Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,300 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

Can Women Teach Or Preach In The Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Women Teach Or Preach In The Church? (617 Views)

Those Men That Do Preach In Various Motor Parks. / Kenyan Pastor Invites 'jesus' To Preach In Her Church,visits Her Family(photos) / Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Women Teach Or Preach In The Church? by marunga(m): 12:57am On Feb 25, 2018
Re: Can Women Teach Or Preach In The Church? by greatnaija01: 1:14am On Feb 25, 2018
let me introduce you to the GOD that you may have served but never knew
[b]
Acts 10:34

So Peter opened his mouth and said: “Truly I understand that God shows no partiality(meaning MALE n FEMALE are equal before him)....

Judges 4:4-5
Now Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lappidoth, was judging Israel at that time. She used to sit under the palm of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in the hill country of Ephraim, and the PEOPLE OF ISRAEL came up to her for judgment.(Ladies have be used in the same office as MEN even from the OLD TESTAMENT.)

a WOMAN even had a church in her house
Colossians 4:15
Give my greetings to the brothers at Laodicea, and to Nympha and the church in her house.

Women preached with PAUL... he didnt do it alone o
Philippians 4:2-3
I entreat Euodia and I entreat Syntyche to agree in the Lord. Yes, I ask you also, true companion, help these women, who have labored side by side with me in the gospel together with Clement and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life.

Luke 2:36-38
And there was a prophetess, Anna, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was advanced in years, having lived with her husband seven years from when she was a virgin, and then as a widow until she was eighty-four. She did not depart from the temple, worshiping with fasting and prayer night and day. And coming up at that very hour she began to give thanks to God and to speak of HIM to ALL who were waiting for the redemption of Jerusalem.

Acts 18:24-26
Now a Jew named Apollos, a native of Alexandria, came to Ephesus. He was an eloquent man, competent in the Scriptures. He had been instructed in the way of the Lord. And being fervent in spirit, he spoke and taught accurately the things concerning Jesus, though he knew only the baptism of John. He began to speak boldly in the synagogue, but when Priscilla(A woman) and Aquila heard him, they took him and explained to him the way of God more accurately.

[/b]

with these FEW points of MINE, I hope I have been able to CONVINCE u and not CONFUSE you that a WOMAN can very well PREACH or TEACH in church.

marunga:
Re: Can Women Teach Or Preach In The Church? by Nobody: 1:39am On Feb 25, 2018
greatnaija01:
[b]

So Peter opened his mouth and said: “Truly I understand that God shows no partiality(meaning MALE n FEMALE are equal before him)....

Now Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lappidoth, was judging Israel at that time. She used to sit under the palm of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in the hill country of Ephraim, and the PEOPLE OF ISRAEL came up to her for judgment.(Ladies have be used in the same office as MEN even from the OLD TESTAMENT.)

Give my greetings to the brothers at Laodicea, and to Nympha and the church in her house.

I entreat Euodia and I entreat Syntyche to agree in the Lord. Yes, I ask you also, true companion, help these women, who have labored side by side with me in the gospel together with Clement and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life.

And there was a prophetess, Anna, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was advanced in years, having lived with her husband seven years from when she was a virgin, and then as a widow until she was eighty-four. She did not depart from the temple, worshiping with fasting and prayer night and day. And coming up at that very hour she began to give thanks to God and to speak of HIM to ALL who were waiting for the redemption of Jerusalem.

Now a Jew named Apollos, a native of Alexandria, came to Ephesus. He was an eloquent man, competent in the Scriptures. He had been instructed in the way of the Lord. And being fervent in spirit, he spoke and taught accurately the things concerning Jesus, though he knew only the baptism of John. He began to speak boldly in the synagogue, but when Priscilla(A woman) and Aquila heard him, they took him and explained to him the way of God more accurately.

[/b]

with these FEW points of MINE, I hope I have been able to CONVINCE u and not CONFUSE you that a WOMAN can very well PREACH or TEACH in church.

With all ur point where did U see a woman teaching or preaching in the church, a woman can teach fellow women,children and youths but teaching adult men it is outright forbidden, women were prophetesses,but were they in the temple or tabernacle used then,please understand the Bible well before using it.1 Corinthians 14:34-35
34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.
35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
1 Timothy 2:11-15
11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety
Re: Can Women Teach Or Preach In The Church? by greatnaija01: 1:53am On Feb 25, 2018
Pls did you ever study ENGLISH LANGUAGE?
If u already had your mind made up on a certain doctrine then why in God's name ask a question as if u wanna learn
so you were BLIND to this one abi?
And there was a prophetess, Anna, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was advanced in years, having lived with her husband seven years from when she was a virgin, and then as a widow until she was eighty-four. She DID NOT DEPART from the temple, worshiping with fasting AND prayer night and day. AND coming up at that very hour she began to give thanks to God AND to speak of HIM to ALL(Even in the temple and outside the temple) who were waiting for the redemption of Jerusalem.

