Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. (68793 Views)

Football Shows That Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s, '80s & 1990s / 50 Detective Shows That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s / 70 Comedy Shows That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by refreshrate: 10:08am On Feb 18, 2018
OP God bless you for this real good!

The moment I hit the number one item - secret service. I literally gushed!
That's the one about the priest who had one chap he used to shrink into a briefcase. the intro here didn't cover everything

I'm spending the better part of today on YouTube note.

once again thank you do much for the memories.

most of the others voltron and co I've watched not too long ago...but secret service!

Gerry Anderson God bless you too wherever you are!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by iamprotocol(m): 10:08am On Feb 18, 2018
Animal farm is not on this list why
Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by prettyangel10(f): 10:10am On Feb 18, 2018
Asowari:
grin lol u funny this cartoons I don't even know anyone of them

No worries then, I be your. mummy. Lol.
Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 18, 2018
prettyangel10:

No worries then, I be your. mummy. Lol.
I was born in the 190s ma, I said I didn't know these cartoons, I didn't said that u are my mother tongue
Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by jantavanta(m): 10:29am On Feb 18, 2018
Asowari:
I was born in the 190s ma, I said I didn't know these cartoons, I didn't said that u are my mother tongue

You don't want to be "mummyed" again online eh? smiley

They were my favourite cartoons as well, but have no worry, you won't be "daddyed"!

1 Like

Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by excel101(m): 10:30am On Feb 18, 2018
I was born in Lagos but moved to Delta State not long. I believed that this post is mend for those that lived or were born in Lagos in the 70s/early 80s. So please if you lived outside Lagos within this period just act like a spectator( cos then its not easy to live in Lagos) and read other peoples posts. Eko oni ba je.

If all I've said are not true, then those that lived in other states as @ then, say yes if you've watched up to 50% of these cartoons. I'm not talking to the indomie generation o/ 90's children, i mean the Treetop, Cerelac and Ribena generation/ 70s early 80s children

2 Likes

Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 18, 2018
jantavanta:

You don't want to be "mummyed" again online eh? smiley

They were my favourite cartoons as well, but have no worry, you won't be "daddyed"!
funny u grin
Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by akigbemaru: 10:33am On Feb 18, 2018
Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by valnelly(m): 10:34am On Feb 18, 2018
I don't like what OP just did to me. This post has made me remember that I'm old and need to settle down quick. BTW, I loved those good old days. NTA 2 channel 5, MITV and AIT showed most of these cartoons.

3 Likes

Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by Papadoh(m): 10:38am On Feb 18, 2018
Look at all these ancient people reminiscing about ancient stuff hahaha, I kid of course.
Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by correctguy101(m): 10:42am On Feb 18, 2018
I can't believe Jumbo and T&J didn't make the list. Penguin and Dalmatians 101 and a few I can think of.

our cartoons back then are a mess compared to what we have now
.. $mh

2 Likes

Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by thelegend1(m): 10:50am On Feb 18, 2018
Dear Op...God will bless you immensely within 30 days of this post. Thx for reminding us our untainted childhood

2 Likes

Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by Calistus85: 10:50am On Feb 18, 2018
op this is the best piece on NL so far this year. Thanks for the memories!
Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by ruboy(m): 10:55am On Feb 18, 2018
I can't find *Magic school bus * on the list..

1 Like

Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by prettyangel10(f): 10:55am On Feb 18, 2018
Asowari:

Ok. No problem. I was having fun.

1 Like

Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 18, 2018
prettyangel10:

Ok. No problem. I was having fun.
yea we all where
Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by Shaev7(m): 10:59am On Feb 18, 2018
This is serious. Real old. I watched 90% of the above listed. I think there's one too called Ako man, I don't know if I got the spelling, Pingu, Droopy, the Simpsons and few I can't remember especially when we licked eclairs sweet along. Lol.
Nigeria was good! we learnt not to be violent with these cartoons, now I can't really tell the type of cartoons that is aired now on DTSVs and Co. May God help us.

All the 1980s to 1990s in the house Like and Share!

6 Likes

Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by Shaev7(m): 11:00am On Feb 18, 2018
Calistus85:
op this is the best piece on NL so far this year. Thanks for the memories!
I am totally with you.

1 Like

Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by Shaev7(m): 11:01am On Feb 18, 2018
ruboy:
I can't find *Magic school bus * on the list..
Your brain dey dere. You remember that one too.
Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by ddjay: 11:02am On Feb 18, 2018
Narldon:

All Those born after 1990, Let's gather around for a brief Meeting...

we have to give you that permission first,so go and wait in the bedroom till we send for you

3 Likes

Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by ndustan(m): 11:03am On Feb 18, 2018
lsoul:
embarassed these thread bring back old memories chai
I can remember I watched
Danger mouse
Scoby doo
Godzilla‎
Muppet show
Fraggle rock
Muppet babies
Sesame street
Spider man
Voltron
Battle of planet ( G-force)
Superted
Pigeon street
Atom ant
Mighty mouse
The chuckle hound, ( two dumb black n yellow dog)
Birdman 
Secret squirel
Bertha, ( Bertha lovely Bertha, your a loving machine)
Jaber saw

I can see remember some cartoons but can't remember their names which are not here.
one I think is therasus or so, can't get the spelling, @ the end of the cartoon they play one X an 0 game. I think one character name is zero or so

another of I can remember is jimbo. Jimbo is abt plane‎

‎

Danger Mouse
Inspector gadget
Top Cat
Etc

1 Like

Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:06am On Feb 18, 2018
you did not add G-Force
Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by chubbyman(m): 11:06am On Feb 18, 2018
All this 4pm cartoons bring back the good times,when the world was so much simpler,hmmm watch at least 80% of these cartoons back in the day

2 Likes

Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by Nobody: 11:20am On Feb 18, 2018
naptu2:
The guy who provided the voice for Danger Mouse, Sir David Jason, was also the star of many sitcoms on LTV in the 1980s, eg "A Sharp Intake of Breath".

