Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,842 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Igbo Inferiority Complex - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Inferiority Complex (1413 Views)

An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex / Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta / We Just Destroyed Our Brother With Inferiority Complex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Inferiority Complex by Markfemi: 4:46am On Feb 13, 2018
When a Anambra & imo enforced Igbo laws no Yoruba died but suddenly it’s likr igbos have lost their breath once lagos passed the laws
I think the law should extend to all Yoruba speaking states also Yoruba private universities
Let the naysayers go and develop their land

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Inferiority Complex by ODVanguard: 5:03am On Feb 13, 2018
Markfemi:
When a Anambra & imo enforced Igbo laws no Yoruba died but suddenly it’s likr igbos have lost their breath once lagos passed the laws
I think the law should extend to all Yoruba speaking states also Yoruba private universities

Na their way. Yoruba people no give a flipping fvck when they passed similar laws in their enclave. Anyway, they are just wasting their time.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Inferiority Complex by horsepower101: 5:11am On Feb 13, 2018
Yorubas need to be careful with pushing tribal agenda in a multicultural, multiethnic and diverse state such as Lagos. It could backfire in ways that they didn't expect.

The population of non Yorubas living in Lagos combined is greater then Yorubas.

As of now, most non yorubas stay away from Lagos politics but tribalistic laws can easily change that neutral attitude.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Inferiority Complex by fSociety: 5:28am On Feb 13, 2018
Lagos is no man's land. This agenda will fail woefully

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Inferiority Complex by kernel504(m): 5:30am On Feb 13, 2018
Markfemi:

Your undoing will be your obsession for the Igbos.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Inferiority Complex by sekxyqueen(f): 5:34am On Feb 13, 2018
it's a greater advantage to ndi Igbo, ,how I wish the law was enforced when I did my primary school in lagos,,,

Igbos always excel in everything they do,,go to French speaking countries and see how Igbos are interpreting their languages ..talk less of Yoruba that is as easy as ABC..

for your information, my brother wrote Yoruba for Yoruba people during waec,,and many more

forget it, we are formidable! !

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Inferiority Complex by Kenzico(m): 5:43am On Feb 13, 2018
undecided

Even though we are promoting our languages and culture, Some tribes will perceive it as Tribalism
Re: Igbo Inferiority Complex by QuotaSystem: 5:46am On Feb 13, 2018
The passage of this law has made it clear and has put to rest the debate on who the owners of Lagos are.

Any other aggrieved "owner" should make the official usage and promotion of his own language law in Lagos.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Inferiority Complex by ODVanguard: 5:49am On Feb 13, 2018
Kenzico:
undecided

Even though we are promoting our languages and culture, Some Igbo tribe will perceive it as Tribalism

There. Fixed. Who cares?? Since when did Yorubas require their permission to preserve their mother tongue and culture in their own land? Did igbos ask Yoruba permission when passing similar laws in their own region?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Inferiority Complex by Kenzico(m): 5:58am On Feb 13, 2018
ODVanguard:

There. Fixed. Who cares?? Since when did Yorubas require their permission to preserve their mother tongue and culture in their own land? Did igbos ask Yoruba permission when passing similar laws in their own region?

Oya comot for here....Osiso!!!
Re: Igbo Inferiority Complex by ODVanguard: 6:07am On Feb 13, 2018
QuotaSystem:
The passage of this law has made it clear and has put to rest the debate on who the owners of Lagos are.

Any other aggrieved "owner" should make the official usage and promotion of his own language law in Lagos.

Lol. Don't mind those noisemakers. A similarly themed bill mandating the state assembly to conduct plenary every Thursday in Yoruba language was passed and enacted close to 2 years ago, and is already being implemented. The only flatron lawmaker in the house objected to its introduction but expectedly the remaining 39 sons of the soil had their way -- that is democracy at work.

We sabi how to handle them wella. First they will wail and make some noise but in the end they ALWAYS fall in line. Na their way.

They forget that Lagos has long ceased from being an FCT and consequently its full administrative control has reverted back into the hands of its natural and rightful owners.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Inferiority Complex by Nobody: 6:31am On Feb 13, 2018
horsepower101:
Yorubas need to be careful with pushing tribal agenda in a multicultural, multiethnic and diverse state such as Lagos. It could backfire in ways that they didn't expect.

As of now, most non yorubas stay away from Lagos politics but tribalistic laws can easily change that neutral attitude.

How? When yorubas make up at least 75% if not 80% of Lagos population. You igbos make up less than 15% so stop the deceit. You can lie to make yourselves feel good but lie with common sense. People know the truth. It is only Igbo that are trying so hard to claim what they are not in Lagos.

