Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,455 members, 7,823,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Chevening Scholarship Or A N240k Job? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Chevening Scholarship Or A N240k Job? (28091 Views)

Chevening Scholarship 2022 Applicants Gather Here! / Chevening Scholarship Programme 2022/2023 For Study In The United Kingdom / 6 Months HVAC Training Scholarship Or My 50k Sanitization Officer Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chevening Scholarship Or A N240k Job? by xpensv: 10:27am On Aug 07, 2018
PepsiBoy:
I am a Chevening alumnus. Taking the Chevening slot is a lifetime opportunity. Apart from the exposure you will get, you will also have different job opportunities in Nigeria and outside. Moreover, you can also do your PhD when you finish your Masters. While doing PhD, you can lecture and even settle down in the UK academics. Chevening scholarship does open doors, if you know hot to pray, and be led by the Spirit of God. All the best bro.

Good morning, please I'm just thinking of applying for the scholarship, I would appreciate if you can tell me the necessary steps needed . I would love to nab your mail so I can get in touch, thanks
Re: Chevening Scholarship Or A N240k Job? by chefetalkane(m): 11:58pm On Oct 14, 2018
Prospective Chevening Scholars can join this Telegram Group.

The group is almost full so the earlier, the better.

Join the Chevening Telegram Group now: www./cheveningscholarship
Re: Chevening Scholarship Or A N240k Job? by alamercy: 6:36pm On Sep 04, 2019
Hello house,
Please I need you people candid opinions too. I am in the same situation with the first writer. I just secured a scholarship to go to Australia to study Renewable Energy Management.
I am currently working with monthly take home of around #240k.
The condition attached to the scholarship is that you must come back to develop your country for at least two years, after that you can be given opportunity to apply for PR or do any other things in Australia.
Please can I take up the scholarship or just forget about it and continue with my work in Nigeria.
Re: Chevening Scholarship Or A N240k Job? by chloride6: 10:11am On Sep 11, 2019
alamercy:
Hello house,
Please I need you people candid opinions too. I am in the same situation with the first writer. I just secured a scholarship to go to Australia to study Renewable Energy Management.
The condition attached to the scholarship is that you must come back to develop your country for at least two years, after that you can be given opportunity to apply for PR or do any other things in Australia.
Please can I take up the scholarship or just forget about it and continue with my work in Nigeria.

240k na money?
Re: Chevening Scholarship Or A N240k Job? by alamercy: 6:07am On Sep 14, 2019
I think in Nigeria 240k is money
Re: Chevening Scholarship Or A N240k Job? by Focusmind: 7:20am On Sep 15, 2019
alamercy:
Hello house,

It is a tough call bro. As some one that studied abroad, getting a professional job is always difficult. You are competing with the locals.

Forget the people that tells you that it is easy. They have not been abroad before. I have someone that had this your same issue. But his own was in Greece, sponsored by a Greek company in Nigeria.

When the guy came back to Nigeria after the masters , no job. He stayed 13 months before getting something, not that it was in a multinational.

You can not trade your job in Nigeria, especially the one that pays that kind of salary. It may be small but quite huge in Nigeria's standard.

Your sponsor have already given you condition but the Nigeria's renewable energy sector is not developed. Definitely, you can't get job in that space but may be in another area.

How sure that your return back and the PR will be successful in Australia? If you are sure of this last question, give it a trial.
Re: Chevening Scholarship Or A N240k Job? by poeticjustice(m): 7:16pm On Nov 03, 2019
Bro I'd like to apply for a similar course in an Australian University, which University offer such scholarship programme.

Please advise big bro!!

alamercy:
Hello house,
Re: Chevening Scholarship Or A N240k Job? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 25, 2020
PepsiBoy:
I am a Chevening alumnus. Taking the Chevening slot is a lifetime opportunity. Apart from the exposure you will get, you will also have different job opportunities in Nigeria and outside. Moreover, you can also do your PhD when you finish your Masters. While doing PhD, you can lecture and even settle down in the UK academics. Chevening scholarship does open doors, if you know hot to pray, and be led by the Spirit of God. All the best bro.
Old but still relevant comment you made here. After your Chevening Masters, did you do the compulsory 2 year home country return, or was it waived? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Chevening Scholarship Or A N240k Job? by JojoWilliams: 8:42pm On Feb 16, 2021
Leo3333:
Helo Nairalanders/Chevening Alumni,

Kindly advise:

Would you recommend that I quit my current N240k-paying job for a Chevening (UK Masters Degree) Scholarship slot?
Chevening alumni in the house, please advise and share your experiences during and post-study.

