Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims (17033 Views)

Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar / Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus / Four UNN Students That Made First Class At The Nigerian Law School. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 14, 2018
Opinionated:

The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) has released a press statement in which it claims that the Management of the Nigerian Law School is provoking Muslims with its alleged insistence that Muslim ladies should not wear hijab to its customary dinner. Read the press release next:

NIGERIAN LAW SCHOOLS PROVOKING MUSLIMS

Although the dust is yet to settle on the call to bar hijab saga featuring Amasa Firdaus, the six Nigerian Law School campuses across the nation may not allow female Muslim students due for Bar Part II to wear their hijabs during the 2017/2018 First Term Law Dinner, which started yesterday, Wednesday, 13th February, 2018. The dinners will run till tomorrow, Thursday, 15th February, 2018.

The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) warns that any attempt to bar female Muslim law students who wish to use hijab from doing so is an infringement on Allah-given fundamental rights of those students as entrenched in Section 38 (i) & (ii) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Already, MURIC has received reports of a number of female Muslim law students at the Agbani, Enugu, Lagos and Abuja campuses who are allegedly being threatened with disciplinary measures should they use the Hijab at the Law Dinner.

We remind authorities of these Law School campuses of the provisions of Section 42 of the Nigerian Constitution which prohibits the placing of any citizen under any internally formulated restriction. We also call attention to Section 13 of the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act (1991) which forbids officials from taking any action “prejudicial to the rights of any person knowing that such act is unlawful or contrary to any government policy”
We affirm clearly, emphatically and unequivocally that whatever emanates from any circular in any Nigerian institution (the Law Schools included) must comply with the dictates of the Nigerian Constitution which is the font et origo of all laws, rules, regulations, provisions and directives in this country.

MURIC warns that certain campuses of the Nigerian Law Schools are deliberately precipitating crisis by stereotyping female Muslim students on the issue of hijab. Those who seek to play God in the lives of Nigerian Muslims are religious fanatics bent on intimidating, oppressing and persecuting Muslims.
This is a dangerous situation capable of snowballing into a religious crisis whose consequences no one can predict. The Qur’an affirms that oppression is worse than killing (Qur’an 2:191). This verse underlines the gravity of the hijab phenomenon. Female Muslims are being persecuted in order to give undue advantage to non-Muslims. It is religious apartheid. It is unacceptable. We will rather be free men in our graves than live like puppets and second class citizens.

Those who make rules and regulations impossible to obey make it impossible not to disobey. Law Schools where anti-Muslim dressing codes are issued in a multi-religious Nigeria do not belong to decent and accommodating communities of men and women.

While MURIC advocates non-violence in its interventions (based on its avowed motto, ‘Dialogue, Not Violence’), Nigerian Law Schools should not wait until radical and anti-dialogue elements hijack the initiative and start disrupting Law School Dinners. They may even do more. The fact that these anti-Muslim antics are not attempted anywhere in the core North suggests tactical conspiracy against Nigerian Muslims by authorities of those Law Schools where the profiling and persecution of Muslims have become the stock-in-trade.
Finally, we call on the Federal Government and the National Assembly (particularly the House of Representatives where the Amasa Firdaus case is still being investigated) to turn its attention to what is going on in the Law School Dinners across the country. Muslims are not being violent now but they are being persecuted. Those who fail to listen to the dialogue group may have cause to regret it sooner or later.

Professor Ishaq Akintola,
Director,
Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC)

source: http://www.opinions.ng/muric-nigerian-law-school-stop-provoking-muslims/

I blame Abraham for not controlling his dick
I blame Hagar for not aborting Ishmael
I blame Arabs for not assasinating PROPHET MUMUHAMED
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Adekdammy: 4:56pm On Feb 14, 2018
When will the govt arrest this man for hate speech?

1 Like

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 14, 2018
ShitHead:
MURIC. Is it a sex position?

Its an islamic manual you read as a female muslim b4 wrapping yourself with bombs and screaming ALLAHU AKBAR and blowing yourself up in a public place

2 Likes

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by mostyg(m): 5:06pm On Feb 14, 2018
We have a huge problem of hatred in this part of the world.
Let me analyse......

Sometime ago Muslim women stay indoor, some are in purdah , we cried they were been oppresseed....

Today, Muslim women are integrating into the society with their hijab, we are crying they should go for sharia law....

Tomorrow, Muslim women would be expert in sharia law, and of course sharia court would be established, and then sharia law would be used as part of governing law.

No matter the situation, the Muslim women win with their hijab.

So choose the one that you think would affect you less.

1 Like

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by NothingDoMe: 5:07pm On Feb 14, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
Why do xhristian fanatics like persecuting muslims?
Yet dey claim to love all
Hypocrites.
If Nigeria is partitioned muslims in the south will suffer unbelievable persecution in the hands of these hating bigoted christian extremists
That's the problem with you guys. You always feel persecuted. Everyone is free to follow their religion including those who worship wood and stone.

So the law school should allow it if a wood worshippers god require that he or she wear wood at all times? Can you imagine the chaos that will prevail in the law system?

