Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,942 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? (1442 Views)

Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) / Is Archangel Michael Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? by fashionkid(m): 4:26pm On Apr 26, 2010
I read an article dat said that Jesus Christ is now arch angel micheal.wel personally i dnt think so.wat do u think?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? by Nimshi: 7:14pm On Apr 26, 2010
Micheal? Or Michael?

If you meant Michael, well, yes; some Christians do teach so. Jehovah's Witnesses do teach that; perhaps some other Christians do too, most likely the 7th Day Adeventists. . .

Re: Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 7:26pm On Apr 26, 2010
you better not beleive this.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 26, 2010
Oh boy which bible dem dey read now

Is it knock off 'made in China' bibles or what cos I never heard of this one before o. shocked
Re: Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? by petres007(m): 9:24pm On Apr 26, 2010
@Poster,

It is one of the major wrong doctrines of the Jehovah's witnesses. You need to see the skill with which they twist the scriptures to teach this their hell-spawn theory. grin

Anyway, here's what the scriptures say:

1 God, who in ancient days spoke to our ancestors in the prophets, at many different times and by various methods,

2 has at the end of these days spoken to us in a Son whom he appointed heir of all things; through whom also he made the universe.

3 He being an emanation of God's glory and stamp of his substance, and upholding the universe by the utterances of his power, after by himself making purification of our sins, has taken his seat on the right hand of the Majesty on High.

4 [color=#990000]He is as much superior to the angels as the name that he has inherited surpasses theirs.

5 For to what angel did God ever say, Thou art my son; this day have I become thy Father? [/b]and again, I will be a father to him, and he shall be to me a son?

6 And further, when he brought the firstborn into the habitable world, he said, [b]Let all the angels of God worship him.

7 While of the angels he said, He makes his angels into winds, His ministering servants into flames of fire.

8 But to the Son he says: Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever, And the scepter of thy kingdom is the scepter of justice.

- Hebrews 1:1-8 (Montgomery's New Testament, MNT)[/color]

That is one portion of scripture that I believe does justice to the issue in that it shows that the Son is not only superior to & separate from the angels, but that he is God himself.  cool
Re: Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? by petres007(m): 9:34pm On Apr 26, 2010
Another.  .  .

15 He is a visible image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation;

16 for in him was the universe created, things in heaven and on earth, the seen and the unseen, thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers; by him and for him all have been created;

17 and HE IS before all, and in him all things subsist.

18 He is the head of his Body, the Church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, in order that in all things he may become preeminent.

19 For in him all the divine fullness chose to dwell;

Col 1:15-19 (MNT)

And another.  .  .

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 He was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

John 1:1-3 (RSV)
Re: Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? by Nimshi: 10:01pm On Apr 26, 2010
petres_007: you're yet to summon the scriptures Jehovah's Witnesses point to speaking to Michael as Archangel . . .

In any case, when will the leaders of the Jehovah's Witnesses make public apologies for making their congregations a safe haven for peadophiles? When will they apologise for those doctrines that continue to victimise children and make heroes of child rapists?

Re: Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? by petres007(m): 10:24pm On Apr 26, 2010
Nimshi:

petres_007: you're yet to summon the scriptures Jehovah's Witnesses point to speaking to Michael as Archangel . . .

In any case, when will the leaders of the Jehovah's Witnesses make public apologies for making their congregations a safe haven for peadophiles? When will they apologise for those doctrines that continue to victimise children and make heroes of child rapists?

@Nimshi,

I just did a quick search and found out the main verse they seem to get the idea from is 1 Thess 4:16  cheesy grin grin grin

16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

Maybe the Lord is both "a shout" as he descends heaven with a "shout" and he's also the "trumpet of God" since he's also descending heaven with it  grin grin grin

tongue
Re: Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? by petres007(m): 10:31pm On Apr 26, 2010
Below are 2 links to webpages where I think they did a good job in straightening this issue out -

Is Jesus Christ the created archangel Michael? - http://www.letusreason.org/jw22.htm

Archangel Michael.:IS JESUS CHRIST THE ARCHANGEL MICHAEL? - http://www.4jehovah.org/jehovahs-witness-archangel.php
Re: Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? by zoe80: 6:40am On Apr 27, 2010
@Nimshi, haba, how do you mean? Can you expanciate, the detail of that their illicit acts.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? by princekevo(m): 8:32am On Apr 27, 2010
Heresis of the highest other.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? by karo93: 8:48am On Apr 27, 2010
interestingly,christians are still debating if jesus is God and another is up about if jesus is angel michael.what nonsense!
Re: Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? by Joagbaje(m): 5:08pm On Apr 27, 2010
Jesus is not angel michael, It is one of the misconceptions of Jehovah witness, based on wrong interpretation of certain scriptures.
Daniel 10:21
But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but[b] Michael your prince.[/b]

