Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Samsung Note, Anyone? - Phones (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Note, Anyone? (54098 Views)

Samsung Note 20 Ultra For Sale... / Why The Infinix Note 4 Pro Is Better Than The Samsung Note 8 / Samsung Note 4 Screen Available. Sold!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 8:44pm On Mar 14, 2019
ollah2:

It's not crushing anything tbh. 7nm arrived on the 980 kirin chipset last year and its presently on the 855 chipset released by Snapdragon. Go and check the reviews of iPhone xs max, Huawei mate 20 pro and Samsung galaxy s10 +.

Samsung released the exynos 9820 on 8nm which still work wonders and I have a feeling they are going back to the method of new chipset for note series which will see Samsung release a 7nm for Note 10 and Galaxy Fold.

This one nah chipset lecture o..... My own nah to use..... If then like, make then no put chipset inside........
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by ollah2: 9:08pm On Mar 14, 2019
Mizik:
can this work on a none Samsung phone?

It's only for Samsung devices running pie
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by ollah2: 9:08pm On Mar 14, 2019
Lexusgs430:

This one nah chipset lecture o..... My own nah to use..... If then like, make then no put chipset inside........

grin grin cheesy
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by banky3w(m): 9:30pm On Mar 14, 2019
Then what do I do this phone still stuck on December (which I had to flash) and still telling me that I have the latest update installed?

Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 9:45pm On Mar 14, 2019
banky3w:
Then what do I do this phone still stuck on December (which I had to flash) and still telling me that I have the latest update installed?

Meat pie is not for all........ grin

Either keep waiting or flash meat pie on........
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by walcolm(m): 10:46am On Mar 15, 2019
ollah2:

It's not crushing anything tbh. 7nm arrived on the 980 kirin chipset last year and its presently on the 855 chipset released by Snapdragon. Go and check the reviews of iPhone xs max, Huawei mate 20 pro and Samsung galaxy s10 +.

Samsung released the exynos 9820 on 8nm which still work wonders and I have a feeling they are going back to the method of new chipset for note series which will see Samsung release a 7nm for Note 10 and Galaxy Fold.

Lexusgs430:

looollllllllll

yeah...its a bit of a lecture because the android over iOS battle has always been lost at speed....every iteration of iPhone always manages to crush every android that existed before it and even most that comes out after...when Apple released the 10X last year, the difference in the result of speed test was not even a joke...the margin was ridiculous and what was different last year was the 7nm chipset in the iPhones against the 10nm of the SD845 & exynos 9810.

yes, the Kirin 980 in the huawei had a 7nm chip but that chipset did not outperform apple's custom 7nm in the iphones

Samsung S10 that comes with SD855 has a 7nm chipset while the Exynos9820 chipset is 8nm and if Apple doesn't reduce the size of the chipset in iPhone 11, you can be sure they will tweak the 7nm chipset to perform a whole lot better than last year's phones to justify not introducing a new chipset which means apple will pull even further away from androids that are only just trying to catch up with the 2018 iPhones in speed!!!!!

i just wish the android manufacturers will leapfrog iPhone on hardware/speed so apple is the one playing catch up the same way they have leapfrogged apple in design and software features

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e1eYgxrQiI
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 10:51am On Mar 15, 2019
walcolm:

looollllllllll

yeah...its a bit of a lecture because the android over iOS battle has always been lost at speed....every iteration of iPhone always manages to crush every android that existed before it and even most that comes out after...when Apple released the 10X last year, the difference in the result of speed test was not even a joke...the margin was ridiculous and what was different last year was the 7nm chipset in the iPhones against the 10nm of the SD845 & exynos 9810.

yes, the Kirin 980 in the huawei had a 7nm chip but that chipset did not outperform apple's custom 7nm in the iphones

Samsung S10 that comes with SD855 has a 7nm chipset while the Exynos9820 chipset is 8nm and if Apple doesn't reduce the size of the chipset in iPhone 11, you can be sure they will tweak the 7nm chipset to perform a whole lot better than last year's phones to justify not introducing a new chipset which means apple will pull even further away from androids that are only just trying to catch up with the 2018 iPhones in speed!!!!!

i just wish the android manufacturers will leapfrog iPhone on hardware/speed so apple is the one playing catch up the same way they have leapfrogged apple in design and software features

I think android is in a happy place..... Android devices, outsells Apple devices........

That is the gain...........
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by walcolm(m): 10:53am On Mar 15, 2019
banky3w:

android pie has not been released in all regions for all models....i do know it has been released in Nigeria and only just this week released for unlocked Note 9 for the US region...if your model is an unlocked US model, you need to check if it has been officially released or you hold on

i was stuck on Oreo OS December 1 2018 security patch until i updated this week and Pie OS came with February 1 2019 security patch
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by walcolm(m): 10:55am On Mar 15, 2019
Lexusgs430:

I think android is in a happy place..... Android devices, outsells Apple devices........

That is the gain...........

