Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster (34260 Views)

Update On The Search For The Missing Dapchi Girls / Names Of 105 Missing Dapchi Schoolgirls (Full List By The Nation Newspaper) / Yobe Government Apologises For False News On Missing Dapchi Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by gcof(m): 8:25am On Feb 26, 2018
Cromcruach91:

It is part of our job to ensure that they do.

Most politicians in developed countries are corrupt...but because they know that they would get into trobule with their voters if they don't provide good water, light et al....they get voted out.

Then there is the annoying sense of entitlement among Nigerians. We cannot, for example, have power supply without paying for it.
let us see how 2019 election goes in terms of counting of votes. I believe we are on course for transformation
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Nobody: 9:00am On Feb 26, 2018
Trump ain't wrong after all! this shithole needs a president!
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by zoomzoom(m): 9:02am On Feb 26, 2018
[quote author=Omeokachie post=65369065]"Buhari in a statement on Friday confirming the abduction of the girls described the situation as a national disaster while assuring parents of safety of their wards."

How can you assure parents of the safety of their wards that are not in your custody?

I wonder why this president keeps reading prepared speeches that makes no sense.

...or are they in his custody?...to be released gradually just before the election to score political points.
Is this not a freudian slip?

1 Like

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by skare: 9:12am On Feb 26, 2018
Buhari himself is a national disgrace or lemme say disaster.

1 Like

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Slymonster(m): 10:05am On Feb 26, 2018
duni04:

You're the one without an ounce of sense in your head! Same stupid thing Nigerians do when things like this happen. Blame Buhari for a few weeks and blab like this idiot that quoted me, without actually saying anything.

I pray one of your family member get kidnapped soon. Then you will know what life is all about and how disgusting this is.
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by drezzyx(m): 10:12am On Feb 26, 2018
This president is the worst disaster that has ever happened to Nigerian since the creation of mankind.

1 Like

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by duni04(m): 10:36am On Feb 26, 2018
Slymonster:

I pray one of your family member get kidnapped soon. Then you will know what life is all about and how disgusting this is.
Typical Nigerian! All sentiment and emotion and no reason! ode! I'm talking about holding someone responsible and advocating for state police while you're here screaming Buhari and APC without reason. What solutions are you proferring to our security challenges apart from your stupid emotions and sentiments?

1 Like

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by yazach: 11:26am On Feb 26, 2018
GistMore:
GitMore.com

CNN’s anchor, Isha Isatu Sesay, has faulted President Muhammadu Buhari’s statement on missing Dapchi School girls.

Buhari in a statement on Friday confirming the abduction of the girls described the situation as a national disaster while assuring parents of safety of their wards.

Reacting, Sesay via her tweets said the case of the missing girls was not a national disaster but a national disgrace.

Her tweets read; Nigeria‘s President#Buhari calls abduction of#DapchiGirls “a national disaster.

“That’s an understatement – it’s a national disgrace. More girls taken – again?? Yobe, ChibokGirls.

“I want to live in a world where the lives of the #DapchiGirls are held to be just as important as those of kids in other places.

“A world where everyone is talking about schoolgirls being stolen by terrorists. Is that too much to ask ?Nigeria..”

https://www.gistmore.com/dapchi-missing-girls-national-disgrace-not-disaster-cnn-anchor-faults-buhari

https://mobile.twitter.com/IshaSesayCNN/status/967455895708844032

You dey craze idiots!!! The 17 children killed in florida no be national disgrace
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Slymonster(m): 12:04pm On Feb 26, 2018
duni04:

Typical Nigerian! All sentiment and emotion and no reason! ode! I'm talking about holding someone responsible and advocating for state police while you're here screaming Buhari and APC without reason. What solutions are you proferring to our security challenges apart from your stupid emotions and sentiments?

I am part of the apc government and buhari that will do that.Then why were they voted? Why don't you get to aso rock and give them your solution for better security or better still why don't you contest and make a change.It is a pity this is a faceless forum and you can say rubbish when in your life time you have not contributed one damn thing to your community or your common family.I don't need to exchange words with a M0R0N and this is my last reply to you.
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Maroghene(m): 12:58pm On Feb 26, 2018
Omeokachie:
"Buhari in a statement on Friday confirming the abduction of the girls described the situation as a national disaster while assuring parents of safety of their wards."

How can you assure parents of the safety of their wards that are not in your custody?

I wonder why this president keeps reading prepared speeches that makes no sense.

