Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,162 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Police Or VIO: Who Should Check Road Worthiness Certificate? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Police Or VIO: Who Should Check Road Worthiness Certificate? (18846 Views)

6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You / Breaking News: Kaduna State Govt Dissolves Vehicle Inspection Office (VIO) / Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Or VIO: Who Should Check Road Worthiness Certificate? by AB6892: 3:45am On Oct 24, 2013
It is the responsibilities of BIO and FRSC to ask for Road worthyness
Re: Police Or VIO: Who Should Check Road Worthiness Certificate? by lastpage: 8:54am On Oct 24, 2013
amakenny:

Certificate of Road Worthiness is for every vehicle running on public roads.

Given the usually small number of its staff and the fact that they do not bear arms, VIO alone cannot enforce compliance with Certificate of Road Worthiness by millions of vehicles on Nigeria's roads. If Nigeria's law states that Police has no duty to check Certificate Of Road Worthiness for vehicles, it is a bad law. Of course, if so, you can easily note the badness of the law given the type of rickety vehicles that ply Nigeria's roads as well as the accidents they daily provoke..

You are WRONG!

Certificate of Road Worthiness (CRW) = COMMERCIAL VEHICLES ONLY, irrespective of Age! To be done bi-annually

MOT = PRIVATE vehicles ONLY.... that are five years old and above. To be done annually, where required.

Please pay attention to the VIO Director's comment on same issue, on a post by "Marpol" page zero, of this topic.
Thank you.

Lastpage!
Re: Police Or VIO: Who Should Check Road Worthiness Certificate? by erico2k2(m): 8:31pm On Oct 24, 2013
saxywale:
My car is a limited version. I stripped off the dark tints to avoid all these police wahala. My friend got a tint permit same amount as yours but the same police that issued him the permit are calling it fake.
If you managed to strip yours off then its an aftermarket o ne you had, the ones glued to the glass, mine is factory tinted glass, there aint nothing to strip off, and there aint no real ones or fake ones, tell ur friend if the police claim its fake let them ring the IG to find out as he is meant to sign it lol
Re: Police Or VIO: Who Should Check Road Worthiness Certificate? by erico2k2(m): 8:35pm On Oct 24, 2013
lastpage:

You are WRONG!

Certificate of Road Worthiness (CRW) = COMMERCIAL VEHICLES ONLY, irrespective of Age! To be done bi-annually

MOT = PRIVATE vehicles ONLY.... that are five years old and above. To be done annually, where required.

Please pay attention to the VIO Director's comment on same issue, on a post by "Marpol" page zero, of this topic.
Thank you.

Lastpage!
Guy stop dishing out wrong info now to support your post kindly post an article where this is clearly stated plz, post a link to enlighten us ehe.cos what I have for my car is called Certificate of road worthyness and my car aint 5 years old.I did this Jan this year.
Re: Police Or VIO: Who Should Check Road Worthiness Certificate? by lastpage: 5:58am On Oct 25, 2013
erico2k2:
Guy stop dishing out wrong info now to support your post kindly post an article where this is clearly stated plz, post a link to enlighten us ehe.cos what I have for my car is called Certificate of road worthyness and my car aint 5 years old.I did this Jan this year.

I dont need to support anything , abi l get any interest in telling you the right thing?
If you cant read it (the interview) on the first page of this same thread, then......

[size=18pt]O.Y.O! .[/size]..............Oyo lo'wa, on your own.
grin grin

Lastpage!
Re: Police Or VIO: Who Should Check Road Worthiness Certificate? by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 26, 2013
erico2k2:
If you managed to strip yours off then its an aftermarket o ne you had, the ones glued to the glass, mine is factory tinted glass, there aint nothing to strip off, and there aint no real ones or fake ones, tell ur friend if the police claim its fake let them ring the IG to find out as he is meant to sign it lol
Its not after market. some of the factory tints are actually glued to the windows. its a limited special edition with very dark tints at the rear windows and boot. If you tell a police your car is factoru tint, he would still find a sharp object to test it because of the abov reason.
Re: Police Or VIO: Who Should Check Road Worthiness Certificate? by erico2k2(m): 12:38pm On Oct 26, 2013
saxywale:
Its not after market. some of the factory tints are actually glued to the windows. its a limited special edition with very dark tints at the rear windows and boot. If you tell a police your car is factoru tint, he would still find a sharp object to test it because of the abov reason.
Ok at this point I will asume u have never been in close proximity to one,here in the west its nt called tinted glass,its called privacy glass,darken glass that allows limited ammount of light throug.the ones U are reffering to are the ones with films glued to them.typical example of that would be ur breakable eating dish n ur tv stand that has black or dark glass U get me.
Re: Police Or VIO: Who Should Check Road Worthiness Certificate? by Dozieson(m): 10:09am On Dec 31, 2014
Goodmorning all.
i have an issue at hand. I went to VIO's office, Abj for vehicle license renewal and to my surprise i was given commercial instead of private. I complained and they said it doesn't matter. My car is camry 2000.I don't use it for commercial purposes. what is the implication of this?
Re: Police Or VIO: Who Should Check Road Worthiness Certificate? by erico2k2(m): 12:28pm On Dec 31, 2014
Dozieson:
Goodmorning all.
i have an issue at hand. I went to VIO's office, Abj for vehicle license renewal and to my surprise i was given commercial instead of private. I complained and they said it doesn't matter. My car is camry 2000.I don't use it for commercial purposes. what is the implication of this?
It matters go bck and change it, you paid for it grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Determine When It's Safe To Overtake (Photos) A Must Read / Inside Kazeem's Dictionary: Nicknames For Car Parts / Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.