Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) (27585 Views)

Da Grin If I Die Lyrics / Da Grin Is Dead! / I Heard Da Grin Is Dead : Please Somebody Confirm! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by mecussey(m): 9:34am On Apr 26, 2010
Rest in peace is for everybody, but he went so early; something must kill a man sha, may his gangstar soul rest in peace! Praise God?
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by pheesayor(m): 9:36am On Apr 26, 2010
Dude knew he was going to die, I'm sure he made peace with God before he died, probably when he came out of coma.

Hear him. ,  I know say heaven dey, good and evil dey, na if you wan chop cake you go know say heaven dey!!!

My own interpretation is that he saw death coming and was trying to make peace with God. He even sounds depressed on that song, it was obvious.  cry

#Still Pheesayor!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by rhamz: 9:39am On Apr 26, 2010
R.I.P Omo Ogun

Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by ezeomoba: 9:47am On Apr 26, 2010
edlyne records n da grins manager should stop all release of his unreleased songs.i would pay #200 for "if i die " single on cd.
this could help his family
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by TemiladeE1(f): 9:49am On Apr 26, 2010
r.i.p soulja boy cry

Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by bisiaet: 9:51am On Apr 26, 2010
It was very unfortunate he died so young he is a talented guy. I so much felt for him and his family for the great loss may he rest in eternal peace. He is lovely guy everybody will miss him.
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by CuteTj(m): 10:25am On Apr 26, 2010
I don't think he had a premonition about death. It just tells you that these people are aware of death and coupled with the life they live, it could be sooner or later.
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by geedup(m): 10:41am On Apr 26, 2010
Plz can someone give me a download link for this song "if i die" by dagrin?? Thanks people
I WONDER IF HEAVEN GOT A GHETTO 4 HIM, RIP DAGRIN
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by eminemkayc: 11:03am On Apr 26, 2010
too bad, they somehow kind of predict their deaths. . . EMINEM predicted PROOF'S death in "LIKE TOY SOLDIERS" and PROOF was killed and shot just the same way the video predicts!! too bad da grin did same. . . sad sad sad
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by FBS: 11:54am On Apr 26, 2010
See LYRICS!!! shocked.

But we will do what you asked of us. . . no tears.
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by Fest7: 12:17pm On Apr 26, 2010
DA GRIN u would'nt have died like dis.R.I.P 2 A LEGEND
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by quadrillio(m): 12:21pm On Apr 26, 2010
geedup:

Plz can someone give me a download link for this song "if i die" by dagrin?? Thanks people
I WONDER IF HEAVEN GOT A GHETTO 4 HIM, RIP DAGRIN

http://www.esnips.com/doc/98ed63c2-7a3e-4473-8153-439476ebabce/01-Da-Grin---If--I--Die

R.I.P. Barack O'Grin
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by nateone(m): 12:40pm On Apr 26, 2010
words from our tongue is very powerful - talk about death , you get death - ask TUPAC
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 26, 2010
nateone:

words from our tongue is very powerful - talk about death , you get death - ask TUPAC
hmmmm!
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by byoolaleye(m): 1:50pm On Apr 26, 2010
i was sad to learn that he was gone. But i feel his music will be in our mind.

I fill been a rapper, He made that lyrics or line in the track "if i die, please do not for me"

that line goes a long way to me, he does know he was going to go soon but he speak like a rapper, gangster, you know there ways.

But generally, i am gonna miss him.

some of his lines below.

Omo ajepaki, to ti d'eyan pataki,

Everytime ni mo n ba Olorun soro, but ko so nkan kan, but ni heaven mo mo pe o n plan nkan kan,

Everyday ni mo se n fight fun freedom, bi mo se n fight mo n apply wisdom,

Emi l'oba ninu game yi, Da Grin omo Ogun, Se mo Barack Obama emi ni Barack O'grin,,
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by Binary(m): 2:15pm On Apr 26, 2010
Death And Life are in the power of Tongue They that love it shall eat the fruit thereof, Say The Holy Bible. It's Painful to loss You (Da Grin)But Why must U used ur mouth to cause ur death? "If I Die" Look at what u hv caused everybody now! i can hold my tears!!!! cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry. R.I.P
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by styles2009: 3:17pm On Apr 26, 2010
We never realise till they are gone, 2pac, Biggie and Da'grin, all died in their 20's.

Our prophets are going to soon, hope we learn alot from their music, they all left behind and as for me, i listened to that track "If i Die", like he said, don't cry for me and let me rest, am following his words,so i would also miss him.