Just like satan has certain beings as principalities over nations ,lands and families.
God has certain angels with certain responsibitities over lands,families and individuals. The bible talks about a demonic prince of Persia who is a demonic being over the kingdom of persia.
Daniel 10:20
Then said he, Knowest thou wherefore I come unto thee? and now will I return to fight with the[b] prince of Persia[/b]: and when I am gone forth, lo, the prince of Grecia shall come.

Thesame way,Michael was the angelic prince over the nation of Israel
[color]
Daniel 12:1
And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. [/color]

.In the book of revelation we could see how God attached certain angels to certain churches.
And when God sends a mean , he sends an angel also.

Genesis 24:40

And he said unto me, The Lord, before whom I walk, will send his angel with thee, and prosper thy way; and thou shalt take a wife for my son of my kindred, and of my father's house:

Exodus 23:20
Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.

Exodus 23:23
For mine Angel shall go before thee, and bring thee in unto the Amorites, and the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites: and I will cut them off.

Another scripture that they may quote is 1 thessalonians

1 Thes. 4:16
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

And the question is ; "Why will he use the voice of angel if he is not the angel"?
Jesus had said already thAT ANGELS WOULD BE INVOLVED IN THE HARVEST OF SOULD WHEN THE LORD COMES. iT IS NO jESUS THAT WILL BE BLOWING TRUMPET BUT HIS ANGELS THAT ARE COMING WITH HIM.

Matthew 24:31

And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

2 Thes. 1:7

And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
Re: Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? by Nimshi: 7:45pm On Apr 27, 2010
zoe80:

@Nimshi, haba, how do you mean? Can you expanciate, the detail of that their illicit acts.

Jehovah's Witnesses have been under fire in developed countries for serious cases of child rape (this is the appropriate/descriptive term for 'child abuse').

The most wanted child predator in the US is one of Jehovah's Witnesses. This monster, Frederick McLean, used his position as a Jehovah's Witness to lure young girls. See some here: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2009/01/61099832/1 ; see more details here: http://www.silentlambs.org/RewardMcclean.htm

This website: http://www.silentlambs.org/ is dedicated to fishing out and exposing Jehovah's Witness child predators. There are many cases, including out-of-court settlements at the site. If you need more specific details, just ask here.

One thing to note: in less-developed contries like Nigeria, Jehoavh Witness predators have a field day: the mechanism, within their congregations protect the child rapists. What you hear in the US is only a bit of the rotten system of this disgraceful group.

Yes, they sound nice and clean and dedicated; but watch out for them when they come knocking. Many times, it isn't what you see that you get.

Re: Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? by Joagbaje(m): 8:11am On Apr 28, 2010
The article on the child molestor didnt show that he was Jehovahs witness
Re: Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? by Nimshi: 2:29pm On Apr 28, 2010
Joagbaje:

The article on the child molestor didnt show that he was Jehovahs witness

Then you didn't carefully read the link mentioning the reward; here again: http://www.silentlambs.org/RewardMcclean.htm

Take a look here: http://www.justice.gov/marshals/news/chron/2009/mclean.pdf

• McLean’s interests include: auto mechanic, vintage race cars, and outdoor camping. McLean has
experience as an outdoorsman.
• Fredrick McLean, a former member of the Jehovah’s Witnesses organization, is wanted for sexual
assaults on multiple children entrusted to his care over a 20 year period.
• McLean’s character traits are:  nancially frugal, meticulous, organized, pays by cash. He is believed to
be earning a living by restoring old vehicles and various custom jobs on cars, trucks or motor homes.
• McLean should be considered armed and dangerous.
• McLean may have assumed a new alias or identity.

Re: Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? by MyJoe: 3:00pm On Apr 28, 2010
People never cease to amaze one on this forum. How did "Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Michael" suddenly become "when will the leaders of the Jehovah's Witnesses make public apologies for making their congregations a safe haven for peadophiles?"   undecided

It's these crass unreasonableness and exorbitant displays of hatred that prompt Witness recruits to conclude they are being persecuted for following Jesus!
Re: Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? by Nimshi: 3:36pm On Apr 28, 2010
Those who perhaps amaze the most are those who prefer long discussions of fine matters of doctrine than practical matters that affect the lives of the least protected amongst us: children.

