Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,573 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God (19358 Views)

Rev Ezekiel's Burial: Adeboye, Oyedepo, Ukpai, Wale Oke, Okonkwo Attend / Bishop Wale Oke: No To Sharia Law In South West Nigeria / Pastor Igwe Ognonnaya Gets Car Gift After Obeying God & Sacrificed His Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by GavelSlam: 3:55pm On Feb 28, 2018
thorpido:
Atheists are jokers. Have many of them have you seen win the Noble prize?

Almost all Nobel prize winners, at least in the area of science or literature, are either atheist or agnostic.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by chuksnwadc: 3:57pm On Feb 28, 2018
Hp it ll be affordable to low class church members who also contributed their widows mite towards actualisatn of d University.
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by wonlasewonimi: 4:00pm On Feb 28, 2018
castrol180:
head of a church and the vc simultaneously...you still want donation from people with less income and you reject good loan

You can't make this up.... Set up a business with freewill donations and make profits. Good business strategy
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by DeKen: 4:01pm On Feb 28, 2018
OkutaNla:

Eh.. Soyinka is one. He won the Nobel prize. undecided
Thought Soyinka is a traditionalist.
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by Desyner: 4:16pm On Feb 28, 2018
yeyerolling:
bar the scholarship they give, what is the hope of the poor man pikin. if there was private uni during oyedepo's youth, would he have been able to afford it
Think of it properly, the only thing they can do to help the poor is scholarship. Once they decide how much they want to give out through scholarship, they simply give the number of student that amount covers the scholarship. The amount being paid by other student who aren't under scholarship is a function of the set standard. What you pay is what you get.
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by Ojuororun(m): 4:21pm On Feb 28, 2018
WITH YOU THAT REJECTED $25MILION LOAN because GOD ,AND THE PERSON THAT REJECTED A 25NAIRA LOAN ALSO because GOD, BOTH OF U HAS THESAME REWARD INFRONT OF BABA GOD THAT JUST IT.
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by Desyner: 4:29pm On Feb 28, 2018
Patarictering:
he used donations yet the university will be unaffordable for a large majority of his congregation!
The donation is voluntary. If anyone among the congregation can't afford the school let him save his 'donation' instead of sowing megre N2,000 'seed' and then expecting a hundred fold in subsidy from the church. In seed and havest cycle, you don't sue the earth for not yeilding what it yeilds to your neighbor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 28, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
hmmm

Hello guys, I just wana show you guys my latest post... make sure you read it.

Best investments in Nigeria for those with small capital

I read your post and must say it makes pretty sense.
Thank you for the information.
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by BiafranBushBoy: 4:52pm On Feb 28, 2018
princeking2:

I read your post and must say it makes pretty sense.
Thank you for the information.

Thanks so much. Please, can you go back and share to your friends who might need it?

Thanks once again.
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 28, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

Thanks so much. Please, can you go back and share to your friends who might need it?

Thanks once again.
Its okay. I will.
Cheers!
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by Emmerich09(m): 4:57pm On Feb 28, 2018
This is the more reason you should make the university fees cheaper, so people of all works of life can be a part of it.....
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by thorpido(m): 5:02pm On Feb 28, 2018
OkutaNla:

Eh.. Soyinka is one. He won the Nobel prize. undecided
He was not an atheist when he won it.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by BiafranBushBoy: 5:03pm On Feb 28, 2018
princeking2:

Its okay. I will.
Cheers!

Thanks. smiley
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 28, 2018
cglobalz:
pls guys i need help on how to get to gowon estate from ota pls quote me with the direction. God bless nairaland.
Find your way to sango. From sango, take a bus to iyana ipaja. Drop just before iyana ipaja bridge. Go right and take a small bus or keke napep to gowon estate.
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 28, 2018
Fit2Rule:

Find your way to sango. From sango, take a bus to iyana ipaja. Drop just before iyana ipaja bridge. Go right and take a small bus or keke napep to gowon estate.

God bless u.. Thanks alot
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by edicolove: 5:27pm On Feb 28, 2018
HigherEd:
In decades to come. All these Christian varsities would be blazing trails; finding cures, inventing new technology and expanding the frontiers of learning.