R.I.P - Da' Grin sad
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by rclbrz2211: 3:58pm On Apr 26, 2010
I feel you Shabbie. Edlyne records or wateva his record label is, they're way too dumb. no business sense at all. that track would have fetched so much royalties in the future but one fool quickly rushed to upload it for the world to download. one of the short comings of getting too connected online. FB, BB etc. Look at diddy of bad boys records, some tracks of biggie his still drops till date that you wouldnt believe biggie himself sang it. wat about Pac. I no go surprise if the record label drop all the guy unreleased songs within d next 2 months. dumb dumb
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by chrisrock(m): 4:28pm On Apr 26, 2010
For me i think he knew it was coming,he sounded depressed on that song,as if it he was dying already.RIP DA GRIN,we all miss you,but GOD loves you more.
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by kushe: 4:40pm On Apr 26, 2010
i want to attempt to put things in perspective for the myriad thoughts and ideas out there

i love dagrin and miss him eventhough we are almost a decade apart but the truth must be told.
why blame dagrin for his own death when you never at 22 experienced what he encountered,poverty,talent,rejection,
persistence,opportunity,instant success,cross over appeal,money,booze,women,drugs,foreign travels,love by even full blown butters etc

i know folks 10 years older who just got that dream job and went bunkers on life,swearing never to get married and
make every sad experience in their past pay for denying them of all their fantasies.there are a billion dagrins out there,
they are just not destined to go down that route cos before we were conceived, ''IT WAS WRITTEN''

why blame the doctors,most of whom loved dagrin just as much as you and i and fought valiantly to save his life.ignorance is bliss
cos most of you think all you need to be is a celebrity and then when u cough you get placed in an ambulance jet to england,india or south africa.
it would hav still taken 5 days if not more for dagrin to be airlifted even if there was the willingness and these are the reasons why.

3am   gboooooooos[alakara police station,sleeping on duty policemen are awakened by sudden  bang and shattering of glass]

3.20  dagrin is finally freed from the wreckage,time of impact was 20 mins ago and he has beeen unconsscious cos of some haemorrhage either in or outside the dura mata[a membrane like covering for the brain] and if he was drunk,remember alcohol is a sedative and the mildest form of anesthesia

3.45 t&s advice the policemen who brought him to take him to luth[i havent read that any first aid was given him at this point] ,clock is ticking.

4.30 police realize after phonecall to last dialled no that this guy is a celebrity and call the station to make sure no one touches his car,afterall money fit dey inside,celebrity no dey waka without kudi for awon boys[they remove his plate numbers]

5 am a very tired  house officer recognises dagrin after the nurses who see tonnes die yearly simply waved him aside claiming there was no bed.he was bumping kondo just the day before and starts yelling to get things moving but you cant sudddenly jolt a dead system back to live.dagrin prolly
got first medication 2 hours after impact.and in medicine time is of the essence and that is why an accident is called an emergency.

as dagrin bled,a thousand and one things started to happen in his body,some reversible,others not so depending on what part of the brain,its stem or the spinal cord was damaged.whether you are in new york,istanbul,adelaide or okitipupa,the first moments after and what help you receive determine if you live,die or suffer irreparable damage.

1 Like

Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by TruMantra(m): 5:06pm On Apr 26, 2010
^^^Kushe, you've hit the ball way out of the park with your analysis.
We might have had Dagrin with us today of Nigeria had some semblance of healthcare in place. Countless die everyday in this exact same way and nobody says a thing because they are not celebrities.
Let's hope that this sad incident will turn things around for good somehow.
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by matiltomd(f): 5:20pm On Apr 26, 2010
@ Kushe, u know i love u a whole lot, smiley smiley That was a fab analysis,

Da-Drin, they say it's not the years in your life that counts, but the life in your years, The few years you spent on earth were filled with life,
Rest in Peace bro!
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by kushe: 5:28pm On Apr 26, 2010
IT IS WRITTEN

do people really sense they are about to die?i aint  no pro in the metaphysical but in dagrin's case i say prolly not.

listen to the record carefully and you would realize this was no serious record.he was just vibin on a beat and prolly never intended for you and i to hear this song.he sounded tipsy,his timing was off and at the beginning his rhyming waint ill unlike his instantly recognisable genius.

maybe he was experiencing an out of the body experience as he sang but trust me this was a very free freestyle,no message intended.

as fate would hav  it,he actually died and now all the theories.we live,we die,be we great or small.dagrin was small but mighty and as is usually the case they leave with a bang and in this case an unsolved mystery.

