Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,242 members, 7,836,156 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC (19130 Views)

FG Moves To End DSTV's Monopoly, Says Multichoice Is Cheating Nigerians / Okowa Commended For Leading Other South-south Govs To Establish Own Security Out / List Of 16 States Ready To Establish Cattle Colonies For Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by Caseless: 2:32pm On Feb 14, 2018
This is funny.
Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by Moukandjo: 2:37pm On Feb 14, 2018
nwakibie3:
Nice decision by Fayose. if FG can create EFCC to witch hunt oppositions then states can do that as well.

on this

Fayose 1 vs Buhari 1 grin grin
See how mumu IPIGs be? So what will be the effect of Ekiti EFCC? To prosecute Fayemi's administration which is probably the only government apart from the PDP that has ruled the state in recent times (I stand to be corrected)? Will that have any serious effect on the opposition in the state (APC) compared to what effect the federal EFCC would have if it wants to fully witch haunt the opposition (PDP)? When IPIGs are referred to as unintelligent, e go be like yab! See wetin dey amuse una now!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by Suko110(m): 2:45pm On Feb 14, 2018
Utter rubbish and which arm will they b coming from? Will they hav affiliation with d federal arm? If not its nonsense and federal govt can decide not to pay dem even if captured in budget. Dem never c anytin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by skytouch2(f): 2:46pm On Feb 14, 2018
Good one. I support this move. The federal efcc is bias at the moment if not why it is only PDP source of 2015 elections funds the commission investigated despite '' dolarization ' by amachie on bubu election? Why had efcc failed to question tinubu and other APC big thiefs? Why have they refused to investigate bubu WAEC certificate scandal?

Fayose ,ride on . you are very correct on this.
Please let the Ekiti EFFC be strong to arrest minister and head of parastals ,this way everyone will seat up and be upright. By now ,some buhari ministers and aids supposed to be cooling off in jail.

If federal EFcc have power on state / opposition, nothing stops state efcc from prosecuting federal govt agents too.
Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by KenOne: 2:49pm On Feb 14, 2018
Watch how those hailing Fayose for this act will be the one to criticise the the establishment of the state EFCC when Fayose leaves office. Then they will start crying that they are using it to witch hunt opposition without knowing that they spearheaded the establishment and using it to block Fayemi from contesting 2019. Just like PDP in Rivers state is shouting give us state police when they fail in 2019 election they will start shouting we don't need the state police APC is using it to hunt their enemies and opposition members. Like in 2014 to 2015 elections SARS and Joseph Mbu then commissioner of police in Rivers are professionals and knows their job. After the PDP lost power in 2015 at the federal level a new song was sang SARS are criminals and should be disbanded. Nigerians and hypocrisy are like Jacob Zuma and ANC.

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by DONSMITH123(m): 3:22pm On Feb 14, 2018
Treasonable charge loading....
Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 14, 2018
Yakson09:
medication for what?

Medication For ignorance.

If only you and your laughing friends knew what true federalism is all about, you would rather be crying because you just flagrantly showcased your ignorance.

You need new sets of informed friends.
Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 14, 2018
Suko110:
Utter rubbish and which arm will they b coming from? Will they hav affiliation with d federal arm? If not its nonsense and federal govt can decide not to pay dem even if captured in budget. Dem never c anytin

This is the type of ignorant comments that gives Credence to the assertions that Nigeria is indeed a shithole country peopled with lots of people that are either uninformed or educated but still exhibit crass ignorance.

Is it the FG that pays State House of assembly members? Is it the FG that pays state's civil servants?
Do state budgets go to the FG for approval?

Even if the FG lawlessly decides to withhold any state allocation's like obj did with Lagos State, I will advice you to go read up the supreme Court decision on that matter so you can be knowledgeable enough to make fact based comments on public forum.

Comments like the one above is one of the main reasons why Africa remains backward.

In a federal system of government, the federal government does not act as the senior prefect to state's.

Please, you guys should start making educative comments that's is both fact and knowledge based and not all these beer parlor comments that are influenced by one's subjective innuendos.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by VULCAN(m): 3:51pm On Feb 14, 2018
Which is how Buhari uses the security agencies so nothing new.

MrMcJay:
This is a very good steep and I applaud it.

I'll say people should pay careful attention to it. The proposed Commission would be run exactly the way State Police would be run.

My fear however is that it may be used to hound political enemies.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by Oladeleeleniyan(m): 3:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
aminu790:
Me n My friend just dey laugh at FAYOSE

lol,and we too here!
no be small things ooo,the guy is trying to dodge the judgement.... watch out!!

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by Charly68: 4:00pm On Feb 14, 2018
This executive cacophony gymnastic must stop
Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by Suko110(m): 4:20pm On Feb 14, 2018
byrron:

This is the type of ignorant comments that gives Credence to the assertions that Nigeria is indeed a shithole country peopled with lots of people that are either uninformed or educated but still exhibit crass ignorance.

Is it the FG that pays State House of assembly members? Is it the FG that pays state's civil servants?

