Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster (34259 Views)

Update On The Search For The Missing Dapchi Girls / Names Of 105 Missing Dapchi Schoolgirls (Full List By The Nation Newspaper) / Yobe Government Apologises For False News On Missing Dapchi Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by bigfather(m): 12:31am On Feb 26, 2018
engrchykae:
it seems virgins are required for 2019 election sacrifices

Hmmmm.... poor kids.

1 Like

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by obailala(m): 12:34am On Feb 26, 2018
omenkaLives:
Going by the comments of Ps, it is OBVIOUS TO THE BLIND THEY NOW ACCEPT PEOPLE WERE INDEED ABDUCTED, since that narrative puts the president in bad light.

Hopefully, these girls would be rescued soon enough and reunited with their parents.

But watch out fellas, when this happens, the same Pgs who are blasting away with insults for the government's lack of tact in handling security would turn around to say NO ONE WAS EVEN ABDUCTED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Bookmark this comment- it will come to pass. wink
Some of those Jonathanians are the worst sets of shameless lowlives you can ever encounter. 2014, over 200 Chibok girls were taken by BH and they kept churning out all sorts of ridiculous utterances; "it is apc propaganda... no girls were taken... girls were taken but they were taken by apc agents and not BH... its all a plan/gang-up against GEJ; not even Obama was spared in the missiles. Up till today, a lot of those scumbags still genuinely do not believe that BH could have possible kidnapped up to 200 girls from Chibok.

But fastforward to 2018, you need to go on facebook and read the kind of cringe worthy comments some tadpoles are publishing. They now all believe BH is real and capable of kidnapping many teens. None of them is blaming opposition this time like they did in 2014, rather they're all blaming PMB.

In 2014, BH kidnapped girls, they blamed APC/Buhari of being responsible for the abduction to remove GEJ. In 2018, same Bh kidnaps girls again and I read the most ridiculous theory today from someone on Facebook; they said PMB/APC is also responsible for this abduction; that PMb/APC plans to release the girls just before electiom 2019.

4 Likes

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by limitless101: 12:49am On Feb 26, 2018
Perhaps you don't know she has Nigerian roots. She said it herself sometime last year. Besides, the truth remains the same, irrespective of the bearer. Buhari is a failure!

1 Like

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by HiddenShadow: 12:51am On Feb 26, 2018
Ugo4hotish:
#copied
DO YOU KNOW THAT NIGERIA CAN BE ILLUSTRATED USING SOUTHEAST NIGERIA
Let's roughly analyze the southeast states of Nigeria to show how the IGBo region of Nigeria look similar to Nigeria at large.

Firstly keep a Map of Nigeria beside you while reading this piece.

Let's talk about Imo state- Imo state is situated at the southwestern part of the southeastern region. Just like the Yorubas of the southwestern Nigeria, they are the most educated and civilized state in the southeastern region. A state that it's citizens constitutes up to 20% of waec and jamb candidates yearly. A state where your BSc cert is valueless, because almost everyone has an MSc or PhD. Imo has the highest number of professors in Igbo land. A state where jungle justice is at a low, notwithstanding the rising crime rate. A state where the governor is voted because of his personality and not because of where he hails from. A state that have consistently won the national award of neatness.
Thank God I'm from Imo state.

Anambra - this state can be found in the Northwestern part of southeast. Just like the Hausa/Fulani of the NorthWestern Nigeria, Anambra has been in the political hub of IGBO people at both in regional and National level. Nigerian political history is not complete without mentioning fallen heroes like Azikiwe, Obi of Onitsha, Ojukwu, Dora Akunyili, Ekwueme.
Well IGBO believe they originated from Nri, a community in Anambra, that left me with little wonders why the Anambra people have been piloting the Affairs of the Igbo nation.
Another similarity of Anambra and the Northwest of Nigeria is that, in the precolonial era, only in Anambra (onitsha) there existed a centralized system of Government just like the Hausa empire. The onitsha Empire was ruled by Obi of Onitsha.
Tho the richest IGBO man hails from Abia, but many rich IGBO citizens are from Anambra state.

Enugu - Enugu can be taken to be the North Central part of Southeast. As Abuja is to Nigeria, as Enugu is to Southeast. Abuja is part of the North Central Nigeria. Enugu for long has been the administrative capital of the IGBO people and the old Eastern region at large (which comprises of the present day SOUTHSOUTH). Enugu is of great importance to the Igbo history and is a very sacred place to the igbos. They see Enugu as a pace setter state and a role model to other south eastern states.

