Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,758 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section (32821 Views)

Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? / Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture / Pregnant Woman In Need Of Emergency C-section Turned Away By Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by jedisco(m): 10:30am On Feb 17, 2018
wirinet:

The bolded red quote is a sad commentary on the state of our medical profession and in fact all professionals in Nigeria. A doctor advising patients to seek medical advise from a pastor has zero medical knowledge. The Doctor's license should be withdrawn.

Before castigating doctors, you should brush up your reading and comprehension skills.
The fact that perhaps you are the only person who could not understand the post out of hundreds that read it goes a long way to show the level of your IQ

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by Nobody: 10:33am On Feb 17, 2018
If the pastor nor derail flock,how he wan take make money?People Wey don craze finish.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by kollinpowel(m): 10:39am On Feb 17, 2018
Hmmmmm make I just shut up now b4 person go come kidnap me for my room. Hmmmmm pastor's.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by ekestic1976(f): 10:42am On Feb 17, 2018
pyyxxaro:
Where her hubby de when the pastor de deceive the woman undecided

Where was Adam when the Serpent was "dancing cheek to cheek" with Eve?

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by Nobody: 10:42am On Feb 17, 2018
Nwodosis:
If married women can obey their husbands as they obey their pastors, the joy in every marriage will be fulfilled!
BEST statement.
But they will not because their SKULLs are filled with Potor-Potor
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by SpaceAngel: 10:44am On Feb 17, 2018
When I see such news I go nuts. Didn't the pastor see where it is written thou shall not put the Lord to test? God gave the doctors intelligence to heal people and should be used. I'm sure the pastor will use eyeglass if need be or take tablets too. The lady just committed suicide assisted by pastor angry

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by EvangelistNdudi(m): 10:54am On Feb 17, 2018
UnknownT:
Giving birth like a Hebrew women is one myth in the bible that many Christians have seen as been truth. The midwives never wanted to be part of Pharoah's killings so they devised that lie to pharoah to keep the new born hebrew male safe
RIP
Exodus 1:17 explains why
May God continue to increase your knowledge in Jesus name
my brother, there are PASTORS and there are pastors
We can only differentiate them by studying our bible with open heart

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by OgahBohz: 11:02am On Feb 17, 2018
pyyxxaro:

good question...!?

I can't imagine one pastor telling my wife how to give birth to MY OWN CHILD ..

its not even possible sef ...

haa,, abi aye pastor na fe baje ni ...

50 men shall fall that day!

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by OgahBohz: 11:05am On Feb 17, 2018
EVILFOREST:
BEST statement. But they will not because their SKULLs are filled with Potor-Potor

asn ehen ...thick thick, black potor potor
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by drmuri(m): 11:08am On Feb 17, 2018
so sad. this century ppl are still this foolish. the unfortunate thing is the hypocrisy of the men of God who patronize the best health facility for their own challenge

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by emecheboy2(m): 11:21am On Feb 17, 2018
Wisdom is profitable and directs.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by lurdkriss: 11:22am On Feb 17, 2018
When a pastor thinks he knows the work of a doctor more than a doctor......

Is she married, where was her husband when she was taking the pastors advice

Rip to the deceased.....

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by wirinet(m): 11:23am On Feb 17, 2018
eyinjuege:

The bolded shows the Dr advised a csec, but she said she was going to confirm from her pastor. The dr never advised her to go seek help elsewhere. He advised a csection.
Should her dr have held her down and stopped her from leaving his consultation against her will?

My apologies, was working and at the same time reading and commenting. Furthermore, I guess I was overly emotional at the needless loss of lives (mother and baby). If we were in a sane country, an investigation and an autopsy would be carried out to determine the actual cause of death and those responsible.

Which hospital or nursing home responsible for the delivery against doctors advice? What of the husband, why did he allow the wife to undergo normal delivery against doctors advice? Maybe it is a problem of finance.

Finally the governments needs to do something about the exorbitant and exploitative cost of cs, even in public hospitals. It encourages couples to go spiritual to solve simple maternity problems.

Once again apologies to doctors in the house.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by smith666999(m): 11:31am On Feb 17, 2018
Splinz:
embarassed cry
That fraud of a pastor must be send to kirikiri immediately!

"send" or "sent" ?