THE BUSINESS OF CELEBRITY DEATH

in business you can cash in on a celebrity's demise only if he or she was an icon.dagrin till before his death would hav been considered too young to be considered a legend but then along came the grim reaper bestowing on him what a dozen award shows had no power to. THE STATUS OF A LEGEND.

whoever released ''if i die'' did an absolutely brilliant thing and has only exploded his persona turning him into an enigma of some sort.now his management shouldn't allow profiteering from all quarters but should help the public to mourn him by organizing some crazy dagrin themed events,concerts,establish a  foundation promoting safe driving in conjuction with the frsc etc. they should give us befitting memorabilia,his favourite t shirt,grafitti trainers,his best photographed poses etc

dagrin has most likely sold more cds after his accident than the entire length of his spotlight fame but to whose advantage.i am sorry i doubt if his parents would be getting any check and neither would edlyne,but trust me the guy pirating his cd in alaba took a stash to the bank today and will continue in the days to come.

this type of occurence is uncommon and so people usually respond too slowly and i guess edlyne as a record label was just too dazed to make a statement or take a sound business decision and in the process they hav lost millions unfortunately.

1 Like

Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by medal: 5:33pm On Apr 26, 2010
miss u dagrin.Till we meet again
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by donfade: 6:31pm On Apr 26, 2010
never loved his track initally, but at the news of his death my heart grieved bitter for him coz he will sure set the pace and now his no more
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by Samuel1580: 7:10pm On Apr 26, 2010
In events like this peple chat different things, positive, negative and some bullshit.

@ Shabbie, Ezeomobia and reibr22211. , You guyz said Edlyne records is shit, dumb and foolish. I guess next time it is best you keep quite and find out the truth. Do you guys ever think a record label in their right senses would release any thing from the most sort after artiste minutes after his death?

Men, the song was not released by Edlyne records, neither was it released by any of its staffs. The song was released by one of Dagrins friend that he trusted with copies of his songs. After recording tracks the record label has a copy and the artist has a copy just incase they listen to it and want to change verses as they are not final versions.

Just a few hours after dagrins death, his so called friend released the song just about when his management was about to put calls out to everyone that might have one or two recordings with them eg producer, studio engineers etc.

@ Kushe, thanks for your contribution. the music industry in Nigeria is not structured and there is a lot of things that are hidden and record label cannot control.

The management will definitely make his legacy live on. There would be yearly tribute concerts and a whole lot of other things. But for now the focus is on giving him a well deserved burial.

To those that said "why didnt his record label fly him out" all your questions would be answered after his burial. We need to respect his family, friend and his soul.
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Apr 26, 2010
It's painful though, we all saw him grew from nothing to something and when it was time to reap where he had sowed then death reaped where it did not sow.
Death has always been a bad reaper, reaping when the fruit is not yet matured.
Flying him out,giving him first aid, all that na mere talk and we are mortals who knows nothing but only GOD does.
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by Akin9ja: 8:03pm On Apr 26, 2010
There is something hidden, about all the whole thing, can someone just tell me what Da grin means by "Kole ye won"?
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by nelsondgod(m): 10:27pm On Apr 26, 2010
I tink dis suld b a lesson to all Nairalanders.
Dis talented young man is too conscious of death n his unrighteous life.
Though,we shall all die or leave dis world 1day,but let life be ur confession.
As 4 me,he didn't see death coming,bt he confessed it too much.
NAIRALANDERS,USE YOUR TONGUE POSITIVELY.EVEN IF U NO FEAR DEATH,DONT BE AWARE OF ITS EXISTENCE.
Dagrin is my favourite,his pix is rite on my phone n his song his my ringing tone-my own way 2 mourn him.
R.i.p. Dagrin
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by maedan(f): 10:39pm On Apr 26, 2010
Just listened to the song. Why would a talented, vibrant and young man sing about death in such a depressing way? The lyrics were deep though. He was wise beyond his years. Well let him rest, as he asked us to do in the track.
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by jarkbauer: 10:46pm On Apr 26, 2010
Dis talented young man is too conscious of death n his unrighteous life.

are you God to declare him unrighteous.the guy talked about death because of those he chooses to follow.50cents 2pac biggie.gangsters lifestyle.
Re: Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) by damola1: 10:50pm On Apr 26, 2010
Reminded me of 2pac Shakur.

Fact is: they both played it rough on the verge of death,

Peace out Da Grin,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pls Where Can I Download Free Mp3 Songs? / One Or More Lines Of A Song U're Feelin / Amy Winehouse Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.