Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,500 members, 7,830,508 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! (21803 Views)

Should I Stay With My Job Or Go With This New Job? / Should I Quit My Job Or Not? / Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by Fxwarrior: 3:40am On Mar 01, 2018
mightychuks:
served by the barman/barlady alone. To make it worse,the back of the bar have an exit door to the kitchen that is always open. No matter how I position myself to see all the fridges at all times shortage go still show itself the following day. Even the manager na scammer, I have caught him severally manipulating my stocks to give me shortage. I just tire. Do honest people have a living chance in this world at all?

Resign
Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by Nobody: 3:42am On Mar 01, 2018
wisino1:
Let me tell you the secret(1) put close eyes on your waiters don't allow them enter your fridge to collect drinks by them self no matter how familiar always have a note and Biro when you resume write down the names of each waiters on different column any drinks they collect from you write it down against their column so you don't make mistake ,when taking over from shift count your drinks very well to make sure it is correct......I don't know how your bar is structure because the customer is not to order from you they will order from the waiter then the waiter comes to you and you give the waiter the drinks so the waiter is the one to collect money from the customer and pay you that is why I said be careful with your waiter

Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by Fxwarrior: 3:46am On Mar 01, 2018
mightychuks:
I've tried that severally which was met withl fighting,bashing and threats that I'm not the first barman in that company, since I'm new to the area, I just respect myself. I'll keep going, as long as there's life there's hope, no be my own worse pass. Thank You.

That's what we are talking of. You need to either put your feet down and take charge. That your oga like you observed is a crook, then resign. Wetin be #12k sef?
Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by Nobody: 3:59am On Mar 01, 2018
mightychuks:
Hey fam, do any one have any experience as a bar tender/man that might help me by giving me clues on how to survive on the job. In just my first 2 months the shortages I have incurred has passed my 12k salary. Any advice will go a long way cos I gats survive and this job is the only hope I have of not starving to death yet. Please!!!

The waiters working with you are the thieves.

Be the sole custodian of the keys/locks to the fridge and monitor the waiters very very closely..

No friends in business. Don't ever let them take the drinks themselves due to familiarity.

Like someone up there said, take record of the #s of drinks you give each waiter per time and the amt. Cross the record out once the order have been paid in full. Take your time while doing this.. no hurry in biz.
Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by adekalumichael: 4:17am On Mar 01, 2018
Well you can as well venture into other means of making money, more profitable than this aching business.

Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by Ghnaija(m): 4:27am On Mar 01, 2018
Bro what this man advised to you is the best way but if you also serve drinks also Baba shine your eyes "monkey no go work Baboon go dey chop" after serving ask them who amongst them just served make sure you check if they have recorded it and count your bottles inside and outside the fridge tanx.
mightychuks:
The waiters always get the drinks themselves,then write the items on the stockbook on my table, I'll write the price of the item in a similar way like I'm signing, I serv customers too. My boss insists that customers relaxing in the bar should be
Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by kitaatita: 5:45am On Mar 01, 2018
You need at least things by your side.
1. Keep a jotter
2. A calculator

At The beginning of the business give each waiter little amount of money as IOU. It is called float. With the float they pay for every bar item they take from you before you give them to serve customers. At the end of the day you also collect back your float. Those who can't fully return the float are the ones suffering shortage.
Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by lebete3000: 5:45am On Mar 01, 2018
nairalanduseles:
guy better start G

Guy better link a nigga up....mooredavid298@gmail.com is d email...
Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by ashjay001(m): 5:49am On Mar 01, 2018
mightychuks:
served by the barman/barlady alone. To make it worse,the back of the bar have an exit door to the kitchen that is always open. No matter how I position myself to see all the fridges at all times shortage go still show itself the following day. Even the manager na scammer, I have caught him severally manipulating my stocks to give me shortage. I just tire. Do honest people have a living chance in this world at all?

