Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section (32818 Views)

Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? / Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture / Pregnant Woman In Need Of Emergency C-section Turned Away By Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by panpan(m): 9:27am On Feb 17, 2018
wirinet:

The bolded red quote is a sad commentary on the state of our medical profession and in fact all professionals in Nigeria. A doctor advising patients to seek medical advise from a pastor has zero medical knowledge. The Doctor's license should be withdrawn.
The doctor did not advise the pregnant woman to seek medical advice from a pastor. Before the caesarian section could be carried out, consent had to obtained from the woman (or her husband). Consent for the operation was not given in this case.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by semyman: 9:29am On Feb 17, 2018
Na their ways, so that money for tithe and offerings no go reduce
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 17, 2018
easiest:
Upon a story like this many gullible will still carry there Bible tomorrow Sunday and go church.
The incident is not enough reason to abstain from church. The problem is just that people don't make use of common sense. The only reason through the pastor's nose.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by peacettw: 9:29am On Feb 17, 2018
I have witnessed countless lives needlessly lost cos they listened to their pastors. Is it really that hard to apply common sense rather than blindly believing tall tales from these so called pastors?

Oh well.....I hope the family is wiser but I very much doubt it. I am pretty sure the pastor has found another reason/victim to blame for this. Bunch of nitwits

3 Likes

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by KardinalZik(m): 9:30am On Feb 17, 2018
ShadowFighter:
Even the bible says, ''Faith without work is dead''.

She had faith and she added the work to it by pushing until she lost all energy and died.

Thus, in her case, faith with work is death!

Sometimes, both faith and work aren't yours to exercise. The doctor had the faith that CS (which, in this case is the only possible fruitful work) is the only option.

THE PASTOR FRUSTRATED THE DOCTOR'S EFFORTS.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by ContentedK: 9:31am On Feb 17, 2018
Asowari:
shutup grin
its not funny man.....that shit you wrote there was way too wrong

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by ContentedK: 9:31am On Feb 17, 2018
Asowari:
shutup grin
its not funny man.....that shit you wrote there's way too wrong
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by soonest(f): 9:31am On Feb 17, 2018
Asowari:
well she is a dumb woman, her dumbness has cause her, her death
I agree. This keeps happening even among educated peeps. During my service year, we lost a midwife due to uterine rupture. She had a pervious scar, doctor told her to come for a second CS but pastor said otherwise. Her uterus ruptured in the prayer house b4 she could be rushed to the hospital, she gave up. Her hubby is a nurse too.
Sad! Very sad! There ought to be enlightenment campaign, radio jingles and the rest.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by Pat081: 9:31am On Feb 17, 2018
uglodoh:
Pastors destroying homes and the sheeples foolishly following them.
my sister not only Pastors some non Church goer blive in dia Alfe or Alh too
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:32am On Feb 17, 2018
If we say many sheeple re in bondage dey will say we re against the church..

3 Likes

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by Shigabs(m): 9:33am On Feb 17, 2018
Bhelamblog:
This is completely Heartbreaking, I Pregnant woman has died because she heed to her pastor's words, who ordered her not to go for C-Section..
For starters, the Doctors told the woman that her baby was on the wrong side of the womb, and so for that he strongly adviced her to go for C-section, But she told him she needed to confirm from her pastor, The Pastor prayed, and told her that she should never try a C-section, Because it is for Non-Christian, that she must give birth like the Hebrew Woman.. But sadly she lost her life, and the baby too.. so sad, her cousin shared the heartbreaking new on SM.

Read below!

News From Ebiwali-- http://www.ebiwalismoment.com/2018/02/heartbreaking-pregnant-woman-dies-after.html

At times poverty will make you heed to your pastors advice mistaking it for faith. Probably the lady was not having the money that comes with C.S, so she opted for the pastors cheap side. If not I can't just imagine why somebody will intentionally play chess with her life when a professional in that field has given you the exact state of things. RIP anyway.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by ShadowFighter: 9:33am On Feb 17, 2018
KardinalZik:

She had faith and she added the work to it by pushing until she lost all energy and died.

Thus, in her case, faith with work is death!

Sometimes, both faith and work aren't yours to exercise. The doctor had the faith that CS (which, in this case is the only possible fruitful work) is the only option.

THE PASTOR FRUSTRATED THE DOCTOR'S EFFORTS.

Which work did she do? She just had blind faith that she will deliver naturally, which eventually cost her, her life.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 17, 2018
After Boko Haram and the Fulani Herdsmen, Nigerian Pastors are the next dangerous menace to the life of Nigerians.

Sadly many so called married women have more respect for their pastors than their own husbands.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by tosyne2much(m): 9:35am On Feb 17, 2018
There's a parallel line between over-spirituality and stupidity and that's many people have lost their lives carelessly due to over-spirituality.

I mean, how would someone be ill and will fail to go for medical check up because their pastors have told them that it's against the doctrine of their church to seek medical attention?

A thing like this can only happen in Nigeria where people carry their pastors on their heads

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by Lomprico2: 9:36am On Feb 17, 2018
I blame her stupid husband, that is if she was married. angry

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by Kassidy90(m): 9:36am On Feb 17, 2018
That's how one woman has been deceiving herself since about 2 years now she has Fibromyomata(Fibroid) and was asked to go for surgery to remove them cos she's looking for baby but she refused and has been going from mountain to mountain for miracle but each time she comes back for re - scan d result is always d same...

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by Androidvillaz: 9:39am On Feb 17, 2018
Things like this make me Mad

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by arinzest: 9:39am On Feb 17, 2018
Pity many do not understand the sad reality of our healthcare system.