Ebonyi - just like the Borno and Adamawa, Ebonyi is flanked to the northeastern part of the Southeastern Nigeria. Ebonyi being an under scorer amongst her sister states in terms of development is the Agricultural hub of Igboland, just like the Northeastern Nigeria. The states economy is built on Agriculture. Ebonyi farms cash crops like Maize, cassava, local rice and many others cereal foods.
Just the Maiduguri (Unimaid Medical school), the Ebonyi State University is said to have the best medical school in the whole of Southeast.
The Ebonyi is Said to be the first contact point of Islam in Southeast, just like Maiduguri the largest city in Northeastern Nigeria. The highest number of Igbo indigenous Muslims are from Ebonyi.

ABIA - I call it the Southeast of southeast. Everything an IGBO man is known for can be found in ABIA citizens. I know what I'm talking about. ABIA people can be said to be the most undiluted form of igboism. They are well known for their crafty nature just like the igbos are generally known for it. If you doubt me, take a tour to Aba you'll observe that so many talents are been wasted by government for not harnessing and utilizing it very well. Aba can clone any product they set their eyes on.
The southeast is known for palm oil production. In southeast, there are more palm trees in ABIA state that any other state. The palm oil of ABIA is the best quality in West Africa.
Taking a geographical study on ABIA state, one can find out that the typography of the other 4 southeast states can be found in ABIA,... Some parts of ABIA are plain like IMO state, place like Arocchukwu and Abiriba in ABIA are hilly like Enugu. ABIA is the second most educated southeast state after Imo. The IGBOs are known for bravery, I can confidently tell you that the bravest IGBOs of history are the Abiriba warriors of ABIA state.

I know that the reader must have been wondering why I chose to describe Nigeria using only southeast instead of the IGBOs in general(which comprises of the Anioma of delta state, igboid groups of Rivers states like Ikwerre, Etchie, Obiigbo, Ndoki of Akwa ibom, Ekwurekwu and Agbo and Isobo people of Cross Rivers and those of Kogi and Benue.)

But the fact remains that, it is only the south easterners sees themselves as IGBOs. I don't know what happened in the past but as a scholar of history, I learnt that ever since the conquest of Biafra in 1970. These IGBO groups decided to detest their IGBO identity. Validating this fact, I haven't seen someone from these non-southeastern states boldly saying that he's an IGBO man. So bad that they these IGBO groups connived with the FG to strip off the southeasterns of their property all in the name of Abandoned property.
It's high time we the real IGBOs learn how to live on our own and treat these Former IGBOs of the SOUTHSOUTH like Nigerians and not like our brothers. For it is said in IGBO land the Ezi enyi Ka Ajo Nwanne, I take an Ebira or TIV dearer than an ikwerre.

It's time for Igbos to unite and address their issues
God bless SouthEast !
God bless Nigeria!!
Igbo kwenu!

Your Divide and Rule will never work.

Afonjas have failed forever.

2 Likes

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Matinho: 12:52am On Feb 26, 2018
Assuring parents safety of their wards is a very dishonest and heinous thing to say,cos the girls are not safe.Why lie to their parents?Rather let the parents know the efforts you are making to get these girls back home.This is just ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Xtopher123(m): 1:02am On Feb 26, 2018
Watch out guys.. Few Months to Election these Girls would be released and they'll use it to score cheap political points.. Just watch..

3 Likes

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by duni04(m): 1:48am On Feb 26, 2018
Slymonster:

You don't have sense.Do you know where she is originally from?I am scared of this country if over a 100 people can be kidnapped easily,how much one person like you.Use your head bro and know we have a national disgrace going on.This problem and that of america are way different.
You're the one without an ounce of sense in your head! Same stupid thing Nigerians do when things like this happen. Blame Buhari for a few weeks and blab like this idiot that quoted me, without actually saying anything.
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by duni04(m): 2:04am On Feb 26, 2018
FarahAideed:

Stop trying to derail the thread
Oga I'm not derailing anything. You obviously didn't get the point I was driving at. It's absurd and stupid for anyone to sit down and blame Buhari in far away Abuja for the kidnap of 100 girls in a border town in Yobe state. It's more ridiculous when this person blaming Buhari comes from a country where 1300 children die from guns each year!!! Why does Isha Sesay feel the need to hold Buhari personally responsible when someone in a remote village in Yobe state kidnaps children and yet not hold Obama responsible for the Sandy hook massacre of children in public school or Trump responsible for the recent Ohio school shootings.
I'm not just going to come here and shout Buhari like the other stupid nairalanders here. The entire North East is an area the size of Western Europe. A gun man or group of gun men enter an isolated school in a village and kidnap children and people are running their mouths abouts elections and Buhari. What stupidity!!! I personally think the need for state police has come because we can't continue to run the security of the entire country from Abuja. If we had State police and local police, they would be personally held responsible for the protection of people within their domain, instead of abdicating everything to Abuja which is just not logical.