Markfemi:
I am seriously praying for this to happen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Inferiority Complex by ZombieBuster: 7:47am On Feb 13, 2018
For the op to compare Lagos with IMO and co shows that he lacks proper understanding of the issues at hand

Lagos is a cosmopolitan city
It's the most commercial city in West Africa
Such laws should not be encouraged
You will be amazed by the number of non yorubas in Lagos
Re: Igbo Inferiority Complex by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 13, 2018
ZombieBuster:
For the op to compare Lagos with IMO and co shows that he lacks proper understanding of the issues at hand

Lagos is a cosmopolitan city
It's the most commercial city in West Africa
Such laws should not be encouraged
You will be amazed by the number of non yorubas in Lagos
The number of non-yorubas that equals less than 30%?
Even if there was a referendum your so-called non-yorubas do not stand the tiniest chance.
It is not by force to school or even live in the west.
Re: Igbo Inferiority Complex by Markfemi: 8:45am On Feb 13, 2018
horsepower101:

Another bureau of statistics by ipob

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Inferiority Complex by Markfemi: 8:45am On Feb 13, 2018
fSociety:
Lagos is no man's land. This agenda will fail woefully

It has already been passed as law sorry

1 Like

Re: Igbo Inferiority Complex by DocHMD: 9:10am On Feb 13, 2018
Markfemi:

The language law only affects state owned schools like lasu and laspotech but Federal school and private universities are unaffected.
Re: Igbo Inferiority Complex by DocHMD: 9:13am On Feb 13, 2018
Much ado about nothing really...
Re: Igbo Inferiority Complex by ZombieBuster: 9:17am On Feb 13, 2018
td2tnkstr:

The number of non-yorubas that equals less than 30%?
Even if there was a referendum your so-called non-yorubas do not stand the tiniest chance.
It is not by force to school or even live in the west.

You don't even stay in Lagos
If you do... You wouldn't spew that 30%trash
Only the number of Benin Republic citizens in Lagos will amaze you
Re: Igbo Inferiority Complex by USAbabe(f): 9:37am On Feb 13, 2018
sekxyqueen:
it's a greater advantage to ndi Igbo, ,how I wish the law was enforced when I did my primary school in lagos,,,

Igbos always excel in everything they do,,go to French speaking countries and see how Igbos are interpreting their languages ..talk less of Yoruba that is as easy as ABC..

for your information, my brother wrote Yoruba for Yoruba people during waec,,and many more

forget it, we are formidable! !

i makwa ihe

unu emezina nzuzu

i di proud na nwanne nwoke dele asusu ndi ozo na weac ...gi we obi na ekwu ya na public ...ifere megbukwa unu bu ndi igbo

ndi nzuzu
Re: Igbo Inferiority Complex by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 13, 2018
ZombieBuster:

You don't even stay in Lagos
If you do... You wouldn't spew that 30%trash
Only the number of Benin Republic citizens in Lagos will amaze you
Mr know it all, the population of Benin republic is less than 11 million so even if 50% of their citizens relocated to Lagos (which is impossible) they would still be a minority. Except you are trying to say as others are moving to Lagos obviously in search of greener pastures, the yorubas are relocating out of Lagos which is foolishness. Stop arguing blindly. You can NEVET outnumber the original owners of the land.
I don't blame you, I blame Yorubas for accomodating every tom, dick and harry.
Re: Igbo Inferiority Complex by bakynes(m): 10:40am On Feb 13, 2018
I have one question for Igbos,put yourself in the shoes of Yorubas, will you be willing to let go of your ancestral land just because it is cosmopolitan, was a former capital? Answer these question in all sincerity.

God forbid if Lagos goes up in flames today, Everybody else will run away from Lagos including Igbos only the Yoruba's will be looking for water to quench the fire? Typical scenario was during the Abiola crisis the Aftermath of June 12,the Igbos ran back to the East until the peace was restored.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Inferiority Complex by ZombieBuster: 10:41am On Feb 13, 2018
td2tnkstr:

Mr know it all, the population of Benin republic is less than 11 million so even if 50% of their citizens relocated to Lagos (which is impossible) they would still be a minority. Except you are trying to say as others are moving to Lagos obviously in search of greener pastures, the yorubas are relocating out of Lagos which is foolishness. Stop arguing blindly. You can NEVET outnumber the original owners of the land.
I don't blame you, I blame Yorubas for accomodating every time, dick and harry.

And who told you that yorubas are the original owners of Lagos.... Tribalism will not allow you to learn

1 Like

Re: Igbo Inferiority Complex by bakynes(m): 10:46am On Feb 13, 2018
ZombieBuster:

And who told you that yorubas are the original owners of Lagos.... Tribalism will not allow you to learn
I know you want to argue, so who are the original owners of Lagos. Did Yoruba displace any other tribe to take over Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Inferiority Complex by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 13, 2018
ZombieBuster:

Pray, tell me the real owners. I'm sure it I the igbos grin grin
Your Bini fallacy has been busted over and over yet your false consolation lies in "Yoruba are not the original owners". Very funny! Now you dont want to argue population but ownership.
When we tell you to attend good schools, you will refuse. Now see your life. You seriously need to slap that useless history teacher of yours for misleading you out of foolishness and bitterness. Except your history teacher just wanted to make a big fool out of you in which case I say "well played".
Re: Igbo Inferiority Complex by anibirelawal(m): 12:50pm On Feb 13, 2018
EKO O NI BAJE O!
Re: Igbo Inferiority Complex by Nigeriabiafra80: 12:53pm On Feb 13, 2018
Just like an elephant complaining about inferiority complex to a tortoise

1 Like

Re: Igbo Inferiority Complex by markfem2: 1:02pm On Feb 13, 2018
Lagos belongs to all. It is not the exclusive preserve of the afonjas

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

"I Hope To Be Alive To See Biafra Again"- Ojukwu's ADC (pics) / US Lawyer Briefs Igbos In America, Offers Tips On How To Actualise Biafra / Fayemi Reacts To Olusola's Petition Against Ekiti Governorship Election Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.