Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,139 members, 7,829,071 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Why Did God Let My Mum Die Despite Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Let My Mum Die Despite Prayer (1018 Views)

Bamise Ayanwole:why Did God Let His Daughter Down? / What Happened After My Mum's Death / Why Did God Let My Mum Get Cancer Suffer And Die Age 52 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did God Let My Mum Die Despite Prayer by 2morogobeta(f): 8:15am On Feb 16, 2018
Why
Re: Why Did God Let My Mum Die Despite Prayer by prospero5(m): 8:30am On Feb 16, 2018
girl, you can cry since there is no shame in tears but try to be in control of your emotions.
i can feel your pain.
God loves you
Re: Why Did God Let My Mum Die Despite Prayer by Ebios(m): 8:34am On Feb 16, 2018
Take heart in d lst place...
Anything that has to do wit death is best known to God... so don't query Him...

Yes,u prayed but d Bible says..."for it is appointed unto man to die once..."(Heb 9:27) Take it that it was d appointed time

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Let My Mum Die Despite Prayer by shadeyinka(m): 9:33am On Feb 16, 2018
I am so sorry for your loss.
I pray that the Holy Spirit will comfort you.
2morogobeta:
Why
It could be that your mum made the final choice.

Lets assume that your mum was given a glimpse of heaven. And then, she was asked
"...brethren are praying on earth for your return, what do you choose?"
By this time, your Mum is filled with wisdom and the knowledge of the vanities of life. The things important to you and me are irrelevant to her (like walking you down the aisle, carrying her granddaughter, you buying her a house etc)

"...is that your final answer because your people are praying?"

Yes!

"...how about your children, your husband, your friends...?"

Your grace oh Lord is enough for them. They will manage!

Stay blessed Sis!
Everyone of us will pass through the door of death and none of us know the time.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Let My Mum Die Despite Prayer by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 16, 2018
don't worry. tomorrow will be better
Re: Why Did God Let My Mum Die Despite Prayer by HigherEd: 6:24pm On Feb 16, 2018
Sorry dear. Such things happen. But know that she is in a better place. A place of joy and no tears. Someday you would get to see her again. Just don't let sorrow weigh you down
Re: Why Did God Let My Mum Die Despite Prayer by jerflakes(m): 7:19pm On Feb 16, 2018
2morogobeta:
Why

God works in mysterious ways

3 Likes

Re: Why Did God Let My Mum Die Despite Prayer by danvon(m): 7:52pm On Feb 16, 2018
And who promised you immortality on earth? I agree with freeze prosperity doctrine is from the pits of hell
Re: Why Did God Let My Mum Die Despite Prayer by nans24: 9:31pm On Feb 16, 2018
felixomor a.k.a felix-0-m0r0n a.k.a felix-0-slowpoke.

Could there be an answer to this question. Or are you just what you are naturally?? Nothing but A slowpoke who defends flamboyant rich pastors?

Lmao!!
Re: Why Did God Let My Mum Die Despite Prayer by Uyi168: 10:17pm On Feb 16, 2018
jerflakes:

God works in mysterious ways
..mysterious and inefficient ways..

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Let My Mum Die Despite Prayer by jerflakes(m): 10:18pm On Feb 16, 2018
Uyi168:
..mysterious and inefficient ways..

As long as its mysterious, that's OK for me

3 Likes

Re: Why Did God Let My Mum Die Despite Prayer by Richirich713: 8:17am On Feb 17, 2018
Everyone mother dies, it's a sad and painful truth for all of us. You just got to be strong and cherish the memories you have of her.
Re: Why Did God Let My Mum Die Despite Prayer by terrezo2002(m): 8:32am On Feb 17, 2018
No one is immune to pains. Everyone suffers, both Christians and non Christians. Everyone dies both Christians and non Christians. It will continue like this until Jesus Christ comes. It is not wise to grumble or complain against God when we suffer loss.
If Jesus Christ Himself could suffer pains; if His Apostles could suffer pains and there are still many who love God so dearly suffering from one pain or the other. We too should expect it.
God allows it when we go through suffering and pains so we can learn, be strong and become better people. We are surrounded by many things that attacks us, but God doesn't allow all to come to us. He allows the one He knows we can bear.
What should then be your reactions to life?
Ecclesiastes 7:14
When you prosper, rejoice, but when adversity comes, consider...
When you are happy---praise God
Difficult times---seek God
Quiet moments----Worship God
Painful moments--- Trust God
Every moments---- Thank God
God is more interested in your character than your comfort. He is more interested in what we become than what we have.
Lastly, know this. All things work together for good to them that love God and are called according to His purpose Romans 8:28
God bless you
Re: Why Did God Let My Mum Die Despite Prayer by Slikbae: 9:14am On Feb 17, 2018
You're an idiot.
nans24:

Could there be an answer to this question. Or are you just what you are naturally?? Nothing but A slowpoke who defends flamboyant rich pastors?

Lmao!!

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Let My Mum Die Despite Prayer by N0T0RI0US: 9:33am On Feb 17, 2018
Pele dear, praying is like gambling...
Re: Why Did God Let My Mum Die Despite Prayer by DeSepiero(m): 9:47am On Feb 17, 2018
If God's will shall always be done, why pray?
Re: Why Did God Let My Mum Die Despite Prayer by sonofluc1fer: 10:02am On Feb 17, 2018
nans24:

Lmao!!
You think they care about this kind of Christianity?
Na..na tithe and other nonsense dem sabi. This Christian part about caring and loving for each other na Old school Christianity.. e no fit work for Naija..
Re: Why Did God Let My Mum Die Despite Prayer by nans24: 9:28am On Feb 18, 2018
Slikbae:
I am an idiot.
Yes you are!
Re: Why Did God Let My Mum Die Despite Prayer by Empredboy(m): 9:38am On Feb 18, 2018
follow Christ teachings my brother. christ never promised us long life if we follow him instead he promised us eternal life. it's well and take heart

(1) (Reply)

: How Prophet Samuel Akinbodunse Predicted Death Of Bishop Alexander Ezeugo / Croatia Did Not Pray Once, Nigeria Prayed Three Times / I Need Prayer Warriors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.