.128.html
Tudór:

Eer when will you deluded imbeciles quit confusing yourselves?? The bible and its quotes apply only to believers? I laugh.
U are used to nasty languages and this will continue to raise questions about your true sex and mental balance

The bible doesnt apply only to believers but substantially  apply to belivers in its entirety

Tudór:

Try again.quit yapping rubbish. . .did you really think before typing this or you were just in a hurry to ej.aculate crap??
did  u think your self tudor,before typing the bolded parts?
Tudór:

You come preaching that I give my life to a yahweh guy telling me from a book of all his wonders and deeds, i point out your yahweh is a liar based on what is written in the book and therefore untrustworthy. What is wrong with that?
A lot is wrong with your post, in that where did u point out anything to romeo as regards yaweh being a liar from the bible? l mean where is the biblical quote u made to this effect?
Another deceit from u a natural pathetic liar. This implies u 're untrustworthy yourself
Tudór:

[b]Sorry to say, i think you need to have your head checked./b]
What about your own head that seems to be filled with craps,lies, insults,  doesnt it need to be examined?
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Tudor6(f): 10:21am On Jul 04, 2010
jesus.:

I put it to u that the above quote is beyond u. Hav u forgotten that u're a deceiver your self?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-467743.128.htmlU are used to nasty languages&this will continue to raise questions about your true sex and mental balance

The bible doesnt apply only to believers but substantially  apply to belivers in its entirety
did  u think your self tudor,before typing the bolded parts?A lot is wrong with your post, in that where did u point out anything to romeo as regards yaweh being a liar from the bible? l mean where is the biblical quote u made to this effect?
Another deceit from u a natural pathetic liar. This implies u 're untrustworthy yourselfWhat about your own head that seems to be filled with craps,lies, insults,  doesnt it need to be examined?

Does this fool actually know what this thread is about??

Did you read through at all??
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Tudor6(f): 10:31am On Jul 04, 2010
Image123:

In a way, the Bible is written to believers, but tudor, he didn't say ONLY. Believers take God personal, you know. Personal Lord and Saviour, so in one way the letter is written to us. On the other hand, I've got two, the Bible is written to all mankind.
Tell that to Mr Romeo who thought he could invent crap from his head to defend his silly statements
Romeo4real:

what does the bolded above imply?? ''The bible and its quotes are meant for believers and NOT unbelievers'' - quit making excuses for a daft gaffe.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Romeo4real(m): 9:31pm On Jul 05, 2010
^^^^
what does the bolded above imply?? ''The bible and its quotes are meant for believers and NOT unbelievers'' - quit making excuses for a daft gaffe.

Several times in the bible god calls out to sinners/unbelievers to repent and turn to him/her. . . . Again severally sinners and unbeievers are arned about consequences if they dont believe/trust yahweh. . . So Mr, who are those quotes for? Your behind?

It is really tiresome arguing with non-believers who think they have a good understanding of the Bible.
Tudor, you are obviously not the sharpest knife in the block, so i will painfully explain it to you again. I quoted Heb 11:6 for you; you obviously didn't read it, so here goes - "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." - please focus on the bolded bit.

You can see the Bible is not meant for people like you. Firstly, you CANT have faith in that which you do not believe in. Secondly, to come to God, you MUST first believe that he exists! Sure the Bible calls out  to unbelievers and sinners, but IF they accept that call, they CEASE  to be unbelievers. What part of this does your lobotomised brain not understand?  The Bible is MEANT for believers, and not unbelievers who enter into inconsequential arguments about trust or what not!

Well,I have NEVER preached to you, and i could care less if you burned in hell for eternity, so i don't know where you got that from. Also, no one cares what you think about God, or whether you trust him, least of all, God himself. And the argument regarding whether God is a liar because he sent a lying spirit has been properly deconstructed here - but you neglected to show your face then,  because, as i suspect, the debate was rather intellectual, instead of degenerating into denigrating comment (which is your forte).

But again, to point out the folly of your argument - how can you use something you claim NOT to be true, to prove that which you claim to be true? i.e, Using the Bible to prove God is a lair and cannot be trusted, amongst other things. A moronic premise, if there ever was one.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Tudor6(f): 10:45pm On Jul 05, 2010
Romeo4real:

^^^^
It is really tiresome arguing with non-believers who think they have a good understanding of the Bible.
Tudor, you are obviously not the sharpest knife in the block, so i will painfully explain it to you again. I quoted Heb 11:6 for you; you obviously didn't read it, so here goes - "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." - please focus on the bolded bit.