Even if the FG lawlessly decides to withhold any state allocation's like obj did with Lagos State, I will advice you to go read up the supreme Court decision on that matter so you can be knowledgeable enough to make fact based comments on public forum.

Comments like the one above is one of the main reasons why Africa remains backward.

In a federal system of government, the federal government does not act as the senior prefect to state's.

Please, you guys should start making educative comments that's is both fact and knowledge based and not all these beer parlor comments that are influenced by one's subjective innuendos.
So after critically examining nigeria system of govt can u b bold to say we are practicing true federalism? Is the federal govt not acting as senior prefect to states? Forget what it should b and look at what it is. Thank u
Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by badesco(m): 4:20pm On Feb 14, 2018
The court pronouncements is victory for Gov. Fayose and people of ekiti state.
Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 14, 2018
byrron:

You have time. Over a thousand people have seen the typed rubbish and looked away.
Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by mommaJ(f): 5:03pm On Feb 14, 2018
GOOD DAY NAIRALANDERS.I M STILL HERE...DONT GIVE UP ON ME YET. https://www.nairaland.com/4312232/husbanda-good-man-help#64524181
Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by BlackMbakara1(m): 5:27pm On Feb 14, 2018
Ekiti state also need a state supreme court, Army, Navy, Airforce... inshort Ekiti should be a country of her own.
Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by BlackMbakara1(m): 5:28pm On Feb 14, 2018
byrron:

I support you, Ekiti state should have their own supreme court, Army, Navy, Airforce etc Afterall it's a federal system... grin
Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 14, 2018
BlackMbakara1:

I support you, Ekiti state should have their own supreme court, Army, Navy, Airforce etc Afterall it's a federal system... grin

Unfortunately for u, education has failed u.
You should have known what a residual, exclusive and a concurrent list involves in Federal system of government.
Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 14, 2018
angels09:

You have time. Over a thousand people have seen the typed rubbish and looked away.

Been looking away for too long, just couldn't ignore such trash this time around and besides, there are just too many ignorant kids in the block.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by BlackMbakara1(m): 6:11pm On Feb 14, 2018
byrron:

Unfortunately for u, education has failed u.
You should have known what a residual and a current list involves in Federal system of government.

Yes o it has really failed me but will not want to engage you too far since you know better which is "residual" and a "current list".

I will bring up this post when appeal court will throwaway that judgement.
Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 14, 2018
Suko110:

So after critically examining nigeria system of govt can u b bold to say we are practicing true federalism? Is the federal govt not acting as senior prefect to states? Forget what it should b and look at what it is. Thank u

It is time to discard what it is and start doing what it ought to be or better still discard federalism entirely if Nigeria can't practice it the way it should be.

I'm so perplexed to read about comments opposing States from excercising it's constitutional powers such as the proposal from Ekiti state.

This is a direct opposition to the entrenchment of true federalism yet this same people clamor for true federalism but abhors all the tenet's that gives room for it to be possible.

Are u saying that the state house of assembly is no longer constitutionally empowered to make laws for the good governance of their various state's?

Each state house of assembly has the constitutional authority to Set up any body/commission for any purposes it dims fit for the state so what's all the fuse all about if it is not flagrant display of ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 14, 2018
BlackMbakara1:

Yes o it has really failed me but will not want to engage you too far since you know better which is "residual" and a "current list".

While waiting for appeal court to follow your line of thoughts which is obviously a possibility because loads of shits happens in a shithole country, you can get your self busy with the supreme Court decided case of Lagos State vs federal government over the illegal withholding of it's monthly allocation's and read up what led to that.

By the time you are done reading up that case, the court of appeal would have given it's judgement in favor of Ekiti state house of assembly as legally vested with the powers to create such enabling acts for such a body to be created.

There are so many esterblished precedence and all you just need to do is read them up.
Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 14, 2018
BlackMbakara1:

I will be waiting.
Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by Ajalekoko76(m): 7:00pm On Feb 14, 2018
Good move by Ekiti House of assembly. God bless Fayose. This is how federal state should run. Not Lord and master relationship we are currently running.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by noyen(m): 7:33pm On Feb 14, 2018
there are somethings in d exclusive list efcc is one of them..
Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by stev120(m): 7:45pm On Feb 14, 2018
is there still (national ) efcc that don't have leader. ..is it magu who could not clear him self of corruption before national assembly. ..

since efcc have become apc hand tools to harass the opposition ekiti have decided to create its own efcc other states be wise. .oo
Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by stev120(m): 7:50pm On Feb 14, 2018
3Hopeblog:
Fool! in government. You still dey owe teachers yet you won increase workforce. How you go take pay them.

is it not the structure of Nigeria government that state must. .I repeat must be a parasite to the federal government and so your federal government is more foolish if it can't relieve her state of debt. ..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

West Africa Single Currency - A Journey To Nowhere? / 7 Still Missing As Bandits Ambush Police Officers In Kaduna / FG Kick-starts Resuscitation Of Ajaokuta Steel Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.