Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? (8404 Views)

List Of Ministers Who Plan To Travel Abroad After May 29 And Their "Excuses" / GEJ, Sambo, Okonjo-iweala And Other Ministers To Travel Abroad After May 29 / Buhari Flown Abroad For Prostate Cancer Checkup - The Herald (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by swing: 11:02pm On Mar 07, 2007
well no conclusions yet ,
by tomorrow we should have more light on the matter.
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 07, 2007
This thread is disgusting to the bone. Not only did people REJOICE over someone's fraudulent death, we had those like Omo Eko who insisted the man is dead when that is not the case. Imagine Yar'adua's son or family member going through this thread, disgusting to the core. Can't even show respect for someone's life and wishing him death, what has he done to you?

Look at OBJ, IBB, Atiku, these are the guys you should be wishing death if any.
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by IykeD1(m): 11:08pm On Mar 07, 2007
Between the two of you (Icon and Omo Eko), I am sure you guys can come
with the answer to the Yar Adua puzzle - looks like you guys really want him
dead!
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by babasin(m): 11:12pm On Mar 07, 2007
From all the threads, this man is not popular. It is indeed a serious eye-opener for those who cares.
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 07, 2007
Wow! What a shame on Nigeria!

Why must a man with kidney failure who cant even conduct his own presidential campaign, who requires constant medical "check up" abroad be forced on Nigerians for president?
Why do we need (by force) a man who cant even address a presidential rally without the help of Baba, a man with no charisma or experience?

why are we saddled with an invalid (Umaru), a confirmed rogue (athiefu) and a religious bigot (Buhari) as the only men who can "move Nigeria forward"?
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by Icon(m): 11:32pm On Mar 07, 2007
Iyke-D:

dead!

LOL. Nah, I don't want him dead at all. The Yaradua family has suffered enough. On the contrary, I think Omo Eko wants that.
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by OmoEko1(f): 11:38pm On Mar 07, 2007
Iyke-D:

dead!
lol we came up with an answer to Yar Adua puzzle but u missed it.
Nor do i wish death on becos, i won't gain nothing from it, i won't even wish death on my worst enemy either. cry cry cry

Icon:

LOL. Nah, I don't want him dead at all. The Yaradua family has suffered enough. On the contrary, I think Omo Eko wants that.
u are not serious, i don't even know the guy like that.
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by Icon(m): 11:50pm On Mar 07, 2007
Omo Eko, just pulling your legs. I'm sure the truth will come out anyway. In any case, I think it will be in his best interests if he steps down and go rest in his home.
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by nazzyon(m): 12:19am On Mar 08, 2007
Lets just hope for a better future. I wouldn't want life to continue the way it is this country. Beloved candidates dying one after the other.

Though politics is not my thing but it hurts to lavish in sufferness. I am not refering to myself do, though I live on a token everyday but I always wonder how others survive with the way the economy is leading.

As for the death of Yar'adua; to be sincere if it is for politics, I was neither grieved nor was I happy, because I always have it in the back of my mind that we're going to die someday.

Lets just pray he rest in peace. The dead is dead, the living ought to stick to there businesses and always remember that the Almighty is watching.

Ciao Ciao
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by abdkabir(m): 12:24am On Mar 08, 2007
[size=18pt][center]YARADUA IS NOT DEAD[/center][/size]
[center]PLS READ THE NEWS.[/center]
[center]
HTTP://WWW.TRIBUNE.COM.NG[/center]
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by IykeD1(m): 12:24am On Mar 08, 2007
Popular and Charismatic? I will take honesty and character any day
than one which is popular and charismatic but lacking in character.

