Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,981 members, 7,810,734 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends (13675 Views)

How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? / I Suspected My Wife Was Cheating, I Set Her Up / Nigerian Lady Throws A Divorce Party, Celebrates With Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by DamianDd: 5:49am On Aug 26, 2023
This happened today:

I called a friend of mine so we can go for an all night together at a church we were invited in, he was already in the vicinity so I asked where are you he said said at his pastors house and I'm like where is the pastors house then he started complaining... "abeg I nor wan go that church now before oo" then he cut call, I called this boy and he didn't pick again

I had to go to the church myself but that thing pissed me off but I couldn't call again because he's not my girlfriend that I'll start quarrelling over the phone. He came to church later but it was toll after church close I saw him, he couldn't even talk to me and I as well didn't give a damn so I left and came home

I honestly did not want to bring up something from 7 hours ago and start vexing this early morning. Already I'm very mentality stressed because I'm trying to make good use of this 4 months remaining to make my life better and get money.

We usually do these church things like sing in churches and all that but I lost interest in them, it is not want I want to do with my life at all. I want big things and going to churches everyday is not what I want for now or for my future so I stopped hanging out with them. All they do is church and girls then don't even hustle that much, they aren't bothered about making money as much as I am

This is not the first time this friend has disrespected me and my time like this but the first few times I let it slide but recently it's becoming a pattern and I'm cutting him off and this recent one he did is one obvious reason why I need to complete excommunicate him from my life because I get really annoyed when I'm disrespected but the times he does it is when I'm not close to him so I can't carry issues like I'm a girl.

What do you guys think, cutting him off is best? Because I'm already no longer hanging out with them too

How do I set clearer boundaries without getting angry? Mostly because I don't have a very good way of expressing anger it's destructive but I'm an introverted person so I do well with managing my emotions

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by Ishilove: 7:53am On Aug 26, 2023
I don't know what the issue is. If you have people that disrespect you then cut them off. It's not hard. You're not enemies so you can greet when you meet on the way, but you should minimise all conversations online and offline, and respectfully decline any invitation to socialize.

Una too dey make life more complex than necessary.

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by sylve11: 8:13am On Aug 26, 2023
@op, People Pleasing? its damn exhausting. If you are one of the unfortunate ones with this stellar trait, work on it. Sooner than later. It's a miserable life. Impossible to please everyone, and a complete waste of time.

cool

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by Sonnobax15(m): 8:36am On Aug 26, 2023
lipsrsealed
When you're too available and too accessible,this is what you should expect.......

Place value upon yourself and watch how everyone around you will do same.....

Call only those who call you,and only check up on those who check on you.......

Value yourself first,and you wouldn't even need to set boundaries with anyone......Na only dem go notice say your value don increase,and they'll have no option than to respect your space.

57 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by DamianDd: 10:59am On Aug 26, 2023
sylve11:
@op, People Pleasing? its damn exhausting. If you are one of the unfortunate ones with this stellar trait, work on it. Sooner than later. It's a miserable life. Impossible to please everyone, and a complete waste of time.

cool
Used to be but now that's no longer me. Rubbish sets of human beings out there
Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by DamianDd: 11:00am On Aug 26, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
When you're too available and too accessible,this is what you should expect.......

Place value upon yourself and watch how everyone around you will do same.....

Call only those who call you,and only check up on those who check on you.......

Value yourself first,and you wouldn't even need to set boundaries with anyone......Na only dem go notice say your value don increase,and they'll have no option than to respect your space.

What I'm doing now honestly the rubbish is too much. Honestly a stupid boy somebody I dey help alot with my money, to be a good person these days is very disappointing
Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by Coldplay007(f): 11:00am On Aug 26, 2023
What is the disrespect here? You read too much meaning into stuff that is not important

16 Likes

Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by DamianDd: 11:02am On Aug 26, 2023
Coldplay007:
What is the disrespect here? You read too much meaning into stuff that is not important

Then what is? this is obviously disrespect for my time and value. He could have simply said it in a polite way and dismissed not acting like a girl
Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by ATEAMS: 11:32am On Aug 26, 2023
Oga relocate simple...shey u get money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by Kobojunkie: 2:06pm On Aug 26, 2023
DamianDd:

This is not the first time this friend has disrespected me and my time like this but the first few times I let it slide but recently it's becoming a pattern and I'm cutting him off and this recent one he did is one obvious reason why I need to complete excommunicate him from my life because I get really annoyed when I'm disrespected but the times he does it is when I'm not close to him so I can't carry issues like I'm a girl.
What do you guys think, cutting him off is best? Because I'm already no longer hanging out with them too
How do I set clearer boundaries without getting angry? Mostly because I don't have a very good way of expressing anger it's destructive but I'm an introverted person so I do well with managing my emotions
Lol... you are not a girl yet you carry issue so tay you even write an epistle on nairaland regarding the simple issue. OP, you need to begin letting go of those meaningless pre-programmings to start with. Boys, and even men, dey also carry issue for head. Na natural things. undecided

