Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,605 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

The Canal Along Alapere Through To Iyana Oworo Is Blocked Everywhere Is Flooded - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Canal Along Alapere Through To Iyana Oworo Is Blocked Everywhere Is Flooded (23379 Views)

Joe Igbokwe Leads His Team To Clean Mcgregor Canal, Obalende (Pictures) / Ambode Commissions Dualized Alapere Road (Photos) / PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Canal Along Alapere Through To Iyana Oworo Is Blocked Everywhere Is Flooded by Originalsly: 8:57pm On Feb 14, 2018
Is like people don't even try to help themselves anymore...not even to save their own lives. The effort to get up and get out is too great..... not even to go to the responsible office to confront the person in charge so action will be taken. It's soooo much easier to press buttons.... letter after letter tweet after tweet email after email....not even to hold meetings to discourage residents from dumping garbage in the canal. Community self help effort to clean the canal and avoid flooding? ......noooooooo!...somebody else must come and help! Funny people.

1 Like

Re: The Canal Along Alapere Through To Iyana Oworo Is Blocked Everywhere Is Flooded by Section1000: 9:05pm On Feb 14, 2018
OboOlora:
MegaCity
All for cheap likes

Re: The Canal Along Alapere Through To Iyana Oworo Is Blocked Everywhere Is Flooded by clemmonce(m): 9:33pm On Feb 14, 2018
Awoofawo:
When you na dey dump refuse in gutter and canal......you na no know say one day water go com meet you na for house abi....... abeg make all you na go get rake and shovel commot all the jagajaga inside canal next week Saturday.....
We have done our best... hired labourers they have done their but it needs government intervention. There is also a sabotage...farmers who uses the farm for farming along that Alapere estate road are sabotaging any effort coming from the government.
Re: The Canal Along Alapere Through To Iyana Oworo Is Blocked Everywhere Is Flooded by Horlufemi(m): 10:01pm On Feb 14, 2018
Obdk:
Lagos state HELL on EARTH.

suffering and smiling.

grin grin

Oga

You must think Lagos is just one hectare of land.
Re: The Canal Along Alapere Through To Iyana Oworo Is Blocked Everywhere Is Flooded by clemmonce(m): 10:06pm On Feb 14, 2018
I appreciate the mod for pushing this to front page. Thank you. Cc. @Lalasticlala
Re: The Canal Along Alapere Through To Iyana Oworo Is Blocked Everywhere Is Flooded by clemmonce(m): 10:13pm On Feb 14, 2018
Originalsly:
Is like people don't even try to help themselves anymore...not even to save their own lives. The effort to get up and get out is too great..... not even to go to the responsible office to confront the person in charge so action will be taken. It's soooo much easier to press buttons.... letter after letter tweet after tweet email after email....not even to hold meetings to discourage residents from dumping garbage in the canal. Community self help effort to clean the canal and avoid flooding? ......noooooooo!...somebody else must come and help! Funny people.
It is an accumulated problem.... The canal is a big one, we have hired labourers and they have done their best. Imagine a canal as big as the third mainland bridge Road now became blocked to the extent it is now as small a street gutter.... It is a big canal not a small.... we have done our best if not the situation would have been worse ...
Re: The Canal Along Alapere Through To Iyana Oworo Is Blocked Everywhere Is Flooded by gonkin(m): 10:15pm On Feb 14, 2018
Na to dey fly water like super Mario
Re: The Canal Along Alapere Through To Iyana Oworo Is Blocked Everywhere Is Flooded by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 14, 2018
Lord have mercy!! See disease infested enviroment where human beings dey live. I can't imagine the kind foul stench coming from that black stagnant water and the giant mosquitos.
Re: The Canal Along Alapere Through To Iyana Oworo Is Blocked Everywhere Is Flooded by thunderbabs: 10:53pm On Feb 14, 2018
Upon say rain never start. If rain con start nkor?