I am glad most of you have been disappointed today - pray and wait
for another day of bad news.
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by la1(m): 12:31am On Mar 08, 2007
i think this topic is going 2brake forums record for the highest number of contradictions over a persons state of existence

dat is y i love dis forum so much we can go on and on over nothing, angry
the main issue is wether dead or alive; is he d best candidate for the job?, in my own opinion no.bt wit all the abracadabra going on rite now Nigerians will soon find themselves caught btw a PDP&a hard place if we dont act colectively top stop this political hijacking
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by swing: 12:33am On Mar 08, 2007
WELL AT LAST OBJ IS SAYING SOMETHING cheesy

OBJ curses rumour mongers

Abdul Musediq and Yinka Olukoya, Abeokuta - 08.03.2007

PRESIDENT Olusegun Obasanjo, in Abeokuta, Ogun State, yesterday rained curses on rumour mongers on the death of Alhaji Musa Yar’Adua, saying they were devil descendants.

Speaking after the recuperating Yar’Adua had spoken with the party supporters during a rally at the MKO Abiola Stadium, the president said only children of devil and abnormal human beings could peddle such wicked rumour.

He assured that the medical case of the presidential candidate was not as serious as they were making the people to believe.

“His case is not anything serious, though only God knows who would die but let me tell you those who were spreading the rumour also said that I have died in Ghana, this kind of rumour only gives longevity to the victims for those who know.

“The devilish people, who claimed to be children of God, even said that it was because I knew Umaru would die within one year, that’s why I asked him to pick the presidential ticket. How can a normal human being say this, they are devil descendants,” Obasanjo stressed.
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by nazzyon(m): 12:41am On Mar 08, 2007
I read that crazy news on Business Day Online. I was surprised when I rechecked to see that it now has "not" in it. And every part has been changed.

The mistake I made was I gave out the copy printed to a friend and the guy has torn the sheet.

That is what technology can turn everything to. The only thing which can confirm that those people placed the news is if it was on the hard copy that was sold today.
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by naija4laif: 12:43am On Mar 08, 2007
no his alive nd from wot i heard his recovering from woteva dat was wrong wiv him, cheesy
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by IykeD1(m): 12:57am On Mar 08, 2007
That's Babaism at his best!

@ La!

If Yar Adua is not the best candidate among the current contenders, who is? Atiku? Buhari?
The others are inconsequential, not because they don't have what it takes, but because they
don't stand a chance of winning today. Sad, but its the truth.

Yar Adua has shown to be above boards with respect to corruption. He appears prudent and
modest. He is far educated than Atiku and Buhari combined. He is not a religious fanatic. He
has a chance of carrying the northern vote just as Atiku or Buhari does. I say why not him?

If any one is afraid of PDP and rightfully so, please tell me, what does AC or ANPP stands for?
Are they not the same characters that used to sing the praises of PDP? How different are those
guys from the thugs in PDP? Please take a roll call of the National Assembly, tell me if you can
tell the difference between who is PDP or ANPP, or others?
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by LoverBwoy(m): 1:00am On Mar 08, 2007
would it be harsh to close down businessday online or whats that paper called??
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by IykeD1(m): 1:10am On Mar 08, 2007
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by blkmum700: 1:55am On Mar 08, 2007
I dont know why some people here are wishing human being like them to die.if You Guys dont like the Man to rule this country its doesnt mean You guys to wish him to die.I my self dont like him to be the president of this country.The Only person who can Rule this Country is Someone who is honest and the Only Honest person You can rule this Country is Me so Nigerians dont Vote for Anyone.Nigerians Have to wailt till i cluck 50years so they can Vote for me.Obj should continue ruling till the day i will be 50 to contest grin

this is what i read about Yar adua

LAGOS, Nigeria - The front-runner in Nigeria's upcoming presidential election underwent medical treatment in Germany on Wednesday, saying he had experienced breathlessness, his spokesman and the British Broadcasting Corp. said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Katsina Governor Umaru Yar'Adua, the ruling party's candidate in the April vote, flew overnight to an undisclosed medical facility in Germany and was in stable condition, said his spokesman, Ndu Ughamadu. "I spoke with him myself by telephone one hour ago," Ughamadu said. "He's very stable."

He didn't give details on the candidate's ailment or treatment.

In a statement, Yar'Adua promised to return home soon and rejoin the campaign trail.

"I wish to thank all my supporters for their well wishes, and want to assure them I'm quite fine and will be back on the campaign trail shortly," he said.

