Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition (22359 Views)

2019 Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship Test :::Verification of Winners:: / 2nd Edition Of The XFIRE Nairaland Scholarship Quiz-Final Test In Progress / Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship)- 2nd Edition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by xfire: 10:00am On Feb 14, 2018
I implore the aggrieved to please go back and read the criteria for selection for selection set by the coordinators. One of them was that candidates must have made at least a minimum of 6 posts prior to Jan 11, 2018 (date of commencement of the quiz).

I am sorry but 2 of the top candidates didn't meet that selection criterium. They shouldn't have been shortlisted in the first place. The quality of shortlisting is one of the areas I have identified for further improvement in subsequent editions. I regret any inconvenience. They will still be eligible next time.

xfire
Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by toxicbrain: 10:01am On Feb 14, 2018
sagaciousblog:
lol..Richiez can never spoil my day..Going to the Cinema grin The best is yet to come

I just wish I can, I am on industrial training and my boss wont let me step an inch...

The best is yet to come brother...
They are definitely looking for loopholes to justify my disqualification...lol
Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by Juggernauts: 10:03am On Feb 14, 2018
I swear i won't rest until the organisers tell everyone why they disqualified toxicbrain,let us all see if it's a genuine reason.
An injustice to one is an injustice all.
Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by mercytripletz: 10:06am On Feb 14, 2018
Juggernauts:
I swear i won't rest until the organisers tell everyone why they disqualified toxicbrain,let us all see if it's a genuine reason.

I just went to confirm.
Toxicbrain made 5posts before Jan 11.

Even still, we agree that Toxicbrain was not aware and that the shortlisting was whack..
Improve next time.
Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by Juggernauts: 10:10am On Feb 14, 2018
xfire:
I implore the aggrieved to please go back and read the criteria for selection for selection set by the coordinators. One of them was that candidates must have made at least a minimum of 6 posts prior to Jan 11, 2018 (date of commencement of the quiz).

I am sorry but 2 of the top candidates didn't meet that selection criterium. They shouldn't have been shortlisted in the first place. The quality of shortlisting is one of the areas I have identified for further improvement in subsequent editions. I regret any inconvenience. They will still be eligible next time.

xfire
no sir,you said jan 15 initially,you even posted it again yesterday

1 Like

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by sagaciousblog: 10:10am On Feb 14, 2018
Juggernauts:
Even if they tell us, they can't withdraw the awards again..The fault wasnt with the Chief Sponsor though but the Coordinator.. @ Xfire, There are a lot of other Nairalanders that would have done a better job than Richiez, though I know he might not be paid, but what is worth doing, is worth doing well. I have never seen someone who never smiles like him all my life..Coming up with strange rules isn't scholarliness but wickedness.

2 Likes

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by Odunharry(m): 10:11am On Feb 14, 2018
Juggernauts:
You want to know?
Click on toxicbrain profile, check his post and count the number of post he made before Application for this scholarship started come back and tell us how many
Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by Juggernauts: 10:13am On Feb 14, 2018
It was jan 15 they said and toxicbrain 6th post was the submission of his details so what else

1 Like

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by toxicbrain: 10:15am On Feb 14, 2018
The test really stressed me, sometimes I had to run off to a wifi spot minutes after my school exam just to meet up with log in time.....

you guys bent the law on the 60% initial pass mark, guess it didn't favor the people you wanted!
And finally, opportunity presents itself to deal with the guy who flawed every process...kudos gentlemen!

On the record congrats ALPHA....

2 Likes

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by toxicbrain: 10:21am On Feb 14, 2018
Odunharry:

You want to know?
Click on toxicbrain profile, check his post and count the number of post he made before Application for this scholarship started come back and tell us how many

The moment you guys bent the 60% pass mark rule, you lost every right to disqualify any candidate on basis of criteria.

