Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

"If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady (13674 Views)

19-year-old Boy Won N38 Million Bet ,his Father Insists He Return The Money / Woman Who Sent Daughter N7.4M While Abroad, Returns Home To Find The Money Gone / Tanzanian Who Spent 20 Years On Death Row Released, Brother Sold His 6 Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by bukatyne(f): 8:41pm On Feb 15, 2018
sweetilicious:
Exactly.My sister earns alot as a manager,the hubby earns too as a doctor.They had no car after their marriage. In short,they had no better property.The husband started with things he used from university and was working in a private hospital.My sister was a graduate trainee before they got married.I could remember how we used to enter keke all the time.Within a spec of 1yr,they got a car.My sister wasn't dragging the car as a contributor.The husband takes her to work and sometimes brings her back.They lived happily and managed that car for 4yrs till it started wearing out.They got another one for occasional programmes. They built a mansion within 5ys of marriage.I have never seen my sister disregard her husband nor become pompous of her contributions.The man is the head and she is happy to submit totally.I won't dispute the fact that her hubby is extremely family conscious.He is involved totally.But i prefer to be loved and catered for than struggling the headship of the home.This op didn't even make sense to me.

While your post is interesting, I honestly want to believe that you did not understand the OP.

She said a woman who contributes in a home where only the husband makes financial decisions without her input is a doormat.

Do some women like to be doormats?

Maybe.

Besides, how does a couple pulling resources together to build up their home equals the husband making all the financial decisions?

3 Likes

Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by cococandy(f): 1:10am On Feb 16, 2018
bukatyne:

I read some things here in amazement.
nothing amazes me anymore on here
Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by Nobody: 6:57am On Feb 16, 2018
frankly, d lady havent said anything wrong. if u and ur husband contributes to acquire properties, he should not spend or sell such as d case may be without ur permission or deprive u from using them. he is d head, no argument but u are his support both financially and morally. u contribute to acquired them together, u should also discus things if anything is to b sold and also have privileges to such things
Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by Nobody: 7:12am On Feb 16, 2018
Jman06:
There's sense in what she said. Some cunning men just want doormats as wife whom they can easily ride on. The woman would suffer to make the money with them or even more of the money, but the man would take everything in his name and use the wealth to chase small girls.
Women would however continue to fall for such cunning men because those kind of men are masters of sweet talking. They easily use words to brainwash the woman.
posts like urs and poseidon12 is d reason I Dont generalize Nigerian guys but painful thing is that u are in the minority

3 Likes

Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by Espada10: 9:06am On Feb 16, 2018
LordBaelish:
This one is just an UGLY attention seeker.

Which Naija woman would contribute for Car and allow the man to sell off?

Naija women that would shout "I contributed ooo" till you vex refund her the money..

Na wa sha. Some people online dey do like we no dey the same naija offline..

SMH
I just dey wonder they same thing
Re: "If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady by Leonbonapart(m): 11:29am On Feb 16, 2018
bukatyne:

She is NOT a home breaker according to her posts.

If a husband decides on the funds both of them make ALONE, then it is a dysfunctional marriage.

Do unto others as you want them to do unto you.
that's not the way to present it. Sounds more of a selfish, angry feminist

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends / Why Can't His Joystick Penetrate Me Fully? / An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.