Gross Sales numbers...yes...Profit...not so much....all android hardware manufacturers except Samsung are no where near apple in profit from hardware sales alone....when you talk software revenue...apple kills them all
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by walcolm(m): 10:58am On Mar 15, 2019
ollah2:

It's only for Samsung devices running pie

just realized this 'Good lock" app has existed since Samsung S7 days and was even released for Samsung S6...that's like 3yrs ago....
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 10:58am On Mar 15, 2019
walcolm:

Gross Sales numbers...yes...Profit...not so much....all android hardware manufacturers except Samsung are no where near apple in profit from hardware sales alone....when you talk software revenue...apple kills them all

I am talking of sales unit figures........
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by ollah2: 11:18am On Mar 15, 2019
[sub][/sub]
walcolm:

looollllllllll

Benchmark means nothing for daily usages and iPhone xs max wasnt crushing its android counterparts on daily usages. For day to day apps they both performed well and iPhone has superior edge on video editing apps and some games.
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by ollah2: 11:18am On Mar 15, 2019
banky3w:

It seems you are on sprint.
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by ollah2: 11:20am On Mar 15, 2019
walcolm:

just realized this 'Good lock" app has existed since Samsung S7 days and was even released for Samsung S6...that's like 3yrs ago....

Yes but they keep updating it every year and this recent one is pretty sleek
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by walcolm(m): 11:27am On Mar 15, 2019
ollah2:
[sub][/sub]
Benchmark means nothing for daily usages and iPhone xs max wasnt crushing its android counterparts on daily usages. For day to day apps they both performed well and iPhone has superior edge on video editing apps and some games.

actually, bench marks mean everything....

when we talk about day to day usage...all phones perform well for day to day usage even phones as old as 7yrs just the same way all cars will get you from point A to B. the fact that a Maserati cool will get you from your house to your office the same way a Kia Rio grin will get you from your house to your office doesn't mean the size of the engine means nothing

1 Like

Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by ollah2: 11:48am On Mar 15, 2019
walcolm:

actually, bench marks mean everything....

when we talk about day to day usage...all phones perform well for day to day usage even phones as old as 7yrs just the same way all cars will get you from point A to B. the fact that a Maserati cool will get you from your house to your office the same way a Kia Rio grin will get you from your house to your office doesn't mean the size of the engine means nothing

Aite then
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 2:57pm On Mar 15, 2019
After Meat pie, i thought that was it...... Samsung said no o.......

We would continually spoil you........ grin

Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by walcolm(m): 3:45pm On Mar 15, 2019
cool cool cool cool

March security update!!...not bad...maybe i'll get that in June lipsrsealed
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 4:11am On Mar 16, 2019
walcolm:
cool cool cool cool

March security update!!...not bad...maybe i'll get that in June lipsrsealed

By the time you receive it in June, i would have received December's security update................ grin
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by walcolm(m): 10:41am On Mar 16, 2019
Llllllooooolllllllll....tufiakwa....I reject it IJN

I bind every evil finger that refuses to push the release button for note 9 March 1st security update...catch fire nnnnooooooowwwwwww!!!!!
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by walcolm(m): 4:43pm On Mar 17, 2019
Hello everyone, anything new in the galaxy?
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by banky3w(m): 5:47pm On Mar 17, 2019
walcolm:
Hello everyone, anything new in the galaxy?
I have to sideload android 9 one UI for my phone is what's new and my most trusted site doesn't have it yet cry
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by walcolm(m): 5:49pm On Mar 17, 2019
Why do you want to sideload? Which note model are you using?
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by jamesope04(m): 6:11pm On Mar 17, 2019
If you are in Ibadan and its environs, and you have an S5 battery for sale, kindly signify.
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by banky3w(m): 9:12pm On Mar 17, 2019
walcolm:
Why do you want to sideload? Which note model are you using?
Note 8
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by walcolm(m): 10:38pm On Mar 17, 2019
@lexusgs430 is using the same model and should be able to help you

Have you checked for the software update from your phone....android pie has been released for the note 8. Even March security update has dropped for that model
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 11:01pm On Mar 17, 2019
walcolm:
Llllllooooolllllllll....tufiakwa....I reject it IJN

I bind every evil finger that refuses to push the release button for note 9 March 1st security update...catch fire nnnnooooooowwwwwww!!!!!

Even mountain on fire would fail............
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by walcolm(m): 9:02am On Mar 18, 2019
Hi folks,

i updated to Android UI last week and i have noticed that the fingerprint authentication for my apps that require such for log in started acting up...anyone noticed?
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 9:37am On Mar 18, 2019
walcolm:
Hi folks,

i updated to Android UI last week and i have noticed that the fingerprint authentication for my apps that require such for log in started acting up...anyone noticed?

Now Madam go fit catch you......... cheesy
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by selfmadeOLX(m): 11:44am On Mar 18, 2019
Looking forward to the Note 10
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by walcolm(m): 7:24pm On Mar 18, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Now Madam go fit catch you......... cheesy

Its actually my gtbank app that's the worst culprit. Anyone else?
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 8:03pm On Mar 18, 2019
walcolm:

Its actually my gtbank app that's the worst culprit. Anyone else?

Is this what you told Madam?..... tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (33) (Reply)

Help Please, My Phone Is Showing Number Busy Even When Its Not / Which Network Provider In Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Connection? / Data Of 1.5 Billion Facebook Users On Sale At Hacker Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.