Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War (26316 Views)

Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate / Fani Kayode Is Right - The Name Yoruba(yarriba) Was Created In 1808 / Herdsmen Attack Is Jihad War Against Nigerians, Igbos Return Home Now - Ezike. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by Nowenuse: 1:25am On Feb 24, 2018
prolog2:
Talking to you is insult enough, no need to add other insults.
So I guess your historical sources are things written by people who weren't there to witness the story which they are telling ?
You think that claiming they are Edo like me would make you and your story tellers evade scrutini ?
I am a 30 year old with a masters degree. Most of my students are probably older and more educated than you.
I hope one day you will understand that words written in a blog by some talented fiction writers do not constitue history.
As I have already stated, No part of Benin Kingdom (yes because in 1885 there was no such thing as Edo-state, the land was a subterritory of Benin Kingdom) was ever invaded. The Duke/Attaru of Auchi converted to islam after Omo n'Oba n'Edo Ovonramwen lost a war to the british.
I am seriously wondering if you have a brain.

Since you could not take your time to read that link in your deluded mind and foolery, how would you see that the writer of that article actually made reference to renowned historians, quoting them at the end.

I guess afterall, degrees are not a typical representation of the enlightenmment of a person. They are just mere papers. If not, for someone who claims to have a masters degree, you would have at least checked the end of the page to see the numerous references and citations. Some of these references were even from foreign sources. Ignorance is truly a disease!

Here is a screenshot from a part of the references. Let me help your lazy ass.

Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by Nobody: 1:27am On Feb 24, 2018
WHat I am trying to say is that there is a lot of trash being written here and there and that "reading more" is the dumbest thing you could say. Getting educated is not the same as just "reading". If someone reads a lot but reads only trash, he might think he is educated while he is being brainwashed. You guys all need to get educated and learn how to use your brains !
blackpanthers:

I don't really get this poo you typed above, what are you trying to say Mr.?
Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by Nobody: 1:35am On Feb 24, 2018
I don't know where to start.
You don't seem to mind the fact that you are being foolish.
Instead of correcting your thinking, you have chosen to push through in the same debunked direction.
You are just like the captain of a boat who bet that there is no rock on his way, and when sighting the rock, instead of turning back and saying he was wrong, the captain goes even faster towards the rock and therefor kills himself and his crew.
All this to say: yoru blogger could quote the pope if he wants, it doesn't matter !
If you want to claim that something happened in 1885 then you need to produce historical documents written arround 1885 which state your claim. Even historians do not have the magical power to just claim things without historical documents to back their claims. Quoting a person's name won't change this simple thing ! Do you get it now ??

Nowenuse:

Since you could not take your time to read that link in your deluded mind and foolery, how would you see that the writer of that article actually made reference to renowned historians, quoting them at the end.

I guess afterall, degrees are not a typical representation of the enlightenmment of a person. They are just mere papers. If not, for someone who claims to have a masters degree, you would have at least checked the end of the page to see the numerous references and citations. Some of these references were even from foreign sources. Ignorance is truly a disease!

Here is a screenshot from a part of the references. Let me help your lazy ass.
Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by blackpanthers: 1:42am On Feb 24, 2018
prolog2:
WHat I am trying to say is that there is a lot of trash being written here and there and that "reading more" is the dumbest thing you could say. Getting educated is not the same as just "reading". If someone reads a lot but reads only trash, he might think he is educated while he is being brainwashed. You guys all need to get educated and learn how to use your brains !

But from the look of things, I think you are the one that needs to get the much-needed education "Mr master degree holder". Nairaland is a platform where people meet to discuss issues and each of these personalities brings their point to the table, the onus is on you to disagree with a formidable point to counter his points. Making a blanket statement and generalization in a faceless forum about people you know nothing about shows how deluded you are.

1 Like

Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by Nobody: 1:44am On Feb 24, 2018
You are truly an illiterate, what in hell is "bini land" and what in hell is "bini kingdom " ?
All I know is Benin Kingdom.

Nowenuse:

Really, what is your point? Am I arguing this with you? Bini land and Bini kingdom were 2 different things na.

