Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims (17034 Views)

Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar / Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus / Four UNN Students That Made First Class At The Nigerian Law School. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:26pm On Feb 14, 2018
Siralgebra04:
I'm just surprised how citizens of Nigeria are xooo sentimental about d issue of Amasa. I'm a muslim, when it comes to secular issues, i dont attach sentiments. Many of u are just using ur brain or let me say level of understanding to give opinions, very few understands laws of d land. Many don't even know wat d regulation of d school actually says. D regulation says:

"Every student proposed and approved for call to the Bar shall, on any Call Night, be dressed in his BIBS and BARRISTER'S gown but shall not place his wig on his head until he has been called to the Bar by the Chairman".
Please note dat the provision above did not make any provision on exposing one's natural hair. It could be argued dat their was no mention of hijab in dat section, the answer to dat is there was equally no mention of trousers, suit, shirt, skirt, pant, etc. The only reasonable conclusion is dat d hijab is not prohibited by d regulations guiding d operations of d body of benchers who are saddled with calling eligible persons to d bar.

There is no point trying to explain cos blind bigoted prejudice against islam wont let them see..
There is no amount of sound explanation that will ever make them come to sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Siralgebra04(m): 6:28pm On Feb 14, 2018
Seenyo:

you're spot-on!
Nobody is threatening anyone. Try to go through d information very carefully and stop misinterpreting. D writer only warned d law school to stop their hypocritical act against muslim females.
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 14, 2018
Seenyo:
you're spot-on!
This is sh.it hole bro.
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Siralgebra04(m): 6:30pm On Feb 14, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
There is no point trying to explain cos blind bigoted prejudice against islam wont let them see..
There is no amount of sound explanation that will ever make them come to sense
Exactly
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 14, 2018
Siralgebra04:

Nobody is threatening anyone. Try to go through d information very carefully and stop misinterpreting. D writer only warned d law school to stop their hypocritical act against muslim females.
And u 4got to add dat he also said else dinners will be disrupted, did he stop at the hypocritical act against female muslims?
So who is being hyprocritical here?
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 14, 2018
Siralgebra04:

going by precedence, that organization thrives on threat!... the earlier it is checkmated, the better for nig.

1 Like

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by bigfish3k: 6:34pm On Feb 14, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
I'm beginning to understnd that that seem to be the best language u pple undersnd.

Why wouldn't u pple allow peace loving muslims be?

where has ur threat worked?
all the wars ur al shabab, Taliban , and isis are fighting
have they achieved their aim?
u people just be killing urselves for nothing in the name of religion.
btw, no 72 virgins for u. ntoor
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by VolvoS60(m): 6:36pm On Feb 14, 2018
Siralgebra04:
I'm just surprised how citizens of Nigeria are xooo sentimental about d issue of Amasa. I'm a muslim, when it comes to secular issues, i dont attach sentiments. Many of u are just using ur brain or let me say level of understanding to give opinions, very few understands laws of d land. Many don't even know wat d regulation of d school actually says. D regulation says:

"Every student proposed and approved for call to the Bar shall, on any Call Night, be dressed in his BIBS and BARRISTER'S gown but shall not place his wig on his head until he has been called to the Bar by the Chairman".
Please note dat the provision above did not make any provision on exposing one's natural hair. It could be argued dat their was no mention of hijab in dat section, the answer to dat is there was equally no mention of trousers, suit, shirt, skirt, pant, etc. The only reasonable conclusion is dat d hijab is not prohibited by d regulations guiding d operations of d body of benchers who are saddled with calling eligible persons to d bar.

^^^^

Point noted.

I have a question for you sir/ma'am - the same question I asked nurshah - which laws (to you) take precedence? 'Divinely' ordained religious law or (Nigerian) federal law?
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by bigfish3k: 6:39pm On Feb 14, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
Why do xhristian fanatics like persecuting muslims?
Yet dey claim to love all
Hypocrites.
If Nigeria is partitioned muslims in the south will suffer unbelievable persecution in the hands of these hating bigoted christian extremists

yes, u are right. the way muslims are suffering in European Christian countries and
Christians are enjoying in muslim arab countries . mtchew

unrepentant hypocrites

1 Like

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 14, 2018
Siralgebra04:

must they make their point by dishing out threats??
Now we know that they must have their dressing code which everybody must abide by not what u quoted here, it is more than that.
Come to think of it, is the NBA only made of christians? No. So even d muslims in d NBA don't agree with hijab wearing.
NB: most of the talks u see here was triggered by the threat issued out, not d action of d NBA on d grlz.
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Siralgebra04(m): 6:43pm On Feb 14, 2018
bigfish3k:

where has ur threat worked?
all the wars ur al shabab, Taliban , and isis are fighting
have they achieved their aim?
u people just be killing urselves for nothing in the name of religion.
btw, no 72 virgins for u. ntoor
Even ur colonial masters (our law suppliers) and other coutries like US, France, dat brought about Western Culture wholeheartedly embrace hijab in all their professions. So y are Nigerians full of hycpocrisy? Y? I still can't figure it out. Y d hatred? Who wants to islamize d country? Who? I shake my head.
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by bigfish3k: 6:45pm On Feb 14, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
And who set the no-hijab wearing standard if i may ask?

people of all religions came together to set it
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Cromagnon: 6:48pm On Feb 14, 2018
desreek9:
Stylishly playing victim mentality to install their religion in every aspect of government here and around the world too.
that's how the game is played.it's now up to us to gree or not to gree
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by bigfish3k: 6:49pm On Feb 14, 2018
Siralgebra04:

Even ur colonial masters (our law suppliers) and other coutries like US, France, dat brought about Western Culture wholeheartedly embrace hijab in all their professions. So y are Nigerians full of hycpocrisy? Y? I still can't figure it out. Y d hatred? Who wants to islamize d country? Who? I shake my head.

hijab just covers the ear and neck of that lady
I want to know what is so attractive about the ear
and neck that it cant be exposed

is ear and neck part of the private parts of the body?
lets reason; abeg

1 Like

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by bigfish3k: 6:51pm On Feb 14, 2018
VolvoS60:

^^^^

Point noted.

I have a question for you sir/ma'am - the same question I asked nurshah - which laws (to you) take precedence? 'Divinely' ordained religious law or (Nigerian) federal law?

Nigerian federal law please
here is not heaven
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by MUYEEKFIRST(m): 6:56pm On Feb 14, 2018
While Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) is cultist group and terrorist
wellmax:
This wahala people again.

I think MURIC should be classified a terrorist organization.
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Siralgebra04(m): 6:57pm On Feb 14, 2018
VolvoS60:

^^^^

Point noted.

Lol... Dear madam/sir
D regulation i stated earlier is d regulation 16(3) of d regulations of d Law School. And it doesn't condemn d use of hijab to call to bar.

Maybe u don't know. No regulation or codes of conduct should b against d Federal Constitution. D law school are against wat d national constitution says in d section 38 of 1999 constitution. Am xooo ashamed my Nigeria law school are blending prospectitive lawyers to act contrary to d federal constitution.

I will ask u dis simple and straightforward question. Is a mere regulation of a school above d a country's Federal Constitution? Knowing fully well dat code of conduct of any organization must go in line with d national constitution.
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by delpee(f): 7:01pm On Feb 14, 2018
Are there no Muslims in the body of benchers who can influence a change if required?

Are students truly aware of this regulation early enough?

Who knows if it is true that female lawyers are not allowed in the courts of law? Can they operate in Shariah courts?

No bashing intended. I just want to know.
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:04pm On Feb 14, 2018
bigfish3k:

people of all religions came together to set it
i know u will run away if i ask u to provide a credible source, so i ll not.

So all i ask is any source, doesnt ve to be credible.
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Siralgebra04(m): 7:04pm On Feb 14, 2018
bigfish3k:

hijab just covers the ear and neck of that lady
I want to know what is so attractive about the ear
and neck that it cant be exposed

is ear and neck part of the private parts of the body?
lets reason; abeg
I'm xoo ashamed, a Literate asked dis question. D question sounds like saying "Why do Christians worship their God"
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Phemopumpin(m): 7:07pm On Feb 14, 2018
Lol.
kaluxy007:
these hypocrites will be calling people infidels but they don't waste time in administering doggy to a 7 yr old
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by bigfish3k: 7:14pm On Feb 14, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
i know u will run away if i ask u to provide a credible source, so i ll not.

So all i ask is any source, doesnt ve to be credible.

so name those that made the law from ur source
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by bigfish3k: 7:18pm On Feb 14, 2018
Siralgebra04:

I'm xoo ashamed, a Literate asked dis question. D question sounds like saying "Why do Christians worship their God"

we are here in this world. lets act as if we are here and not act as if we are in heaven. just obey the law of the land
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Siralgebra04(m): 7:23pm On Feb 14, 2018
delpee:
Are there no Muslims in the body of benchers who can influence a change if required?