The BBC reported that it was able to speak to Yar'Adua by phone, and quoted him as saying he had suffered from breathlessness and sought a medical checkup abroad on his doctor's advice.

"There are speculations all the time since the year 2000 surrounding my health," Yar'Adua told BBC. "I don't think a human being has control over his health of ill health, life or death and therefore they (critics) should not create conclusions on any other human being."

Yar'Adua, 56, had previously disclosed he had a kidney ailment, raising questions in the Nigerian media over his fitness — an issue he sought to dispel by publicly challenging any doubters to a squash match.

As the presidential nominee from President Olusegun Obasanjo's powerful party, Yar'Adua is seen as the front-runner in the election, which will mark the first civilian-to-civilian transfer of power in the history of this oil-rich nation. The country suffered a series of coups following its independence from Britain in 1960.

Obasanjo, who is barred from running again by constitutional term limits his supporters tried and failed to overturn, won 1999 elections that ended years of military rule. He won re-election in a 2003 vote that the opposition said was rigged.

Yar'Adua's main competition is Atiku Abubakar, Obasanjo's vice president and one-time ally before a falling out over the attempted term extension. But he is embroiled in corruption allegations that could potentially derail his candidacy. He maintains his innocence, calling the accusations politically based.

Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, a former military leader, is also considered a top candidate.

With 140 million people, Nigeria is Africa's most populous country. It is also the continent's biggest oil producer, but years of corrupt governance have left the country's people among the world's poorest.

Violence has increased with the upcoming election. The campaign has seen killings that appear politically motivated, and crime and militancy is on the rise in the southern oil regions
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by OmoEko1(f): 2:23am On Mar 08, 2007
blkmum700:

I don't know why some people here are wishing human being like them to die.if You Guys don't like the Man to rule this country its doesnt mean You guys to wish him to die.I my self don't like him to be the president of this country.The Only person who can Rule this Country is Someone who is honest and the Only Honest person You can rule this Country is Me so Nigerians don't Vote for Anyone.Nigerians Have to wailt till i cluck 50years so they can Vote for me.Obj should continue ruling till the day i will be 50 to contest grin

this is what i read about Yar adua

LAGOS, Nigeria - The front-runner in Nigeria's upcoming presidential election underwent medical treatment in Germany on Wednesday, saying he had experienced breathlessness, his spokesman and the British Broadcasting Corp. said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Katsina Governor Umaru Yar'Adua, the ruling party's candidate in the April vote, flew overnight to an undisclosed medical facility in Germany and was in stable condition, said his spokesman, Ndu Ughamadu. "I spoke with him myself by telephone one hour ago," Ughamadu said. "He's very stable."

He didn't give details on the candidate's ailment or treatment.

In a statement, Yar'Adua promised to return home soon and rejoin the campaign trail.

"I wish to thank all my supporters for their well wishes, and want to assure them I'm quite fine and will be back on the campaign trail shortly," he said.

The BBC reported that it was able to speak to Yar'Adua by phone, and quoted him as saying he had suffered from breathlessness and sought a medical checkup abroad on his doctor's advice.

"There are speculations all the time since the year 2000 surrounding my health," Yar'Adua told BBC. "I don't think a human being has control over his health of ill health, life or death and therefore they (critics) should not create conclusions on any other human being."

Yar'Adua, 56, had previously disclosed he had a kidney ailment, raising questions in the Nigerian media over his fitness — an issue he sought to dispel by publicly challenging any doubters to a squash match.

As the presidential nominee from President Olusegun Obasanjo's powerful party, Yar'Adua is seen as the front-runner in the election, which will mark the first civilian-to-civilian transfer of power in the history of this oil-rich nation. The country suffered a series of coups following its independence from Britain in 1960.

Obasanjo, who is barred from running again by constitutional term limits his supporters tried and failed to overturn, won 1999 elections that ended years of military rule. He won re-election in a 2003 vote that the opposition said was rigged.