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by eyinjuege: 11:32am On Feb 17, 2018
wirinet:

My apologies, was working and at the same time reading and commenting. Furthermore, I guess I was overly emotional at the needless loss of lives (mother and baby). If we were in a sane country, an investigation and an autopsy would be carried out to determine the actual cause of death and those responsible.

Which hospital or nursing home responsible for the delivery against doctors advice? What of the husband, why did he allow the wife to undergo normal delivery against doctors advice? Maybe it is a problem of finance.

Finally the governments needs to do something about the exorbitant and exploitative cost of cs, even in public hospitals. It encourages couples to go spiritual to solve simple maternity problems.

Once again apologies to doctors in the house.

She alone was reaponsible for her living and dying. Their family had 9 months to prepare for the birth of the child. Even if no money for a CS, they had the option of going to a govt hospital, where the prices are cheaper. She chose not to, rather went somewhere else.
It was a conscious informed decision she made, because i believe for her dr to have recommended a CS, he must have told her why.
Unfortunately, she paid with her life. It was however her decision. Personally, i feel it was a stupid decision, but i definitely respect it. It was her life, her death.

Talking of exorbitance of charges for health services, Nigeria is one of the cheapest service providers worldwide.
A normal delivery in the US was about $3000 years ago, if you were paying cash down. And that was even cheap.
You cannot pay cheaply, and expect good service. Anything good comes with a price. Even in systems where healthcare is cheap abroad, someone is paying heavily- those who work and pay taxes.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by wirinet(m): 11:33am On Feb 17, 2018
UnknownT:
Giving birth like a Hebrew women is one myth in the bible that many Christians have seen as been truth. The midwives never wanted to be part of Pharoah's killings so they devised that lie to pharoah to keep the new born hebrew male safe
RIP
Exodus 1:17 explains why

Please explain what giving birth like a Hebrew woman mean? Does it mean Hebrew women in ancient israel gave birth in ways different from other women? Was Caesarian section available in ancient Israel?

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 17, 2018
Pesuzok:

Where was the husband? Ignorant couple
some women listen to dere pastors more than there husbands

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by Nobody: 11:39am On Feb 17, 2018
Praktikals:

You will buried your dead English instead.
I have said wat I wat to say go kill urself wit English
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by Sinof(m): 11:54am On Feb 17, 2018
Most Nigerians Play That Religious Card With Their Health Especially When There Is No Cash To Foot Expensive Bills 4 Some Medical Procedures. How Can The Pastor Tell Her She Must Deliver Like The Hebrew Woman When He(the Pastor) Cannot Divide The Sea Like Moses Did? Why Did She Even Go 4 Medical Checkup When The Hebrew Woman Didnt Attend Any Ante-natal? Even The T D Jakes, Kumuyis, Oyedepos, Adeboyes And The T B Joshuas Of This World Still Go For Steady Medical Checkups And Treatments Even When They Know Of The Potency Of Faith And Prayers. Some People Just Choose To Be Gullible.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by Martinez19(m): 11:56am On Feb 17, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Our Nairaland Christians can wake the woman up from the dead, after all Jesus said his believers would do "greater works" than he did and promised them they'll get whatever they asked for in his name so long they have faith
Distance is no excuse as Jesus healed the centurion's servant from long distance

let's check the bible for those promises about faith and prayer

Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22)

Jesus also reiterated it again

Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20)

and again

Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25)

and again

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14)

and again

(Matthew 17:20 For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.) then whatever you ask for in prayer will be granted, there are obviously only a few options available.

if the above verses were true, there are obviously only a few options available for Christians to chose after watching their prayers fail over and over again to wake dead people up;

1) the Bible is wrong, Jesus never said these things

2) the Bible is right, Jesus said these things but Jesus was wrong

3) the Bible is right, Jesus said these things but Jesus lied

4) no one who prayed for anything that actually required god's intervention - like amputees - had any faith (Salamanders and Starfish grow back lost limbs all the time. And they never even heard of Jesus)

5) the Bible is just a collection of myths & fables & Yahweh, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Satan doesn't exist

Take your pick
I doubt if they will adhere. Infact some theists are already heaping blame on the woman.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by bengasyl(m): 11:58am On Feb 17, 2018
Bhelamblog:
This is completely Heartbreaking, I Pregnant woman has died because she heed to her pastor's words, who ordered her not to go for C-Section..
For starters, the Doctors told the woman that her baby was on the wrong side of the womb, and so for that he strongly adviced her to go for C-section, But she told him she needed to confirm from her pastor, The Pastor prayed, and told her that she should never try a C-section, Because it is for Non-Christian, that she must give birth like the Hebrew Woman.. But sadly she lost her life, and the baby too.. so sad, her cousin shared the heartbreaking new on SM.