Exactly how does a discussion of the practice of faith by Jehovah's Witnesses distract from a discussion of one of the major Jehovah's Witness doctrines marking them quite distinctively from the rest of Christiandom?

And how does information about child despoil among Jehovah's Witnesses equate to hatred?

What is vulgar and absurd and nonsensical is butting into a topic only to nitpick without contributing substantively to the discussion.

Re: Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? by MyJoe: 3:47pm On Apr 28, 2010
^^^ Way too emotional to warrant a substantive response. When you calm down read my post again. Goodluck to you.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? by TrueSeeker(m): 10:50pm On Apr 30, 2010
Nimshi:

Then you didn't carefully read the link mentioning the reward; here again: http://www.silentlambs.org/RewardMcclean.htm

Take a look here: http://www.justice.gov/marshals/news/chron/2009/mclean.pdf

Your link shows that he was a former member not a current member, so he is not a JW. People around the world know Witnesses as a religious group with high moral standard.

Remember Satan too was equally a former member of God's household likewise Judas Iscariot.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? by Kay17: 11:25pm On Apr 30, 2010
one cannot blame the JW and co for their different interpretation of the Bible. the Bible has always being the source of confusion and division of Christendom. since the message god has sent down is muddled up, faith is the only tool and god is incompatible with reason, and that supports every beliefs; then everybody sticks to he or her beliefs and chill still judgement day. no one is right or wrong then.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? by LoveKing(m): 12:33am On May 01, 2010
@Joagbaje If we twist it from another angle, what makes you so right and the Witnesses so wrong? How true is your judgement or should i call it reasoning?

Who is the Archangel Michael?

Some critics get very upset about Jehovah's Witnesses' teaching that the Archangel Michael and Jesus are the same person. Is this idea supported in the Bible?

Michael is mentioned five times in the Bible. Here are the references. All scripture citations in this essay are from the King James Version.

Daniel 10:13 - But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

Daniel 10:21 - But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.

Daniel 12:1 - And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

Jude 9 - Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Revelation 12:7-9 - And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

One site, critical of Jehovah's Witnesses, says: "in all of these verses nothing remotely hints to Jesus being Michael". Is that the case?

What can we learn from the above verses about Michael?

He is “one of the chief princes”. (Hebrew: sarim)

He helped an angel stand against the 'prince of the kingdom of Persia'.

He is referred to as “Michael your Prince” (the 'your' being plural in Hebrew)

He will be 'standing for the children of [Daniel's] people.

He will 'stand up' just before the greatest ever 'time of trouble'.

He is called 'the archangel'

He contended with the devil.

He did not dare bring about a 'railing accusation'.

He left it to God to rebuke the devil.

He has 'his angels'.

He battled against the devil.

He threw the devil and his angels out of heaven.

What other references are there to an archangel in the Bible?

1 Thessalonians 4:16 - For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: (This is the only other reference to an archangel in the Bible.)

What Some Commentators Have Said

Many who criticise Jehovah's Witnesses for their views don't realise that a number of Protestant sources agree with the Witness position.

“As we stated yesterday, Michael may mean an angel; but I embrace the opinion of those who refer this to the person of Christ, because it suits the subject best to represent him as standing forward for the defense of his elect people.” - John Calvin. (See Calvin's writings online at http://www.ccel.org/c/calvin/comment3/comm_vol25/htm/vii.htm)

“Michael - Christ alone is the protector of his church, when all the princes of the earth desert or oppose it.” - John Wesley's commentary on Daniel 10:21. (See Wesley's writings online at http://wesley.nnu.edu/john_wesley/notes/daniel.htm)

“a) The angel here notes two things: first that the Church will be in great affliction and trouble at Christ's coming, and next that God will send his angel to deliver it, whom he here calls Michael, meaning Christ, who is proclaimed by the preaching of the Gospel.” - Geneva Bible Commentary. (See http://www.ccel.org/g/geneva/notes/Daniel/12.html)

Putting the Pieces together

Michael will 'stand up'. Note that in verses 2, 3, 21 those standing up are said to be kings. Likewise, Michael's 'standing up' in Daniel 12:1 is appropriate, because he, too, is a King. Daniel 7:13, 14 foretell how the 'Son of Man' - Christ - would become a King.