Have u noted d freezers that incur d shortages?
Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by DavidEsq(m): 6:02am On Mar 01, 2018
afbstrategies:

There's no relationship between what you described here and the profile picture you put on your dp here. I was going to help you out but got turned off by that picture and the fact that you only made 7 posts on Nairaland.
Who u epp?

Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by intruxive(m): 6:13am On Mar 01, 2018
mightychuks:
The waiters always get the drinks themselves,then write the items on the stockbook on my table, I'll write the price of the item in a similar way like I'm signing, I serv customers too. My boss insists that customers relaxing in the bar should be
Thats were u got it wrong! Henceforth write down EVERYTHING the waiters take ( make sure u see it all) be prepared for fight because they now know u are wiser
Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by Headmaster055(m): 6:14am On Mar 01, 2018
I work in a bar as you.. before I was promoted..... you just have to b smart and have focus.... dnt let your waiters enter your cubicle at all... let them know that you are in charge... and always do proper stock taking when you resume... God bless your hustle.....
Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by Flye: 6:23am On Mar 01, 2018
mightychuks:
I've tried that severally which was met withl fighting,bashing and threats that I'm not the first barman in that company, since I'm new to the area, I just respect myself. I'll keep going, as long as there's life there's hope, no be my own worse pass. Thank You.

Those guys opposing u are the ones stealing the money. Will u allow someone to change the structure that favours you if u re the waiter?
Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by RealGucci: 6:46am On Mar 01, 2018
no wonder
some p wicked o
dah was how one said my billbis 4k.
wen in reality it was 2500.
i jus say wtf
if i can loose 20k in a day
wtf is 4k.
since den i stopped going to that bar.
femi4:
Inflate the price of drinks for customers that you know can afford it.

2. Tax them once in a while and know their names
Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by Pearl05(f): 7:08am On Mar 01, 2018
mightychuks:
Mostly old customers tend to use the bar and few new ones that come there cannot afford any inflation that exceeds #50 on each bottle (our drinks are already expensive enough). When serving potential big guys/men, our manager will start hovering like a fly to know how much you sold the drinks to them. If you add one Naira na problem be that o. Today will make it the second month I'm going empty handed in that company. Jesu!!

Leave the job. Go find job elsewhere. If your parents needs some help from you as someone working, what will you tell them? This same story?
Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 7:35am On Mar 01, 2018
OP how many bottles do you drink in a day from your stocks... let's start from there. because I notice majority of bar tenders steal from their stocks and if they sell 3 bottles to their customers they must drink one bottle... so tell us how many do you drink in a day u might have a clue why u have shortages
Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by KingMicky3286: 7:40am On Mar 01, 2018
mightychuks:
Hey fam, do any one have any experience as a bar tender/man that might help me by giving me clues on how to survive on the job. In just my first 2 months the shortages I have incurred has passed my 12k salary. Any advice will go a long way cos I gats survive and this job is the only hope I have of not starving to death yet. Please!!!

Whatapp me for a professional advice.. +855964618767.
Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by Allansmith: 7:50am On Mar 01, 2018
If you caught Manager did you push further to report him?at least for the records and should incase anything happens on the long run eventually as it is happening now

mightychuks:
Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by nerodenero: 7:53am On Mar 01, 2018
The way most of our bars are structured makes it almost impossible to avoid debts because everybody is working one way or another to steal from you.

The greatest culprits are the people working closely with you and no matter how hard you try to put them in check, a slight slip from you leads to another 'gbese' which means your alertness level should be if possible over 100%.

The question is how do you survive earning N400 per day which is like N12,400/monthly and on a daily ''gbese'' of 1K-3k? A daily ''gbese'' of N1k gives N31k monthly that is if you work everyday let alone a daily 'gbese' of 3k.

My advice: quit that job asap, trust me you would survive. Even with 12k per month, you are extremely underpaid plus the debts accruing every month. You are not working but suffering. Better you are jobless and free from debt than be employed and keep swimming in the ocean of debt. Quit now before you go insane.
Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by adanny01(m): 7:54am On Mar 01, 2018
mightychuks:

U need to secure your stock bro.
Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by hurumnanya: 8:48am On Mar 01, 2018
mightychuks:
12k job? Please u better go learn some skills or better still do labourer work. That's rubbish. How on earth do u survive on 12k?

