Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Traditional Igbo Clothing - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Traditional Igbo Clothing (5106 Views)

Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage / A Nairalander's Traditional & Church Wedding / Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traditional Igbo Clothing by idashyou: 9:51pm On Apr 22, 2010
My husband is Igbo, and we have a 6 month old son. I would like to either make or buy an Igbo dress for my son to take pictures in. Do you know a website where I can either buy a dress, or a pattern to make him one myself? Thank you for your help!
Re: Traditional Igbo Clothing by ifyalways(f): 10:31pm On Apr 22, 2010
Where do u reside?
Are there no Igbo couples around u?they could help u locate a seamstress and even choose fabrics and material. undecided
Re: Traditional Igbo Clothing by idashyou: 10:39pm On Apr 22, 2010
I live in Utah and don't know any Igbo couples close by. My husband has a few Igbo friends here in the US, but they all live out of state!
Re: Traditional Igbo Clothing by davmor(m): 3:59am On Apr 23, 2010
idashyou:

I live in Utah and don't know any Igbo couples close by. My husband has a few Igbo friends here in the US, but they all live out of state!
I direct you, go to google and type igbo traditional wears.
Re: Traditional Igbo Clothing by idashyou: 4:27am On Apr 23, 2010
I tried that and see lots of pictures of Igbo dress, but no one selling.
Re: Traditional Igbo Clothing by davmor(m): 4:46am On Apr 23, 2010
idashyou:

I tried that and see lots of pictures of Igbo dress, but no one selling.
now in conjuct with your husband, try getting the materal and meet a tailor to sew any of those style you saw in the internet. I wil still check google more for u.
Re: Traditional Igbo Clothing by idashyou: 5:11am On Apr 23, 2010
OK, thank you.
Re: Traditional Igbo Clothing by davmor(m): 8:44am On Apr 23, 2010
idashyou:

OK, thank you.
I recommend you sew an up and down wrapper. Sew also a cap of the same materal for male and a head tye pieces of the same materal for female and with these you will get the Igbo fashion for your children. Am not a tailor sha, but use to the make of we Igbos. Good wishes.

(1) (Reply)

Her Parent Forced Her Into Marriage Only To Dicovered That he Is Impotent / Prayer For Those Looking For The Fruit Of The Womb / If You Think Your Kids Are Unbearable, Have A Look At These Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.