When Michael 'stands up' a time of distress begins. This time - mentioned in Daniel 12:1 is indisputably the 'great tribulation' referred to in Matthew 24:21. The language used shows there can be only one such event. Jesus told of this great tribulation in answer to the disciples' question: “What shall be the sign of thy [i.e. Jesus'] coming and the end of the world?” (Matthew 24:3). This is a very strong indication that Michael is Jesus. When Michael 'stands up', Christ 'comes', and then there is a 'great tribulation'.

Whose angels - Michael's or Christ's?

Revelation 12:7 refers to 'Michael and his angels.' Similarly, “the Son of Man shall send forth his angels” (Matthew 13:41), the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels (Matthew 16:27); “he [the Son of Man] shall send his angels” (Matthew 24:31). 2 Thessalonians 1:7 tells us that: the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels.” The fact that this expression ('his angels') is used with regard to both Michael and Christ, strongly suggests that they are one and the same.

Michael is “the great Prince” (Daniel 12:1) or “your [Israel's] Prince” (Daniel 10:21); also “one of the chief princes” (Daniel 10:13). The Hebrew term sar, prince, is used prophetically of the Messiah in Isaiah 9:6, 7.

Michael is the Prince “which standeth for the children of [Daniel's] people”, i.e. Israel. This identifies him with the “captain [Hebrew: sar] of the host of the LORD” who met Joshua (Joshua 5:14). Jehovah's Witnesses and evangelical Bible commentators alike agree that this was the prehuman Word of God.

The fact that Michael is “one of the chief princes” (Daniel 10:13) does not rule out his being Christ in his prehuman existence. It does not even preclude his being unique, as some critics claim! Why should all princes have equal rank? England's Prince Charles doesn't have the same rank as Prince Andrew or Edward! 'Princes' (plural) implies at least two. Since God himself is called “the Prince of the host” and “the Prince of princes” (Daniel 8:11, 25), there is no reason why the two “chief princes” should not be God and Christ.

The fact that Michael 'disputed about the body of Moses with the devil', presumably during the lifetime of Joshua, also strongly indicates that he was the 'captain of the host of the LORD' referred to in Joshua 5:14.

The fact that he did not dare 'bring against [the devil] a railing accusation' does not prove that Michael is not Christ. True, Christ did rebuke the demons, but he certainly did not bring about 'railing accusations' against them. The Greek κρισιν βλασφημιας (krisin blasphemias) has been rendered 'slanderous judgment' (Analytical-Literal Translation), 'abusive condemnation' (Amplified Bible), 'insulting words' (Good News Translation), 'slanderous accusation' (New International Version). Michael refused to lower himself to the level of the opposers mentioned in Jude's letter, who did dare to bring 'railing accusations' against those who deserved glory. In fact, he would not even resort to abusive speech against the devil himself. That is all.

The word 'archangel' means chief angel. The word is only used in the singular in the Bible - in connection with Michael and with Christ. This strongly suggests that they are the same person.

The fact that Strong's Dictionary calls Gabriel an 'archangel' is neither here nor there, because the Bible doesn't!

The fact that Daniel 10:13 in An American Translation and Moffat's translation uses the expression 'one of the archangels' is likewise irrelevant, because the Hebrew does not say 'archangels,' but rather 'chief [or first] princes'.

Jesus will “descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel” (1 Thessalonians 4:16). As Hal Flemings commented: “If Jesus is not the archangel in this event and he is superior to the archangel, then why would he perform this act as though he was someone of lower rank? Wouldn't he be using an archangel's voice because he is an archangel?”

It is really straining the sense of 1 Thessalonians 4:16 to say that he is just accompanied by an archangel, who calls out. When we say: “He ran in with a shout,” we understand that it is the same person who is running and shouting! If you say: “He walked in with a trumpet blast,” on the other hand, you are not implying that it is he who was blowing the trumpet (although he might be). The two cases are clearly different.
According to 1 Thessalonians 4:16, the dead are raised when they hear the archangel's voice. But John 5:28 states that the voice they hear is Christ's!

A reasonably close parallel to 'εν φωνη αρχαγγελου, en phone archangelou' (with an/the archangel's voice) in 1 Thessalonians 4:16 is at 2 Peter 2:16: “the dumb ass speaking with man's voice”. Here we have 'εν φωνη, en phone' (with the/a voice) together with a genitive. The donkey was speaking with a man's voice - but it was the donkey that was speaking, not a man nearby. Likewise, in all other cases where 'en phone' is used in the NT, the voice in question always belongs to the subject of the sentence, not some unspecified third person. - See Revelation 5:2; 14:7, 9; 18:1.