1 Like

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by AreaFada2: 3:15am On Feb 26, 2018
Ah! Isha, they will soon accuse you of being Ipob o. Be careful. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by AreaFada2: 3:15am On Feb 26, 2018
Ah! Isha, they will soon accuse you of being Ipob o. Be careful. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by danarchy4(m): 3:16am On Feb 26, 2018
For Sales, Installation & Training of Tally & Peachtree Accounting: Call 08030544405.

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by thunderbabs: 3:19am On Feb 26, 2018
Mr Lai will come again and fight social media again now, just watch ooo.

Morons in government.

1 Like

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by AreaFada2: 3:19am On Feb 26, 2018
Matinho:
Assuring parents safety of their wards is a very dishonest and heinous thing to say,cos the girls are not safe.Why lie to their parents?Rather let the parents know the efforts you are making to get these girls back home.This is just ridiculous.

Or maybe not. Maybe it was planned and they know where the girls are. They may just release the girls a few months from now, and use the momentum to head towards next election. This is 9ja. All that matters is power at the centre and oil money.

1 Like

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by juwanno(m): 3:27am On Feb 26, 2018
GistMore:
GitMore.com

CNN’s anchor, Isha Isatu Sesay, has faulted President Muhammadu Buhari’s statement on missing Dapchi School girls.

Buhari in a statement on Friday confirming the abduction of the girls described the situation as a national disaster while assuring parents of safety of their wards.

Reacting, Sesay via her tweets said the case of the missing girls was not a national disaster but a national disgrace.

Her tweets read; Nigeria‘s President#Buhari calls abduction of#DapchiGirls “a national disaster.

“That’s an understatement – it’s a national disgrace. More girls taken – again?? Yobe, ChibokGirls.

“I want to live in a world where the lives of the #DapchiGirls are held to be just as important as those of kids in other places.

“A world where everyone is talking about schoolgirls being stolen by terrorists. Is that too much to ask ?Nigeria..”

https://www.gistmore.com/dapchi-missing-girls-national-disgrace-not-disaster-cnn-anchor-faults-buhari

https://mobile.twitter.com/IshaSesayCNN/status/967455895708844032

Nigeria is a useless country. Some years back it was Chibok girls, now its Dapchi Girls. It's glaring no Security measures is considered to mitigate this reocurrence.

1 Like

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Nobody: 4:37am On Feb 26, 2018
Sirjamo:
Are you worried about his re election or the girls abduction?

Should one not be worried about his reelection. Does it not bother you that we will put up with this shame for another four years. May the fates forbid. Amen

1 Like

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by emmie14: 6:03am On Feb 26, 2018
Sirjamo:
Both Mr. . Can't you see that lives and properties are not save? Killings every nook and corners in the federation. From Adamawa to Benue, Rivers to imo, from Delta to ogun. His reelection is more worrisome than the missing girls because boys will soon be missing.

1 Like

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by BeijinDossier: 6:18am On Feb 26, 2018
Omeokachie:
"Buhari in a statement on Friday confirming the abduction of the girls described the situation as a national disaster while assuring parents of safety of their wards."

How can you assure parents of the safety of their wards that are not in your custody?

I wonder why this president keeps reading prepared speeches that makes no sense.

Prepared speech? Do you actually think that the dulllllard can make any correct sentence? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Madeu(m): 6:54am On Feb 26, 2018
Lascode:
Do u guys realised chibok girls were kidnapped exactly a yr to general election and it's happening again a yr to general election.something doesn't add up
The girls will eventually be rescued. Everybody will applaud Buhari's Government on the steps taken. Nigerians will see Buhari's Government as effective and that will boost his re-election bid.
Or
The power that be don't want Buhari's second term bid. Let's do it the same way Nigerians lost confidence in GEJ government.
We are pawns in their chess game.
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by gcof(m): 6:56am On Feb 26, 2018
Cromcruach91:
It is a disaster and a disgrace as it shows the state and federal government has not learned much from the Chibok experience.

Having said that,I must commend the government for

1.So far not blaming the opposition for masterminding the plot.

2.So far,not having the first lady call in the principal of the school to come in for 'criticism'

3.So far not saying that it is a scam.