Hence my previous assertion about this whole thing been a script. The girls will all be returned back safely in two to three months time and this government will use the media to tell the world how they succeeded where the previous government failed and there will be loud raves around the world on how effective and efficient security is under PMB. Archive this

1 Like

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by donqx: 1:02pm On Feb 26, 2018
oh
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by orisa37: 1:30pm On Feb 26, 2018
Don't like Western Turanchi.
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Obdk: 4:28pm On Feb 26, 2018
Ugo4hotish:
#copied
DO YOU KNOW THAT NIGERIA CAN BE ILLUSTRATED USING SOUTHEAST NIGERIA
Let's roughly analyze the southeast states of Nigeria to show how the IGBo region of Nigeria look similar to Nigeria at large.

Firstly keep a Map of Nigeria beside you while reading this piece.

Let's talk about Imo state- Imo state is situated at the southwestern part of the southeastern region. Just like the Yorubas of the southwestern Nigeria, they are the most educated and civilized state in the southeastern region. A state that it's citizens constitutes up to 20% of waec and jamb candidates yearly. A state where your BSc cert is valueless, because almost everyone has an MSc or PhD. Imo has the highest number of professors in Igbo land. A state where jungle justice is at a low, notwithstanding the rising crime rate. A state where the governor is voted because of his personality and not because of where he hails from. A state that have consistently won the national award of neatness.
Thank God I'm from Imo state.

Anambra - this state can be found in the Northwestern part of southeast. Just like the Hausa/Fulani of the NorthWestern Nigeria, Anambra has been in the political hub of IGBO people at both in regional and National level. Nigerian political history is not complete without mentioning fallen heroes like Azikiwe, Obi of Onitsha, Ojukwu, Dora Akunyili, Ekwueme.
Well IGBO believe they originated from Nri, a community in Anambra, that left me with little wonders why the Anambra people have been piloting the Affairs of the Igbo nation.
Another similarity of Anambra and the Northwest of Nigeria is that, in the precolonial era, only in Anambra (onitsha) there existed a centralized system of Government just like the Hausa empire. The onitsha Empire was ruled by Obi of Onitsha.
Tho the richest IGBO man hails from Abia, but many rich IGBO citizens are from Anambra state.

Enugu - Enugu can be taken to be the North Central part of Southeast. As Abuja is to Nigeria, as Enugu is to Southeast. Abuja is part of the North Central Nigeria. Enugu for long has been the administrative capital of the IGBO people and the old Eastern region at large (which comprises of the present day SOUTHSOUTH). Enugu is of great importance to the Igbo history and is a very sacred place to the igbos. They see Enugu as a pace setter state and a role model to other south eastern states.

Ebonyi - just like the Borno and Adamawa, Ebonyi is flanked to the northeastern part of the Southeastern Nigeria. Ebonyi being an under scorer amongst her sister states in terms of development is the Agricultural hub of Igboland, just like the Northeastern Nigeria. The states economy is built on Agriculture. Ebonyi farms cash crops like Maize, cassava, local rice and many others cereal foods.
Just the Maiduguri (Unimaid Medical school), the Ebonyi State University is said to have the best medical school in the whole of Southeast.
The Ebonyi is Said to be the first contact point of Islam in Southeast, just like Maiduguri the largest city in Northeastern Nigeria. The highest number of Igbo indigenous Muslims are from Ebonyi.

ABIA - I call it the Southeast of southeast. Everything an IGBO man is known for can be found in ABIA citizens. I know what I'm talking about. ABIA people can be said to be the most undiluted form of igboism. They are well known for their crafty nature just like the igbos are generally known for it. If you doubt me, take a tour to Aba you'll observe that so many talents are been wasted by government for not harnessing and utilizing it very well. Aba can clone any product they set their eyes on.
The southeast is known for palm oil production. In southeast, there are more palm trees in ABIA state that any other state. The palm oil of ABIA is the best quality in West Africa.
Taking a geographical study on ABIA state, one can find out that the typography of the other 4 southeast states can be found in ABIA,... Some parts of ABIA are plain like IMO state, place like Arocchukwu and Abiriba in ABIA are hilly like Enugu. ABIA is the second most educated southeast state after Imo. The IGBOs are known for bravery, I can confidently tell you that the bravest IGBOs of history are the Abiriba warriors of ABIA state.

I know that the reader must have been wondering why I chose to describe Nigeria using only southeast instead of the IGBOs in general(which comprises of the Anioma of delta state, igboid groups of Rivers states like Ikwerre, Etchie, Obiigbo, Ndoki of Akwa ibom, Ekwurekwu and Agbo and Isobo people of Cross Rivers and those of Kogi and Benue.)