1 Like

Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by Esthered: 9:03am On Mar 01, 2018
Good morning OP & sorry about your shortages. An effective CONTROL SYSTEM is what you need to put in place. You need to MONITOR your stock movement at opening and closing diligently. You must ISSUE the drinks yourself to the waiter not the waiter having access to your bar/fridge. Always be vigilant & escalate issues where necessary. Don't trust your supplier who may claim to supply 2 packs of pet drinks based on your request but rather supplied 1 pack. The reason for vigilance as stated earlier.
Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by ehispapa(m): 9:17am On Mar 01, 2018
mightychuks:

why do you come for advice when you already know you wont accept it. you should be sack since you are scared of simple waiters. shine your eyes and be firm. that is how people are managed. take firm decision and stick to it. or you want to keep paying for your lapses?
Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by dlawsamesq(m): 9:26am On Mar 01, 2018
every morning when u are opening, give all ur waiters a certain amount of money so whenever they are coming to order for anything they pay on the spot. After the day sales they return the money given to them to u. try it and thank me later.
Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by maysimsimple(m): 9:26am On Mar 01, 2018
Fileeee awon eyan asiwaju ni top one.

author=Jobabori post=65456449]I do not own a beer parlour but the problem discussed by the OP is commron to all bar men. Assuming that you are leaving in Ibadan, I could have advise you to go to Top one Hotel Podo for better tutoring. A well structure system that discouraged the problem you are passing through.[/quote]
Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by Kolabalogun(m): 10:00am On Mar 01, 2018
as a bartender, you alone have access to the drinks and the likes unless its time to take stock that the Manager or so will join in the inspection or so. all you need is to work through the waiters using indirect means. reimburse the waiters with certain amount so if anyone need something, they will take the list and get it with the money you gave them so they will be the one to account for the money given to them at the end of every blessed day. all you just need is that you are giving the waiters enough cash so as to run the day without having to come back all the time, you will see they will monitor the stuff very well but at the same time be vigilant
Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by kirchofff(m): 10:02am On Mar 01, 2018
mightychuks:
Bro, this one is different, if I was a waiter it'll preferable, I'm in charge of drinks, loading,chilling and dispensing drinks and some eatables to both waiters and few customers. Each day I work my stuck I'll be getting shortages of 1-3k everyday!!! No matter how careful I am, and I earn 400 per day. E tire me o! Hey! Na die I dey so o.
I suspect your waiters, make sure you
Record any drink they take and make sure you're there always, whenever you are not there lock the chiller/fridge.
Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by afbstrategies: 10:43am On Mar 01, 2018
DavidEsq:

Who u epp?

Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by Kaysurplus: 12:52pm On Mar 01, 2018
afbstrategies:

There's no relationship between what you described here and the profile picture you put on your dp here. I was going to help you out but got turned off by that picture and the fact that you only made 7 posts on Nairaland.

I've never come across any of your comments without a tone of pride. Empty barrel oshi. undecided
Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by afbstrategies: 12:54pm On Mar 01, 2018
Kaysurplus:

I've never come across any of your comments without a tone of pride. Empty barrel oshi. undecided

With only 22 comments on Nairaland. Go look for better things to do. Olodo. Ritualist undecided
Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by afbstrategies: 12:58pm On Mar 01, 2018
Kaysurplus:

E Pain am! Oluwa has bend your life already, Yahoo boy. Go to school, you couldn't. Loser
Re: Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! by afbstrategies: 1:02pm On Mar 01, 2018
Kaysurplus:

Instead of looking for meaningful things to do with your sorry life, you continued to look for young girls to date and pregnant.

Kaysurplus my foot. Useless thug

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Go Back To School At Age 40 / Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries / I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.