You can see the Bible is not meant for people like you. Firstly, you CANT have faith in that which you do not believe in. Secondly, to come to God, you MUST first believe that he exists! Sure the Bible calls out  to unbelievers and sinners, but IF they accept that call, they CEASE  to be unbelievers. What part of this does your lobotomised brain not understand?  The Bible is MEANT for believers, and not unbelievers who enter into inconsequential arguments about trust or what not!

lol. . .its fun to see loud-mouthed fools wriggle in the shiit they created for themselves. . . .

What exactly is this dude saying?

''Sure the Bible calls out  to unbelievers and sinners, but IF they accept that call, they CEASE  to be unbelievers.''

The slowpoke has clearly stated that the bible calls out to unbelievers and sinners . does that not contradict his daft claim that''The bible and its quotes are NOT meant for unbelievers''?

Who cares IF they accept the call or not
The relevant issue HERE IS THERE WAS A CALL MADE!

WHO WAS THE CALL/MESSAGE TO REPENT MADE TO in the first place? Answer; Unbelievers/sinners

A BOOK THAT CONTAINS MESSAGES MADE TO SINNERS/UNBELIEVERS CAN IT BE SAID TO NOT BE FOR UNBELIEVERS?? Answer; NO

Why then will an iidiot come claim and proudly so that ''the bible and its quotes are NOT meant for unbelievers''?? Answer; ask Romeo4real

Well,I have NEVER preached to you, and i could care less if you burned in hell for eternity, so i don't know where you got that from. Also, no one cares what you think about God, or whether you trust him, least of all, God himself. And the argument regarding whether God is a liar because he sent a lying spirit has been properly deconstructed here - but you neglected to show your face then,  because, as i suspect, the debate was rather intellectual, instead of degenerating into denigrating comment (which is your forte).

But again, to point out the folly of your argument - how can you use something you claim NOT to be true, to prove that which you claim to be true? i.e, Using the Bible to prove God is a lair and cannot be trusted, amongst other things. A moronic premise, if there ever was one.

Another idiotic statement. Even in the court of law a witness can be proven to be a liar based on internal inconsistencies in his hitherto suspected fictional testimony. Go figure

Did this noisemaker actually go to school at all??

Try again abeg. . . .
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by mazaje(m): 12:46am On Jul 06, 2010
Who is this Romeoforreal guy?. . . .I have read through his posts on this thread and the guy is just pitifully deceiving himself and lying through his teeth in most of his posts. . . .He just keeps on repeating the silly mantra that people have no right to judge his God based on how or what they think when that is exactly what he is doing? All he has to talk about God is what others have written down based on their thoughts, wishes and fantasies. Has any God ever appeared to Mr romeaoforreal and told him anything personally on how people should judge him or not? Is Mr romeaoforreal not using the idea of a God that other people conceived of and a God that was CREATED by others to make his point?. . . . .Why then is he lying through his teeth?. . .

More of Yahweh's acts of deceit as recorded in the bible. . . .

JER 4:10 - Then I said, "Ah, Sovereign LORD, how completely you have deceived this people and Jerusalem by saying, 'You will have peace,' when the sword is at our throats."

JER 20:7 - O LORD, you deceived me, and I was deceived you overpowered me and prevailed. I am ridiculed all day long; everyone mocks me.

Its very clear that Yahweh has a penchant for sending lying spirits to people or deceiving people himself as recorded in the bible(Isaiah 37:7 and 2 Kings 19:7). The problem is if you read down in the book of Jeremiah you will see that Yahweh even acknowledge that he does evil and he apologized for the evil he did. . .

By the way what is it with Yahweh enticing people to send prophecies and then killing them at the same time. . .

EZ 14:9 - "'And if the prophet is enticed to utter a prophecy, I the LORD have enticed that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand against him and destroy him from among my people Israel.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Romeo4real(m): 2:39pm On Jul 09, 2010
The slowpoke has clearly stated that the bible calls out to unbelievers and sinners .  does that not contradict his daft claim that''The bible and its quotes are NOT meant for unbelievers''?
So by your intellectual thinking, because a call was made to unbelievers, it means that the Bible is for them? How about you read the Bible properly, and count how many times the Bible spoke to unbelievers, and how many times it speaks to believers – and see which one comes out on top. I guess this means the Bible is for Satan – as God called him out then. Unbelief is no excuse for idiocy.