Auchi is not benin land but was part of Benin kingdom. I am not arguing.
Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by Nobody: 1:46am On Feb 24, 2018
I don't need to know you guys and I do not wish to know you guys. All I need to do is judge your uneducated statements and then plead with you on the necessity for you to get some urgent education.
blackpanthers:

But from the look of things, I think you are the one that needs to get the much-needed education "Mr master degree holder". Nairaland is a platform where people meet to discuss issues and each of these personalities brings their point to the table, the onus is on you to disagree with a formidable point to counter his points. Making a blanket statement and generalization in a faceless forum about people you know nothing about shows how deluded you are.
Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by FulaniTerrorist: 2:27am On Feb 24, 2018
blackpanthers:

There was nothing like Northeast 200 years ago, what is known as Northeast today was home to more than 100 kingdoms and different ethnic nationalities. The kanuris, which was part of the present day northeast have an empire extending deep into present-day Chad, Northern Cameroon, and Niger. This empire have Islam as a state religion as far back as the 13th century, hundreds of years before dan fodio was born

You lack sense
Was there anything like South East South West or north central?
When I talked of North East I meant the Bornu Empire
Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by FulaniTerrorist: 2:37am On Feb 24, 2018
Firstpage:

You are the foolish one here that only see this from your jaundiced perspective.

Whenever a Yoruba man becomes president it means the north gave him.

So Yoruba did not give the north power when obasanjo handed over to shagari and when he handed over to Year adua?

Who gave north power in person of buhari if north Yoruba? Why don't you agree they are subservient to the Yorubas instead. You Ibo's will just die of hatred.

FYI, your forefathers have always been slaves to the north in persons of zik, ekwueme, ironsi.

You are a fool, your fellow Yoruba made that useless comment,

1 Like

Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by FulaniTerrorist: 2:50am On Feb 24, 2018
prolog2:
You are truly an illiterate, what in hell is "bini land" and what in hell is "bini kingdom " ?
All I know is Benin Kingdom.

Zombie it's actually Bini kingdom
Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by Nobody: 3:52am On Feb 24, 2018
FulaniTerrorist:

Zombie it's actually Bini kingdom
You shouldn't try to compete with those who are clearly more educated than your teachers.
Locate "bini kingdom" in these maps:

This one dates to around 1699:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595525w/f1.item.r=Benin.zoom

An other map of Benin made in the 17th century once again:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b530530714.r=Benin?rk=214593;2

An other map of Benin from the 17th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595583b.r=Benin?rk=193134;0

This one date to the 19th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8469390z/f1.item.r=Benin.zoom

Also, I am still waiting to see "bini bronzes", although I have seen Benin bronzes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh2Tac1gNPU

An other map from the 17th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595527q/f1.item.r=Benin.zoom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IlUMUGUorw&t=76s

There are way too many juveniles on nairaland who arrogantly think they know better.
Well every illiterate believes he knows better. Knowing that you lack knowledge requires intelligence which you do not have.
Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by Nobody: 3:57am On Feb 24, 2018
I will soon delete my account, all I do on nairaland is take insults from illiterates who somehow believe they know better.
Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by Dollyak(f): 4:08am On Feb 24, 2018
yeyerolling:
Lord lugard secured the future of his empire, same thing the black man cant do.

lord lugard on the black man
"Through the ages, the African appears to have evolved no organised religious creed, and though some tribes appear to believe in a deity, the religious sense seldom rises above pantheistic animalism and seems more often to take the form of a vague dread of the supernatural. He lacks the power of organisation, and is conspicuously deficient in the management and control alike of men or business. He loves the display of power, but fails to realize its responsibility - he will work hard with a less incentive than most races. He has the courage of the fighting animal, an instinct rather than a moral virtue. In brief, the virtues and defects of his race -type are those of attractive children, whose confidence when it is won is given ungrudgingly as to an older and wiser superior and without envy. Perhaps, the two traits which have impressed me as those most characteristic of the African native are his lack of apprehension and his lack of ability to visualize the future"
What a scathing observations. Unfortunately some of his views still holds true till today.
Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by Xisnin(m): 6:20am On Feb 24, 2018
EazyMoh:
Why was he exiled in the first place? You can't start telling history from the middle.
*Modified
I can't believe the Mods brought this to PF. This is just a segment of a long story. Even if you don't want to write much you could at least summarize the main events.
It's not by force to be a blogger.
Here is a summary intro from Wikipedia.
Can't you think?
A visitor can be exiled for whatever reason.
He has no claim to where he resides, yet he went about causing trouble.
He is the progenitor of modern day shekau.
Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by Nobody: 6:41am On Feb 24, 2018
prolog2:
I will soon delete my account, all I do on nairaland is take insults from illiterates who somehow believe they know better.
You are not any difference oga.
Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by letu(m): 6:56am On Feb 24, 2018
DerideGull:

