Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children (5200 Views)

What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? / Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? / I Sat On My Father's Laps, My Mum Walked In And Warned Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by Tollzara(m): 7:56pm On Feb 21, 2018
ChildOfDoom:
i'm doomed, i know; and it's beyond redemption (being sincere). So also are a lot of guys out there.

I just lost out again on bet9ja with money that's not mine. i'm hoping my mum will save me again.

The truth is, as long as society demands much from males and the people assigned to take care of us can't do it properly, we'll continue to be restless
What Stop making excuses for being irresponsible!

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by ChildOfDoom: 10:15am On Mar 28, 2018
Tollzara:
What Stop making excuses for being irresponsible!
it's just that obsessions and addictions are beyond one's control
Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by Fourwinds: 7:04pm On Apr 01, 2018
ChildOfDoom:
it's just that obsessions and addictions are beyond one's control
what of named yourself will sure come to pass if you don't repent....must you play lottery...

to be sincere you are not discipline...

my first job was SSCE certificate I used in getting it...

rented a place of mine at 20 years...

God will deal with you for not making use of the brain He gave you

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by daben1(m): 7:18pm On Apr 01, 2018
ChildOfDoom:
i look at my mum's picture during her wedding and see a woman fair, gorgeous and fit. But'now she's all blown-up and weary due to stress. She hardly takes care of her hygiene (wonder why). This might not be unconnected to the fact that she gave birth to 4 boys who were pampered when the going was good.

Now the family is broke, we are now a thorn in her flesh. Now we can't fend for ourselves, we keep pushing her to her limits to get food for us and the basic necessities of life. I didn't force any one to give birth to me so they must carry their cross.
you be agbaya, your mum is still fending for you and you're not ashamed of yourself... Start something and start taking care of the woman because she'll not be there forever!

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by daben1(m): 7:23pm On Apr 01, 2018
Cuteamigo1:
not a nice thing to say but guess what, no one is equally forcing to continue to exist so get a knife and cut your wrist.
don't you think sniper will be better?
Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by vanhelsing1(m): 8:29pm On Apr 01, 2018
ChildOfDoom:
first of all, i won't advice any one to get married if he/she doesn't earn up to 180,000 naira monthly (based on currently economic situation in Nigeria).

Don't be carried away by the glamour that goes with marriages or the free fvck you will get for the rest of your life. Once children (male children especially) set in, you will know then the mess you've gotten into
wats DS OP trying to even spew from his mouth?
r u talking bat how much u need as a man to settle down or male children wahala...
I see der is confusion on your side,limping on two opinions like an adolescent.
Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by Cuteamigo1(m): 8:37pm On Apr 01, 2018
daben1:
don't you think sniper will be better?
yeah maybe, lol

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by Filmewell(f): 9:09pm On Apr 01, 2018
Cuteamigo1:
not a nice thing to say but guess what, no one is equally forcing to continue to exist so get a knife and cut your wrist.
Let's say he actually takes your advice this night.
Mind you many people are depressed already. You may not be aware how many have actually taken your advice .
Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by ahnie: 9:14pm On Apr 01, 2018
ChildOfDoom:
my mum oo. She has enough wrappers she had amassed when she was comfortable that she can sell. She also has friends to run to that she once help in the past.

Unlike me, i'm at a disadvantaged position as they couldn't set me up like other rich kid. I don't even have someone i can call when i need even 1k. Only 10k jobs are available for my kind. They're the cause!

Haha haha Hahahaha sorry,cudnt help the laughter. u 're funny
Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by amprat: 9:58pm On Apr 01, 2018
what has gender got to do with your problem,
Am female and have got three brothers, two of them are the best brothers anyone would wish for despite the fact that the other one is still an undergraduate he is a multi instrumentalist and huzzles hard.
summary... Gender has nothing to do with your situation, get a life!!!!!
Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by Shugarlord213: 2:53pm On Apr 02, 2018
That is all what women know how to do, open their legs and relax in the sitting room
Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by bukatyne(f): 3:13pm On Apr 02, 2018
ChildOfDoom:
first of all, i won't advice any one to get married if he/she doesn't earn up to 180,000 naira monthly (based on currently economic situation in Nigeria).