If the southern Muslims have not suffered now they will not suffer later. How many southern Muslims have been killed as reprisals for what happens in the north? But if na una heads must roll even for events that happen outside Nigeria.

Rubbish.

4 Likes

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 14, 2018
They don't want to be oppressed but they can impose their law on u in Northern institutions, I pity them.

2 Likes

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 14, 2018
mostyg:
We have a huge problem of hatred in this part of the world.
Let me analyse......

Sometime ago Muslim women stay indoor, some are in purdah , we cried they were been oppresseed....

Today, Muslim women are integrating into the society with their hijab, we are crying they should go for sharia law....

Tomorrow, Muslim women would be expert in sharia law, and of course sharia court would be established, and then sharia law would be used as part of governing law.

No matter the situation, the Muslim women win with their hijab.

So choose the one that you think would affect you less.
So u now know that u guys are bunch of nuisance that u are issuing threat to us right?

3 Likes

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by FIDELITY24(m): 5:13pm On Feb 14, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
What standard?
wearing of hijab before being called to bar.

1 Like

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 14, 2018
Damsonkc:
In NYSC orientation camps in the core north, alcohol is not sold. We’ve not made noise about it or threatened to boycott NYSC or create problems for anyone. These lots must be thinking that they own Nigeria.
In d north, they can trample on ur right with their religion and u have to comply, but try half of it with them in d south and u will see threats 4rm a every corner.

3 Likes

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 14, 2018
SirHouloo:
If hijab is the problem, why not encourage female Muslims to study Sharia law instead of trying to break the law school rules.

You can't study only sharia law in Nigeria you must combine in order to make law school. Nigeria is on sharia law so y should sharia law be exclusively an option.
Get educated

1 Like

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by olayinka63: 5:22pm On Feb 14, 2018
Leave the Muslim females alone. Didn't they allowed those revealing their body? What baffle me is that the non Muslims will be shouting Islamisation, yet they are the one really tormenting Muslims. Isn't this clearly hypocrites? We have to stand to our rights as a Muslim. They openly tagged us as first class citizens in Nigeria through islamisation shouts but logically we're really second class citizen especially in the area of religious relationship in Nigeria
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by SirHouloo(m): 5:25pm On Feb 14, 2018
nurshah:

You can't study only sharia law in Nigeria you must combine in order to make law school. Nigeria is on sharia law so y should sharia law be exclusively an option.
Get educated
Will you pay the school fees?

2 Likes

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by olayinka63: 5:26pm On Feb 14, 2018
toyetade:
Law school is not for everyone but if you must go then you must respect the rules of the organisation including dressing
Leave the Muslim females alone. Didn't they allowed those revealing their body? What baffle me is that the non Muslims will be shouting Islamisation, yet they are the one really tormenting Muslims. Isn't this clearly hypocrites? We have to stand to our rights as a Muslim. They openly tagged us as first class citizens in Nigeria through islamisation shouts but logically we're really second class citizen especially in the area of religious relationship in Nigeria
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:32pm On Feb 14, 2018
FIDELITY24:
wearing of hijab before being called to bar.
And who set the no-hijab wearing standard if i may ask?

1 Like

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 14, 2018
SirHouloo:

Will you pay the school fees?

That will be a wasted investment. Stay cool darling.
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 14, 2018
Grayjoy:
In d north, they can trample on ur right with their religion and u have to comply, but try half of it with them in d south and u will see threats 4rm a every corner.

Simple : our laws are divine. Straight from heaven yours are man made.... You have no say we do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 14, 2018
nurshah:

Simple : our laws are divine. Straight from heaven yours are man made.... You have no say we do
Ur laws dat said criticize those f.uck in d public, but u can f.uck a 7yr old grl behind closed doors?
Ur laws 4rm heaven dat said do wat is evil and say Allah will 4gv me but slaughter those who engage in half of ur crimes?
Only laws 4rm an insane heaven will make u believe dat others don't have say.
Ur laws are crap and hypocritical, dat is why u lots are always r.e.tar.ds in everything.

4 Likes

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 14, 2018
Grayjoy:
Ur laws dat said criticize those f.uck in d public, but u can f.uck a 7yr old grl behind closed doors?
Ur laws 4rm heaven dat said do wat is evil and say Allah will 4gv me but slaughter those who engage in half of ur crimes?
Only laws 4rm an insane heaven will make u believe dat others don't have say.
Ur laws are crap and hypocritical, dat is why u lots are always r.e.tar.ds in everything.

My darling if this is how you reason clearly your it is very very low.. Forget religion I swear you are in trouble.
If you don't work on your self development you won't ever go beyond meagre salary

1 Like

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by VolvoS60(m): 5:46pm On Feb 14, 2018
nurshah:

^^^^

I have a question for you sir/ma'am.

Which law takes precedence to you: 'divinely' ordained religious law or federal law?

1 Like

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Bobby808: 6:01pm On Feb 14, 2018
flyca:
This troublesome set of people are never staisfied with anything and anyone, anywhere in the world. They always want to be treated differently.

