Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Da Grin Is Dead! - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Da Grin Is Dead! (74926 Views)

Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) / I Heard Da Grin Is Dead : Please Somebody Confirm! / General Pype – Champion (the Remix) Ft Naeto C, Da Grin, Sasha, Gt The Guitarman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by 9jauk: 9:38am On Apr 23, 2010
wow,i enjoy watching him in my lounge sitting on leather sofa in uk on HITV may his soul R I P.
We all gona go one day ye shall not talk Evil of the DEAd.
Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 23, 2010
What a horrible night! And when I wake I realise its still not a dream. Dapo your death pain me o! Walahi, you left wayyyyyyyyy too early.
This is one artist who had all bars sick on every verse on every song released. Just got off the fone with my sister and i'm in tears again after we spoke about him. GOD WHY??
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Linguist(f): 9:45am On Apr 23, 2010
may His soul rest in perfect peace. i pray God should give His family the fortitude to bear the loss. cry shocked sad sad
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by BlackEbony(m): 9:47am On Apr 23, 2010
so its true, na wa o! another rising star in the entertainment industry bites the dust, Chief Executive Omota! RIP.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by olo2gbenga(m): 9:51am On Apr 23, 2010
May his soul rest in perfect peace. Death's an innevitable price we all have to pay. Dagrin lives on in our minds.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Martinxmart(m): 9:52am On Apr 23, 2010
Shiitttt,

I just cant stop the tears from flowing, Another closed casket,
RIP Homie
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 23, 2010
My mom loves this guy! Whenever we spoke on the phone, rather than to say hello she'd start singing "mommy mi o si ni ile, daddy me o si ni ile". She's yoruba and she understood Kondo's lyrical content but she sang it without hesitation (even though her devotion to Jesus is unbelievable). I lost someone very special yesterday and I'm going to mourn you like you were my brother Da grin. This thing dey pain me seriously
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by fellabrims: 9:55am On Apr 23, 2010
God help us all. . .
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Jizzy(m): 9:58am On Apr 23, 2010
[b][/b] embarassed cry
R.I.P my champion
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Moyola(f): 9:59am On Apr 23, 2010
dunno him! sad Buh then May His Soul Rest In Peace!!!
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Rmc1(m): 10:02am On Apr 23, 2010
Death why ?
Death why ?
Death why ?
cry cry cry cry cry

R.I.P   SOJA
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by aileru(m): 10:06am On Apr 23, 2010
am so sick hearing this thing. sad dis is a lesson to everyone of us
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Kennyblues(m): 10:07am On Apr 23, 2010
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry Rest In Peace Bro
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by U1(m): 10:08am On Apr 23, 2010
This is quite a shock to me. shocked shocked shocked I had just listen to a song of his last night on radio before I started hearing some guys shouting that he is dead, only to be confirmed shortly on a radio station here in Ibadan. sad sad May his soul rest in perfect peace, in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by flakky234: 10:10am On Apr 23, 2010
it a pity that we lost him, may is gentle soul rest in perfect peace. i must be sincere that is really painful that we lost him, i was even think that that it was an expensive rumour u know there i was a time that we were like sayin yaradua is dead. to cut the story short wat has happen as happen
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by olayinkaj2(m): 10:15am On Apr 23, 2010
Though i don't know him too well but i just watch some of his videos, damn! a rare gem has been lost,very funny and talented, i just wish his family have enough capacity to bear his loss, hmmmmmm! May his gentle soul rest in peace.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by modnd3(m): 10:17am On Apr 23, 2010
Even Down Here in the South-South, Niger Delta

We All respect and Love DA' GRIN's Style of Music

His Was a Very Promising Young Man, Full of Vision and Talent.

DA' GRIN, also known as Olaitan has suffered in the past. And the only thing he knew was MUSIC.

He has just started ripping the fruits of his Hard Work. Unfortunately, he's gone!!!!

