Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims (17038 Views)

Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar / Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus / Four UNN Students That Made First Class At The Nigerian Law School. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by VolvoS60(m): 8:40pm On Feb 14, 2018
bigfish3k:

Nigerian federal law please
here is not heaven

^^^

Very good sir.

So what course of action would you recommend if someone decides that he or she will obey religious law instead of federal law?
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by bigfish3k: 8:47pm On Feb 14, 2018
VolvoS60:

^^^

Very good sir.

So what course of action would you recommend if someone decides that he or she will obey religious law instead of federal law?

the person should be penalized according to the Nigerian law. I mean the law of the land not law in heaven, we are not in heaven
is there anybody that has ever gone to heaven to know how their laws operate? leave things of the spirit for the spirits and humans for humans
when we reach the heaven bridge we go cross am. shikeena

1 Like

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:07pm On Feb 14, 2018
bigfish3k:

so name those that made the law from ur source
I ve alws known the anti hijab intolerance has no bases in law anywhere, whether in the law sch or in the constitution.
That's why we challenge all of u ignorantly saying the wearin of hijab contravenes the schs dress code u to site the relevant to back up ur assertion.
Muslims in the south re being patient for now in the face of unnecessary persecution.
U wud be a fool to take us for cowards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 9:11pm On Feb 14, 2018
Jobless busybodies.
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 9:14pm On Feb 14, 2018
A stupid "professor" using a headtie like women. Mental slave.
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by AnanseK(m): 9:15pm On Feb 14, 2018
wellmax:
This wahala people again.

I think MURIC should be classified a terrorist organization.

You mean just like IPOB?
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by AnanseK(m): 9:20pm On Feb 14, 2018
How and when did all these haters infiltrated Nairaland?

. What has dressing got to do with the practice of law?

Even military women and pilots in Europe and pilots are allowed to wear hijab if they wanted. It is human right. The judiciary is the problem of Nigeria. They are so corrupt that justice is never allowed to prevail and but they direct their attention to irrelevant issues preying on women.
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by AnanseK(m): 9:25pm On Feb 14, 2018
Even the Oyingbo who invented the medieval lawyers wig have abandoned it but the Nigerian judges and lawyers with their slave mentality insist on wear8ng white wigs at temperatures of 38 and 40 degrees Celsius.
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by delpee(f): 9:36pm On Feb 14, 2018
Siralgebra04:

Good!!! I love ur sensitive question. There are unlimited muslims among d body of benchers, many of dem use hijab while on duty in d court of law. But they had failed to ask themselves y dey shud not allow hijab in dat one day convention. They too passed through d same convention to become lawyers, dey continue ensuring dis regulation. They all know dat d so called regulation is against d National Constitution which gives room for d use of hijab, but dey continue abiding by d meaningless and archaic rule.

This courageous and religious lady couldn't afford to sacrifice d right which Allah instruct her for just a day convention dat doesn't have place in d national constitution. She has to sacrifice dat day to fight for d fundamental human rights of d entire muslim females who are coming behind. This law school shud not continue depriving Nigerian citizens their fundamental rights.

Note: The presence of Muslim lawyers among d body, buhari's daughter and muslim females in d past not using hijab is not a yardstick. That is there level of faith.

#Algebra

Thanks though you didn't answer the other questions. I think the pressure should be on the body of benchers not Nigeria Law School. This should have been done years ago without any drama. Her attending the dinners without hijab and insistence on having it on at the last stage is a bit inconsistent if true. By the way, I have nothing against hijab. Freedom of choice.

Someone told me that Islam doesn't allow women to practice law and that the secular law is an aberration. I believe otherwise, that's why I asked.
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by VolvoS60(m): 9:56pm On Feb 14, 2018
bigfish3k:

the person should be penalized according to the Nigerian law. I mean the law of the land not law in heaven, we are not in heaven
is there anybody that has ever gone to heaven to know how their laws operate? leave things of the spirit for the spirits and humans for humans
when we reach the heaven bridge we go cross am. shikeena

^^^^
Lol.

You don't know my position on this matter yet, do you?
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by bigfish3k: 9:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
I ve alws known the anti hijab intolerance has no bases in law anywhere, whether in the law sch or in the constitution.
That's why we challenge all of u ignorantly saying the wearin of hijab contravenes the schs dress code u to site the relevant to back up ur assertion.
Muslims in the south re being patient for now in the face of unnecessary persecution.
U wud be a fool to take us for cowards

u are supposed to a be a Yoruba(omoluabi) and not a fanatic

but u have not answered my question of those u think that made the laws

but I told u in my own submissions that those that made the laws are drawn from that profession irrespective of religion

so why are now blowing hot
u are a suspect on extremism which leads to terrorism

2 Likes

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by bigfish3k: 10:00pm On Feb 14, 2018
VolvoS60:

^^^^
Lol.