Rubbish!
That Oyibo man wey put us together with these reknown illiterate and dumbest Fulani hausa will never know peace. Our troubles and problems are always traced to these hausas. May God punush all of una wey dey always bring frustrating, troubles etc. to all of us outside the north will never know peace including Buhari.
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 14, 2018
nurshah:

My darling if this is how you reason clearly your it is very very low.. Forget religion I swear you are in trouble.
If you don't work on your self development you won't ever go beyond meagre salary
And u think I earn salaries?? Such a re.tar.d way of thinking.
My beloved friend not everyone earn salaries at least not anymore, we are advancing beyound that.
Come to think of it, for u to make a statement like "u don't have a say" clearly shows how backward ur mentality is moreover, nothing will change d fact dat u guys are well groomed hypocrites, u are the oppressor claiming to be oppressed, always believe in violence and bloodshed, I can't think of any religion that devilish.

2 Likes

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Xisnin(m): 6:03pm On Feb 14, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
Why do xhristian fanatics like persecuting muslims?
Yet dey claim to love all
Hypocrites.
If Nigeria is partitioned muslims in the south will suffer unbelievable persecution in the hands of these hating bigoted christian extremists

Terrorist. Go join Shekau in Sambisa.

2 Likes

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Bobby808: 6:07pm On Feb 14, 2018
bekongtony:
Can't they talk without threatening violence?
Is in their blood. Why do you thing Buhari, a whole president promised blood of dog and baboons? All over the world the Hausas and Fulanis are the real live devils. They are just appearing like humans but they are indeed the most useless and undesireable kind of humans you cannot live comfortablly with for even a second. Tufiakwa
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Nobody: 6:08pm On Feb 14, 2018
this terrorist organization again?... this shit hole sure needs restructuring!
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Nobody: 6:08pm On Feb 14, 2018
VolvoS60:

^^^^

Which law takes precedence to you: 'divinely' ordained religious law or federal law?

VolvoS60:

^^^^

VolvoS60:

^^^^

My friend, she happens to be a confused Muhammadian, she is one of those confused hypocrites.
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 14, 2018
Seenyo:
this terrorist organization again?...
this shit hole sure needs restructuring!
I just agreed today that this is a sh.i.t hole, for a certain MURIC to wake up and issue threat with ultimatum to NIGERIAN law schools is disheartening and the govt. will keep quiet about it.

2 Likes

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by bigfish3k: 6:13pm On Feb 14, 2018
is it by force for a muslim to be lawyer?
please u people should leave law for the infidels. stick to ur sharia law
we infidels ti take over. so MURIC should stop crying

2 Likes

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:15pm On Feb 14, 2018
NothingDoMe:
That's the problem with you guys. You always feel persecuted. Everyone is free to follow their religion including those who worship wood and stone.

So the law school should allow it if a wood worshippers god require that he or she wear wood at all times? Can you imagine the chaos that will prevail in the law system?

If the southern Muslims have not suffered now they will not suffer later. How many southern Muslims have been killed as reprisals for what happens in the north? But if na una heads must roll even for events that happen outside Nigeria.

Rubbish.

U love organisational uniformity more than the Americans and the British?
Its blind religious prejudice against muslims that informs ur perspective...
Rid ursef of this bigoted stupidity and stop hating

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by bejeria101(m): 6:18pm On Feb 14, 2018
Go and build your own law school,retards you wont let us rest,madmen
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Siralgebra04(m): 6:19pm On Feb 14, 2018
I'm just surprised how citizens of Nigeria are xooo sentimental about d issue of Amasa. I'm a muslim, when it comes to secular issues, i dont attach sentiments. Many of u are just using ur brain or let me say level of understanding to give opinions, very few understands laws of d land. Many don't even know wat d regulation of d school actually says. D regulation says:

"Every student proposed and approved for call to the Bar shall, on any Call Night, be dressed in his BIBS and BARRISTER'S gown but shall not place his wig on his head until he has been called to the Bar by the Chairman".
Please note dat the provision above did not make any provision on exposing one's natural hair. It could be argued dat their was no mention of hijab in dat section, the answer to dat is there was equally no mention of trousers, suit, shirt, skirt, pant, etc. The only reasonable conclusion is dat d hijab is not prohibited by d regulations guiding d operations of d body of benchers who are saddled with calling eligible persons to d bar.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 14, 2018
Grayjoy:
I just agreed today that this is a sh.i.t hole, for a certain MURIC to wake up and issue threat with ultimatum to NIGERIAN law schools is disheartening and the govt. will keep quiet about it.
you're spot-on!

1 Like

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Siralgebra04(m): 6:25pm On Feb 14, 2018
U pple are clamouring dat dey want to islamize Nigeria. I ask, who is islamizing who? Ur colonial masters and other countries like US, France, dat brought about western culture and even d law we practice, are they islamizing their country by allowing hijab in their professions even in law and military? Stop being hypocrites. Shun indecent dressings and support hijab.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

KWASU Students Cry Out Against Extortion By School / Study In Canada / Federal Polytechnic Ilaro Locks Out Students From Entering School Premises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.