Having said that...Boko Haram needs to be defeated. Time to declare total war...plus a state of emergency.
when the people in high places are ready to make Nigeria better we will know. For now they are playing with us

1 Like

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by gcof(m): 6:57am On Feb 26, 2018
Madeu:

The girls will eventually be rescued. Everybody will applaud Buhari's Government on the steps taken. Nigerians will see Buhari's Government as effective and that will boost his re-election bid.
We are pawns in their chess game.
3 bottles of origin for you... they are playing with the minds of the gullible ones

1 Like

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Nobody: 7:07am On Feb 26, 2018
gcof:
when the people in high places are ready to make Nigeria better we will know. For now they are playing with us

It is part of our job to ensure that they do.

Most politicians in developed countries are corrupt...but because they know that they would get into trobule with their voters if they don't provide good water, light et al....they get voted out.

Then there is the annoying sense of entitlement among Nigerians. We cannot, for example, have power supply without paying for it.
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by sylvez(m): 7:15am On Feb 26, 2018
may be his reelection means abduction of more girls

Sirjamo:

1 Like

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Ugo4hotish(m): 7:21am On Feb 26, 2018
HiddenShadow:

Your Divide and Rule will never work.

Afonjas have failed forever.

bro I'm IGBO too. read the message well. An AfOnJa loves you more than an Ikwerre man
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by UduMgbo1: 7:23am On Feb 26, 2018
[s]
omenkaLives:
Going by the comments of Ps, it is OBVIOUS TO THE BLIND THEY NOW ACCEPT PEOPLE WERE INDEED ABDUCTED, since that narrative puts the president in bad light.

Hopefully, these girls would be rescued soon enough and reunited with their parents.

But watch out fellas, when this happens, the same Pgs who are blasting away with insults for the government's lack of tact in handling security would turn around to say NO ONE WAS EVEN ABDUCTED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Bookmark this comment- it will come to pass. wink
[/s]
shatap fulani herdsmen supporter like you

1 Like

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Chriz(m): 7:26am On Feb 26, 2018
What is this one saying?

Cromcruach91:
It is a disaster and a disgrace as it shows the state and federal government has not learned much from the Chibok experience.

Having said that,I must commend the government for
What is this one saying?

1.So far not blaming the opposition for masterminding the plot.

2.So far,not having the first lady call in the principal of the school to come in for 'criticism'

3.So far not saying that it is a scam.

Having said that...Boko Haram needs to be defeated. Time to declare total war...plus a state of emergency.
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Sirjamo: 7:26am On Feb 26, 2018
emmie14:

Both Mr. . Can't you see that lives and properties are not save? Killings every nook and corners in the federation. From Adamawa to Benue, Rivers to imo, from Delta to ogun. His reelection is more worrisome than the missing girls because boys will soon be missing.
One security agent to 50 persons, that's the UN security councils recommendations. Now, it's one to 500 in Nigeria; if we are to meet the UN recommendation, we would need half of our budget spent on security alone, it seems we don't know the limit of our capability, Nigeria can never be effectively secured, who ever is the President; you can take that the bank, we are just too poor
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by HiddenShadow: 7:29am On Feb 26, 2018
Ugo4hotish:

bro I'm IGBO too. read the message well. An AfOnJa loves you more than an Ikwerre man

Even cockroaches do come here to claim being Igbo and that we have seen countless times.

1 Like

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Meritocracy: 7:32am On Feb 26, 2018
I don't blame the abductor because that's what we deserve when we have NIA that suppose to get first hand information on the plan abduction but instead of making intelligent report on pending disaster they keep money somewhere in Ikoyi, money grow leg waka in Abuja and nobody has been punished. That's what we get when we keeping hailing thieves, I only pity the poor that's suffering from there bad habit.

1 Like

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Orpe7(m): 7:33am On Feb 26, 2018
New strategy of politicians before an election. Tarnish the image of the incumbent so u can have ground. Someone statted this and it has become a norm
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Vanderandrew(m): 7:42am On Feb 26, 2018
The Government should build Girls schools in Borno & Yobe in the Barracks and Close down the Girls School that are not surrounded by Permanent Military Presence
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by benqo01(m): 8:15am On Feb 26, 2018
Why is this man disgracing nigeria,and himself just step down dont even think of re-election enough is enough.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tribalism Hidden In Foundations Of Our Country Have Come Out - Bolanle Olukanni / Nigerian Will Do Anything In The Name Free Money N10,000,000 NGO Grant / Peter Obi: The One Of PDP Is Over 70 Yrs; The Other One, We Don't Know His Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.