But the fact remains that, it is only the south easterners sees themselves as IGBOs. I don't know what happened in the past but as a scholar of history, I learnt that ever since the conquest of Biafra in 1970. These IGBO groups decided to detest their IGBO identity. Validating this fact, I haven't seen someone from these non-southeastern states boldly saying that he's an IGBO man. So bad that they these IGBO groups connived with the FG to strip off the southeasterns of their property all in the name of Abandoned property.
It's high time we the real IGBOs learn how to live on our own and treat these Former IGBOs of the SOUTHSOUTH like Nigerians and not like our brothers. For it is said in IGBO land the Ezi enyi Ka Ajo Nwanne, I take an Ebira or TIV dearer than an ikwerre.

It's time for Igbos to unite and address their issues
God bless SouthEast !
God bless Nigeria!!
Igbo kwenu!

trash

to even think someone wasted time writing this.
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by emmie14: 8:16pm On Feb 26, 2018
Sirjamo:
One security agent to 50 persons, that's the UN security councils recommendations. Now, it's one to 500 in Nigeria; if we are to meet the UN recommendation, we would need half of our budget spent on security alone, it seems we don't know the limit of our capability, Nigeria can never be effectively secured, who ever is the President; you can take that the bank, we are just too poor

Nigeria is not poor rather mismanaged. If Nigeria is too big for federal government to be secured then restructuring is inevitable
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Ugo4hotish(m): 9:16pm On Feb 26, 2018
Obdk:

trash

to even think someone wasted time writing this.
you must not comment.... Ohu!
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Ugo4hotish(m): 10:04pm On Feb 26, 2018
HiddenShadow:

Even cockroaches do come here to claim being Igbo and that we have seen countless times.
Nkita rachakwa gi Anya. Ozu iberibe!
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by aolawale025: 11:14pm On Feb 26, 2018
Omeokachie:
"Buhari in a statement on Friday confirming the abduction of the girls described the situation as a national disaster while assuring parents of safety of their wards."

Politicians can do anything to win elections. What if the whole thing was planned? That statement may be a slip of tongue
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Obdk: 8:51am On Feb 27, 2018
Ugo4hotish:
you must not comment.... Ohu!
akpa amu
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Ugo4hotish(m): 1:31pm On Feb 27, 2018
Obdk:

akpa amu
Ozu nwuru anwu... Osu imi
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Ugo4hotish(m): 1:34pm On Feb 27, 2018
Obdk:

akpa amu
Ozu nwuru anwu.... Osu imi
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Obdk: 8:38pm On Feb 27, 2018
Ugo4hotish:

Ozu nwuru anwu... Osu imi

oge mu na ndi ozo ba alu ogu maka Igbo, obulu onuku di ka gi ga eji nkewa wee bia.

ibu ezigbo mugu.
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Ugo4hotish(m): 10:27pm On Feb 27, 2018
Obdk:

oge mu na ndi ozo ba alu ogu maka Igbo, obulu onuku di ka gi ga eji nkewa wee bia.

ibu ezigbo mugu.
Nna gi wu Otula.... asu!
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Obdk: 5:53am On Feb 28, 2018
Ugo4hotish:

Nna gi wu Otula.... asu!

.nne gi bu ihe ndi obodo ji ezu ike tupu onye kai kai bu papa gi wey tuba ta ime. osu
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Ugo4hotish(m): 7:07am On Feb 28, 2018
Obdk:

.nne gi bu ihe ndi obodo ji ezu ike tupu onye kai kai bu papa gi wey tuba ta ime. osu
ahurum na uvuru gi bu ihe eji tuo aja.. Osu dika gi
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Obdk: 7:42am On Feb 28, 2018
Ugo4hotish:

ahurum na uvuru gi bu ihe eji tuo aja.. Osu dika gi

ok. nice day. onye ara.... lol
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Ugo4hotish(m): 12:30pm On Feb 28, 2018
Obdk:

ok. nice day. onye ara.... lol
I bu amutara n'ime okwa. Mumu. nice day anyway
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Obdk: 8:59pm On Feb 28, 2018
Ugo4hotish:

nwa nne muru kuja
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Obdk: 8:59pm On Feb 28, 2018
Ugo4hotish:

nwa nne muru kuja

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Will Do Anything In The Name Free Money N10,000,000 NGO Grant / Peter Obi: The One Of PDP Is Over 70 Yrs; The Other One, We Don't Know His Age / Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.