Please help me reach Nairalanders.

Hello, Leo3333.
It has been about 3 years.
How did it go for you? Mind sharing?

2 Likes

Re: Chevening Scholarship Or A N240k Job? by Ayodelemerit(m): 12:27pm On Nov 01, 2021
Op kindly share your experience with us please. Thanks
Re: Chevening Scholarship Or A N240k Job? by Obagbolade: 9:47pm On Aug 04, 2022
realmindz:

my cousin earned more than that before he got the chevening scholarship 2 years ago, now he's in a far better place

@realmindz, can I connect with you, I’m applying for Chevening scholarship and I need the guidance of someone who has gone through the application before
Re: Chevening Scholarship Or A N240k Job? by Obagbolade: 9:58pm On Aug 04, 2022
PepsiBoy:

Can I connect with you via email concerning application for Chevening scholarship. I’m currently applying and I will be grateful if you can spare me time to ask you for guidance.
Re: Chevening Scholarship Or A N240k Job? by Chydobe: 12:45am On Aug 20, 2022
The fully funded Chevening UK Scholarship is a one in a lifetime opportunity. Qualified applicants should not miss out on this. Although it is an annual scholarship, it is also very important that scholars who are interested in having this amazing opportunity of schooling in one of the high ranked universities in UK should participate in this application now.

In this article, the package of the Chevening Scholarship will be unveiled as the sole aim of this scholarship is to allow scholars all over the world have an educational experience, build wonderful neworks with young leaders from across the globe while the government of UK take care of the funding for a whole year.

Chevening scholarship is available to a vast number of educational fields / courses in UK universities, Here are some things to note before applying for the Chevening Scholarships:

CLick on link below to get started

https://www.scholarworldwide.com/chevening-uk-scholarship-fully-funded-programme-2022-2023/
Re: Chevening Scholarship Or A N240k Job? by ValentinaBless(f): 1:40pm On Jul 07, 2023
As someone in exact same position as the OP then: same scholarship, similar job and same salary (if I stayed 2 months more), I will only take the Award if any 4 of these conditions are true:
The Award is in MBA, health or tech.
Spending 2 years in Nigeria after my MSc won’t hurt me much.
I have 3 or more years of experience already.
I am a prayerful person.
I won’t mind getting married just to stay back.
It is easy for me to relearn and start my career in different field at short notice.
I have plans for a PhD.
I know my way in the US on a visiting visa.
I don’t mind starting again in another European country.
100 rejection emails won’t weigh me down.
I have had enough of Nigeria and I must japa.
I have friends who can lend me £5k if in need.
Families back home don’t depend on me.

If any 4 of the above is true for you then take it. Chevening is probably the greatest thing that will happen to you. I made lifetime friends. I met intelligent people that changed my view of life forever despite being a topper myself.

Yet, if we go back in time I sincerely doubt I’ll take the offer again despite that my life was in jeopardy in Nigeria. I cried and ‘crewed’. I became a shadow of myself and would’ve failed the MSc completely if not for…

I promised to share my experience when I saw that post then and was in the same conundrum as the OP. I am happy I finally got the fortitude to share.
Re: Chevening Scholarship Or A N240k Job? by being(m): 7:04pm On Jul 07, 2023
Damolaskynov:
Bruv,

It's a no-brainer.

Chevening, Chevening, Chevening , Chevening.....

That 240k job is a mirage
Can u pls tell him the possible scenarios after his UK masters?
No brainer kọ, ní brainer nii
Re: Chevening Scholarship Or A N240k Job? by Joyglo: 1:33pm On Feb 04
Do one have to return to Nigeria and stay for two years before applying for PhD or finish and apply for PhD immediately without not relocating back to Nigeria

PepsiBoy:
Re: Chevening Scholarship Or A N240k Job? by alamercy: 3:39pm On Mar 19
I am in the same situation. I was offered a scholarship for PhD in the US, and I am working in a good place (Government Job) in the power sector in Nigeria. Can I go ahead and do my PhD or forget about PhD and concentrate on my job? I need people's candid opinions, please. I am still contemplating on what to do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Narrates How Lagos Bus Conductor Returned Her Purse And Even Sent An Email / N-Power Volunteers, How Are You Coping Without March Stipend During Lockdown? / What Skill I Can I Learn In 3 Months While I Wait For NYSC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.