8 Likes

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by sagaciousblog: 10:22am On Feb 14, 2018
toxicbrain:
The test really stressed me, sometimes I had to run off to a wifi spot minutes after my school exam just to meet up with log in time.....

you guys bent the law on the 60% initial pass mark, guess it didn't favor the people you wanted!
And finally, opportunity presents itself to deal with the guy who flawed every process...kudos gentlemen!

On the record congrats ALPHA....
I even had to subscribe to Mtn and Glo coupled with my Uniben WiFi subscription grin If it was even just the third test they used, then I wonder why they didn't contact Serhuss who had 75% in the third test..Make I sleep and mourn jor . my eyes go clear in the evening

8 Likes

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by agarawu23(m): 10:33am On Feb 14, 2018
dollyjoy:
I Scored 40/100. Pass mark was 45.
angry angry angry
Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by Juggernauts: 10:34am On Feb 14, 2018
xfire:
Now to the main activity….announcement of winners. It is gonna be a countdown

I will start with the 6th to 15th placed winners, followed by the 4th and 5th best winners. And then 3rd, 2nd……..and finally the overall winner!!!!

Please note that I insisted that the initial criteria for selection set by the coordinators be adhered to (must have registered before June 2017 and must have posted a minimum of 6 times prior to 15th January 2018). 2 candidates who initially made the top 15 cut were disqualified on my request to stick to the initial criteria. They shouldn't have been selected in the first place. Hopefully, we will improve on quality of our initial screening / shortlisting of candidates in subsequent editions.

In addition, one candidate was disqualified on account of dual identity (different persons using the same moniker), while another was disqualified because evidence shows he has more or less graduated.
pls see this

1 Like

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by sagaciousblog: 10:37am On Feb 14, 2018
Juggernauts:
pls see this
lol..Nothing can be done again.We all know the truth...Xfire has promised to improve on subsequent editions..let's move on.

1 Like

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by goddykiikpo(m): 10:38am On Feb 14, 2018
how was the exercise done, was it published cause i didn't know about it
Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by Juggernauts: 10:38am On Feb 14, 2018
Oga xfire said jan 15th before...now you people are saying jan 11th,why? Why the sudden change of date now?

1 Like

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by xfire: 10:38am On Feb 14, 2018
Juggernauts:
pls see this
That was an obvious typo error. Thanks for bringing that to my notice. Will edit my posts accordingly.

1 Like

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by IamGoke(m): 10:47am On Feb 14, 2018
Oga toxicbrain respect sir! Indeed you are good...

May I know the school you attend??
Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by Omofairy(f): 10:53am On Feb 14, 2018
xfire:
Countdown begins……

The 6th to 15th placed students:

And they are …..(please note where there are ties, we have used the average of the 1st and 2nd test to decide the ranking)

6th - Kenness (68.3%), UNIBEN

7th – Ifelove1 (68.3%), UI

8th – president2035 (68.3%), UNILAG

9th – Ayomide002 (66.7%), UNIBEN

10th – Whizbrain (66.7%), COOU

11th – Omofairy (66.7%), FUNAAB

12th – omadaa (66.7%), UNILAG

13th – Iamoriekaose (66.7%), UNIBEN

14th - OriginalKsp (66.7%), UNILAG

15th – Nltaliban (65%), UI

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

You have won N1,000 airtime / top-up of your choice……Well done!

Please PM me to get the airtime of your choice

Thank you Xfire for the opportunity.
Thank you Richie and odunharry.
God bless you all
Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by Omofairy(f): 10:56am On Feb 14, 2018
Dear Toxicbrain,

I once saw these wise words written somewhere.
“Nobody cares how much you know until they know how much you care”.
Peace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by toxicbrain: 11:00am On Feb 14, 2018
IamGoke:
Oga toxicbrain respect sir! Indeed you are good...

May I know the school you attend??