Another idiotic statement. Even in the court of law a witness can be proven to be a liar based on internal inconsistencies in his hitherto suspected fictional testimony. Go figure
Now let us examine this in detail. A witness is called to give testimony. The Judge and Jury have NO opinion about his testimony. It is only decided to be unreliable only, and only AFTER they have heard it, and weighed it up against other evidence - NOT before! Can you see how you are displaying your foolishness for all to see? I would have asked you to go figure, but i know you cant.

The point, which you seem too thick to understand is that, you ALREADY do not believe the Bible, so quoting it, in an attempt to justify your unbelief is just plain daft.

Did this noisemaker actually go to school at all??
How old are you exactly??
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by PastorAIO: 2:48pm On Jul 09, 2010
^^^ Now this is classic Nairaland.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Romeo4real(m): 3:03pm On Jul 09, 2010
Who is this Romeoforreal guy?. . . .I have read through his posts on this thread and the guy is just pitifully deceiving himself and lying through his teeth in most of his posts. . . .He just keeps on repeating the silly mantra that people have no right to judge his God based on how or what they think when that is exactly what he is doing?
If you can reason logically(which you obviously cant), then you will be able to see the fallacy in using something you claim to be false, to prove that which you claim to be true.

All he has to talk about God is what others have written down based on their thoughts, wishes and fantasies. Has any God ever appeared to Mr romeaoforreal and told him anything personally on how people should judge him or not? Is Mr romeaoforreal not using the idea of a God that other people conceived of and a God that was CREATED by others to make his point?. . . . .Why then is he lying through his teeth?. . .
Can you please then enlighten us from whence your idea of God came from - oh i forgot, you say you are an atheist, but you believe there is a "God",or "many Gods", or "Oneness of Infinity", or whatever, and its definitely not the God of the Bible. How very confused.

Its very clear that Yahweh has a penchant for sending lying spirits to people or deceiving people himself as recorded in the bible(Isaiah 37:7 and 2 Kings 19:7). The problem is if you read down in the book of Jeremiah you will see that Yahweh even acknowledge that he does evil and he apologized for the evil he did. . .
Point is Mazaje, if these "acts of lying" as you put it were not in the Bible, would you still believe in it? NO. So quit yapping on about it. It matters not much.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Image123(m): 3:21pm On Jul 09, 2010
The drama continues
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by PastorAIO: 4:11pm On Jul 09, 2010
Very boring drama.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Tudor6(f): 5:04pm On Jul 09, 2010
Romeo4real:

So by your intellectual thinking, because a call was made to unbelievers, it means that the Bible is for them? How about you read the Bible properly, and count how many times the Bible spoke to unbelievers, and how many times it speaks to believers – and see which one comes out on top. I guess this means the Bible is for Satan – as God called him out then. Unbelief is no excuse for idiocy.
You are a big fool. . . .

Here is the daft quote from you;

Romeo4real:

Err, please liberate your brain from the shackles of ignorance before spouting garbage. The Bible and its quotes are meant for believers, not doubters and non-believers;

I showed the iidiot ''QUOTES'' in the bible directed at so-called ''unbelievers'', ''doubters''.

Tell me fool, WHO ARE THOSE QUOTES FOR your butthole??

Answer the damn question, slowpoke

And oh, if the bible contains quotes directed at satan then YES the bible contains messages for satan,  Try again abeg

Now let us examine this in detail. A witness is called to give testimony. The Judge and Jury have NO opinion about his testimony. It is only decided to be unreliable only, and only AFTER they have heard it, and weighed it up against other evidence - NOT before! Can you see how you are displaying your foolishness for all to see? I would have asked you to go figure, but i know you cant.

The point, which you seem too thick to understand is that, you ALREADY do not believe the Bible, so quoting it, in an attempt to justify your unbelief is just plain daft.
How old are you exactly??

What is this goat rambling

Which foolish evidence?? A witness who is inconsistent in his testimony and a lawyer uses the internal inconsistencies  to discredit the witness' account as false.

According your argument, the lawyer has no right at all to reference or quote the testimony because he disbelieves  it or is a 'doubter'?? You are a dunce!

Again i ask, did you go to school at all??
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Romeo4real(m): 5:40pm On Jul 09, 2010
Very boring drama.
Totally agree!
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by ITbomb(m): 6:03pm On Jul 09, 2010
This gives an insight into the unseen world that you atheists are ignorant about. Let us consider the following Bible verses.

"Then a spirit came forward and stood before the LORD" 2 Chronicles 18:20.