When the archangel's voice is heard, “the dead in Christ shall rise first” (1 Thessalonians 4:16). But John 5:28, 29 tells us: “all that are in the graves shall hear his [Christ's, not just any angel's] voice and shall come forth.” Both verses use the Greek word φωνη phone - once for the archangel's voice, once for the Son of Man's voice, following which the resurrection takes place. One voice, not two, is heard. Logically, then, we must conclude that there is one voice because there is one person.

When Revelation 12 says that Michael and his angels fought with the devil and his angels, throwing them out of heaven, this is a clear reference to Jesus Christ. It is Christ, not just an angel, who destroys him that had the power of death, that is, the devil. (Hebrews 2:14) According to Matthew Henry's commentary: “The parties-Michael and his angels on one side, and the dragon and his angels on the other: Christ, the great Angel of the covenant, and his faithful followers; and Satan and all his instruments.”

Isaiah 9:6 refers to Christ as 'Wonderful, Counselor'. Interestingly, the Greek Septuagint refers to Christ as 'μεγαλης βουλης αγγελος, megales boules aggelos' - 'Messenger (or Angel) of Great Counsel.'

The demons know who is going to abyss them. They said: “What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?” (Matthew 8:29) “And they besought him that he would not command them to go out into the deep [Greek: αβυσσος, abyssos].” In Revelation 20:1-3, John tells us: “And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit [Greek: αβυσσος, abyssos]”. Thus, we see that the Bible implies that Christ the angel of the abyss.

The objection that Christ can not be called an angel, because Hebrews 1:4 says that he was “made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they” is unfounded. Note that he inherited, obtained the name, not that he always had it. When Hebrews chapter 1 refers to the angels, it means the angels in general. It does not necessarily have to imply that Christ can't be called an angel. When Luke 21:29 refers to “the fig tree and all the trees”, it doesn't mean that the fig tree isn't a tree too. Likewise, when the Bible refers to Christ and the angels, it doesn't have to imply that he's not an angel.

Clearly, although Jesus is called an angel in the Bible, he is far from being like the other angels. The Watchtower commented: “The basic meaning of “angel” (Hebrew, mal·'akh´; Greek, ag´ge·los) is “messenger.” As the “Word” (Greek, lo´gos), Jesus is God's messenger par excellence.” (15/12/1984, page 29.)
Re: Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? by chuose: 2:39am On Apr 30, 2011
PROOF JESUS IS NOT ANGEL MICHEAL

Angel Michael cannot be Jesus as the Bible says that God the Father NEVER called angel son

Hebrews 1:5

For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Also Angel worship is forbidden

Colossians 2:18 (King James Version)

Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

It was because lucifer wanted to set up angel worship in heaven that he was kicked out of heaven as lucifer wanted to be worshipped like God Himself

Isaiah 14:

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

and Jesus is worshipped as God

Matthew 2:11

And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh.

So while Jesus is worshipped angels are not, so Jesus and Michael angel are NOT the same

ABOVE ALL JESUS CREATED ALL THINGS EVEN ANGELS, SO JESUS CANNOT BE AN ANGEL

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

3 ALL things were made by him; and without him was not any thing m ade that was made.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? by newmi(m): 3:57am On Apr 30, 2011
There is no suggestion in the bible that the Arch Angel Michael is the same in person with Jesus Christ infact that is an insult because you see Jesus Christ is God and by all things were created
John 1:1-4
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? by newmi(m): 3:59am On Apr 30, 2011
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? by newmi(m): 4:10am On Apr 30, 2011
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? by Sweetnecta: 4:53am On Apr 30, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ [Quote]John 1:1-4
2 The same was in the beginning with God.[/Quote]I bet Genesis disagree with this John, above.

The beginning [Genesis] has God.

The middle [John] is claiming beginning of 2 Gods; The real God and His word, as in speech/ audible word?

[Quote]3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.[/Quote]What role did the Speaker of the mere word [His means of commanding things to come to existence [made]] play in the making of what you are now claiming for the 'word'? Who is the maker, the word or the Speaker of the word?
who is more important; the Speaker of the word, Who, if He does not speak the word does not exist, or the word that can not exist unless spoken by the Speaker?

(1) (Reply)

10 Very Outstanding Scientists Of All Time And Their Thoughts On God / This Is One Of The SADDEST Stories Ever Told In Hollywood. Read & Be Inspired / 80 Favorite Bible Verses You will Surely Fall In Love With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.