We already have the Ebola rapid testing kit, Lassa detection process developed in Redeemers

We already have the 'Evolution proof' insecticide developed by Covenant.

We have the World Class Agriculture Research Institute and Sustainable Agriculture City being almost delivered by Landmark. We are getting there gradually!

Lalasticlala Desyner

In decades to come, a Christian should be expecting the rapture and coming of Christ, not how he will take over the world. Christians are not going to take over the world. Its the antichrist that will actually take over the world for a while before Christ returns and kicks him out. But by then, no one will need your universities as Christ establishes his 100 year reign. Funny how some of you who say you are Christians only think of the future of humanity in terms of worldly attainments. Dont you guys read your bible?
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by OkutaNla: 6:20pm On Feb 28, 2018
thorpido:
He was not an atheist when he won it.

I need to look-up/investigate the veracity of that allegation. But in any case, are you implying that only non-atheists/christians get to win Nobel prizes coz i don't want to think that you actually believe such crap/nonsense. That's like saying only non-atheists/christians are successful in life.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by bolamp(m): 6:36pm On Feb 28, 2018
Desyner:
I like this.
When will those occultist/atheist who vehemently oppose the church build their own self?
They only multiply in govt school and hardly open their own to promote their own version of the 'truth'.

Buolding of schools is only opposed because it is pure business and not a training center for the church.
With the contributors deceived that the school will be of direct benefit to them which in the long run isn't.

This only thrives because the majority of the population live in poverty and the society is disoriented and far from ideal.

If they are so gifted they should go and try this move in developed countries and see if they would be so lucky.
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by prosnadis(m): 6:40pm On Feb 28, 2018
Qualitative education is not free any where in the world.
Skepticus:

Watch how the brainwashed will rush to attack your comment as an hater.
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by castrol180(m): 7:19pm On Feb 28, 2018
wonlasewonimi:

You can't make this up.... Set up a business with freewill donations and make profits. Good business strategy

Ok oo
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by thorpido(m): 10:01pm On Feb 28, 2018
OkutaNla:

I need to look-up/investigate the veracity of that allegation. But in any case, are you implying that only non-atheists/christians get to win Nobel prizes coz i don't want to think that you actually believe such crap/nonsense. That's like saying only non-atheists/christians are successful in life.
Not really but you will discover that non-atheists make more impact in other people's lives.
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by lereinter(m): 10:22pm On Feb 28, 2018
thorpido:
Atheists are jokers. Have many of them have you seen win the Noble prize?

you very funny

which religion did alfred noble practice

1 Like

Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by lereinter(m): 10:27pm On Feb 28, 2018
what's the objective of churches building universities at everry corner
exorbitant fees, very few number of students, etc
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by thorpido(m): 10:33pm On Feb 28, 2018
lereinter:

you very funny

which religion did alfred noble practice
He attended a Lutheran church but became an atheist later in life.
I must mention that he suffered depression at the end stage of his life.
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by ifymadu: 3:53am On Mar 01, 2018
You have gotten the money to set up the school through divine means but yet the school won’t be affordable to the less privileged who lack financial support to acquire quality education. God is on the throne and congratulations anyway.
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by IdeyFindWife: 3:31pm On Mar 01, 2018
masterP042:
Pastorprenuers really diversifying from churches, to expensive schools, to filling stations, jet renting, etc for more profit
Their sheeples will come to defend them.
Until we have more schools and hospitals than churches, until we have richer doctors than pastors, until we keep wake in research than church vigils, we will remain a shiit hole country. We have a lot to do to develop Nigeria, no fairy in the sky will do it for us

He that has done little is still better than he that has done nothing!

If you do a little digging on the CSR contributions of this Churches' Welfare Ministries to everyday living of common people all over the African Continent, you'd be shocked! Just how much of your data or money have you used for the benefit of the society or even just the next guy around you?

I would've thought in a "shithole" country that's fast sinking from misguided followership, greed, corruption and visionless leadership into anarchy; I would have tthought that well-meaning people everywhere would at least have celebrated the few beacons of light, bastions of hope and progressive elements they get. But no, it's the same-old, same-old conniving, gossiping, low-thinking, backstabbing bullshyt that's kept the Black Man down you see everywhere. What are your elected Politithiefcians doing? What dividends are they delivering?

