Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC (19112 Views)

FG Moves To End DSTV's Monopoly, Says Multichoice Is Cheating Nigerians / Okowa Commended For Leading Other South-south Govs To Establish Own Security Out / List Of 16 States Ready To Establish Cattle Colonies For Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by LocalChamp: 1:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
February 14, 2018 Josiah Oluwole

Stakeholders in Ekiti State on Tuesday made inputs in a bill seeking to establish the Ekiti State Economic and Financial Crimes Commission and called for its speedy passage.

The bill which is titled, Ekiti State Economic and Financial Crimes Commission(Establishment) Bill 2018, seeks to provide for the creation of a commission that will serve as a watch dog to financial administration in the state, investigate and prosecute corrupt financial crimes.

The bill is obviously inspired by a judgment of the Federal High Court in Ado-Ekiti, which declared that the EFCC lacked the powers to investigate the finances of states except a query first emanated from the Houses of Assembly of the states regarding such infractions.

The court also held that banks holding the financial records of states have no powers to make such records available to the EFCC or the police for the same reason.

At the public hearing, the Speaker of the House, Kola Oluwawole, said the essence of the public hearing was to ensure that every sector made inputs in the bill so that it could rightly be a law emanating from the people.

“The essence is to see the bill as one that touches every aspect of our lives as private or public entities, groups or individuals,” he said.

“Why Ekiti State Economic and Financial Crimes Commission? Overseeing of the financial status and how it is managed is the job of the House of Assembly, not only in Ekiti State, but also in all the 36 states of the federation.

“The federal EFCC has been harassing the states. That is why Ekiti went to court and thank God, we won. We want to set the pace in probity and accountability.”

The Chairman of the House Committee on Public Accounts, Ayodele Fajemilehin, in his remarks, said the law when enacted, would see the commission investigate all economic and financial crimes, including advance fee fraud, diversion of contract fees, abandonment of projects, among others.

Speakers at the hearing include the state chairman of council of traditional rulers, Oloye of Oyè Ekiti, Olú Ademolaju; the state Head of Service, Olugbenga Faseluka; the state Auditor General, Kayode Daniel; Auditor General For Local Government, Bayo Adeojo; Chief Registrar of the state Judiciary, Obafemi Fasanmi; private legal practitioners, representatives of security agencies and NGOs.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/258575-ekiti-moves-establish-efcc.html

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by LessNoise: 2:02pm On Feb 14, 2018
I don't know why i find this funny

7 Likes

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by aminu790(m): 2:07pm On Feb 14, 2018
Me n My friend just dey laugh at FAYOSE

24 Likes

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by new2012: 2:10pm On Feb 14, 2018
aminu790:

You and your friend need medications

115 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by LasGidiOwner: 2:10pm On Feb 14, 2018
Oshokomole ONE of Africa. cheesy

We support you on this. Bubu must be tried here for all the corruption charges against him. cool

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by PaChukwudi44(m): 2:11pm On Feb 14, 2018
aminu790:
if it is passed by the state HOA and assented by the state Governor,It will automatically become law

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by Josephjnr(m): 2:11pm On Feb 14, 2018
Interesting. Make I just dey observe.
Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by Putin1(m): 2:11pm On Feb 14, 2018
Lol
Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by pennywys(m): 2:12pm On Feb 14, 2018
Na dis one sure pass
Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by Yakson09: 2:12pm On Feb 14, 2018
new2012:

medication for what?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by castrol180(m): 2:12pm On Feb 14, 2018
Ah! Ah!! Ahhh!!! I laugh in Afao Ekiti voice...Ekiti EFCC, my foot.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by nwakibie3(m): 2:12pm On Feb 14, 2018
Nice decision by Fayose. if FG can create EFCC to witch hunt oppositions then states can do that as well.

on this

Fayose 1 vs Buhari 1 grin grin

27 Likes

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 14, 2018
Good move from the only reasonable politician from ofemm@nu Land..... shocked shocked shocked sad shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by pennywys(m): 2:13pm On Feb 14, 2018
aminu790:
you and your friends has faulty heads

28 Likes

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by lordraiden(m): 2:13pm On Feb 14, 2018
I weak for this one
Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by xudek: 2:14pm On Feb 14, 2018
LocalChamp:
February 14, 2018 Josiah Oluwole

Stakeholders in Ekiti State on Tuesday made inputs in a bill seeking to establish the Ekiti State Economic and Financial Crimes Commission and called for its speedy passage.

