Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,349 members, 7,957,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:07 AM

Quote Of The Day 1 - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Quote Of The Day 1 (2869 Views)

DAY 1 Meditations And Prayers: MFM 70 Days Fasting And Prayer / Powerful Quote Of The Day By Pastor Adeboye / Post A Comment From Your Pastor That Is Worthy Of Quote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by Oby1(f): 10:12am On Oct 05, 2007
"The love of money is the root of all evil." He who tries to attain unto it quickly, or dishonestly, will fall into many snares, no doubt about that.
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:55am On Oct 05, 2007
"If ever a perfectly goodly man ever lived he will be crucified"

-- Plato
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by dreamnaira(m): 8:17pm On Oct 07, 2007
prayer cannot change God, but will change the person that offers it

''the righteous perish and no one ponders it in his heart. Devout men are taken away and no one understands that the righteous are taken to be spared from evil''

''Those who walk uprightly enter into peace. They find rest as they lie in death.''

''To KNOW the will of God is the greatest KNOWLEDGE, to FIND the will of God is the greatest DISCOVERY and to DO the will of God is the greatest ECHIEVEMENT''
---ANDREW EWO
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by larriederm(m): 5:10pm On Oct 09, 2007
when you give upward ,u are on your way upward
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by Bblak(f): 4:09pm On Oct 10, 2007
Do unto others what you will want them do to you. lipsrsealed
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:21pm On Oct 14, 2007
"Everyone who is seriously interested in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a Spirit is manifest in the laws of the universe—a Spirit vastly superior to man, and one in the face of which our modest powers must feel humble."

- Albert Einstein
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 16, 2007
"Every Man Dies, But Not Every Man Really Lives" by William Wallace during the 13th century at Scotland
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:49pm On Oct 18, 2007
"The history of man teaches us that man learns nothing from history."

- unknown
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by larriederm(m): 3:08pm On Oct 18, 2007
WHEN YOU KNOW THE RIGHT THINGS TO DO, YOU DETERMINE THE HAPPENING WITHOUT SWEAT!
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by larriederm(m): 3:28pm On Oct 18, 2007
until u are oppressed u can not  be depressed!!!! depression is the gate way to oppression!
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 18, 2007
When bad luck chooses one as a companion, even an over-ripe banana can remove one's teeth, by my grandfather
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by pilgrim1(f): 5:12pm On Oct 18, 2007
"Those whom you have not seen for a long time are dearer to you than those you yarn with quite often" - pilgrim.1

Enitan2002, how body? I hope you no go e-vex just now? I go communicate soon! grin
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 19, 2007
"There's no rose without a thorn" by Anonymous

pilgrim, i kuku dey, shebi u don forget me
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:52am On Oct 19, 2007
Atheism is the death of hope, the suicide of the soul.
There is nothing so costly as ignorance.

- Horace Mann.

No man is a consistent atheist.

- R. B. Kuiper.
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by hamabra(m): 2:11pm On Oct 19, 2007
dont tell god how big ur problems are rather tell the problems how big ur god is
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by cgift(m): 3:09pm On Oct 19, 2007
Ensure you grease your reason in season. cgift
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by TayoD1(m): 6:46pm On Oct 19, 2007
@topic,

Here are some quotes on success by someone I regard as a very fine Christian - peter j. Daniels.

1. Success is understanding that invariably truth is the first casualty in all conflicts, but in the end its incorruptible force will stand supreme.

2. Success is understanding that theorists suggest and pragmatists do.

3. succes is knowing what your inner belief will permit you to do.

4. I said bear pain, not be a pain! understand that pain is weakness escaping. Everyone has the ability to bear pai, but do they have the willingness to endure it for a higher benefit?

5. Success is understanding that lack of education does not prevent you from success - lack of vision does.
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by Timmi: 4:26am On Oct 20, 2007
[b]I PRAY THAT WE WILL ALL BE READY WHEN JESUS COMES.[/[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]b]
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by efuah(f): 11:26am On Oct 20, 2007
live your life as if God is coming the next minute
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:33pm On Oct 22, 2007
"I want to know how God created this world.  I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element.  I want to know His thoughts, the rest are details."

- Albert Einstein.
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:55am On Oct 23, 2007
"An optimist sees an opportunity in every calamity;  A pessimist sees a calamity in every opportunity".

- Sir Winston Churchill
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by kaylala(m): 12:02pm On Oct 23, 2007
A man gotta do what a man gotta do
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:33am On Oct 27, 2007
"NOT ONE CHANGE OF SPECIES INTO ANOTHER IS ON RECORD. We cannot
prove that a single species has ever changed."
- Charles Darwin
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by efuah(f): 9:53am On Oct 27, 2007
provided nobody struts or destroys a sprouted palm hernal, it will definitely grow into a palm tree efuah
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by tomX1(m): 5:46pm On Oct 30, 2007
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world around him.
The unreasonable man expects the world to adapt to him.
Therefore more progress is made by the unreasonable man.
---George Benard Shaw
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:20pm On Oct 31, 2007
"Western science grew out of Christian theology. It is probably not an accident that modern science grew explosively in Christian Europe and left the rest of the world behind. A thousand years of theological disputes nurtured the habit of analytical thinking that could be applied to the analysis of natural phenomena. On the other hand, the close historical relations between theology and science have caused conflicts between science and Christianity that do not exist between science and other religions"

- The mathematician Freeman Dyson
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by Oby1(f): 1:19pm On Nov 01, 2007
"Always acknowledge those who are ahead of you so that you will always learn to pursue, and never forget to acknowledge those behind you so that you will learn to be contented." Gabriel
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by pilgrim1(f): 2:25pm On Nov 01, 2007
Sent by my dear friend to my e-box:

Aristotle said: Give me a place to stand, and I'll move the world around!

(She) said: Dear Lord Jesus, with You in my heart, I will move Aristotle! grin
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by Oby1(f): 10:20am On Nov 02, 2007
"No matter how big your empire is, it is still a dot in the middle of planet earth. So humble yourself before the Creator and accept that you are nothing but a mortal man". Oby1
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by tomX1(m): 11:05am On Nov 02, 2007
I do my thing and you do your thing.
I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations,
and you are not in this world to live up to mine.
You are you and I am I.
But if by chance we find each other pleasing,
then it's beautifull.
---Anon.
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by Oby1(f): 10:23am On Nov 03, 2007
"The Lord has created us for himself and our hearts are restless until they rest in him". St. Augustine
Re: Quote Of The Day 1 by Oby1(f): 12:41pm On Nov 05, 2007
"The first world has made me to know what heaven is in comparison with the earth, how great the earth is in comparison with the womb as the first world."

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Many Nigerian Pastors Are Gay--bishop Ighele / Dr Fireman And Nigerian Preachers Are Decieving Us (a Video) / God Blessed Israel But Cursed Canaan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.