Fake news. Benue was already under an emirate. Any place under the authority of emirate is a subjugation of Caliphate. The Caliphate was taught the lesson of their war at outskirts of Igbo-Eze and Nsukka LGAs.
Please DerideGull I will like to know more about this .
Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by Firstpage: 7:13am On Feb 24, 2018
FulaniTerrorist:

You are a fool, your fellow Yoruba made that useless comment,

I quoted you. You unfortunate being. Are Yoruba?
Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by TheKingIsHere: 8:08am On Feb 24, 2018
FEGNO:
Are there really pure Hausas left? It would seem that after so many years of inter-marriages and mixing that there would at this time be at best an Hausa Fulani ethnic group. Such that there would be few pure Fulani's and few pure Hausas or am I wrong? Someone kindly elucidate
You are right. The fulanis have mixed and intermarried with the hausas. So there are very few pure hausas left.
The irony is that the fulanis ensure that these hausas are poor and lack basic education to know who they are.

It's a pity.
Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by MrSly(m): 8:14am On Feb 24, 2018
EazyMoh:
Why was he exiled in the first place? You can't start telling history from the middle.
*Modified
I can't believe the Mods brought this to PF. This is just a segment of a long story. Even if you don't want to write much you could at least summarize the main events.
It's not by force to be a blogger.
Here is a summary intro from Wikipedia.
Yours is still incomplete.
It is worthy of note that Danfodio led jihad met its waterloo at Nsukka when they tried entering Igboland.
Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by GentleMoney: 10:57am On Feb 24, 2018
Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by GentleMoney: 11:00am On Feb 24, 2018
Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by bakynes(m): 11:00am On Feb 24, 2018
MrSly:

It is worthy of note that Danfodio led jihad met its waterloo at Nsukka when they tried entering Igboland.
We need proof, there is no account of where Igbos had any encounter with Fulani's in history. All those who had encounter with them shared Islam with them. You are only trying to Portray Igbos as great warriors but sorry they never engaged in any war known to history asides Post Colonial times with colonialist resistance and Biafra war.
Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by Nowenuse: 11:53am On Feb 24, 2018
prolog2:
I don't know where to start.
You don't seem to mind the fact that you are being foolish.
Instead of correcting your thinking, you have chosen to push through in the same debunked direction.
You are just like the captain of a boat who bet that there is no rock on his way, and when sighting the rock, instead of turning back and saying he was wrong, the captain goes even faster towards the rock and therefor kills himself and his crew.
All this to say: yoru blogger could quote the pope if he wants, it doesn't matter !
If you want to claim that something happened in 1885 then you need to produce historical documents written arround 1885 which state your claim. Even historians do not have the magical power to just claim things without historical documents to back their claims. Quoting a person's name won't change this simple thing ! Do you get it now ??

You are a hopeless case! I give up. No need pouring water on a rock. Anyone reading this thread will easily understand between you and I who is more foolish.

So, you still did not see where I told you that some of the references on that page were from European sources as they were pure accounts written by Europeans when they came to present day Nigeria and the things they witnessed.......
If that is not enough fact for you then I wonder what is.

Fulani & Nupe elites were already educated and knew how to read and write during this period, they have written accounts of all these events, and they have never come out to debunk any of this.
Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by Nowenuse: 11:57am On Feb 24, 2018
MrSly:

HiddenShadow. You asked me how many other igbos have I seen spreading the lie that Igbos fought fulanis.

Well here is another Ignoramus. I have encountered some others spreading this lie...... Is this how Igbos spread lies?

Fulanis could not penetrate the Benue/Kogi/Southern Taraba axis, how did they now meet Igbos? Did they fly over?
Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by HiddenShadow: 12:00pm On Feb 24, 2018
Nowenuse:

HiddenShadow. You asked me how many other igbos have I seen spreading the lie that Igbos fought fulanis.

