Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

70 Comedy Shows That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 70 Comedy Shows That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. (33168 Views)

Football Shows That Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s, '80s & 1990s / 50 Detective Shows That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s / 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 70 Comedy Shows That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by naptu2: 6:18am On Mar 03, 2018
BdorianGray:
Wow! Op, lord have mercy! This is Nostalgic. I was a frequent viewer of these kiddies programme in the 80s on NTA2 channel 5&10. Like 80% of them all..esp Voltron. Superted-spotty grin.. Danger mouse..sesame street etc..
This post reminds me of other top tTV soaps and drama like behind the clouds, aya iya ko ko ko ko ko...New masq and village headmaster...
Na wah oh! The world is coming to an end oh grin...

PastorAji:

That's my favorite sitcom

dfrost:

Kokoko koko... Kokoko ko ko koko grin

Koko Close advert (skip to 1:14)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYyE0_Pd5oc
Re: 70 Comedy Shows That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by dfrost: 8:52am On Mar 03, 2018
naptu2:

Koko Close advert (skip to 1:14)

Thanks uncle naptu2 cheesy grin.
Re: 70 Comedy Shows That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by naptu2: 4:51am On Mar 04, 2018
CioAngels:
ECN you mean?

ipobarecriminals:
in the 70s,we usually. shout Up NepA whenever light is restored.Those are the days our politicians work. noy the sort of THIEVES we have nowadays. .Wic i can wake up Awolowo from the grave.And Alhaji baba kekere lateef Jakande.

She's referring to the Electricity Corporation of Nigeria (ECN), the forerunner of NEPA.

There was ECN, then NEPA and then PHCN.
Re: 70 Comedy Shows That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by ipobarecriminals: 5:46am On Mar 04, 2018
naptu2:

She's referring to the Electricity Corporation of Nigeria (ECN), the forerunner of NEPA.

There was ECN, then NEPA and then PHCN.
yes i knw.That was after civil war.
Re: 70 Comedy Shows That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by Babycakess: 5:08am On May 05, 2021
naptu2:
29) Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDEMthILzpA

30) Allo Allo
I think that this sitcom was first shown on Nigerian TV in 1989, as part of NTA2 Channel 5's Super 7:20 belt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XEyxA78hiQ

31) Navy sitcom
I cannot remember the name of this sitcom, but it was shown on Nigerian TV in the early 1980s. The end credits had a picture of two naval ships fighting. We usually tried to guess which ship would win the battle. The battle usually ended when one ship sank the other.

I would be very happy if someone can remind me of the title of the sitcom.

32) Hopscotch sitcom

I cannot remember the name of this sitcom. It is a British about some kids that home alone. I think their mother was in the hospital or something like that. The sitcom was about the things they did so that people would not know that they were on their own.

The opening credit showed the kids playing hopscotch on the street.

I would be very happy if someone can remind me of the title of the sitcom.

The name of this show is The Kids From 47A.. their mother was in the hospital and she died and they kept it secret so that the state would not take them to foster care and separate them grin
Re: 70 Comedy Shows That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. by naptu2: 5:15am On May 05, 2021
Babycakess:

The name of this show is The Kids From 47A.. their mother was in the hospital and she died and they kept it secret so that the state would not take them to foster care and separate them grin

AT LAST!!!

God bless you! God will infinitely bless you for ever.

After almost 40 years, here it is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgCTu7oaIjU

Now to find that series about the navy ships.

I am not mad after all!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBNaija: Mercy Celebrates 1st Anniversary Of Winning Pepper Dem Edition / Download Thor Love And Thunder HD Version bootlega.com / Throwback: How Many Of These Nollywood Movies Have You Seen? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.