As an obstetrician, I have seen women die or become horribly messed up due to religion. The pastor that quotes Hebrew women to you, what of his wife? Did the silly woman actually read this passage she was scammed out of her life with?

Women die in childbirth in this country a lot and religion contributes a lot. From the Muslim woman that will not permit vaginal examination during fasting to the Jehovah witness dying in hypovolemic shock but refusing blood. It's a pity.

For some asking for the doctor's license, you are wrong. No doctor can operate on a patient without consent. In developed countries, doctors approach courts to force the patient to have the procedure.

In 2008, a consultant got a judge to authorize blood transfusion to a baby of Jehovah witness parents in Gwagwalada. He got death threats

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by kenyguy(m): 9:42am On Feb 17, 2018
Blinding ignorance does miss lead us, oh mortal man open your eyes.
#Thedavincicode
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by Lomprico2: 9:43am On Feb 17, 2018
Asowari:
good 4 her if am her husband I won't even buried her dead body

Do u knw its d stupid man's fault!
If u were in his shoes tell me honestly what will be ur take when d fake pastor adviced her no to do cs?
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by Baawaa(m): 9:44am On Feb 17, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Our Nairaland Christians can wake the woman up from the dead, after all Jesus said his believers would do "greater works" than he did and promised them they'll get whatever they asked for in his name so long they have faith
Distance is no excuse as Jesus healed the centurion's servant from long distance

let's check the bible for those promises about faith and prayer

Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22)

Jesus also reiterated it again

Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20)

and again

Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25)

and again

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14)

and again

(Matthew 17:20 For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.) then whatever you ask for in prayer will be granted, there are obviously only a few options available.

if the above verses were true, there are obviously only a few options available for Christians to chose after watching their prayers fail over and over again to wake dead people up;

1) the Bible is wrong, Jesus never said these things

2) the Bible is right, Jesus said these things but Jesus was wrong

3) the Bible is right, Jesus said these things but Jesus lied

4) no one who prayed for anything that actually required god's intervention - like amputees - had any faith (Salamanders and Starfish grow back lost limbs all the time. And they never even heard of Jesus)

5) the Bible is just a collection of myths & fables & Yahweh, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Satan doesn't exist

Take your pick
Bible is very correct,you quoting bible is not new even Satan quoted Bible

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by Lomprico2: 9:47am On Feb 17, 2018
Larrykaysail:
maybe the husband no get money for CS

And d dubious pastor no wan help from d tithe whey he don collect that why he wash dia head with d hebrew story.

Some people are just plain evil. angry
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by Praktikals(m): 9:49am On Feb 17, 2018
Asowari:
You will buried your dead English instead.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by Lomprico2: 9:50am On Feb 17, 2018
Sheunma:
who is a hubby in the presence of MOG angry

The hubby is after Christ!! Who da fucçk is MOG??
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by Lomprico2: 9:51am On Feb 17, 2018
wirinet:

The bolded red quote is a sad commentary on the state of our medical profession and in fact all professionals in Nigeria. A doctor advising patients to seek medical advise from a pastor has zero medical knowledge. The Doctor's license should be withdrawn.

Pls read what u highlighted in red but this time very careful.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by Lomprico2: 9:52am On Feb 17, 2018
Lilimax:
Any woman that does not does not know the essence of marriage.
After God, the next person in any married woman's life is her hubby except she doesn't know the reason for marriage.
You must not place your pastor before your husband embarassed

Gbam!
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by BushWickBill: 9:53am On Feb 17, 2018
This saddening thing happens all the time.

I remember as a little boy how a neighbor lost his wife.
She had breast cancer. The diagnosis was surgery to perform a mastectomy.
Husband (a university lecturer o) decided to listen to a prophecy by a so-called prophet that she would be healed.
When her case got worse, they rushed her to UCH but by that time it was too late.

This discarding of the brain when it comes to "God's word" as it were is my problem with Pentecostal Christianity today. I don't doubt the efficacy off God's word. But I think it is being misinterpreted and being thoroughly abused by its paddlers in human form.

So sad

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by Peter1900(m): 10:02am On Feb 17, 2018
Larrykaysail:
maybe the husband no get money for CS

you have a point there

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by Pesuzok(m): 10:11am On Feb 17, 2018
Asowari:

Where was the husband? Ignorant couple
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by tosyne2much(m): 10:12am On Feb 17, 2018
wirinet:

You can't blame the pastor bro
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by tosyne2much(m): 10:23am On Feb 17, 2018
soonest:

I agree. This keeps happening even among educated peeps. During my service year, we lost a midwife due to uterine rupture. She had a pervious scar, doctor told her to come for a second CS but pastor said otherwise. Her uterus ruptured in the prayer house b4 she could be rushed to the hospital, she gave up. Her hubby is a nurse too.
Sad! Very sad! There ought to be enlightenment campaign, radio jingles and the rest.
[i] Can you just imagine that nonsense? And that is how many will continue to lose their lives because they place their pastors above their doctors in medical related issues

Any woman that carries religion on her head or places her pastor before me is leaving my house.

That we believe in God does not mean we shouldn't make use of our common sense

5 Likes

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by eyinjuege: 10:30am On Feb 17, 2018
wirinet:

The bolded shows the Dr advised a csec, but she said she was going to confirm from her pastor. The dr never advised her to go seek help elsewhere. He advised a csection.
Should her dr have held her down and stopped her from leaving his consultation against her will?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Will Impose Fresh Nationwide Lockdown If COVID-19 Cases Continue To Rise- PTF / Youngest Birth / Coronavirus: Chikwe Ihekweazu Quarantined (Nigeria Disease Control Agency Boss)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.