You don't know my position on this matter yet, do you?

no, please let me know
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by bigfish3k: 10:15pm On Feb 14, 2018
blessedvisky:
Muslims will never speak or campaign against religious persecution faced by Christians in the Core Northern states and parts of the World where Muslim dominate everything like Iran Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Egypt but will CRY SHOUT SPIT and Start foaming In the mouth anytime things don't go their own way in Free societies (usually with Christian origin).

They keep shouting they are peaceful yet 99% of hate crimes due to religious beliefs are done by Muslims all over the world. The professor is already saying that some people may start disrupting dinners. Who are the upcoming disrupters if not Islamic fanatics? They claim to be peaceful yet resort to violence when you don't dance to their tune, then will blame you saying you caused it, that why didn't you listen and agree with them in the first instance?.

HYPOCRISY AND VIOLENCE REMAINS THE MOTTO AND SLOGAN OF ISLAM. Mark it

one funny thing about this their disruption plans is that if it goes wrong and spirals out of control and turns MURIC to the first terrorist organization in the south. u will now see some of them on nairaland start telling u that MURIC is not a true muslim organization
that those that did it are not true muslims. and start showing u passages in their holy book that supports peace

these people are heavy liars and hypocrites. they know what they are doing

1 Like

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by VolvoS60(m): 10:15pm On Feb 14, 2018
bigfish3k:

no, please let me know

^^^

Ok.

For the record, I am not a lawyer and I have no legal training whatsoever. But from the little I have seen and read about the controversy, I think MURIC and its supporters are likely to prevail in the end.

In the end, Firdaus and her supporters are likely to continue piling on the pressure until something gives. Run through this thread and others and you will understand what I am talking about.

If a "political" solution is not found soon, Firdaus will aim to prove in court that her rights have been abridged. The ruling on this is anyone's guess.
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by bigfish3k: 10:18pm On Feb 14, 2018
VolvoS60:

^^^

Ok.

For the record, I am not a lawyer and I have no legal training whatsoever. But from the little I have seen and read about the controversy, I think MURIC and its supporters are likely to prevail in the end.

In the end, Firdaus and her supporters are likely to continue piling on the pressure until something gives. Run through this thread and others and you will understand what I am talking about.

If a "political" solution is not found soon, Firdaus will aim to prove in court that her rights have been abridged. The ruling on this is anyone's guess.

ok , if she wins ; so be it, we will all hands off and follow the law
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by blessedvisky(m): 10:19pm On Feb 14, 2018
bigfish3k:

one funny thing about this their disruption plans is that if it goes wrong and spirals out of control and turns MURIC to the first terrorist organization in the south. u will now see some of them on nairaland start telling u that MURIC is not a true muslim organization
that those that did it are not true muslims. and start showing u passages in their holy book that supports peace

these people are heavy liars and hypocrites. they know what they are doing
Your sense is too much bro

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by DaudaAbu(m): 10:24pm On Feb 14, 2018
AnanseK:

How and when did all these haters infiltrated Nairaland?

. What has dressing got to do with the practice of law?

Even military women and pilots in Europe and pilots are allowed to wear hijab if they wanted. It is human right. The judiciary is the problem of Nigeria. They are so corrupt that justice is never allowed to prevail and but they direct their attention to irrelevant issues preying on women.

And what some dont realize is dat this fight is for every other preson dat might have a religious belief dat he/she might like to uphold.

Because if they win this one then those dat hav other religious attires they wish to wear can now use this case as a point of reference. Which invariably means someone has fought for your cause
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by VolvoS60(m): 10:37pm On Feb 14, 2018
DaudaAbu:

And what some dont realize is dat this fight is for every other preson dat might have a religious belief dat he/she might like to uphold.

Because if they win this one then those dat hav other religious attires they wish to wear can now use this case as a point of reference. Which invariably means someone has fought for your cause

^^^^
Ok. Fair point.