Don't be carried away by the glamour that goes with marriages or the free fvck you will get for the rest of your life. Once children (male children especially) set in, you will know then the mess you've gotten into

What about your dad?
Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by ChildOfDoom: 6:20pm On Apr 02, 2018
bukatyne:

What about your dad?
that one?? he's a failure. pools (gambling) wrecked him. He's currently hiding somewhere in benin to escape violent creditors

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by bukatyne(f): 7:24pm On Apr 02, 2018
ChildOfDoom:
that one?? he's a failure. pools (gambling) wrecked him. He's currently hiding somewhere in benin to escape violent creditors

Well, you alone is responsible for how you turn out. Your parents might have brought you up wrong however, once you see the light you have to unlearn all you were taught and learn what is right.

The decision to remain in darkness or turn to the light is yours to make today.

Start by changing your moniker.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by Ishilove: 8:22pm On Apr 02, 2018
Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by Ishilove: 8:39pm On Apr 02, 2018
ChildOfDoom:
i'm doomed, i know; and it's beyond redemption (being sincere). So also are a lot of guys out there.

I just lost out again on bet9ja with money that's not mine. i'm hoping my mum will save me again.

The truth is, as long as society demands much from males and the people assigned to take care of us can't do it properly, we'll continue to be restless
This is funny. Wetin person no go read for Nairaland cheesy
Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by revolt(m): 8:40pm On Apr 02, 2018
Delivar:
I have said it several times that over-population will choke us as long as we don't do anything about it. Over-population is not just about numbers. It is when the available resources is not enough to go round everybody irrespective of what the numbers are. We should give birth to what we can care for and not overbreeding and bringing unecessary humans to the word.
this Is the simple driving force behind eugenics. And it's worthy , to note, eugenics build developed societies. Esp in northern Nigeria, there are too many unwanted humans. We need to start breeding the wanted traits in our society . that's the only way Nigeria can be saved. Population control
Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by armyofone(m): 4:38am On Apr 03, 2018
Such blatant display of cursing oneself!
The reason why I like the western style - after 18 you are on your own. The individualism is what Nigerians should adopt. Look at this guy, tying himself on his mother's neck shocked

ChildOfDoom:
i'm doomed, i know; and it's beyond redemption

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by blank(f): 2:27pm On Apr 04, 2018
If I was your mum, I would send all of you out of my house to go and hustle. Then spend my money taking care of myself. You live your life once. Not one for stress.

Sell my stuff to bail out someone's gambling debt who wouldn't do same if the tables were turned. You'll just get home and find out I've relocated to US and left you guys to fend for yourself.
Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by Sterope(f): 2:40pm On Apr 04, 2018
What an opportunity to bash male children! Good for nothing troll!
Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by Teespice(f): 3:35pm On Apr 04, 2018
ChildOfDoom:

I am guessing that this is the basis of your rant.
Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 04, 2018
ChildOfDoom:
they are too stubborn to handle. Imagine it, robbery, violence and all sorts of nefarious activities are associated with them. To avoid headaches, avoid that gender.

Not really we are all boys, we all work and all send money to mom, laptop, phones, cash, perfume , rent anything she needs we send, our only problem she has with us is that we are not emotional as in we don't express sentimental feelings as she would want, we drink alcohol and not born again. Different folks different wahala. Boys will take care of parents financially to a point but emotionally you will never get the best from them as the hustling and hunter attitude will take over them.
Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 04, 2018
ChildOfDoom:

We are all , at first I was gonna say don't say that but the last point is actually true, a lot of expectation is placed on a guy, he must be successful, rich, strong and have his sh.it together, and has to marry and take care of people under him while taking care of his parents, coupled with the stress from financial chase especially in this country where things go wrong, couple that with a spouse that doesn't support you financially or gives you headache , men go through a lot mehn, some women sef don dey go through the same wahala too
Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by Gerrard59(m): 6:52pm On Apr 04, 2018
I said same here:

https://www.nairaland.com/3450586/poor-un-intelligent-people-should-not

My prognostication skills are accurate.

OP made a mistake blaming the male gender, but where I agree with him is on indiscriminate procreation. People should stop procreating irresponsibly. However, it's one thing to procreate say 2 kids and another to raise them properly. But it's easier raising two kids than a battalion!

3 Likes

Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 05, 2018
Gerrard59:
I said same here:

https://www.nairaland.com/3450586/poor-un-intelligent-people-should-not

My prognostication skills are accurate.

OP made a mistake blaming the male gender, but where I agree with him is on indiscriminate procreation. People should stop procreating irresponsibly. However, it's one thing to procreate say 2 kids and raise them properly. But it's easier raising two kids than a battalion!