Yar'Adua's main competition is Atiku Abubakar, Obasanjo's vice president and one-time ally before a falling out over the attempted term extension. But he is embroiled in corruption allegations that could potentially derail his candidacy. He maintains his innocence, calling the accusations politically based.

Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, a former military leader, is also considered a top candidate.

With 140 million people, Nigeria is Africa's most populous country. It is also the continent's biggest oil producer, but years of corrupt governance have left the country's people among the world's poorest.

Violence has increased with the upcoming election. The campaign has seen killings that appear politically motivated, and crime and militancy is on the rise in the southern oil regions

i know u copy and paste it all those things u said
and that does mean or tell us if he ALIVE OR DEAD
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by Mamajama(m): 3:05am On Mar 08, 2007
Omo Eko she na you kill am? or una want kill the man way nova die? bombaclot
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by OmoEko1(f): 3:08am On Mar 08, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

Omo Eko she na you kill am? or una want kill the man way nova die? bombaclot
u didn't tell me u were Jamican

LIKE I SAID BEFORE THE GUY IS ALREADY A DEAD MAN, IT DOESN'T MATTER IF HIS ALIVE /DEAD
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by LoverBwoy(m): 3:12am On Mar 08, 2007
we know your plan omo eko, you want obj to continue huh it wil not work  tongue
Rassclart!!
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by OmoEko1(f): 3:15am On Mar 08, 2007
LoverBwoy:

we know your plan omo eko, you want obj to continue huh it wil not work tongue
Rassclart!!
i careless about we is running for presidential election.
u wanna know why. Because i don't live there
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by Mamajama(m): 4:02am On Mar 08, 2007
Omo Eko where u dey for USA self? I bet you know sabi lagos
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by OmoEko1(f): 4:07am On Mar 08, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

Omo Eko where u dey for USA self? I bet you know sabi lagos
don't worry about where am at tongue
I WAS BORN AND GROW UP IN LAGOS, I SPENT MY YOUTH YEARS THERE
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by donnymikky(m): 4:36am On Mar 08, 2007
OMO EKO all eyes on you and i will advice you take cover before these guys send some suicide bombers to you, I hope say u never disclose your adress on this thread otherwise you need to change your locaton, !! just joking grin
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by OmoEko1(f): 4:39am On Mar 08, 2007
No am safe where am at  cheesy cheesy
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by Democrat(m): 5:25am On Mar 08, 2007
@Topic

I hope he is dead. Now we can have a clear thinking Leader like Buhari rule us.
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by sizzly: 5:49am On Mar 08, 2007
Hello Nigerians,
Although I'm not Nigerian nor African, I'm overwhelmed by curiosity:

Why do you accept mediocre, visionless, and sick people as your president-to-be? I've been in Nigeria for quite some time and I'm simply shocked at the gap between potential and current situation. Your country is endowed with so many resources both human and natural. Look at what other countries like India, China, and Malaysia have done. Why not put forth people with credentials as your leaders, for a change?

I'm just speechless, and can't believe that a "nobody" like Yaradua is being offered to you by the man in power, and you don't riot, you don't declare war on the party in power, you just obey like good old Africans, 145,000,000 people and the best you come up with is that sick man, what a farce, what a shame, what an outrage!

Please will someone explain?

Thanks.
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by OmoEko1(f): 7:27am On Mar 08, 2007
Democrat:

@Topic

I hope he is dead. Now we can have a clear thinking Leader like Buhari rule us.
what kind of ANIMAL ARE U SELF

what kind of human being wishes death on other human. NA WAH FOR U OOOOOOOOOOO hissing rolling eyes.
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by mac73(m): 7:30am On Mar 08, 2007
seyi, where are you? i think omo eko should be sanctioned.To persist in sustaining such rumour even in the face of credible contradiction does injustice to this forum.she's not even in the country for christ's sake(assuming that's true i itself).Be sure of what you are saying before you post it.Wake up omo eko.the man is not dead.insisting on seeing his face on a live interview just shows how infantile you are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! / Despite Recession, Lagos Generated More Revenue In 2016- Ambode / Saraki Fails To Disclose National Assembly Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.