The Greatest talent of them all was Mel Blanc. The man did lots of voice overs...Bugs Bunny, Road runner,Daffy duck, Porky pig, Speedy Gonzales and many characters from Looney tunes. He was the soul of cartoons, A true legend.

3 Likes

Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by persius555(m): 11:26am On Feb 18, 2018
wink2015:
Lets leave this CARTOON NEWS and digress a little and look at the achievement of the socalled government broadcasting network in Nigeria since inception.

In my own candid opinion, the NTA TELEVISION STATION and RADIO NIGERIA ( the radio arm of it ) have not grown or developed to International standard. It is still its OLD SCHOOL SELF not minding its integral role which is to champion federal government PROPAGANDA NEWS.

Take Radio Nigeria for example, they still strive on OBSOLETE BROADCASTING EQUIPMENT.

Switch on your SHORTWAVE RADIO BY 7:00 am and 4:00 pm to listen to radio Nigeria and see the defeaning sound and cracking sounds that come out of their news broadcast. You can NOT even hear the news the newscaster is reading.

MOST FM STATION can not even hook up to radio Nigeria because of the poor reception.

NIGERIA IS SO BACKWARD and UNDERDEVELOP due to corruption in high places.

Our procurement agencies with the connivance of most department head go and buy substandard broadcast equipment even though money was budgeted for quality and modern broadcast equipment.

ONLY FEW PEOPLE BORDER TO LISTEN TO NTA and RADIO NIGERIA as at today.

Multichoice have since rubbish our federal ministry of information and all its governmental agencies.

Wrong. A lot of nairalanders who were born in the 70s and 80s still watch NTA. You get nationwide news coverage on NTA news. Still as fresh as ever. The programme content might be archaic in nature but some of us do relate with its history.
OP, you just made my sunday. Waoh, what nostalgic feeling. I honestly feel like bring back the good old days.

1 Like

Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by BdorianGray(m): 11:27am On Feb 18, 2018
Wow! Op, lord have mercy! This is Nostalgic. I was a frequent viewer of these kiddies programme in the 80s on NTA2 channel 5&10. Like 80% of them all..esp Voltron. Superted-spotty grin.. Danger mouse..sesame street etc..
This post reminds me of other top tTV soaps and drama like behind the clouds, aya iya ko ko ko ko ko...New masq and village headmaster...
Na wah oh! The world is coming to an end oh grin...

1 Like

Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by klosety45: 11:39am On Feb 18, 2018
Cromcruach91:
I am old
I watched
Voltron(GoLion!) Thundersub(Blue Noah...a copy of StarBlazers, aka Space Battleship Yamato!) Fraggle Rock King Arthur Super Ted. Captain Scarlett! Dodo Great Space Coaster! Battle of the Planets (Science Ninja team Gatchaman!) Pigeon Street....

I am so old....what am I doing here!
naptu2....thanks a lot!
what is so sweet in being old.
Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by pizzlesbar: 11:40am On Feb 18, 2018
TO that guy saying he grew up watching Multichoice .. Multichoice came to Nigeria 1994. So don't even try to act old. You probably dont even know DBN that I think was the first Private station in Nigeria and even that was in the 90s. And same goes for the guys talking MiTv and AIT they came very much later. We are talking about days when it was only NTA (The national TV) and few State Stations. Even up to university days in Ife some state stations were still using CARDBOARD PAPER DRAWINGS to write MORNING NEWS on the background.

Though you will be luckier growing in Lagos because we had at least 3 NTAs. Nta channel 7, channel 10 and another nta maybe 3 or so . And the only state station LTV with co-location with Clapper Board later on. I don't know if that's how they spelled clapperboard. The choices were very limited. And they all closed 12am. Tv was 4pm to 12am everybody goes to sleep. And the weekend is better I think 9am to 12am.

There where no generators everywhere like this. I can't remember if electricity was better because it been a long time ago. But I know I dont see generators. If you got back from school early you would go to play football and when its 4 pm everybody disappears from the feilds.

2 Likes

Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by naptu2: 11:41am On Feb 18, 2018
valentineuwakwe:
you did not add G-Force

It's there. The name of the show is Battle of the Planets.

1 Like

Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by naptu2: 11:43am On Feb 18, 2018
BdorianGray:
Wow! Op, lord have mercy! This is Nostalgic. I was a frequent viewer of these kiddies programme in the 80s on NTA2 channel 5&10. Like 80% of them all..esp Voltron. Superted-spotty grin.. Danger mouse..sesame street etc..
This post reminds me of other top tTV soaps and drama like behind the clouds, aya iya ko ko ko ko ko...New masq and village headmaster...
Na wah oh! The world is coming to an end oh grin...

That's Koko Close.
Re: 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by naptu2: 11:49am On Feb 18, 2018
This was another regular holiday movie.

Animal Farm.

(Pigbrother is watching).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGCo5Tva39s

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

BBNaija: Meet The 2019 Big Brother Naija Housemates / BBNaija : Mercy And Tacha Fight, Gets Physical (Videos) / BBNaija: Bambam And Teddy A Caught Having Sex In The Toilet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.