Anyways, regarding this topic, all it seems is that your ego was bruised by your friend's rejection, and yes, even friends can reject one. You just need to accept and understand this so it does not tear at you as this one seems to have each time it happens. It is a normal thing in life. Folks don't always get to do what you want them to and there is nothing wrong with that. undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by money121(m): 4:10pm On Aug 26, 2023
Ok
Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by StrongAlphMale: 4:10pm On Aug 26, 2023
Damn!

In this life, if na wetin people go talk be your problem, then you never ready to face life

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by b0rn2fuck(m): 4:11pm On Aug 26, 2023
We that doesn't have friends

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by CelestineNelson: 4:11pm On Aug 26, 2023
I don't understand your writeup ...can you summarize pls?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by Aremwayne: 4:11pm On Aug 26, 2023
I honestly don’t understand what you wrote here tho

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by Menclothing: 4:12pm On Aug 26, 2023
This is deep
Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by Atheistan: 4:12pm On Aug 26, 2023
Ghost them
Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by AllenSpencer: 4:13pm On Aug 26, 2023
Silence is golden!

Talk less and do more observation. They will gradually find out over time you not into them.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by Offpointng: 4:16pm On Aug 26, 2023
Tbh only me understand how DamianDd feels. Nothing I hate for this life pass disrespect or see finish and many atimes I've had to do away with some friends cus of this sh**

And to me, Sonnobax15 is right, Op don't be too accessible to just everyone, be extra kind to those who are kind to you And have you in heart, check on who check on you and help friends you know are worth it

And Lastly Op, Remember you'll be treated very well when you have money by friends and frenemies and i hope you don't mistake that to be "Love"

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by GindoX(m): 4:17pm On Aug 26, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
We that doesn't have friends

Born to Bleep? Seriously? That name?
Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by CodedWealth(m): 4:32pm On Aug 26, 2023
Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by CodedWealth(m): 4:35pm On Aug 26, 2023
DamianDd:

This and many more have made me create a thread for men, were men can discuss about the problems Men are facing.

I will talk about this soon, join the thread.
Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by CodedWealth(m): 4:35pm On Aug 26, 2023
DamianDd:

This and many more have made me create a thread for men, were men can discuss about the problems Men are facing.

I will talk about boundaries soon, join the thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/7817844/successful-relationship-seminar-men-come
Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by Patriotcreed: 4:38pm On Aug 26, 2023
See friends like alcohol, a little, you are just fine, a bit too much, mess you up. Just like alcohol again, go for quality.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by 1opinion: 4:40pm On Aug 26, 2023
No offense, but if I tell you I understand what op is really talking about them I would be lying to myself.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by phemmyfour: 4:50pm On Aug 26, 2023
DamianDd:
This happened today:

I called a friend of mine so we can go for an all night together at a church we were invited in, he was already in the vicinity so I asked where are you he said said at his pastors house and I'm like where is the pastors house then he started complaining... "abeg I nor wan go that church now before oo" then he cut call, I called this boy and he didn't pick again

I had to go to the church myself but that thing pissed me off but I couldn't call again because he's not my girlfriend that I'll start quarrelling over the phone. He came to church later but it was toll after church close I saw him, he couldn't even talk to me and I as well didn't give a damn so I left and came home

I honestly did not want to bring up something from 7 hours ago and start vexing this early morning. Already I'm very mentality stressed because I'm trying to make good use of this 4 months remaining to make my life better and get money.

We usually do these church things like sing in churches and all that but I lost interest in them, it is not want I want to do with my life at all. I want big things and going to churches everyday is not what I want for now or for my future so I stopped hanging out with them. All they do is church and girls then don't even hustle that much, they aren't bothered about making money as much as I am

Tell him to his face...lobatan

1 Like

Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by phorget(m): 4:54pm On Aug 26, 2023
Maybe your friends dont see future in you guys singing in churches, why not get people who are interested in your line of hustle instead.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by Emma1Oj(m): 4:56pm On Aug 26, 2023
1opinion:
No offense, but if I tell you I understand what op is really talking about them I would be lying to myself.
me self no understand you op.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by Thermodynamics(m): 4:56pm On Aug 26, 2023
Oga boundaries

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Wife Finally Opens Up / An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. / Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.