University of Ibadan brother
Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by Juggernauts: 11:18am On Feb 14, 2018
xfire:

That was an obvious typo error. Thanks for bringing that to my notice. Will edit my posts accordingly.
typo error boss... I laugh
Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by Juggernauts: 11:39am On Feb 14, 2018
xfire:

CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPATION:
Eligible participants must
1. Be a Nairaland Member with account registered not later than 30th June, 2017.
2. Have made at least 6 posts on Nairaland prior to the date of commencement of the quiz
3. Have never been placed on Ban by a Nairaland moderator in the education section.
4. Be a Nigerian undergraduate in any tertiary institution in Nigeria.
Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by Juggernauts: 11:41am On Feb 14, 2018
Juggernauts:
CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPATION:
Eligible participants must
1. Be a Nairaland Member with account registered not later than 30th June, 2017.
2. Have made at least 6 posts on Nairaland prior to the date of commencement of the quiz
3. Have never been placed on Ban by a Nairaland moderator in the education section.
4. Be a Nigerian undergraduate in any tertiary institution in Nigeria.
guys this was the criteria they posted on the initial thread and let me bring to your notice that the quiz commenced on the 23rd of January..... so what brought about 11th of January again?

1 Like

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by Juggernauts: 11:43am On Feb 14, 2018
I have checked through all the threads and I didn't see 11th of January anywhere.

why are you people like this?

Cc
xfire
odunharry
Richiez

1 Like

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by Umartins1(m): 11:43am On Feb 14, 2018
Success is not just about hard work, it also needs a bit of luck.

Luck is obviously behind the eventual winner of this exercise. A luck drawn from the lackeys and loopholes of the whole process.

Xfire, you and I know that this edition is flawed.

The problem in this world are the sycophants who will rather praise you for even worst of imperfections.

Xfire as a man is imperfect, generous, magnanimous and a lover of academic excellence. However, somehow, he surrounded himself with not so technical expertise.

Richiez may be brilliant from what I have seen him do on Nairaland, but brilliance and social manners are two different things. He likes to show off his intelligence excessively. Don't ask me how I know, I don't need spirits to tell me the second test was a making of Richeiz(which spoilt everything).

Xfire, well done, sir. You are a wonderful man. Improvement in subsequent editions is what I can clamour for.

This edition is FLAWED! You shouldn't have compromised transparency.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by Nltaliban(m): 11:47am On Feb 14, 2018
toxicbrain:

University of Ibadan brother

It's obvious. Only someone from the fountain head can be knowledgeable like you.
I hail you man, and look forward to meeting you when we resume
Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by jobbers: 11:59am On Feb 14, 2018
oh
Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by Nelsizzy(m): 12:14pm On Feb 14, 2018
grin grin grin
Guess I wasn't the only one.
Congrats Alphamaximus
Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by Nelsizzy(m): 12:15pm On Feb 14, 2018
sagaciousblog:
Firstly, Let me say that I'm highly disappointed at the way this competition went..It goes to show that the whole system is flawed and favoritism would never leave the apron of Nigeria ...I scored 74%, 80% and 78.3% respectively in the various tests and was contacted that I was among the top 15,, I bet not even the overall winner had that kind of score. Now I'm told that someone else posted with my moniker in 2016 and as such disqualified due to dual identity..Come on,this is 2018. I could have lied but I didn't..The blog added in the username was suppose to give you an hint that it was used to promote a blog ab initio.Besides, it wasn't even stated in the rules of engagement.This award was suppose to celebrate academic excellence. Well, it's your money though. your money, your rules. Kudos to Xfire for your philanthropic gesture but I must confess your guy disappointed a lot of us..After burning data and reading GMAT, He came up with strange rules. 100k isn't the end of the world.. Congrats to the winners, I'm out!
I respect you. Wow! Look at those scores

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Six Types Of Students You Will Meet In Medical School. / Only UNILAG Has Full Accreditation For Law In Nigeria / Meet Ibrahim Nuhu, ABU Zaria Overall Best Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.