Good Bye DA' GRIN,

Uncle N
C.E.O. Nth Term music & style
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by beckylv(f): 10:20am On Apr 23, 2010
i learnt he had an accident when he was coming back from his studio, so when did he die?
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by sleekymag(m): 10:21am On Apr 23, 2010
RIP DaGrin, your talent was unquestionable. Am not really a fan of rap music but i always gave thumbs up to your rhymes even though i've never been too comfortable with the lyrical content (too hardcore 4 me). All the same i appreciate you and the impact you made. You were unique and original. Sad you had to go this way, may your soul rest in perfect peace. My advice to fellow nairalanders, please always drive safely, and avoid overspeeding. I lost my younger brother on xmas day 2009 to a car crash in Abuja, he just went out that morning to get fuel at the petrol station, the honda he was driving was completely destroyed, few hours later he gave up after being rushed to a general hospital. OJ, we still miss you.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by puskin: 10:24am On Apr 23, 2010
Chai!!!!! What a BIG loss. . . . . . . . .DA GRIN. . . . . . R.I.P
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by chelseabmw(m): 10:26am On Apr 23, 2010
[size=18pt]HE IS ALIVE, THANK GOD[/size]
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Dotman01(m): 10:26am On Apr 23, 2010
r.i.p in tears,
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by chelseabmw(m): 10:29am On Apr 23, 2010
Please stop the rumour.he is alive.click link below

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-435613.0.html
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 23, 2010
chelseabmw:

undecided don't play with peoples emotions like that. Its an old source
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by sleekymag(m): 10:31am On Apr 23, 2010
If he's alive, then thank God. I personally pray he survives it, that will be good news.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by faozidion: 10:32am On Apr 23, 2010
Mo ranti igbakan ti mo ma nkiri,
Ti nba de lati school mo must to kiri,

Eyah, DA GRIN u are one in a million artiste. May your gentle so rest in peace.

chelseabmw:

[size=18pt]HE IS ALIVE, THANK GOD[/size]

source pls!
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by oludashmi(f): 10:33am On Apr 23, 2010
I heard it this morning and felt so bad, R I P Dagrin
Just at the beginning of his life, death took him.

What a lawless country we are! This is what I keep saying about packing vehicles, especially Trucks, without caution sign or anything to indicate that danger is ahead whether in the day or night. If not the guy would have seen it at that 3:am. I learnt he was coming from an assignment and had called his family not to close the gate cos he was on his way.

Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by FBS: 10:35am On Apr 23, 2010
chelseabmw:

Thanks man. God bless you.

Cos man, I was in a state of SHOCK!!!

DAGRIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Oluwa ti segun fun e!
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by jaybee3(m): 10:39am On Apr 23, 2010
oludashmi:

I heard it this morning and felt so bad, R I P Dagrin
Just at the beginning of his life, death took him.

What a lawless country we are! This is what I keep saying about packing vehicles, especially Trucks, without caution sign or anything to indicate that danger is ahead whether in the day or night. If not the guy would have seen it at that 3:am. I learnt he was coming from an assignment and had called his family not to close the gate cos he was on his way.

At what speed does a moving vehicle has to collide with a static truck to make it vital?
Speed, drink driving kills
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by pentiumix1: 10:40am On Apr 23, 2010
Stop buying salvaged cars
If you have to buy tokunboh check the title through the vin and make sure the airbag has never deployed.(If that car had air bags on both sides and in front he'd probably be alive today)
If you buy some of this new kia's make sure it comes with airbag
Go for airbag check every 10 yrs
Just because the road is free doesn't mean you should test the limit of your speedometer.
Now we don't have anyone that can rap in yoruba anymore(without proverbs unlike 9ice)
The only guy segun who does it is no where to be found.(Lost in the western world)
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by A40(m): 10:40am On Apr 23, 2010
This piece of news phucked up ma nite and is still phuckin up my day! I doubt he was even up to 25 he was so down to earth if you pinged him on his BB he would respond whether u knew him or not! There was no forming or fronting, its these kind of stuff that gets me wondering why we are dying to live when we are just livin to die! He was destined for greatness. . . WTF am i saying? He was a Great already
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 23, 2010
FBS:

Thanks man. God bless you.

Cos man, I was in a state of SHOCK!!!

DAGRIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Oluwa ti segun fun e!

FBS, sorry to say, I really hate to admit it but he's gone. Check notjustok.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

Nigerian Idol: Dbanj’s Facial Expression Got People Talking / To Listen to Nigerian Music Online / Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.