Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Yahweh And His Lying Angels. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Yahweh And His Lying Angels. (13394 Views)

Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) / Yahweh And Freewill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by InesQor(m): 2:57pm On Apr 23, 2010
@mazaje1: Thanks a lot. Now I dont even know what to say about your compliments, but thanks! smiley

In the mavenbox days, I once likened God's operations to the strategy of an ultimate chessmaster that can analyze his moves and that of his opponent to a depth of infinity. If you play chess, you will know that sometimes you have to make a gambit, a sacrifice of your precious Queen, a move that makes it look like the opponent has won, only to announce a forced checkmate and you win. A nice example is the crucifixion of Christ. If the devil had known what God was really up to, things wont have gone down that way though God's purposes will still be achieved by another means.

Here concerning Ahab, God declared what he was going to do. He had known the end from the beginning but if that lying spirit had not volunteered to go and deceive the prophets, God's aims would still have been achieved by another means. note that there were many entities in that gathering, some said this and others said something else. I see this as an indication that there are many paths that could have been followed even if the lying spirit never spoke up. There are many ways to carry out a checkmate when you are billions of decision nodes ahead of your opponent.

And thats why I said the freewill of freewilled agents and the programmed decisions of light entities and dark entities ARE ALL in subjection to God's absolute truth.

Its like We're only staring at a bright red pixel on an infinite canvas while the artist has the complete view.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by DeepSight(m): 3:11pm On Apr 23, 2010
^^^ You are deceiveing yourself: your analysis does not add up or make any sense - not even in the least.

You shoot yourself in the foot when you state that there are billions of ways to deliver a particular result - because that simply shows that Yahweh of course could have employed many different ways to deal with the Ahab issue - when then did he have to chose the dirty method of conspiring with demons and propagation of deliberate falsehood? ? ?

You guys simply have no conception of one word that is all important in spiritual matters -

TRUTH.

Why are you so obsessed with this ancient semitic pagan deity called Yahweh? ? ?
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by richjohn1(m): 3:47pm On Apr 23, 2010
Its so clear that xtians are dishonest, its rather unfortunate, whats 'blaphemy'? what is 'judgement'? all these words were created to instill fear. they have time to respond and defend with baseless senseless arguments that holds on water for their yahweh but cannot explain this https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-434136.0.html
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by InesQor(m): 3:57pm On Apr 23, 2010
@Deep Sight: You're entitled to your opinions. Please stop persistently dogging me on Nairaland threads, I have no intentions to pursue useless disceptations with you.

@Rich_John: I don't believe it's the place of any Christian, or any other person for that matter, to tell WHY God does, or allows, what he does. My 2 cents.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:30pm On Apr 23, 2010
This reminds me of the timeless Words of Jesus Christ our Saviour and Lord, saying:

"Give not that which is holy to the dogs, neither cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you." -- Matthew 7:6
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by InesQor(m): 4:42pm On Apr 23, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

This reminds me of the timeless Words of Jesus Christ our Saviour and Lord, saying:

"Give not that which is holy to the dogs, neither cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you." -- Matthew 7:6
Thanks for that, bro smiley
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:55pm On Apr 23, 2010
InesQor:

You are welcome, anytime.  We should not forget to give sincere seekers answers when they ask us the reason of our hope.

Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by jagunlabi(m): 5:00pm On Apr 23, 2010
InesQor:

@Deep Sight: You're entitled to your opinions. Please stop persistently dogging me on Nairaland threads, I have no intentions to pursue useless disceptations with you.

@Rich_John: I don't believe it's the place of any Christian, or any other person for that matter, to tell WHY God does, or allows, what he does. My 2 cents.
OLAADEGBU:

InesQor:

I really do pity these guys, really. If only yahweh was just a tiny wee bit nicer during his "fun" days, then it wouldn't be so dificult to defend him.