Are students truly aware of this regulation early enough?

Who knows if it is true that female lawyers are not allowed in the courts of law? Can they operate in Shariah courts?

No bashing intended. I just want to know.
Good!!! I love ur sensitive question. There are unlimited muslims among d body of benchers, many of dem use hijab while on duty in d court of law. But they had failed to ask themselves y dey shud not allow hijab in dat one day convention. They too passed through d same convention to become lawyers, dey continue ensuring dis regulation. They all know dat d so called regulation is against d National Constitution which gives room for d use of hijab, but dey continue abiding by d meaningless and archaic rule.

This courageous and religious lady couldn't afford to sacrifice d right which Allah instruct her for just a day convention dat doesn't have place in d national constitution. She has to sacrifice dat day to fight for d fundamental human rights of d entire muslim females who are coming behind. This law school shud not continue depriving Nigerian citizens their fundamental rights.

Note: The presence of Muslim lawyers among d body, buhari's daughter and muslim females in d past not using hijab is not a yardstick. That is there level of faith.

#Algebra

1 Like

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by stieyven(m): 7:23pm On Feb 14, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
Devil punish muric
The leadership and the followers of muric they mad for head
Love your enemies and bless those who curse you and pray for those who despitefully use you. LUKE 6 :28
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Sagay212: 7:23pm On Feb 14, 2018
noise makers association. You have been provoked. do your worst.

1 Like

Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by okenta2017: 7:24pm On Feb 14, 2018
Opinionated:

The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) has released a press statement in which it claims that the Management of the Nigerian Law School is provoking Muslims with its alleged insistence that Muslim ladies should not wear hijab to its customary dinner. Read the press release next:

NIGERIAN LAW SCHOOLS PROVOKING MUSLIMS

Although the dust is yet to settle on the call to bar hijab saga featuring Amasa Firdaus, the six Nigerian Law School campuses across the nation may not allow female Muslim students due for Bar Part II to wear their hijabs during the 2017/2018 First Term Law Dinner, which started yesterday, Wednesday, 13th February, 2018. The dinners will run till tomorrow, Thursday, 15th February, 2018.

The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) warns that any attempt to bar female Muslim law students who wish to use hijab from doing so is an infringement on Allah-given fundamental rights of those students as entrenched in Section 38 (i) & (ii) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Already, MURIC has received reports of a number of female Muslim law students at the Agbani, Enugu, Lagos and Abuja campuses who are allegedly being threatened with disciplinary measures should they use the Hijab at the Law Dinner.

We remind authorities of these Law School campuses of the provisions of Section 42 of the Nigerian Constitution which prohibits the placing of any citizen under any internally formulated restriction. We also call attention to Section 13 of the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act (1991) which forbids officials from taking any action “prejudicial to the rights of any person knowing that such act is unlawful or contrary to any government policy”
We affirm clearly, emphatically and unequivocally that whatever emanates from any circular in any Nigerian institution (the Law Schools included) must comply with the dictates of the Nigerian Constitution which is the font et origo of all laws, rules, regulations, provisions and directives in this country.

MURIC warns that certain campuses of the Nigerian Law Schools are deliberately precipitating crisis by stereotyping female Muslim students on the issue of hijab. Those who seek to play God in the lives of Nigerian Muslims are religious fanatics bent on intimidating, oppressing and persecuting Muslims.
This is a dangerous situation capable of snowballing into a religious crisis whose consequences no one can predict. The Qur’an affirms that oppression is worse than killing (Qur’an 2:191). This verse underlines the gravity of the hijab phenomenon. Female Muslims are being persecuted in order to give undue advantage to non-Muslims. It is religious apartheid. It is unacceptable. We will rather be free men in our graves than live like puppets and second class citizens.

Those who make rules and regulations impossible to obey make it impossible not to disobey. Law Schools where anti-Muslim dressing codes are issued in a multi-religious Nigeria do not belong to decent and accommodating communities of men and women.

While MURIC advocates non-violence in its interventions (based on its avowed motto, ‘Dialogue, Not Violence’), Nigerian Law Schools should not wait until radical and anti-dialogue elements hijack the initiative and start disrupting Law School Dinners. They may even do more. The fact that these anti-Muslim antics are not attempted anywhere in the core North suggests tactical conspiracy against Nigerian Muslims by authorities of those Law Schools where the profiling and persecution of Muslims have become the stock-in-trade.
Finally, we call on the Federal Government and the National Assembly (particularly the House of Representatives where the Amasa Firdaus case is still being investigated) to turn its attention to what is going on in the Law School Dinners across the country. Muslims are not being violent now but they are being persecuted. Those who fail to listen to the dialogue group may have cause to regret it sooner or later.