1 Like

Re: The Canal Along Alapere Through To Iyana Oworo Is Blocked Everywhere Is Flooded by ballerin(m): 11:57pm On Feb 14, 2018
OboOlora:
MegaCity
olobo, ur Toto looks good. i wanna bleep it, pls don't say no.
PMed
Re: The Canal Along Alapere Through To Iyana Oworo Is Blocked Everywhere Is Flooded by ogbeniolola: 12:04am On Feb 15, 2018
This is an eyesore! Ambode should take over this area and give the residents the "maroko" treatment!
Re: The Canal Along Alapere Through To Iyana Oworo Is Blocked Everywhere Is Flooded by nextstep(m): 12:37am On Feb 15, 2018
Who blocked the canal? No be residents? Throwing nylon bags, peels, rags anyhow.
As you see, numerous tweets and letters do not clear canals... only rakes and shovels.
OP should be appealing to the residents to come and clear their own rubbish grin grin
Re: The Canal Along Alapere Through To Iyana Oworo Is Blocked Everywhere Is Flooded by akigbemaru: 12:42am On Feb 15, 2018
clemmonce:
The Landlord Association of Oyesiku Street, Alapere is appealing to the Lagos State Ministry of Environment to come to our aid concerning the canal along Alapere Estate Road down to Iyana Oworo, the canal is blocked which lead to everywhere being flooded, properties are being destroyed due to the flooding. We have written countless of times to the ministry of environment about this issue but nothing has been done, We have sent numerous mails, tweets nothing has been done.
We are using this medium to appeal to the commissioner of environment and the ministry of environment to come to our aid before further destruction happens to life and properties.

For the Landlord Association of Oyesiku Street, Alapere, Lagos State.
Re: The Canal Along Alapere Through To Iyana Oworo Is Blocked Everywhere Is Flooded by talk2percy(m): 1:55am On Feb 15, 2018
No be Lagos again
Re: The Canal Along Alapere Through To Iyana Oworo Is Blocked Everywhere Is Flooded by Originalsly: 3:49am On Feb 15, 2018
clemmonce:
It is an accumulated problem.... The canal is a big one, we have hired labourers and they have done their best. Imagine a canal as big as the third mainland bridge Road now became blocked to the extent it is now as small a street gutter.... It is a big canal not a small.... we have done our best if not the situation would have been worse ...
I'm sure it didn't get soooo small overnight.
Re: The Canal Along Alapere Through To Iyana Oworo Is Blocked Everywhere Is Flooded by sheriph: 6:23am On Feb 15, 2018
Do not wait for the government to clear the canal for you. The residents caused the blockage with plastics and rubbish. ....... Lack of environmental awareness is the main problem.
Re: The Canal Along Alapere Through To Iyana Oworo Is Blocked Everywhere Is Flooded by Obdk: 8:49am On Feb 15, 2018
Horlufemi:

grin grin
Oga
You must think Lagos is just one hectare of land.
baba i kno every nook and cranny of lagos.
i ve supplied sharp sand and stone in Lagos
Re: The Canal Along Alapere Through To Iyana Oworo Is Blocked Everywhere Is Flooded by ekanDamie: 9:18am On Feb 15, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Dont tell me people are living here in a megacity
Slumps exist in all major cities of the world.
Mayb not as filthy as this but as a 3rd world country, this is our proud slump
Re: The Canal Along Alapere Through To Iyana Oworo Is Blocked Everywhere Is Flooded by Horlufemi(m): 8:27am On Feb 16, 2018
Obdk:

baba i kno every nook and cranny of lagos.

i ve supplied sharp sand and stone in Lagos

I feel you baba.

I dey swim inside water to get to my office jare. Wehdone
Re: The Canal Along Alapere Through To Iyana Oworo Is Blocked Everywhere Is Flooded by Horlufemi(m): 8:30am On Feb 16, 2018
AishaBuhari:
Hmmm! Still living like in the days of old - Retrogression at its peak

I hear that majority in Lagos don't have toilets and waste bins, hence the reason for the blockages.

That environment is no different from the image below

Heaps of Dirts in Lagos

https://www.nairaland.com/4343003/dirtier-lagos-heaps-refuse-everywhere

Ambode is also wailing..

I hear, I hear, I hear. The person you heard from probably lives in the slum near the canal under the bridge undecided

Nigeria is so full of educated illiterates
Re: The Canal Along Alapere Through To Iyana Oworo Is Blocked Everywhere Is Flooded by Nomsy2(f): 9:24pm On Nov 18, 2018
This is bad cry government should really help

(1) (2) (Reply)

Udensi: Governor Ikpeazu's Vacation In Turkey Display Of Insensitivity / Osun Election: Oyetola, Aregbesola Fought Each Other After Robbing Me - Adeleke / President Buhari Receives Indian Prime Minister, Muraleedharan In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.