Now, here is jagunlabi's wager;

What if you died and discover that yahweh lied about heaven being his home, since he has already proved himself to be a bleeping lier? What if his real home is in hell and he is taking his "chosen" people there to continue kissing his butt for eternity? shocked

If you have believed in yahweh all your life and worshipped him, you follow him to hell. But if you did not worship him and consider him as a false god, then you go in the other direction. So decide now, the choice is yours. grin
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Image123(m): 5:49pm On Apr 23, 2010
^
You should talk with some common sense.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by jagunlabi(m): 6:04pm On Apr 23, 2010
Image123:

^
You should talk with some common sense.
There is more than enough commonsense in my post, image. You probably refuse to see it. t is all good.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Image123(m): 7:06pm On Apr 23, 2010
more than enough commonsense and only you can see it?
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Mudley313: 7:46pm On Apr 23, 2010
yahweh is a jewish deity. . . i wonder why a nigerian would go all out to defend a jewish deity; a lying genocidal one at dat. . .kolomentality
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Image123(m): 9:12pm On Apr 23, 2010
@mazaje and his cohorts
One thing you should bear in mind, as unbelievers, you have no capacity to receive spiritual things AND you do not know God. Why not allow those who know Him the privilege of trying to showing Him to you?
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Image123(m): 9:28pm On Apr 23, 2010
As you sit as judge to weigh God's actions, would you not be fair to consider all the evidence/exhibit tendered? Would you not be just enough to allow the accused to speak for Himself or be fully spoken for before passing judgement?
God's exhibit is His Word, the whole Bible. It needs to be considered in totality before sound judgement is rendered. You have ignored scripture parts whichsay God owns all things (heaven, earth, angel, devil, good, evil etc).
I know you consider it unfair that God will allow you live 'your own' life as you please. Yet you consider it fair to judge Him for using His own things as He pleases.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Image123(m): 9:39pm On Apr 23, 2010
Take for instance, you have a shirt that got torn or old, or you prepared food and it got burnt or spoilt. It's yours isn't it? You've got the right to trash it as you please. You could burn the shirt, you could mend it, you could give it out, you could convert it to a 'night wear', you could make it a rag in the room, or kitchen, or toilet.
It sounds ridiculous for someone or worse still a cloth to tell you that you're wrong on the shirt's use. It may have served you. You used it in your promotion interview, or to woo some girl or something cute. You bought it expensive, it's made in bla and customized ble. Now, someone challenges you that you said the cloth is bad and you're still using it, or that you gave it to a less privileged fellow human.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Image123(m): 9:45pm On Apr 23, 2010
Anyhow this analogy sounds, that's kinda how you sound.
God owns and created the earth, the angels(both the good and the now bad ones), Ahab, the prophets, the devil. He owns all things. He can do whatsoever He pleases. It is His. But to come again to the human level, to put myself in your shoe 'unfortunately'. Has He really been unfair? We'll look at the Bible a little bit again.
Later, I have to go for now.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 10:05pm On Apr 23, 2010
mazaje1:

Sorry if I insulted you in any way too. . .I am willing and ready to accept whatever the outcome if my beliefs are wrong . . .
tank u dear.bt pls if i find favour in ur sight,can u pls read noetic post right frm d begin.pls mazaje,i want u 2 read in line wit love&a balance hrt.pls dont turn down my request.u won my arrogance wit ur statement.xpectin ur reply
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 10:24pm On Apr 23, 2010
i tink there is a kind of dialogue btw u and noetic pls dont count somtin dat may annoy u there.av read through ur post and i tink u ar confuse dat y u ask d que,dat wat wi call wisdom.bt can u check all inesQor post too,i tink he was able 2 xplain somtin.mazaje,pls,pls,i knw u mayb angry wit me nw.bt just do this 4 me and pls let's discus.i b waitin 4 ur response dear.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by bawomolo(m): 12:01am On Apr 24, 2010
the VINCLEAR GANG? (Viaro? Inesqor? Nuclearboy)

lol how do i join this gang.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Mudley313: 12:46am On Apr 24, 2010
As you sit as judge to weigh God's actions, would you not be fair to consider all the evidence/exhibit tendered? Would you not be just enough to[b] allow the accused to speak for Himself [/b] or be fully spoken for before passing judgement?

@ bolded. would love to, but unfortunately it seem the accused is incapacitated, dumb n deaf mute n just cant seem to speak for Himself

God's exhibit is His Word, the whole Bible. It needs to be considered in totality before sound judgement is rendered. You have ignored scripture parts whichsay God owns all things (heaven, earth, angel, devil, good, evil etc).