Professor Ishaq Akintola,
Director,
Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC)

source: http://www.opinions.ng/muric-nigerian-law-school-stop-provoking-muslims/

You Muslim terrorist should understand that nobody has monopoly of violence.

Just start what you have in mind, that your terrorist brother is the head of state.

When you were implementing your sharia law all over north. you did not rember that all Nigerians
are not muslimi . must you study law. Was that rule introduced today.

You want to armtwist the law school so that tomorrow you will say Nigeria is fulani conquered
territory and F!ulani must make the law. You forget so quick, the last time you
touched the IBO's in the north you remember the response it was total, not now that people are ready for you
and there are enough meat to go round.
We now want Nigeria to break to pis so that you can make you terrorist law in your country as you wish.
Let me warn and tell you terrorist nobody has monopoly of violence .
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 14, 2018
Siralgebra04:

Lol... Dear madam/sir
D regulation i stated earlier is d regulation 16(3) of d regulations of d Law School. And it doesn't condemn d use of hijab to call to bar.

Maybe u don't know. No regulation or codes of conduct should b against d Federal Constitution. D law school are against wat d national constitution says in d section 38 of 1999 constitution. Am xooo ashamed my Nigeria law school are blending prospectitive lawyers to act contrary to d federal constitution.

I will ask u dis simple and straightforward question. Is a mere regulation of a school above d a country's Federal Constitution? Knowing fully well dat code of conduct of any organization must go in line with d national constitution.

The dress code it self never banned hijab. I don't need to bother arguing on nairaland.
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Omotoyosi98(m): 8:00pm On Feb 14, 2018
The problem with MURIC and Islamic religion in Nigeria will continue until the govt decides to cut their wings,imagine having sharia law in a national constitution,as if that's nt enough,they want to always have their way in every controversial issue...Islamists have always been looking for problem and they think d other two religions re dummy
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by VolvoS60(m): 8:02pm On Feb 14, 2018
Siralgebra04:

Lol... Dear madam/sir

^^^^

Thank you for your response.

You have stated in very clear terms that the constitution takes precedence over other laws.

My response to your question about precedence is equally clear: A school's regulations are subordinate to the federal constitution.

I have another question for you sir/ma'am: what actions would you recommend when someone makes laws that clash with supreme federal law?
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by blessedvisky(m): 8:07pm On Feb 14, 2018
Muslims will never speak or campaign against religious persecution faced by Christians in the Core Northern states and parts of the World where Muslim dominate everything like Iran Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Egypt but will CRY SHOUT SPIT and Start foaming In the mouth anytime things don't go their own way in Free societies (usually with Christian origin).

They keep shouting they are peaceful yet 99% of hate crimes due to religious beliefs are done by Muslims all over the world. The professor is already saying that some people may start disrupting dinners. Who are the upcoming disrupters if not Islamic fanatics? They claim to be peaceful yet resort to violence when you don't dance to their tune, then will blame you saying you caused it, that why didn't you listen and agree with them in the first instance?.

HYPOCRISY AND VIOLENCE REMAINS THE MOTTO AND SLOGAN OF ISLAM. Mark it
Re: MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims by Almost1122: 8:24pm On Feb 14, 2018
okenta2017:

You Muslim terrorist should understand that nobody has monopoly of violence.

Just start what you have in mind, that your terrorist brother is the head of state.

When you were implementing your sharia law all over north. you did not rember that all Nigerians
are not muslimi . must you study law. Was that rule introduced today.

You want to armtwist the law school so that tomorrow you will say Nigeria is fulani conquered
territory and F!ulani must make the law. You forget so quick, the last time you
touched the IBO's in the north you remember the response it was total, not now that people are ready for you
and there are enough meat to go round.
We now want Nigeria to break to pis so that you can make you terrorist law in your country as you wish.
Let me warn and tell you terrorist nobody has monopoly of violence .

1+1+1=1=Christainity=Stupidity!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

KWASU Students Cry Out Against Extortion By School / Study In Canada / Federal Polytechnic Ilaro Locks Out Students From Entering School Premises

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.