We also have a parallel in the book of Job as Noetic16 narrated;

"when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD." Job 1:6

So, both the holy angels and the fallen angels, including Satan, were there in God’s presence.

The host of heaven apparently includes both God’s ministering spirits and the lying spirits.

"standing on his right hand and on his left" 2 Chronicles 18:18

The burning question raised by mazaje and the gang is why the Almighty God would send a lying spirit to deceive the king of Israel?

We should note the fact that, satan and his host can only carry out their evil agenda as much as God allows them to do so. Another example that would buttress this point is that of Pharaoh, who hardened his heart against the will of God and God eventually allowed an evil spirit to lead him to his own waterloo, which explains the verse e36991 was quoting earlier.

It is more appropriate for God to permit one of satan's lying spirits to carry out His mission than to send one of His holy angels.

I'm a born again christian but it is always sad when we respond to issues rather extremely emotional.
Although I was caught unaware by this one (I rather respond more to gospel-new testament-issues) but I think the best post is the above by OLAADEGBU
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Tudor6(f): 2:03pm On Jul 10, 2010
Romeo4real:

Totally agree!
Ironic coming from a loudmouth pig who loves to spew tactless statements
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by tpiah: 2:49pm On Jul 10, 2010
Tudór:

see am

[img]http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/05/17/l_rampage17_narrowweb__300x428,0.jpg[/img]
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by jesus3: 2:57pm On Jul 10, 2010
Its fast becoming a trend on nairaland these days for threads to be filled with insults, abuses and strong words exchanged as if theres something at stake. Whereas its a forum and not a competition that every side of the divide is striving for the top position.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by jesus3: 3:04pm On Jul 10, 2010
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Romeo4real(m): 10:31pm On Jul 10, 2010
Even when a post has nothing to do with you, you still spew out filth. A shameful excuse of the female specie! I would have said i feel sorry for the fool who would have put you in his house, but i know that CANNOT the case. NO man would be that foolish. Or mad. Or both!
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Tudor6(f): 2:50am On Jul 11, 2010
Romeo4real:

Even when a post has nothing to do with you, you still spew out filth. A shameful excuse of the female specie! I would have said i feel sorry for the fool who would have put you in his house, but i know that CANNOT the case. NO man would be that foolish. Or mad. Or both!
ahhh I see. . . You are one of the fools who think women are commodities you 'put in the house'.

Your mother might have been bought for a cup of palm wine and 'put in his your' fathers house a willing se,x slave for him and his friends, but sorry not all people behave in such perverted way.

Its no suprise to me you are a misorginistic basterd. . . .it figures
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Romeo4real(m): 12:59pm On Jul 11, 2010
ahhh I see. . . You are one of the fools who think women are commodities you 'put in the house'.

Your mother might have been bought for a cup of palm wine and 'put in his your' fathers house a willing se,x slave for him and his friends, but sorry not all people behave in such perverted way.

Its no suprise to me you are a misorginistic basterd. . . .it figures
It seems i touched a raw nerve, or two! Its always nice when people vindicate your opinion of them - as you have shown by your statement above.

NB: Its "misogynistic" and the other word has an "a" after the "t" - Do learn to spell "big" words before attempting to use them! This coming from someone who was asking earlier if i went to school!
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Tudor6(f): 3:30pm On Jul 11, 2010
Romeo4real:

It seems i touched a raw nerve, or two! Its always nice when people vindicate your opinion of them - as you have shown by your statement above.

NB: Its "misogynistic" and the other word has an "a" after the "t" - Do learn to spell "big" words before attempting to use them! This coming from someone who was asking earlier if i went to school!
What is this?? Is this your way of confirming you are a perverted sexist? My heart goes out to your mother
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by mazaje(m): 11:56pm On Jul 17, 2010
Romeo4real:

If you can reason logically(which you obviously cant), then you will be able to see the fallacy in using something you claim to be false, to prove that which you claim to be true.

You can use peoples false assertions to show that their assertions are false, no? And you talk about reasoning logically as if you have any idea of what logic means. . . .  .

Can you please then enlighten us from whence your idea of God came from - oh i forgot, you say you are an atheist, but you believe there is a "God",or "many Gods", or "Oneness of Infinity", or whatever, and its definitely not the God of the Bible. How very confused.

Are you high on cow dung? Me believe that there are Gods that exist? Since when did I tel you that I believe in the existence of any God, You call me an atheist and claim I believe in the existence of Gods?. . .grin grin. . . .Of course Gods exist in stories and in the minds of people that believe in the stories and myths no?. . . .Talking about being confused.  .