@ bolded. since wen did the writings of ancient jewish men become god's word? or do u believe too dat the koran is god's word as well just cos sum ancient arabian claims it is?
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by jagunlabi(m): 6:22am On Apr 24, 2010
Image123:

more than enough commonsense and only you can see it?
Forget not, image, that we are discussing religion here, where there is never any generous amount of common sense, especially in the christian religion. so, if my posts do appear to be devoid of common sense, that's because i am discussing your god and your religion. grin
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by jagunlabi(m): 6:31am On Apr 24, 2010
Now, does all these posts of yours have any ounce of common sense, or are you just in a flight of fantasy that only you enjoy?

Image123:

As you sit as judge to weigh God's actions, would you not be fair to consider all the evidence/exhibit tendered? Would you not be just enough to allow the accused to speak for Himself or be fully spoken for before passing judgement?
I know you consider it unfair that God will allow you live 'your own' life as you please. Yet you consider it fair to judge Him for using His own things as He pleases.
What pathetic excuses for a butchering lier of a deity. You should be ashamed of yourself. If allah were in yahweh's shoes, you would not be bending so far backwards to defend him. As a matter of fact, you would have been here raining abuses on him! Bigotry at it's highest.

Image123:

Take for instance, you have a shirt that got torn or old, or you prepared food and it got burnt or spoilt. It's yours isn't it? You've got the right to trash it as you please. You could burn the shirt, you could mend it, you could give it out, you could convert it to a 'night wear', you could make it a rag in the room, or kitchen, or toilet.
It sounds ridiculous for someone or worse still a cloth to tell you that you're wrong on the shirt's use. It may have served you. You used it in your promotion interview, or to woo some girl or something cute. You bought it expensive, it's made in bla and customized ble. Now, someone challenges you that you said the cloth is bad and you're still using it, or that you gave it to a less privileged fellow human.
Just listen to yourself. And here i am thinking that "perfect" beings like yahweh always get it right the first time. What a putrid analogy.

Image123:

Anyhow this analogy sounds, that's kinda how you sound.
God owns and created the earth, the angels(both the good and the now bad ones), Ahab, the prophets, the devil. He owns all things. He can do whatsoever He pleases. It is His. But to come again to the human level, to put myself in your shoe 'unfortunately'. Has He really been unfair? We'll look at the Bible a little bit again.
Later, I have to go for now.
So, might is right, right? Should that be the proper characteristics and personality of a supposedly omnibenevolent deity? NOT!
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by mazaje1: 4:35pm On Apr 24, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

What exactly is "holy" in a book that says the deity a deity it claims is all good and just consorts with his angels to tell lies. . . . .If this passage were found in the koran you will be all over the place telling the moslems what a liar their deity is. . . .Now that it is your own deity that is found lying to people you are all over the place throwing one meaningless bible verse after the other. . . . . grin grin. . . . .

Image123:

@mazaje and his cohorts
One thing you should bear in mind, as unbelievers, you have no capacity to receive spiritual things AND you do not know God. Why not allow those who know Him the privilege of trying to showing Him to you?

I used to be like you because I was once under the christian bubble of delusion. . . .I used to excuse these verses and try to explain them away with answers that do not even make sense even to me back in the days when I was a christian. . . .If the verse were in the koran you will SEE it exactly for what it is and denounce allah and his angels as lairs. . . . .There is nothing spiritual there. . .all i see is deluded people trying to hide the obvious even when it means lying to themselves. . . . .Keep on keeping on. . . .

AYODEJI4LOVE:

tank u dear.bt pls if i find favour in your sight,can u pls read noetic post right frm d begin.pls mazaje,i want u 2 read in line wit love&a balance hrt.pls dont turn down my request.u won my arrogance wit your statement.xpectin your reply

I read noetic's statement right from the begining, he was making statements that aren't found in the bible. . . . .Stay blessed brother. . . . wink grin
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by noetic16(m): 5:14pm On Apr 24, 2010
mazaje1:

I read noetic's statement right from the begining, he was making statements that aren't found in the bible. . . . .Stay blessed brother. . . . wink grin

Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Image123(m): 3:11am On Apr 25, 2010
@mudley313
Your posts are muddled up and lack decorum, please improve next term.

jagunlab
You need to start to preview/re-read before posting. This is not the jokes section, be serious with your life.

