Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie (59833 Views)

Osas Ighodaro Wins Best Female Dressed At AMVCA 2022 Red Carpet / Denola Gray Wins Best Male Dressed At AMVCA 2022 Red Carpet / How Kenyan's Dressed To See "Black Panther" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie by kabie(m): 4:31pm On Feb 21, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Overrated nonsense.
Idiot u!....ur father!!!!....take five!!!!olodo.dare insult black panther again!!olosho!

1 Like

Re: Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie by usibengate(m): 4:32pm On Feb 21, 2018
Na ooo
Re: Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie by dasparrow: 4:36pm On Feb 21, 2018
opribo:
They should have ordered for latest African fashion designs from home.

Some of them look like they just managed to fit into anything they can lay their hands on..

Africa is home of fashion.

The people in those pictures are black Americans and not Africans. Many Nigerian ladies residing in USA have up to date fashion from Nigeria and not these funny looking outfits this black Americans in these pictures are wearing.

2 Likes

Re: Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie by otipoju(m): 4:56pm On Feb 21, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
Exactly. It's appalling. I engage them instead.

Western media houses like Fox News and BBC, especially Fox News, have planted in them a single story of Africa(ns). It's heartbreaking.

When you remember that these are our brothers and family that left with that slave ship your heart breaks even further. To me, every black anywhere in the world is African except he's a mutant.

Some of them are genuinely angry at the growth of Africa while many are just like the white racists for which they invented Black Lives Matter.

The greatest mistake they make is to think that the evil slave trade is not part of the history of Africa.

They have this ignorant mindset that " your ancestors sold our forefathers into slavery, therefore we are justified in hating you."

This is the pervading mindset among many of them and the basis of their interactions with you.

How many people I go explain to say no be so the real story go.

Unfortunately, cutting off themselves from the language, the culture and even visiting their origin has a devastating effect on them.

West Africa is still there..it can be visited.
The languages are still there...they can be learned.
The food ,the dressing and other elements of culture remains and can be integrated

2 Likes

Re: Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie by OsuGanja(m): 5:18pm On Feb 21, 2018
whirlwind7:
smiley
Seemed like a lot of folks headed to watch the movie reached out to fellow African-Americans, telling them to wear native African dresses.
A friend who was going to the cinema told me she was going to wear something of that nature. Thought it was an isolated, spur of the moment idea. Didn't realize a lot more people made similar decision.

That's cool. Thanks to a Hollywood blockbuster, Black people have yet another reason to be proud.

Don’t you think this movie is overrated?? I’m not 100% sure but a white man must have directed this movie,yea all black cast,on American soil and I think basically whites have found another easy way to control blacks again.. Black panther won’t stop unnecessary killing of Blacks or all that.. I’m just saying pls no rubbish quotes
Re: Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie by Bitterleafsoup: 5:19pm On Feb 21, 2018
dasparrow:

That is because Africans have had enough with those bigoted black Americans. Black Americans don't like Africans and they don't like Afro Caribbean folks either calling them "damn coconuts" and calling Africans "African bootyscratcher" and asking stupid questions like "do we have houses in Africa?" "Do we have shopping malls in Africa?" One even asked me whether Africans use deodorant.

Back in the day, my roommate was a black lady from the Dominican Republic. She narrated to me how black Americans made her miserable at the job all because she is not from America. I have a lot of friends from the Caribbean. They all complained about black Americans so please spare me.

If you are born and raised in America and speak with a black American accent, then yes, Nigerians will think you are a black American and avoid you because ain't nobody got time to keep dealing with the Caucasians and their constant racism towards black people and then deal again with black American bigots.

Sane Africans and black immigrants in the USA keep away from dem hateful American Negroes!
Sorry you attracted the negative ones. Thank God that is not my experience, over 10 have come to Nigeria with me, even one followed me home from college fell in love and got married. Others fill their house with the art of our ancestors, every year an Igbo man has a huge event in Los Angeles where African Americans are initiated into an African tribe and one family takes them under their wing. Google Goodwill Awards the Pan African Film Festivals happens every year for 20 years where they have an African Market and films for 7 days celebrating African culture. I pray one day your Chi guides you to what I have experienced.

