Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,108 members, 7,953,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:22 PM

Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? (8538 Views)

List Of Ministers Who Plan To Travel Abroad After May 29 And Their "Excuses" / GEJ, Sambo, Okonjo-iweala And Other Ministers To Travel Abroad After May 29 / Buhari Flown Abroad For Prostate Cancer Checkup - The Herald (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by slander(f): 5:08pm On Mar 07, 2007
the man is confirmed dead. angry
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by Seun(m): 5:10pm On Mar 07, 2007
By who?
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by abdkabir(m): 5:10pm On Mar 07, 2007
Many Thanks O.
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by abdkabir(m): 5:12pm On Mar 07, 2007
@Slander

It seems u r serving ur Name right. SLANDER!
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by shabbie(m): 5:33pm On Mar 07, 2007
if yaradua is realy dead, that means there are still 2 more to go.
voice of God
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by BillGatesFan(m): 5:35pm On Mar 07, 2007
Nigerian frontrunner 'will stand'

Mr Yar'Adua says his check-up will only take a few days
Nigeria's ruling party presidential contender, Umaru Yar'Adua, 55, says he is well enough to run in April's polls.
Speaking to the BBC from Germany, where he was flown for a medical check-up, he scotched speculation that he was unfit to continue in the contest.

He said reports that he had collapsed and was rushed to hospital were "not true" and he would return home soon.

Mr Yar'Adua has been the frontrunner to win the elections and has previously suffered from a kidney illness.

The BBC's Alex Last says there has been increasing speculation that he could be replaced as the People Democratic Party's candidate.

He declared his candidacy after being backed by President Olusegun Obasanjo - who steps down in April after eight years in power.

'Only human'

Mr Yar'Adua said he had suffered from breathlessness and had taken his doctor's advice to have a thorough medical check-up abroad.

There are speculations all the time since the year 2000 surrounding my health

Umaru Yar'Adua

"I am only human, as they are," he said about his critics.

"I don't think a human being has control over his health of ill health, life or death and therefore they should not create conclusions on any other human being," he told the BBC's Focus on Africa programme.

His transfer to Germany led to a spate of rumours in Nigeria about the state of his health and the possibility that he could be replaced.

Not least, our reporter says, because being president of a country like Nigeria is such a gruelling task and presidential elections are only a month away.

"There are speculations all the time since the year 2000 surrounding my health," Mr Yar'Adua said.

In January, he sought to quash rumours about his health, inviting his critics to a game of squash if they could play 12 straight sets.

A tall, thin, quietly-spoken man, Mr Yar'Adua was a relatively unknown northern Muslim governor before he won the governing party primaries with the backing of President Obasanjo.

As the governing party's candidate, with access to its money and power, he is widely considered to be the favourite to become Nigeria's next president in elections in April.

High drama

Political gossips have suggested a number of alternatives should Mr Yar'Adua be replaced as the PDP's candidate, our correspondent says.

Gen Babangida is being touted as an alternative PDP candidate

Among them is the immensely wealthy former military ruler, Gen Ibrahim Babangida.

There are two other strong contenders in the dramatic race for the presidency.

Nigeria's Vice-President Atiku Abubakar is standing for the opposition Action Congress.

But he is currently involved in a bitter feud with the president and is battling on several fronts in the courts to clear corruption allegations which could bar him from running.

The other main opposition leader is former military leader Gen Muhammadu Buhari, who became famous for his war on corruption in the 1980s.

Despite being quite popular, critics have questioned whether he has the money and political machinery needed to win a Nigerian election.

The polls should become the first transfer of power in Africa's most populous country from one elected leader to another since independence in 1960.
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by nazzyon(m): 5:48pm On Mar 07, 2007
I read about Yar' adua's death on Business Day News paper earlier today. It was online so I am not sure if it'll be there iwe.

It was brief not developed. So I had to believe that it was true.

Here is the link:
http://www.businessdayonline.com/?c=45&a=11761
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by Ronke2811(f): 5:50pm On Mar 07, 2007
may his soul rest in  peace, baba led this man to his death.
God knows who is next
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by BlackMamba(m): 5:51pm On Mar 07, 2007
May be 3rd term is not dead after all. Or is it IBB at his Maradonic best (special envoy to Gambia and all). And Atiku still insist that nothing can stop his march to Aso Rock. Stay tuned. This is gonna get interesting.
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by spade: 5:59pm On Mar 07, 2007
You see?
Of all the potential Presidential candidates in PDP(eg. Odili, Duke) they chose that visionless, timid, puppet called Yar'Adua whose health is an issue. This is a plot to bring back IBB. He was being fought against by EFCC but now that Obasanjo is showing interest in him, The EFCC will definitely drop all allegations. Let them keep on messing with 140 million people .

That unpopular, uncharismatic Yar'Adua is definitely a daddy's boy who has no vision for Nigeria.
But I hope he recovers though undecided
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by abdkabir(m): 6:03pm On Mar 07, 2007
Hey, Puppet i agree. whats with the Visionless, any proofs. U dont have to yab Yaradua if u hate PDP.
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by BillGatesFan(m): 6:05pm On Mar 07, 2007
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=45941 is okija shrine real?? can they make a man rich and wealthy?
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by abdkabir(m): 6:07pm On Mar 07, 2007
@BillGate
Get Rich and DIE!!!!
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by OmoEko1(f): 6:07pm On Mar 07, 2007
Bill Gate:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=45941 is okija shrine real?? can they make a man rich and wealthy?
I CAN TELL U ONE THING SHA
IT'S DOESN'T MAKE U RICH AND WEALTHY, BUT IT WILL HELP U GET TO HELL
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by abdkabir(m): 6:10pm On Mar 07, 2007
Story! Stella Died in Spain!//Wrong Post// DOnt Mind Me!
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by spade: 6:53pm On Mar 07, 2007
abdkabir:

Hey, Puppet i agree. whats with the Visionless, any proofs. U don't have to yab Yaradua if u hate PDP.