Well here is another Ignoramus. I have encountered some others spreading this lie...... Is this how Igbos spread lies?

Fulanis could not penetrate the Benue/Kogi/Southern Taraba axis, how did they now meet Igbos? Did they fly over?

Wake up.

He is the same guy as deridegull.

This is his alternate moniker

1 Like

Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by Nowenuse: 12:11pm On Feb 24, 2018
HiddenShadow:

Wake up.

He is the same guy as deridegull.

This is his alternate moniker

Well, I don't know. You should as well caution him to stop peddling false info.
Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by HiddenShadow: 12:13pm On Feb 24, 2018
Nowenuse:

Well, I don't know. You should as well caution him to stop peddling false info.

Several of us have cautioned him but he still insist on spreading that news.

We now assume that he is an Afonja trying to set us up.

2 Likes

Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 24, 2018
prolog2:
Talking to you is insult enough, no need to add other insults.
So I guess your historical sources are things written by people who weren't there to witness the story which they are telling ?
You think that claiming they are Edo like me would make you and your story tellers evade scrutini ?
I am a 30 year old with a masters degree. Most of my students are probably older and more educated than you.
I hope one day you will understand that words written in a blog by some talented fiction writers do not constitue history.
As I have already stated, No part of Benin Kingdom (yes because in 1885 there was no such thing as Edo-state, the land was a subterritory of Benin Kingdom) was ever invaded. The Duke/Attaru of Auchi converted to islam after Omo n'Oba n'Edo Ovonramwen lost a war to the british.
I am seriously wondering if you have a brain.
It gets frustrating when you see someone reason like a child and yet that same undevelopped brain thinks he can challenge you.
I am taking some time to educate you kids who keep typing rubbish in nairaland and it is verry depressing. Is it your common rule to always forget your brain before going into nairaland ? Or do you just smoke coccain and then start spewing childish nonesens ?

Lol. You just finished that guy.

1 Like

Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 24, 2018
You don't seem to understand that merely saying that your blogger is quoting a text doesn't mean anything, you actually have to produce the text and show me where it state's your claim. I don't care about the origin of the text, it could be indian for all I care. All that matters is the date in which it was written.
Now you are talking about fulani documents, please share them, I have never heard of any fulani document written in 1885 which state your claim, but since you have made that claim, then you should naturally share the documents. But I know there is no such document, you are just spewing rubbish as usual.
Why would you expect fulani to come and deny your claim. They were not born in 1885, they don't know what happened in 1885, it is your claim, it is up to you to prove it ! Besides who would debunk a claim which gloryfies him ?
You have covered yourself with enough ridicule, just get yourself educated.

Nowenuse:

You are a hopeless case! I give up. No need pouring water on a rock. Anyone reading this thread will easily understand between you and I who is more foolish.

So, you still did not see where I told you that some of the references on that page were from European sources as they were pure accounts written by Europeans when they came to present day Nigeria and the things they witnessed.......
If that is not enough fact for you then I wonder what is.

Fulani & Nupe elites were already educated and knew how to read and write during this period, they have written accounts of all these events, and they have never come out to debunk any of this.
Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 24, 2018
Are you now claiming that there was a precolonial country called "igboland" ?
MrSly:

Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 24, 2018
Nowenuse:

Amen !
Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by MrSly(m): 2:24pm On Feb 24, 2018
Nowenuse:

By the time your were enrolled into a secondary school history was no longer taught. Take a rest kid.

No attack me, na joke ooooo
Re: The Creation Of Sokoto Caliphate After The 1808 Jihad War by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 24, 2018
It is impressive how those kids keep trying to pass as experts on a subject which they never learnt in school.
Their lack of common sense makes them believe that they can actually debate people who learnt the subject.
They don't understand that they are looking like a nursery school student who just started learning the alphabet and wants to debate theoretical physics with a physicist.
MrSly:

By the time your were enrolled into a secondary school history was no longer taught. Take a rest kid.
No attack me, na joke ooooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"Igbos Are Like Beetles, Nobody Can Crush Them" - Mbazulike Amaechi / Fayose Planning To Set Me Up, Says Fayemi / Photos From NASS Resumption After Annual Recess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.