Read below!

News From Ebiwali-- http://www.ebiwalismoment.com/2018/02/heartbreaking-pregnant-woman-dies-after.html

This is foolishness at its peak
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by AntiWailer: 12:00pm On Feb 17, 2018
Have they arrested the Pastor and the Foolish husband ?
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by isblog(m): 12:00pm On Feb 17, 2018
Many pastors and spiritual leaders misinterpret the Bible and by so doing mislead their brethren. Ex 1:17 and Down to the end explains the phrase "like the Hebrew women".

There was a reason the midwives made the statement and it helped to foil Pharaoh's plan which was to eliminate the children of the Hebrew because they were gaining in population.

Theses days many pastors twist this passage of Bible just to make their members do their bidding. Most are unlucky and die trying, some get timely intervention in the hospitals, few end up giving birth and suffering complications later in life.

Medical Doctors aren't zombies. They practice evidenced based medicine. When he or she has been able to explain your case to you and has further given you his medical advice please harken to it. If uou need further clarification then you can ask questions or seek a second or third opinion from other medical Doctors, even the more senior ones.

Yes faith as a Christian exists and with compassion too Christ healed the sick and did a lot of miracles. Miracles do exist too but this "Hebrew women " phrase has increased the Maternity rate in this country and this is partly due to many fake pastors we have around and many gullible Christians who fail to search the Scriptures and allow the Holy spirit give them understanding.

May her soul rest in peace.

#hearword
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by bengasyl(m): 12:01pm On Feb 17, 2018
[s]
orbitalgis:
If the pastor nor derail flock,how he wan take make money?People Wey don craze finish.
[/s] k[center][/center][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#770077][/color]
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by Pataricatering(f): 12:05pm On Feb 17, 2018
kinibigdeal:
Her faith was faint angry
keep quiet pls ! When did a pastor become a doctor ?
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by Raylight2(m): 12:16pm On Feb 17, 2018
Instead of the pastor to test his faith with small headache or stomach pain, he was rather testing with a delicate issue. nawa o

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by UnknownT: 12:28pm On Feb 17, 2018
wirinet:

Please explain what giving birth like a Hebrew woman mean? Does it mean Hebrew women in ancient israel gave birth in ways different from other women? Was Caesarian section available in ancient Israel?
Pharoah instructed the Egyptian midwives to kill any male child that was born by any hebrew woman but let the female child live. But the Egyptian midwives feared God and never wanted to be a part of Pharoah's plan, so they kept delivering both male and female, when Pharoah noticed, he asked but they "lied" to him that the Hebrew women delivered their children before they the midwives could come around.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 17, 2018
St.upidity at its peak.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by oruma19: 12:59pm On Feb 17, 2018
pyyxxaro:
many demons wearing suit calling themselves pastor...OK na. And the mumu husband, parents accepted the order from pastor. What a life
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by Fourwinds: 1:16pm On Feb 17, 2018
pyyxxaro:
a very good question
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by Praktikals(m): 1:17pm On Feb 17, 2018
Asowari:
I have said wat I wat to say go kill urself wit English
wat did you wat to say?
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section by wirinet(m): 1:18pm On Feb 17, 2018
UnknownT:
Pharoah instructed the Egyptian midwives to kill any male child that was born by any hebrew woman but let the female child live. But the Egyptian midwives feared God and never wanted to be a part of Pharoah's plan, so they kept delivering both male and female, when Pharoah noticed, he asked but they "lied" to him that the Hebrew women delivered their children before they the midwives could come around.

Ok, but how does this relate to cs? How did this pastor relate this story to Christian women not eligible to undergoing cs?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Will Impose Fresh Nationwide Lockdown If COVID-19 Cases Continue To Rise- PTF / Coronavirus: Chikwe Ihekweazu Quarantined (Nigeria Disease Control Agency Boss) / Man Paralyzed After Policeman Shot Him - Viewers Discretion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.