Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,223 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church (34306 Views)

Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu / Ambode Commissions Jubilee Bridge Ajah (Photos) / Ambode Commissions Ojodu Berger Bridge (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 28, 2018
yomibelle:
exactly...churches are to develop d area dey are situated in...wt not just preaching
Churches are not meant to develop areas they are situated, it is the job of the government not the church. Churches build men to be spiritually and physically strong to handle life
Re: Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 28, 2018
DevaintNigerian:
Believe me, this is stunning and exceptional, and the church can do more.
I wish to see the church building free schools, hospitals and giving scholarships..

I wonder why African churches can't learn from the European missionaries who saw building free schools as a platform to exemplify love and a means of Evangelism.

I was so angry one day when I got a text message telling me I've been given a scholarship to do a 2-weeks Bible Training Course by the Living Faith Church, owners of Covenant University. You cannot offer a scholarship for me to study in your University, it's becoming a church worker/ pastor, that you're offering a scholarship

Meanwhile for just a token for data subscription, I'll give you original and plagiarism free contents for your blog..

Might also help you post them on your blog and share the links on social media for organic traffic!

+2348132780393
Have you for once asked whether the churches in Europe does similar thing like we see in Nigeria?
Churches had already built schools, hospitals and among others in Nigeria yet many are not satisfied. They insist they build universities and charge same rate like public universities forgetting that public universities especially federal universities are subsidize. A responsible government provide all these amenities to her citizens instead of waiting for the church to do their job. You rarely see churches in Europe do what Nigerian churches are doing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 28, 2018
lonelydora:
Daddy Freeze won't see this one now.

Nice one Deeper Life
He has suddenly gone dumb. That man lacks respect and his an arrogant being
Re: Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 28, 2018
timwudz:
Daddy Freeze's words are working

E don dey pepper dem
Not at all dear. What you saw had being strategically planned before that lunatic started ranting on social media
Re: Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 28, 2018
Praktikals:

The Oyedepos and Adeboyes cannot do this. I support that churches should be taxed.
Unfortunately churches can't be taxed because most of their members are in government. No matter the ranting, it will be difficult to implement that
Re: Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church by yomibelle(f): 2:04pm On Feb 28, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Churches are not meant to develop areas they are situated, it is the job of the government not the church. Churches build men to be spiritually and physically strong to handle life

i agree...but imagine a multimillion/billion naira church sited in an undeveloped area wt no ok road network or eletrification
Re: Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church by UnchangeableGod: 2:12pm On Feb 28, 2018
oruma19:
u count urself in the league of the only original and genuine pastor remaining in Nigeria? Beta watch ur mouth. Kumuyi is not about "do what I say", he is a practical christian. His standards are what still keep me in christianity If not I could have left the religion because of the "a thousand and one" false prophets turning scriptures upside down for their pockets. Pastor kumuyi, as far as I am concerned, is the last hope of real christianity. May God continue to keep him for us and when he us old enough to die, replace him with another person who will not run after mammon like the others. No insults intended on others but I just spoke what I see and know.
I see. To you Christianity is a religion. I seriously doubt if you have been listening to baba Kumuyi's messages. The right attitude should have been to accept your faults and apologize, not to attack me (if you are actually a (born again) Christian. I am not judging you. But that is simply what you should have done. Thanks.
Re: Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church by kristen12(f): 2:17pm On Feb 28, 2018
roundman:
Is it not what daddy freeze has being talking about? If only we have more people like freeze to tell those thieving G.Os some home truth we would have been better of,his message is hitting the right spot.God bless daddy freeze
They started their building since 2006. They had to build a bridge to decongest traffic when service starts there.
Doesn't have anything to do with freeze
Re: Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 28, 2018
yomibelle:

i agree...but imagine a multimillion/billion naira church sited in an undeveloped area wt no ok road network or eletrification
It is the government to provide basic amenities. That the church decided to support doesn't mean it is their duty.
Re: Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church by UnchangeableGod: 2:31pm On Feb 28, 2018
asuustrike2009:

So apt.
Re: Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church by UnchangeableGod: 2:34pm On Feb 28, 2018
kristen12:

They started their building since 2006. They had to build a bridge to decongest traffic when service starts there.
Doesn't have anything to do with freeze
Re: Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church by UnchangeableGod: 2:35pm On Feb 28, 2018
asuustrike2009:

It is the government to provide basic amenities. That the church decided to support doesn't mean it is their duty.
Re: Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church by sunsewa16: 2:35pm On Feb 28, 2018
that's nice of him,not Lord chosen that erected a bridge across the canal behind the church and was collecting bridge pass from members and non members.
Re: Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church by timwudz(m): 2:54pm On Feb 28, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Not at all dear. What you saw had being strategically planned before that lunatic started ranting on social media
matured quote ever

God bless u
Re: Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church by cgniyi(m): 3:13pm On Feb 28, 2018
emmasege:
You got it all wrong. The projects are meant to benefit both the church and the community. What would Ambode be doing there if it was solely meant for the church? Have you ever heard or seen pastor Kumuyi invite a Governor or politician to commission a project solely meant for his church, for him before? Not the Kumuyi that I know.

You miss my point. I actually stay in the area. Part of the challenge of building the church was to provide solutions to ease traffic during service.
It was the duty of the church in conjunction with Lagos State government to provide these solutions.
Currently roads are also being constructed by Lagos state to provide alternate routes in and out of Gbagada. We actually had to protest to the government for this to happen.
Seems many here have no idea of the size of church. If they didn't put this infrastructure in place even their members would find it extremely difficult to get in.
Obviously the community will benefit but if the church was not built in the area in the first place we would not even have the problem.
Again, let's see how things look after the first service.
Re: Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 28, 2018
timwudz:

matured quote ever

God bless u
Bless you too
Re: Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church by oruma19: 4:29pm On Feb 28, 2018
UnchangeableGod:
I see. To you Christianity is a religion. I seriously doubt if you have been listening to baba Kumuyi's messages. The right attitude should have been to accept your faults and apologize, not to attack me (if you are actually a (born again) Christian. I am not judging you. But that is simply what you should have done. Thanks.
all dis my deeper life pple will be oppressing me using humility of some sort. No vex, I apologise. If its some pple I know by now they would have a abused my ancestors...ahahahahaha. You have shown that u are a kumuyi follower by ur attitude. God bless u for representing clear and practical christianiry that papa kumuyi preaches.
Re: Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church by UnchangeableGod: 6:49pm On Feb 28, 2018
oruma19:
all dis my deeper life pple will be oppressing me using humility of some sort. No vex, I apologise. If its some pple I know by now they would have a abused my ancestors...ahahahahaha. You have shown that u are a kumuyi follower by ur attitude. God bless u for representing clear and practical christianiry that papa kumuyi preaches.
God bless you too. Thanks for understanding my viewpoint and apologizing. That is Christianity. Yes, I am a Deeper Lifer. Pastor Kumuyi is my pastor and mentor but I am not his follower. I am a follower (disciple) of Jesus Christ. Remain blessed sir.
Re: Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church by ArcFresky(m): 7:13pm On Feb 28, 2018
emmasege:
What about the bridge and the street lights? And will Deeper life members park their cars @ the place throughout the week? Don't you think they'll make the facility available for public use when not holding a service?

I think it's better to laud them so that other religious organizations can be encouraged to give back to the community. Maybe we may have a compensation for bad governments through such faith-based initiatives.

Lol, maybe they will remove the street lights and bridges after each service

1 Like

Re: Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church by STEVENcrack(m): 8:21pm On Feb 28, 2018
REDshouse:
he sent his deputy to do the commissioning and also a prerequsite for the church structure.
why would a private car park need commisioning..

if they are buying private jet u wud complain ...now this church is even trying u are calling it a private car part..smh
Re: Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church by babajero(m): 1:41pm On May 30, 2018
roundman:
You don't know me,so i am not going to start exchanging words with you this morning but for your info i don't worship any man or G.Os only the true living GOD.do have a blessed day
same as me I don't worship any GO, God is to be worshipped not man. Am sorry if what I wrote annoyed you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader / Why I Was Absent During Buhari’s Working Visit To Lagos – Tinubu / How Smuggled Petrol From Nigeria Floods Niger, Cameroon, Benin, Togo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.