Point is Mazaje, if these "acts of lying" as you put it were not in the Bible, would you still believe in it? NO. So quit yapping on about it. It matters not much.

Shut up, you guys go about claiming that your own God is the ultimate source of morality and when we look into his alleged book or words we see him displaying that he has no idea of what morality is talk more of being the ultimate source of morality. . . .
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by logic1: 7:12am On Nov 16, 2010
This is going to be hard,
2Ch And Micai'ah said, "Therefore hear the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing on his right hand and on his left;
2Ch 18:19 and the LORD said, 'Who will entice Ahab the king of Israel, that he may go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead?' And one said one thing, and another said another.
2Ch 18:20 Then a spirit came forward and stood before the LORD, saying, 'I will entice him.' And the LORD said to him, 'By what means?'
2Ch 18:21 And he said, 'I will go forth, and will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.' And he said, 'You are to entice him, and you shall succeed; go forth and do so.'
2Ch 18:22 Now therefore behold, the LORD has put a lying spirit in the mouth of these your prophets; the LORD has spoken evil concerning you."

1. The above is as can be seen the interpretation of an heavenly event by a man. Note that this is a biographical account of some sorts.
2. YHWH is not a liar because even though he allowed the lying spirit He still made sure that the recipient of the information from the lying spirit heard the truth from a true prophet.
3. The lying spirit as can be deduced from the passage was not one of God's angels.
4. Many times when the King james Version translates something as God did this or that, it really means God allowed this or that.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Rhino4dm: 7:39am On Nov 16, 2010
^^ those verses were very clear so no need to suger coat them. it was evidently clear that yhwh was consorting with lying angels to cause and do harm which can be translated as crime or why should it different? ? Crime is a crime.
So let me get you proper, is all good if i use armed gangs to killed people which i perceived to be my enemies abi? They should all do thier terms in reputable jail hell fire period!
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by logic1: 7:46am On Nov 16, 2010
^^ those verses were very clear so no need to suger coat them. it was evidently clear that yhwh was consorting with lying angels to cause and do harm which can be translated as crime or why should it different? ? Crime is a crime.
So let me get you proper, is all good if i use armed gangs to killed people which i perceived to be my enemies abi? They should all do thier terms in reputable jail hell fire period!

I don't think the above was directed at me but if it was then please explain your assertions.

It should be noted that God is not a human being therefore He can do SOME things that we are not allowed to do.
It is well within God's rights to kill a human being since He created the human being whereas it is wrong for a human being to kill as we did not create anyone.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by logic1: 8:05am On Nov 16, 2010
JER 4:10 - Then I said, "Ah, Sovereign LORD, how completely you have deceived this people and Jerusalem by saying, 'You will have peace,' when the sword is at our throats."

JER 20:7 - O LORD, you deceived me, and I was deceived you overpowered me and prevailed. I am ridiculed all day long; everyone mocks me.

These are the lamentations of a weary prophet.
There are times in life when everything seems to be going bad. During those times people lament and when they lament they say things like what jeremiah was saying above. This is a "perfectly human" reaction but does not mean that God actually deceived him.
If Jeremiah found out that God really deceived him the question is why didn't he quit being God's prophet?
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by logic1: 8:08am On Nov 16, 2010
EZ 14:9 - "'And if the prophet is enticed to utter a prophecy, I the LORD have enticed that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand against him and destroy him from among my people Israel.

you have to understand the tone of the verse to really get its meaning as we don't speak King James English anymore.
A more contemporary translation is as follows:

(Eze 14:9 MSG) "'If a prophet is deceived and tells these idolaters the lies they want to hear, I, GOD, get blamed for those lies. He won't get by with it. I'll grab him by the scruff of the neck and get him out of there.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by logic1: 8:14am On Nov 16, 2010

The above is fallacious and very misleading.
(Isa 37:6 MSG) Isaiah said, "Tell your master this: 'GOD's Message: Don't be upset by what you've heard, all those words the servants of the Assyrian king have used to mock me.

(Isa 37:7 MSG) I personally will take care of him. I'll arrange it so that he'll get a rumor of bad news back home and rush home to take care of it. And he'll die there. Killed--a violent death.'"

How is God lying here? Note that everything is a rumor until it is verified therefore the fact that something is a rumor does not mean it is a lie.
The king in the passage would only have confirmed the truth of the rumors when he got home.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

"What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" / FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion / Actress Eucheria Disgrace Pastor Ituah Ighadalo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.