Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,649 members, 7,823,837 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo (26087 Views)

Yusuf Sununu Asks CPN To Prosecute 'Unregistered' IT Professionals / How Can I Assist My Father Recover What Was Stolen From Him By The Government? / Law Regulating The Amount Of Cash Salary Paid By An Employer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo by SoulB6: 8:18pm On Feb 21, 2018
Gradually we will be there
Re: The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo by TheKingIsHere: 8:22pm On Feb 21, 2018
Very soon they will start regulating nairaland.

Sebi some nairaland mods dey support buhari, by the time the amount of money seun makes is greatly affected by this useless government everybody's eyes will clear

1 Like

Re: The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 21, 2018
I will never pay tax from the commercial usage of my personal laptop i bought with my own personal money.
Re: The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo by Ipfreely: 8:23pm On Feb 21, 2018
fratermathy:
No harm here. Let's stop blowing things out of proportion.

Please do not make these rather Ill informed remarks.

This is a problem. A very significant problem. Just as problematic and significant is how this was proposed, sponsored and passed with assent by the president without any public hearing of any sort.

When governments attempt to index and regulate certain professional endeavours in this sort of underhanded manner, There's a problem.

A really huge problem.

1 Like

Re: The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo by georgeceekay: 8:23pm On Feb 21, 2018
Shithole!

Instead of encouragment, Nigeria rather prefers to make it unfavorable and shut it down.
Re: The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo by UduMgbo1: 8:23pm On Feb 21, 2018
[s]
igbodefender:
Say No to regulation of social media.

Buhari till 2023; Igbo Presidency in 2023.
[/s]
you mean afonjadefender cheesy
Re: The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo by Awoo88: 8:26pm On Feb 21, 2018
oteneaaron:
Is this the Change we voted for?

The Government is going to destroy an Industry it never helped build. All ICT service providers ( whether a firm, student, or Freelancer) would have to pay money monthly to be regulated by the CPN ( Computer professionals( registration Council) of Nigeria.).....

Just Imagine.

Take a look at the Website of a Body regulating IT professionals.....SMH -- www.cpn.gov.ng
Buhari is a dullard of first class order but you need license to practice. If that is what they are asking you to pay, quiet and pay

1 Like

Re: The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo by Ipfreely: 8:26pm On Feb 21, 2018
Knowing our potential for excess in this country, it wouldn't take a lot for 'regulation' to become censure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo by stankezzy: 8:26pm On Feb 21, 2018
I stand with buhari till 2023, una think say na only una wicked abi, do me I do u , I will personally vote for him as retaliation

Re: The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo by dfrost: 8:29pm On Feb 21, 2018
oteneaaron:

Just Imagine.

Take a look at the Website of a Body regulating IT professionals.....SMH -- www.cpn.gov.ng

Please stop politicizing everything.

1 Like

Re: The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo by dfrost: 8:34pm On Feb 21, 2018
Awoo88:

Buhari is a dullard of first class order but you need license to practice. If that is what they are asking you to pay, quiet and pay

Thanks for that. People should be regulated and be legit. It's not even expensive.

Less than $60 for yearly dues.

1 Like

Re: The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo by ekenzify(m): 8:36pm On Feb 21, 2018
dfrost:
grin

This body has been existing for a long time now. I'm surprised at Nigerians.

I've been a member since my days in school. We also have NCS.

Both are the equivalent of BCS and ACS.

They exist to protect exploitation of IT people from crooked employers.

I don't know why it's surprising folks here on NL. I think this came a bit late sef

1 Like

Re: The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo by sunbilor(m): 8:36pm On Feb 21, 2018
dfrost:
grin

The law, not the body, is what is being contested here.

1 Like

Re: The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo by sapientia(m): 8:38pm On Feb 21, 2018
Its not a bad thing.

Am only worried that they will add corruption to it and kill the IT industry.

Not only that.. they lack the capability to regulate freelancers..

1 Like

Re: The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo by ukejejohnson(m): 8:40pm On Feb 21, 2018
Yinxies:
We no go gree!

The only way man pikin dey survive you want to come and regulate. What are they regulating sef

You no dey hear Yahoo boy no lapi? Go offline bro and repent[color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

Re: The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo by dfrost: 8:40pm On Feb 21, 2018
eleojo23:
So Chinedu who is running a small computer training center near my house should go and register?

And Ayo who owns a cyber cafe/photocopy shop along my street should also go and register?

This law is vague
They should outline the level and scale of service that fall within the provisions of that law.
Does it apply to people who provide these services on a large scale or on any scale at all?

Yes Ayo, Chinedu and even Waziri will need to be registered and regulated. It saves them.

Wonder why ICAN, NMA, COREN all exist as a body.

1 Like

Re: The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo by mekaboy(m): 8:41pm On Feb 21, 2018
So you pay every year, whether you get job or not. How does government support IT people? Do they give grants?

