Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,535 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Would You Obey Your Pastor When He Tells You To Leave Your Lucrative Job? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would You Obey Your Pastor When He Tells You To Leave Your Lucrative Job? (335 Views)

Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? / '9 Diseases Your Pastor Lies To You About' - Aroms Aigbehi / Is It Good To Advise A Pastor When You Feel He Has Done Something Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Obey Your Pastor When He Tells You To Leave Your Lucrative Job? by okrote4real: 11:19am On Feb 18, 2018
Sometimes I wonder who called some so-called men of God. While they say they receive a revelation to be pastors, it is believed 90 per cent of them called themselves.

A businesses partner of my wife during a discussion wanted an advise and said what do you want me to do. I need your advice.

According to him, he is into buying and selling of bags for women and men and this business of his has generated so much that he has built a wonderful house and also bought 3 buses that he uses for business.

His wife doesn't work because he has enough to cater for them and the children. He has sponsored them to university with his business and has never lacked for a day.

One day his pastor called him that he want to counsel him. He thought it would be something great because he has been a loyal member to the church.(Name withheld).
He went to visit him in his office and after prayers he said. "I want you to leave the business you are into because Yoruba people are not known for this kind of business," the pastor said with assurance but not to the admiration of the man.

According to him, he said this man must be confused because he has been doing this business for ages and he has helped people with it including his family and the church. He didn't say anything and went home.

He broke the news to the wife and she smiled and said" maybe it is time to stop the business " she said smiling while the husband said "I don't blame you , it is because you have never asked of anything without getting that is why you are saying this" . He went out and said only when the pastor provide a job that is 4times better that what he is presently doing. He will not listen to him.

http://okrote..com.ng/2018/02/would-you-obey-your-pastor-when-he.html?m=1
Re: Would You Obey Your Pastor When He Tells You To Leave Your Lucrative Job? by SOFTENGR: 11:24am On Feb 18, 2018
If it a dangerous job, I may he'd his advice, or the advice of any other well meaning person. If not, I will warn him seriously.
Re: Would You Obey Your Pastor When He Tells You To Leave Your Lucrative Job? by HausaOverlord: 11:28am On Feb 18, 2018
Nobody called 100% of these criminal pastors.
Re: Would You Obey Your Pastor When He Tells You To Leave Your Lucrative Job? by Nobody: 1:13am On Feb 19, 2018
There must be a reason why the pastor gave such advice hence he has the choice to choose whether to listen or not. Not all lucrative business are good

(1) (Reply)

Why ‎ Pastors Fail, And Ministries Crash (part 1) / Prayers / The Kingdom Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.