3 Likes

Re: Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie by fpeter(f): 5:32pm On Feb 21, 2018
That man wearing a long red gown, Chineke! Warriz dat shocked shocked
Re: Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie by Papadoh(m): 5:38pm On Feb 21, 2018
WAKANDA FOREVER!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie by bencarson007(m): 6:05pm On Feb 21, 2018
Titugirl:
Lol...are you in ph?
Not presently jare. I dey Benin
Re: Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie by DSDLIVEREPORT: 6:26pm On Feb 21, 2018
Black always matter
Re: Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie by jantavanta(m): 7:49pm On Feb 21, 2018
OsuGanja:

Don’t you think this movie is overrated?? I’m not 100% sure but a white man must have directed this movie,yea all black cast,on American soil and I think basically whites have found another easy way to control blacks again.. Black panther won’t stop unnecessary killing of Blacks or all that.. I’m just saying pls no rubbish quotes

I would prefer to say that this movie is the product of a long dream of having their superhero that looks like Black People from an African country Wakanda that is different from what High School, CNN and Time Magazine teaches about Africa.

It is psychologically twisting to raise Black Children on White Superman and White Wonder Woman.

We in Africa may not feel their joy, because most of the images we see everyday are our semblance.

2 Likes

Re: Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie by jantavanta(m): 8:03pm On Feb 21, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
That's great. I only [b] wish Black Americans show real love to the Africans around them. [/b ]They should stop seeing other Blacks from Africa as lower people. It's not enough to claim you love Africa and Black Panther but disdain Africans schooling or working in your country just because they didn't come through the demonic slave ship. The truth is, every black person, whether they agree or not, has an African bloodline.

Some say that Africans trooped into USA to build on the opportunities created after African-Americans fought for against racism. There may be this bitterness that Africans have not done enough for Africa.

I think there is a similar problem with Nigerians in South Africa.

If African-Americans and Africans jointly worship a White God, then what is the basis for unity?

The first step in that direction, is for Africans to recognize a God in their own image.

We have work to do in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:27pm On Feb 21, 2018
jantavanta:

Some say that Africans trooped into USA to build on the opportunities created after African-Americans fought for against racism. There may be this bitterness that Africans have not done enough for Africa.

I think there is a similar problem with Nigerians in South Africa.

If African-Americans and Africans jointly worship a White God, then what is the basis for unity?

The first step in that direction, is for Africans to recognize a God in their own image.

We have work to do in Nigeria.
That's valid but in that case, rather than show disgust or condescend, they will show disappointment instead but this is not the case.

Our parents, siblings, relatives, friends and co. who 'Really love us' show more of disappointment than disdain when we fail. The African American case is mainly disdain.

Another thing is ignorance of history. A false history is a false basis for brotherly hate. The world is a global village and ignorance of slavery is mental incapacitation.

This was the exact thing Marcus Garvey had to deal. He recognised the systemic and entrenched brainwash program in the minds of the conquered blacks and knew nipping it is the elixir of our progression.

The worship of a White God is another good point. It's a program designed to associate evil for blackness and goodness for a white skin. I don't think we need our God. I think we need to demystify the Foreign Gods.

We don't have to create (except we want to totally control our people like the masons do Americans) illusions to get it right. We can simply puncture their illusions and all other illusions and get it right.
Re: Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie by 1Sharon(f): 9:00pm On Feb 21, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Overrated nonsense.

