Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,448 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Many Nigerian Pastors Are Gay--bishop Ighele - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Many Nigerian Pastors Are Gay--bishop Ighele (2813 Views)

Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! / “These Top Nigerian Pastors Are Candidates Of Hell Fire” – 7rys Old Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Nigerian Pastors Are Gay--bishop Ighele by AloyEmeka5: 1:45am On Nov 06, 2010
Re: Many Nigerian Pastors Are Gay--bishop Ighele by e36991: 7:11am On Nov 06, 2010
@^^^

Homosexuality or sexual relationship between persons of the same sex, though condemned in the Bible, is gaining ground in many Nigerian churches with pastors involved in the ignominious act, a Lagos based bishop has disclosed.

Bishop Charles Ighele, General Superintendent of the Holy Spirit Mission Church also known as Family Church located in Akowonjo, a suburb of Lagos, South West Nigeria, revealed that he has delivered some pastors out of the abominable act.

The bishop who teaches family intimacy on television said in an interview: “Gay relationship or marriage is completely evil. Everywhere in the bible, homosexuality is condemned. You see, there is this laissez-faire attitude, people are free and do what they want. This western culture has also affected the church. But gay marriage or relationship is evil and completely anti-Christ.

“Some found themselves in it. Some were initiated into it. For your information, we have helped many gays out of it, including pastors.”

Ighele said that gays need help as they are grappling with forces beyond their control.
“I don’t condemn gays. Homosexuality is evil but I don’t call gays demons. It’s just like somebody who has malaria parasites, he needs help.  These people need help and it’s a very serious help. Most of them who had come to us or their partners had come to us, both lesbians and gays, we have helped them out. When you get close to them, you will have mercy on some of them,” he said.

The bishop has also set up a matchmaking agency to end late marriages among Christians in Nigeria. The agency is called Charles and Carol Matchmaking Agency.  The bishop’s wife is Pastor Carol Ighele.

He said: “We have set up a matchmaking agency to solve the problem of late marriages. It’s a dating agency. Already people are coming in. We are passionate about it and I can tell you that there are quite some professionals who cannot leave their offices from morning till night. We will not be matchmaking them, but linking them.

“We call it linking Abraham’s children, linking God’s children the Abraham’s way.  Just like Abraham’s son, Isaac, was linked to Rebecca. We carried out some studies and we found out that in those days, my parents and grandparents, all their marriages were through linking and a lot of them survived and they did better than today where we pick people along the road. We want to offer some services. You are linked, you know yourselves and the picture is clear.

“I believe in early marriages. There is a time for one to be born, nine months to carry a pregnancy. There is a time for everything that nature has arranged for certain things to be done at a certain time and when that thing is not done at a specific period, there is lack of confidence. Pressure begins to overtake you. I believe that there is an age when people must get married. I believe in early marriages.”

Lagosians who spoke with our correspondent this morning said the matchmaking agency is not a bad idea.

“There is nothing wrong with a matchmaking agency. I even believe it’s a good idea because it’s for a noble purpose. It allows young men to find young women and then develop the relationship which can lead to marriage. But the idea of the agency must be carefully handled because it is prone to abuse,” Kemi, a busy banker who works on Lagos Island but lives on the mainland said.

She added: “The pastor should just expose the guys to the ladies. He should let them develop their relationship and choose marriage on their own,” she added.

“The agency should have some checks to prevent abuses by unserious minded individuals who may want to take advantage of the agency,” said Ifeanyi.

—Simon Ateba
Re: Many Nigerian Pastors Are Gay--bishop Ighele by AloyEmeka5: 11:48pm On Nov 06, 2010
How did he know they are gay?
Re: Many Nigerian Pastors Are Gay--bishop Ighele by Image123(m): 4:18pm On Nov 07, 2010
Linking up abraham's kids, hahaha.
Aloy+Emeka:

How did he know they are gay?
After the link.
Re: Many Nigerian Pastors Are Gay--bishop Ighele by Joagbaje(m): 4:04am On Nov 08, 2010
Where is his oat of confidentiality, if he has to bring to open , the counselling that was carried out by trust and confidentially .

(1) (Reply)

Dear Atheists, Help A Brother In Need. / The 3 Kinds Of Men / Can We Form A Prayer Group Or Partners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.