But I have a question for you - what happens when someone dresses (be it for religious or non-religious reasons) in a way that offends your sensibilities - what course of action is acceptable then?
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by VolvoS60(m): 10:38pm On Feb 14, 2018
undecided

Nurshah and Siralgebra have pointedly refused to answer the questions I have asked them...
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Nobody: 10:44pm On Feb 14, 2018
This akintola needs to be assasinated asap.
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by bigfish3k: 10:53pm On Feb 14, 2018
AnanseK:

Even the Oyingbo who invented the medieval lawyers wig have abandoned it but the Nigerian judges and lawyers with their slave mentality insist on wear8ng white wigs at temperatures of 38 and 40 degrees Celsius.

and u want to further increase the temperature by covering more parts of the body ......... till it reaches 100 degrees
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Nobody: 11:39pm On Feb 14, 2018
VolvoS60:

undecided

Nurshah and Siralgebra have pointedly refused to answer the questions I have asked them...

We don't need to..
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Siralgebra04(m): 1:50am On Feb 15, 2018
VolvoS60:

^^^^

Thank you for your response.

You have stated in very clear terms that the constitution takes precedence over other laws.

My response to your question about precedence is equally clear: A school's regulations are subordinate to the federal constitution.

I have another question for you sir/ma'am: what actions would you recommend when someone makes laws that clash with supreme federal law?
My silence doesn't mean i don't av ur answer.
If nobody challenges it, good! But once someone is able to challenge it, then it is contitutional for such surbordinate law which is in disagreement with d National Constitution to be reviewed.

But i wonder y u fail to ask pple who av been giving sentimental and baseless opinions on dis issue. I av not in any way attached sentiment to dis issue. I apply secular law to things dat are constitutional. I will like to see u ask these commentators there concrete and constitutional reasons for there abusive words and hatred as regards Amusa's stand.
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Nobody: 2:15am On Feb 15, 2018
neck and ear can make there men cum ooo
bigfish3k:

hijab just covers the ear and neck of that lady
I want to know what is so attractive about the ear
and neck that it cant be exposed

is ear and neck part of the private parts of the body?
lets reason; abeg
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by gloryman91: 4:55am On Feb 15, 2018
This body of benchers are really hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Abdulhakeem7(m): 7:04am On Feb 15, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
Devil punish muric
The leadership and the followers of muric they mad for head
u are completely mad,irresponsible idiot.
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Abdulhakeem7(m): 7:11am On Feb 15, 2018
toyetade:
Law school is not for everyone but if you must go then you must respect the rules of the organisation including dressing
should d rules of the law school supercede the constitution which gives right to religious freedom?
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by adehadex(m): 7:29am On Feb 15, 2018
Oga professor if u dey ur right mind is there anything like discipline or code of conduct? If u want them to study law Biko let them study sharia law don't force religion into everything and there is a big difference between been godly and been religious.
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by VolvoS60(m): 7:52am On Feb 15, 2018
Siralgebra04:

If nobody challenges it, good! But once someone is able to challenge it, then it is contitutional for such surbordinate law which is in disagreement with d National Constitution to be reviewed.

But i wonder y u fail to ask pple who av been giving sentimental and baseless opinions on dis issue. I av not in any way attached sentiment to dis issue. I apply secular law to things dat are constitutional. I will like to see u ask these commentators there concrete and constitutional reasons for there abusive words and hatred as regards Amusa's stand.

^^^^
Ok.

I really don't have much to say to to those who, as you say are using "abusive words and hatred" on this matter. Name calling adds nothing to this discussion and so I avoid calling on those posters who are so angry and emotional that they have refused to address this matter in a logical manner.

Having said that, I am going somewhere with my questions on this issue. I am interested in your statement about how you apply "secular law to things that are constitutional". I am also interested in your views about the adoption of Islamic Sharia law as state law by several state legislatures in Northern Nigeria. I am sure you are aware that some parties have challenged the adoption in court. But I want to know what you think about the issue.
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by ifeoluwasegun(m): 8:12am On Feb 15, 2018
Siralgebra04:

A question for you, SirAlgebra...

In the Islam religion, are women permitted to study/practise law?

This needs a YES/NO answer!
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by VolvoS60(m): 8:17am On Feb 15, 2018
nurshah:

We don't need to..

^^^
Ok.

You are well within your rights to decide who to respond to. Or whether to respond at all. But you can only speak for yourself and yourself alone...
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Siralgebra04(m): 10:40am On Feb 15, 2018
ifeoluwasegun:

A question for you, SirAlgebra...

In the Islam religion, are women permitted to study/practise law?

This needs a YES/NO answer!

Dear Sir
I think this is another topic entirely which will suitably b answered and treated in a new trend. I won't like us to deviate from d present topic becos we are already bending to another topic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Quacks: "I Was Specific About 3, Not All State Universities" - Prof Osodeke / How ASUU Strike Is Promoting Prostitution, Unemployment, Poverty – Stakeholders / ASUU Strike: FG Withdraws `No Work No Pay’ Threat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.