The bill which is titled, Ekiti State Economic and Financial Crimes Commission(Establishment) Bill 2018, seeks to provide for the creation of a commission that will serve as a watch dog to financial administration in the state, investigate and prosecute corrupt financial crimes.

The bill is obviously inspired by a judgment of the Federal High Court in Ado-Ekiti, which declared that the EFCC lacked the powers to investigate the finances of states except a query first emanated from the Houses of Assembly of the states regarding such infractions.

The court also held that banks holding the financial records of states have no powers to make such records available to the EFCC or the police for the same reason.

At the public hearing, the Speaker of the House, Kola Oluwawole, said the essence of the public hearing was to ensure that every sector made inputs in the bill so that it could rightly be a law emanating from the people.

“The essence is to see the bill as one that touches every aspect of our lives as private or public entities, groups or individuals,” he said.

“Why Ekiti State Economic and Financial Crimes Commission? Overseeing of the financial status and how it is managed is the job of the House of Assembly, not only in Ekiti State, but also in all the 36 states of the federation.

“The federal EFCC has been harassing the states. That is why Ekiti went to court and thank God, we won. We want to set the pace in probity and accountability.”

The Chairman of the House Committee on Public Accounts, Ayodele Fajemilehin, in his remarks, said the law when enacted, would see the commission investigate all economic and financial crimes, including advance fee fraud, diversion of contract fees, abandonment of projects, among others.

Speakers at the hearing include the state chairman of council of traditional rulers, Oloye of Oyè Ekiti, Olú Ademolaju; the state Head of Service, Olugbenga Faseluka; the state Auditor General, Kayode Daniel; Auditor General For Local Government, Bayo Adeojo; Chief Registrar of the state Judiciary, Obafemi Fasanmi; private legal practitioners, representatives of security agencies and NGOs.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/258575-ekiti-moves-establish-efcc.html

Lol
Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by aminu790(m): 2:14pm On Feb 14, 2018
pennywys:
you and your friends has faulty heads
Oh no. Sorry bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by berniceunice: 2:14pm On Feb 14, 2018
I think it's a good and bold step in right direction, although they will be control by the state executive.

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by Wishaky(f): 2:15pm On Feb 14, 2018
aminu790:

He guy nid help

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by MrMcJay(m): 2:15pm On Feb 14, 2018
This is a very good steep and I applaud it.

I'll say people should pay careful attention to it. The proposed Commission would be run exactly the way State Police would be run.

My fear however is that it may be used to hound political enemies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by koladebrainiac(m): 2:16pm On Feb 14, 2018
lol
Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by judecares1(m): 2:16pm On Feb 14, 2018
THE FEARLESS MAN,AM STRONGLY BEHIND YOU ON THIS

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by Johnhug66(m): 2:16pm On Feb 14, 2018
[color=#006600][/color] only if governors can be swiped, I for say make Lagos give us ambode and take this clown away just for a year.... I hope the so called efcc will have the power to prosecute him also cry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by 3Hopeblog(m): 2:16pm On Feb 14, 2018
Fool! in government. You still dey owe teachers yet you won increase workforce. How you go take pay them.

7 Likes

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by ZombieBuster: 2:17pm On Feb 14, 2018
Good one

I hope they can help magu and do his job by arresting buhari for reinstating yusuf and maina grin grin

Fayose on point

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by aminu790(m): 2:17pm On Feb 14, 2018
new2012:

of what? Tell me if its not you that need it

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by maestroferddi: 2:17pm On Feb 14, 2018
Oshokomole, Buhari's and APC nightmare...

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by datola: 2:17pm On Feb 14, 2018
Fayose sha.
Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by sekxyqueen(f): 2:17pm On Feb 14, 2018
the only person I respect in Yoruba land cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by Pavore9: 2:18pm On Feb 14, 2018
As per yahoo boys in Ekiti State, is it the State or Federal EFCC they will be hiding from? cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by hezy4real01(m): 2:18pm On Feb 14, 2018
Fayose no go kill person

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC by aminu790(m): 2:19pm On Feb 14, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

if it is passed by the state HOA and assented by the state Governor,It will automatically become law
Yeah, it is true, but na the name

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia / FG Budgets N336m To Fight Hate Speech And Fake News / Gbajabiamila, Nuhu Ribadu, Abike Dabiri-Erewa Visit Tinubu In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.