By "visionless", I mean the fact that he never showed interest in the elections until OBJ picked him up. I never saw any of his posters before he was chosen. If he had a vision, he would have expressed it by campaigning before his "Dad"(Obasanjo) showed up.

That's exactly what I meant by visionless
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by abdkabir(m): 6:55pm On Mar 07, 2007
Non proactive u might say but Slamming "visionless" is too pawaful grin

HOw about i said you're visionless on Nigerian Issues. Am sure u will spit Fire grin grin grin grin
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by olawa20(m): 7:01pm On Mar 07, 2007
nazzyon:

I read about Yar' adua's death on Business Day News paper earlier today. It was online so I am not sure if it'll be there iwe.

It was brief not developed. So I had to believe that it was true.

Here is the link:
http://www.businessdayonline.com/?c=45&a=11761

it's no longer there. they've changed the story. This is what you have at the link now:

"Yar'Adua is not Dead!

The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Umar Musa Yar'Adua is hale and hearty, a statement from the party said today.

John Odey, National Publicity Secretatry of the party said in Abuja that Yar'Adua is in Germany for a routine medical check-up, dousing rumours making the round that Yar'Adua was dead.

Odey said Yar'Adua would soon return to join the campaign train of the party."

All the other major dailies dont have that news too. It's not on cnn, not on sky news.

For now, i think the news is false!
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by ebong4waz(m): 7:14pm On Mar 07, 2007
sad
sad
ITS A SAD DAY REALLY! cry
, BUT GOD RULES IN THE AFFAIRS OF MEN cool
WHETHER OR WHETHERNT !!!
I cannot particularly rejoice if a man dies , this man on his own has done no wrong to the masses, i guess his only sin is allowing himself to be used by the wolves, hawks & power mongers in government & politics. You cannot really blame him because man's lust for money & power is insatiable shocked. But come to think of it IF you were born into a rich & powerful family with 'OLD-MONEY', , that have wealth transcending generations, what will u do when the presidency of the largest black nation is offered to you?,
Everybody must die someday, but i still want to be convinced that HE HAS REALLY KAPUT!
, TO BE CONCLUDED,
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by superman(m): 7:57pm On Mar 07, 2007
yes all yall fake nigerians on this site.

me superman still lookin!

infact i vexed now that im thinkin of takin over aso rock ,well i will one day

god bless nigeria!
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by ov: 7:59pm On Mar 07, 2007
Great nairalanders. YAR' ADUA is alive and is one of the few people who have read their obituary. just a few minutes ago he said and i quote "I am Alive & Well". You can read more on
http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/nvs/breaking-news-yaradua-collapses-flown-to-ge.html
Please dont mind www.businessdayonline.com. WE SHOULD STOP SPREADING FALSE RUMOURS
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by OmoEko1(f): 8:04pm On Mar 07, 2007
@OV
DID U SEE HIM WITH YOUR OWN EYES ON TV READ OR SAY THAT QUOTE he said and i quote "I am Alive & Well". OR U SAW IT FROM A WEBSITE
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by spade: 8:37pm On Mar 07, 2007
abdkabir:

HOw about i said you're visionless on Nigerian Issues. Am sure u will spit Fire grin grin grin grin

No, not really. It depends on how you look at it. I wasn't pulled to post on this site.
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by abdkabir(m): 8:39pm On Mar 07, 2007
No probs my Brother. Notin de Happen! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by shakamc(m): 8:50pm On Mar 07, 2007
i no fellow oh
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by YarAdua(m): 9:21pm On Mar 07, 2007
[size=24pt]Fellow Nigerians shocked shocked shocked[/size]
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by OmoEko1(f): 9:34pm On Mar 07, 2007
YarAdua:

[size=24pt]Fellow Nigerians shocked shocked shocked[/size]
wow very funny
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 07, 2007
O Yar Adua can talk? What about our game of squash?
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by OmoEko1(f): 9:43pm On Mar 07, 2007
shaka mc:

in house info from my friend whose dad is yar'adua's co-ordinator in one of the south east states comfirmed to me that yar'adua is dead.i wish him [yaradua] well and i don't want him to die neither do i want him to rule my beloved country,anyway let's wait till aso rock confirms it to us but that will br untill they have made an alternative plan on who will take over the party's flag,
and my source just called his dad and he was told YarAdua was really dead. MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE cry cry cry
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 07, 2007
is this a wind up or what? Is he dead or alive?
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by OmoEko1(f): 9:48pm On Mar 07, 2007
davidylan:

is this a wind up or what? Is he dead or alive?
AM SERIOUS THAT GUY IS DEAD
Re: Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 07, 2007
Do you have conclusive proof? There's nothing on the internet for now and there are claims of the BBC interviewing him in Germany.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Court Fines NBC N60m For Selling Contaminated Drink / Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi / 2022 Budget: INEC To Spend ₦1.3bn On Funerals, Xmas Bonus, Others ₦200m On Audit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.