I love your point. And the OP has a point , too.
The truth is most nigerian men don't think (plan) before they procreate. I am 24 yrs old and i have a friend who personally told me that God will see my plan to have just two kids as a sin (i'm not married)! can you imagine! see the mentality someone my age in the 21st century still has! I understand that the OP is frustrated. What he's saying about men is partially true in the sense that some (or most) nigerian men get married for the sake of a lifetime of porking (fvcking) a woman.
Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by Gerrard59(m): 6:45pm On Apr 05, 2018
comradechekov:

I love your point. And the OP has a point , too.
The truth is most nigerian men don't think (plan) before they procreate. I am 24 yrs old and i have a friend who personally told me that God will see my plan to have just two kids as a sin (i'm not married)! can you imagine! see the mentality someone my age in the 21st century still has! I understand that the OP is frustrated. What he's saying about men is partially true in the sense that some (or most) nigerian men get married for the sake of a lifetime of porking (fvcking) a woman.

shocked shocked

I'm not suggesting anything to you oh. But I keep such persons at an arm's length.

Your last statement further shows the hypocrisy of most Nigerians. Why? It's because majority of these men go on to cheat on their wives. And later claim they are polygamous by nature. grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 05, 2018
Gerrard59:

shocked shocked

I'm not suggesting anything to you oh. But I keep such persons at an arm's length.

Your last statement further shows the hypocrisy of most Nigerians. Why? It's because majority of these men go on to cheat on their wives. And later claim they are polygamous by nature. grin grin
You dont have to suggest anything. That's exactly what I did to him after he uttered those words.
Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by mikolo80: 4:06am On Apr 07, 2018
ChildOfDoom:
they are too stubborn to handle. Imagine it, robbery, violence and all sorts of nefarious activities are associated with them. To avoid headaches, avoid that gender.
this one na Confam mumu
Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by mikolo80: 4:06am On Apr 07, 2018
Delivar:
I have said it several times that over-population will choke us as long as we don't do anything about it. Over-population is not just about numbers. It is when the available resources is not enough to go round everybody irrespective of what the numbers are. We should give birth to what we can care for and not overbreeding and bringing unecessary humans to the world.
farm land boku
Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by mikolo80: 4:08am On Apr 07, 2018
ChildOfDoom:
my mum oo. She has enough wrappers she had amassed when she was comfortable that she can sell. She also has friends to run to that she once help in the past.

Unlike me, i'm at a disadvantaged position as they couldn't set me up like other rich kid. I don't even have someone i can call when i need even 1k. Only 10k jobs are available for my kind. They're the cause!
enter farm and stop talking out your as sss
Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by Delivar(m): 8:48am On Apr 07, 2018
mikolo80:
farm land boku
Is food the only thing we need to survive in this day and age? If everyone becomes a farmer and the market is saturated with so much food more than required won't it be a problem? Besides, when the population gets high don't you think getting farmlands will be much more difficult and competitive?
Re: My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children by Delivar(m): 9:19am On Apr 07, 2018
DBestDoc:

The Op is not totally wrong. If you'd avoid bias and do a lil research on this, you 'll agree with him to an extent.

I have 6 brothers and 1 sister, and if you ask my parents, they'll concur with him.

My 1 sister has added more value to my family than the 6 boys put together have ever done. Sometimes, i look at my parents and i feel so much pity for them. Too many male children, lesser gains compared to the investments so far

For me, if it's going to be one child, it has to be female. But then Op, how do we stay away from male childten? Hahaha, you killed me.

Some male children are wonderful though, lots of them are very thoughtful. Their parent's pride.
It's not about male children as the poster stated it. Any of your siblings male or female would have been the successful one. It just happens to be your sister by chance. The problem is the population is rising to uncomfortable levels while the resources are not there to absorb the growing numbers. Government incompetence plus over-population is exactly why unemployment and tension is so high at this period. The poster made a point in an unclear manner. Giving birth to many male children at this period of high population will be problematic when they grow up and become frustrated not being able to find anything doing to support themselves. They will be pushed to indulge in criminal activities. Even females wouldn't be spared. A frustrated female can become a prostitute to survive, but their criminal tendencies isn't as high as that of males cos females always have a way of getting things from men.

Your family situation is the way it's going to be with many families as time goes on. In a family of 6 children only 1 or 2 will be successful and care for the rest. The rest will be there occupying space on earth for nothing. Which tells us that their existence on earth isn't required and shouldn't have been born in the first place. Why give birth to more than required? We ain't helping ourselves.

Actually I am not even interested in having children. I just can't stomach being responsible for another person survival and wellbeing in this day and age when the world already has more people than required and more are still coming in to make the situation worse in decades to come.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lol / Would You Let Your Spouse Change You? / Indian Farmer Is World's Oldest Dad-94 Years Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.