Agreed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie by NwaAmaikpe: 9:11pm On Feb 21, 2018
1Sharon:

Agreed!
shocked

My girl Lepasharon.
Where have you been!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie by nnamanirr: 10:04pm On Feb 21, 2018
smileyWow this is nice
Re: Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie by christ007(m): 11:53pm On Feb 21, 2018
African will always be African.but some people don't value what we have. I am proud to be an African �
Re: Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie by NUBBALLS: 7:37am On Feb 22, 2018
Dominicans hate Africans the most. African Americans, Jamaicans, & Haitians love Africans the most out of the African diaspora. African Americans are always fighting against racist Whites to protect Africa. They are very Pro Black & Pan African like Malcolm x is dey favorite. You have no truth from any Dominicans. Trust me. All Dominicans do is sell cocaine & hate Africa. Im live with theem in Ny. No good.

dasparrow:

That is because Africans have had enough with those bigoted black Americans. Black Americans don't like Africans and they don't like Afro Caribbean folks either calling them "damn coconuts" and calling Africans "African bootyscratcher" and asking stupid questions like "do we have houses in Africa?" "Do we have shopping malls in Africa?" One even asked me whether Africans use deodorant.

Back in the day, my roommate was a black lady from the Dominican Republic. She narrated to me how black Americans made her miserable at the job all because she is not from America. I have a lot of friends from the Caribbean. They all complained about black Americans so please spare me.

If you are born and raised in America and speak with a black American accent, then yes, Nigerians will think you are a black American and avoid you because ain't nobody got time to keep dealing with the Caucasians and their constant racism towards black people and then deal again with black American bigots.

Sane Africans and black immigrants in the USA keep away from dem hateful American Negroes!
Re: Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie by NUBBALLS: 7:46am On Feb 22, 2018
dasparrow:

The people in those pictures are black Americans and not Africans. Many Nigerian ladies residing in USA have up to date fashion from Nigeria and not these funny looking outfits this black Americans in these pictures are wearing.

Nigerian dont even want to start African fabric shop in America. Nigerian dey want to be white so chinese & India steal African fabric & make billions off of African Americans who love West Africa. We Nigerian are not proud that is why our money no dey.
Re: Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie by NUBBALLS: 8:01am On Feb 22, 2018
There is a big growing new movement for African Americans to unite & learn Africa. Why dont we unite with them instead of being negative. Atleast they are trying.
Re: Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie by Nobody: 8:42am On Feb 22, 2018
whirlwind7:
smiley
Seemed like a lot of folks headed to watch the movie reached out to fellow African-Americans, telling them to wear native African dresses.
A friend who was going to the cinema told me she was going to wear something of that nature. Thought it was an isolated, spur of the moment idea. Didn't realize a lot more people made similar decision.

That's cool. Thanks to a Hollywood blockbuster, Black people have yet another reason to be proud.

""Seemed like a lot of folks headed to watch the movie reached out to fellow African-Americans, telling them to wear native African dresses""

Not necessarily.
Re: Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie by Horus(m): 10:14am On Feb 22, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn3JAODsqUQ

Nigerian cinema fans celebrate 'Black Panther' release

Film fans, actors and comic enthusiasts in Nigeria's commercial capital Lagos have been flocking to screenings of Marvel superhero movie "Black Panther" which opened in Africa's most populous country this week.
Re: Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie by samkevie: 3:51pm On Feb 23, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Overrated nonsense.
As in ehn,after all the anticipation,imm heartbroken
Re: Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie by aiir2303(m): 2:55pm On Feb 24, 2018
mceze:

What's Ubuntu?

Re: Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie by PurpleNneoma: 8:07pm On Feb 24, 2018
Re: Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie by Luchiana1(f): 4:36pm On Oct 08, 2018
Re: Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie by Nostradamus: 10:33am On Dec 17, 2018
Overrated piece of shit.
Re: Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie by Ayobami7(m): 9:40am On Jan 23, 2019
好的
Re: Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie by xamuell: 11:48am On Nov 18, 2019
ELKHALIFAISIS:
nothing about Africa worth to celebrate...
then you and I can do something worthy of celebration. No one is destined for stagnancy. So I believe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

TVC News Resumes Broadcasting (Photos) / BBNaija: Tacha's Knuckles And Face That Got People Talking (Photos) / BBNaija: Nina's Ex Boyfriend Reacts After She Kissed Miracle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.