YOU Just come here without BIBLICAL TRUTHS AND VERSES to support your claims and you are ranting heresies... BRING OUT SCRIPTURES then we can reason together... SPiritual things are done based on God's word and not on your GENDER RIGHTS... stop your ignorant GRA GRA and calm down... OPEN THE BIBLE and let us TALK.

profolaolu:
With all ur point where did U see a woman teaching or preaching in the church, a woman can teach fellow women,children and youths but teaching adult men it is outright forbidden, women were prophetesses,but were they in the temple or tabernacle used then,please understand the Bible well before using it.
Re: Can Women Teach Or Preach In The Church? by Nobody: 2:13am On Feb 25, 2018
greatnaija01:
Pls did you ever study ENGLISH LANGUAGE?
If u already had your mind made up on a certain doctrine then why in God's name ask a question as if u wanna learn
so you were BLIND to this one abi?
And there was a prophetess, Anna, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was advanced in years, having lived with her husband seven years from when she was a virgin, and then as a widow until she was eighty-four. She DID NOT DEPART from the temple, worshiping with fasting AND prayer night and day. AND coming up at that very hour she began to give thanks to God AND to speak of HIM to ALL(Even in the temple and outside the temple) who were waiting for the redemption of Jerusalem.

YOU Just come here without BIBLICAL TRUTHS AND VERSES to support your claims and you are ranting heresies... BRING OUT SCRIPTURES then we can reason together... SPiritual things are done based on God's word and not on your GENDER RIGHTS... stop your ignorant GRA GRA and calm down... OPEN THE BIBLE and let us TALK.

go and check the comment again if scriptural references are not there
Re: Can Women Teach Or Preach In The Church? by Emereolevanwill(m): 6:28am On Feb 25, 2018
John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the SONS of God, even to them that believe on his name:
We are all regarded as Sons.

1 Like

Re: Can Women Teach Or Preach In The Church? by orisa37: 10:26am On Feb 25, 2018
Yes.
Rahab would be good Preacher on Prostitution, Adultery, Fornication and how to be Born Again.
Re: Can Women Teach Or Preach In The Church? by Siralgebra04(m): 10:57am On Feb 25, 2018
greatnaija01:
[b]

[/b]

U just picked d verses dat suit u. Whereas there are so many other verses dat go against women preaching. Carefully read Profolaolu's comments.
Re: Can Women Teach Or Preach In The Church? by Nobody: 10:57am On Feb 25, 2018
Yes!!! A Women is in charge of the church I attend.(RCCG).
Re: Can Women Teach Or Preach In The Church? by marunga(m): 2:17pm On Feb 25, 2018
skillful01:
Yes!!!
A Women is in charge of the church I attend.(RCCG).
any verse as referrals?
Re: Can Women Teach Or Preach In The Church? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Feb 25, 2018
profolaolu:
With all ur point where did U see a woman teaching or preaching in the church, a woman can teach fellow women,children and youths but teaching adult men it is outright forbidden, women were prophetesses,but were they in the temple or tabernacle used then,please understand the Bible well before using it.1 Corinthians 14:34-35
34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.
35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
1 Timothy 2:11-15
11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety
Women can preach in church. Apostle only responded in that verse because of the way women were behaving. It is very easy to say women shouldn't preach in church but they go out on evangelism to preach. Who is deceiving who?. If God didn't want women to preach, the like of Katherine Kumar wouldn't have being in existence. If God allowed her, why would he not allow women in our time. Would you say that God was partial or he shows favourism?. Until we drop this doctrines and hearken to the voice of God,many Christians will die of ignorance
Re: Can Women Teach Or Preach In The Church? by ichuka(m): 10:56pm On Feb 25, 2018
No said the bible

(1) (Reply)

House On The Rock Pastor,paul Adefarasin,supports Super Eagles For World Cup(pix / Was God Blind? / Pst. Yomi Kasali Tells Funke Adejumo That Judgment Is Coming On Her Very Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.