I am sure Bill gates and others got some funding from their government. All our government thinks about is how to take.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo by bigtt76(f): 8:45pm On Feb 21, 2018
Good news! It would save us from bloggers like the one who thinks money can be drawn from ATM using MTN sim pack

oteneaaron:

The Government is going to destroy an Industry it never helped build. All ICT service providers ( whether a firm, student, or Freelancer) would have to pay money monthly to be regulated by the CPN ( Computer professionals( registration Council) of Nigeria.).....

Just Imagine.

1 Like

Re: The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo by ukejejohnson(m): 8:45pm On Feb 21, 2018
eleojo23:
So Chinedu who is running a small computer training center near my house should go and register?

And Ayo who owns a cyber cafe/photocopy shop along my street should also go and register?

This law is vague
They should outline the level and scale of service that fall within the provisions of that law.
Does it apply to people who provide these services on a large scale or on any scale at all?

Brotherly I read IT professionals, Not people like those you mentioned. According to that letter chinedu and Ayo are free [color=#006600][/color]
Re: The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo by dfrost: 8:47pm On Feb 21, 2018
sunbilor:
The law, not the body, is what is being contested here.

I support the law. Let all local content providers be registered. Do you know how much Nigeria is losing to the outside world? Mastercard with a company I won't on this thread are responsible for National ID card meanwhile we have local companies they can do that.

I'm on the road now. I'll soon post something they will shock you from the body.

It tells you how much should be paid to an IT professional be it employed or consulting. Also based on levels and cadre.

If all IT professionals come together as one, no one will bamboozled.

The body has been fighting for this a long time now but no one listened.

About time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo by ukejejohnson(m): 8:49pm On Feb 21, 2018
Would they be able to catch all this internet fraudulent? Like Huspupi and co

They are spoiling our country and called G-boy and wire wire. I love this implementation only if it will be properly carried out.

Oya guys is time for legitimate work
Re: The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 21, 2018
The website looks ugly sef
Re: The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo by BetaThings: 8:53pm On Feb 21, 2018
Newbiee:
IPOB no go kii pesin for this Buhari matter.
President is trying to bring local content into IT contracting of Government services for the benefit of the Nigerian IT practitioners, you are here wailing without minding to know the motive behind the executive order. Or do you prefer us to always rely on foreigners to provide service for our IT industry.

You must not wail on everything.

dfrost:
grin

They are fast turning Nairaland into a propaganda portal
Re: The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo by dfrost: 8:54pm On Feb 21, 2018
Northmall:
The website looks ugly sef

Yes the website is not the best. It's time for you to sell yourself to them if you are legit and worth your onions. wink
Re: The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo by BetaThings: 8:57pm On Feb 21, 2018
dfrost:

Please stop politicizing everything.

The only hope of a lot of guys on Nairaland is for JAMB special centres now
What do you expect?
Re: The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo by dfrost: 9:00pm On Feb 21, 2018
BetaThings:

The only hope of a lot of guys on Nairaland is for JAMB special centres now
What do you expect?

I don't seem to understand you. Please clarify further. Thanks.
Re: The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo by SirLakes: 9:01pm On Feb 21, 2018
dfrost:

Thanks for that. People should be regulated and be legit. It's not even expensive.

Less than $60 for yearly dues.

$60 for what exactly, I am not understanding
Re: The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo by sunbilor(m): 9:01pm On Feb 21, 2018
dfrost:

I support the law. Let all local content providers be registered. Do you know how much Nigeria is losing to the outside world? Mastercard with a company I won't on this thread are responsible for National ID card meanwhile we have local companies they can do that.

I'm on the road now. I'll soon post something they will shock you from the body.

It tells you how much should be paid to an IT professional be it employed or consulting. Also based on levels and cadre.

If all IT professionals come together as one, no one will bamboozled.

The body has been fighting for this a long time now but no one listened.

About time.
It is not about what the individual members gain, rather what the government gains from the bodies.
Re: The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo by sparko1(m): 9:04pm On Feb 21, 2018
IchimokuPilot:
IT professionals, what are you waiting for?
Concentrate on perpetually hacking this website.
This is cyber war declared by an illiterate govt.
Prove Roentgen that they are on war very far behind enemy line here.... grin
They have abandoned Shekau for you. Mmm grin
Even here, they will get their usual 100% failure score.

Forget those propaganda, that organization has been in existence for long, I studied computer science and I have registered since 2014, so stop the crying and concentrate on better things!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo by OBAGADAFFI: 9:12pm On Feb 21, 2018
sparko1:

Forget those propaganda, that organization has been in existence for long, I studied computer science and I have registered since 2014, so stop the crying and concentrate on better things!

And you can't properly upload a certificate grin

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC Portal For The Engagement Of Election Staff Now Open (All You Need to Know) / Is There A Decent Way He Could End This Affair With His Married Boss? / 4.58million Nigerians Became Jobless In Buhari's Administation - NBS Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.