@mazaje
You used to be like me! Serious? I'll personally forgive you for you know not what you say. What's all this koran, koran talk? You want to discuss the koran, I'm sure you know their section.
It's a fact that unbelievers cannot discern spiritual things. That's why I'm trying to come to a level where you might reason with.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Mudley313: 4:38am On Apr 25, 2010
^^^go back n re-ready ur flurry of muddled up/nonsensical analogies in futile defence of ur god dat can never ever speak for himself/herelf/itself

Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 25, 2010
I[b] still dont believe Yahweh is Almighty God! that the God of the Isrealites is Almighty God[/b]. Isnt Lying a Sin? why would Almighty God approve of a lying Spirit to deceive a human, a powerless human in comparison to his Almighty Superiority - makes no sense even if you explain from now till 2012.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by ilosiwaju: 1:48pm On Apr 25, 2010
You can't catch a christian red-handed. Can you? When the debate gets tough, they either:
1. Get insultive.
2. Call it a mystery.
or become absolutely unreasonable like
Image123
Image123:

, be serious with your life.

@mazaje
You used to be like me! Serious? I'll personally forgive you for you know not what you say.
Wetin? E pass forum? Relax.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Image123(m): 3:24pm On Apr 25, 2010
^^
The guilty will usually feel himself a victim of the law. Someone killed his neighbour and the police killed him in return. One has legal backing(right), one is illegal(wrong).
Similar action, differing judgement, same jury.
Get used to it and stop being ilo gical.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Image123(m): 3:29pm On Apr 25, 2010
Mudley313, stop making your frustrations public. This is not the GENERAL hospital, ok?
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by nuclearboy(m): 4:09pm On Apr 25, 2010
I think the fault is with us who keep saying "God is good".

A judge is not good, or bad, if he follows the law to lay down a sentence! God has His laws which creation is subject to. A study will show that in talking to/about those who follow Him, He also calls Himself a "father". With established enemies, He is an "Avenger" etc etc. But asked directly to "define" Himself, He went "I AM THAT I AM"; NOT "good", "powerful" "wonderful" or whatever.

These words qualify but we're discussing the unqualifiable here. They define but God cannot be "defined". And so we shoot ourselves in the foot when we try to excuse God.

Mazaje has the right to say "God lied". He owns his tongue and fingers, doesn't he? And none should have quarreled over this because it was intended to mock. When he wants another's opinion, he will ask for it, then get it.

PS: @DeepMess of the VINCLEAR Gang "idea". I will write down your name as noisemaker and report you when the teacher gets back tongue
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by DeepSight(m): 5:13pm On Apr 25, 2010
InesQor:

Persistently dogging you? Oh please, I hope we are not reverting to the self-importance of the Mavenbox days?

Asking simple questions about your faith should not lead you to feel harassed or hounded. Unless of course you are not confident concerning the strength of the pillars and fundamental assumptions upon which that faith is built.

The undeniable fact which none of you can escape is that the passage in the OP very clearly conveys God conspiring and participating in a deliberate act of FALSEHOOD. You cannot escape by asserting that only God determines what is false - for the simple reason that within the passage God himself already acknowledges what he is doing to be an act of Falsehood. So there.

Now I positively assert to you as follows –

1. Almighty God, the creator of all that exists, is absolute Truth.

2. Almighty God is also asserted to be omnipotent.

3. Thus in the event that Almighty God wanted to bring about a specific outcome in Ahab’s case, by virtue of his omnipotence
he could have done so in a zillion different imaginable ways.

4. Accordingly he needn’t have chosen to deliver the preferred result by resorting to deliberate lies and conspiracies with demons.

5. The act stated in (4) above is impossible and inconceivable for God to do – because God is absolute truth.

6. It thus follows directly from (5) above that the entity recorded to have done that act was NOT Almighty God – who knows only TRUTH.

7. Following from (6) above the entity called Yahweh described in the bible is NOT GOD, but a local pagan Semitic deity.

8. The conclusion is obvious – your religion is no different from the thousands of pagan religions worshipping imaginary local idols – which is what Yahweh is.

9. Come to think about it, lying and consorting with demons is a well known attribute of such pagan gods.

The foregoing is iron – cast logic which I challenge you to refute.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

"What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" / FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion / Actress Eucheria Disgrace Pastor Ituah Ighadalo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.