Home-based Nigerians need to wake up otherwise 2019 will deliver not just election surprises but prolly war, then y'all will know that only suicidal people lie to themselves. If you're not happy, join the process and demand for more accountability in spending of Church funds and deploying of Church Resources but you better celebrate your own. Trump's US is not about handing y'all Free Aid Money for thieves to waste anymore!

Anyway, what're your mosques and shrines up to these days? Are they building schools, hospitals too? because it's either it's only the Churches that're getting together to make societal impact or all the bitching against them must truly be one humongous devilish campaign that jobless Naija hands are being recruited into without the people themselves using their sense before joining the trend!

Are Churches they government you voted into power?
Are they directly responsible to you?
Are they not even contributing more into Scientific Research & TEchnological development Than Any Other Singular Non-Governmental Body by All the Continental & WorldClass Universities etc they're building plus Charities all over the place?
Are they the ones looting you blind while you're busy hailing them and calling them "Chairman, Sai Baba" & Co!
Where Did Nigeria Miss it? Is it with the Proliferated Churches & their Dogged Memberships?
Could they be that entirely useless and Still be Thriving, Growing and Diversifying at this Rate?
What Societal Impact & Usefulness are they serving that people, un-hypnotized, willing troop into them?
People cling to Esoteric beliefs involutarily with a peculiar fervor out of certain experience OR they voluntarily seek it out when when the permutations of this life's Physical Realities are not delivering the odds in there favor! In Nigeria, you have too much of that. Nothing is Working yet people need Emotional Stability, Psychological Equilibrium and Closure.
They turn to Religion, you demonize them instead of your consistently failing snake-money swallowing Polithiefcians and civil service?
You don't know what you're beckoning...Anarchy, breakdown of Law & Order, Period!
Religion gives people Hope, Emotional Comfort, Peace, Presence of Mind, Fortitude to Process The Present & Determination To Face The Future....Take that Away From People. You Get Hopeless People! Hopeless People Do Crazy Shyt because He-that-Is-Down-Doesn't-Need-To-Fear-Falling.
Hopeless People Drug-Up, Act Suicidal, Do Random Killings and FvckUp Normal People with Sensible Expectations.
As long as People are Still Free to Bet Away their Money, chop Point&Kill, Bang Prostittutes; I feel the Issue of Folks taking Their Money To Church, without mentioning mosques, lodges and the Polithiefcians' favorite - Okija-Shrine, has been over-flogged into meaningless Cliche-hood!

Say Hi to your Imams and Babalawos sha, hope they're doing more than just skull-mining and planning the next bombing or Fulani attack?

1 Share

Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by masterP042(m): 4:17pm On Mar 01, 2018
IdeyFindWife:

He that has done little is still better than he that has done nothing!

If you do a little digging on the CSR contributions of this Churches' Welfare Ministries to everyday living of common people all over the African Continent, you'd be shocked! Just how much of your data or money have you used for the benefit of the society or even just the next guy around you?

I would've thought in a "shithole" country that's fast sinking from misguided followership, greed, corruption and visionless leadership into anarchy; I would have tthought that well-meaning people everywhere would at least have celebrated the few beacons of light, bastions of hope and progressive elements they get. But no, it's the same-old, same-old conniving, gossiping, low-thinking, backstabbing bullshyt that's kept the Black Man down you see everywhere. What are your elected Politithiefcians doing? What dividends are they delivering?

Home-based Nigerians need to wake up otherwise 2019 will deliver not just election surprises but prolly war, then y'all will know that only suicidal people lie to themselves. If you're not happy, join the process and demand for more accountability in spending of Church funds and deploying of Church Resources but you better celebrate your own. Trump's US is not about handing y'all Free Aid Money for thieves to waste anymore!
I don't wanna quote the whole long epistle you buti just wanna make it clear to you that most pastors and politicians are the same. Their main aim is not to serve but to acquired more wealth(mostly ill gotten).
Pastors as well as politicians should be held accountable for their actions and decisions. There's no fairy in the sky that will help us do that. And that's why we should speak out when they are going off the right path. So when I do that don't say I'm trying to back bite or pull my own down. So u mean I should praise them when they scam people, get rich off people's hard earned income, commercialize the gospel, turn church to a business enterprise? All thanks to social media, people are becoming more aware of their gimmicks, the shakkles of religion is being broken bit by bit. More Nigerians are beginning to really see them for who they are: con men
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by IdeyFindWife: 7:34pm On Mar 01, 2018
masterP042:

I don't wanna quote the whole long epistle you buti just wanna make it clear to you that most pastors and politicians are the same. Their main aim is not to serve but to acquired more wealth(mostly ill gotten).
Pastors as well as politicians should be held accountable for their actions and decisions. There's no fairy in the sky that will help us do that. And that's why we should speak out when they are going off the right path. So when I do that don't say I'm trying to back bite or pull my own down. So u mean I should praise them when they scam people, get rich off people's hard earned income, commercialize the gospel, turn church to a business enterprise? All thanks to social media, people are becoming more aware of their gimmicks, the shakkles of religion is being broken bit by bit. More Nigerians are beginning to really see them for who they are: con men

Just like your earlier post implied, Nigeria lacked technological development which is an offshoot of a scientifically information-rich and results-oriented Research-based environment.

Nigerians are the exact opposite of that with their every mannerism, antecedent and outlook. With the advent of New Media, the country is fast becoming a nation of needlessly-reactive, alarmist wailers, who wail and "react" to every issue whether it concerns them or not, with wild conjectures, rumors, gossip and sometimes, simply hate speech! And then, they leave that issue there with no active-corrective-action in mind either on individual or community action level for sorting that condition. You can be sure they'd be back next week to wail over the same thing, in the same manner with no meaningful way-forward repetitively like mad people like that!

What kinda life is that?! No numbers to call, no Social Action Groups to convene, no Public Service Departments or Functionaries heads to demand for? Just like when a gang of toothless witchy-witchy grannies meet at the Village square and bang teeth endlessly while salivating over juicy palm kernels with no facility for cracking them.

Simply put, CAN/PFN wouldn't be able to play deaf if 3, 4 or more Action Groups start dragging issues with them with full files of well-documented cases of Abuse, Financial Misappropriation, funds diversification and Scandals. When they're picketed left, right and center with other dialogue groups bringing forward different frameworks for regulating them, they will sit up.

Not all of them are that bad. In a nation whose media churns out bad news consistently to a global audience, you'd be surprised to see the amount of hearty reports coming from Church corners especially their CSR charitable works. People attack them regularly but fail to consider the angle of massive shakeups coming against the peace, stability and safety of the very same Nigeria. They fail to consider the possibility of funding of Shekau, Boko Haram, Fulani Herders and their roving bands of suicidal killers who waste Southern lives for fun yet their major grouse is with Churches! What about top key Islamic cabals who've been fingered in possibly funding Insurgency to the level where Nigerian has a permanent spot on World Terror Watch Lists and it's now quite difficult for hommies who might even wanna come out because they average Nigerian is regarded in the light of a corrupt and potential troublemaker.

We talk of religious bodies as opinion molders and deny that they're doing any good despite the fact Christians mostly refuse to react with violence in the face of utmost provocation? What are the other religious bodies teaching their guys that make them such murderous killers? What if Churches were scrapped and former-christians now free to shoot, kill and destroy at will without any religious or moral restraints, what could be the possible result? Consider Southern Kaduna just 2days ago, Christian youths deciding to fight first or fight back, what do did you get in 48hours, 1000 houses burnt, about between 12-18 pple killed.

Maybe, all the Church folk needed was not all that harsh vilification and antagonism. It comes across as devilish persecution, plain and simple! Maybe, all they need is some more guidance, more enlightenment, more community action against erring pastors who go out of line not blanket generalizations pronouncing all of them (including those in poverty-stricken zones giving and not even receiving) as thieves and robbers fit for hanging. Been there, done that. Me I done tire of all that, the worst lies you can tell is the one you sell to yourself.

The same people who comfortably throw stones, at Churches, won't even dare make a tiny mouse-squeak when passing by a mosque. Is it because Church folk are intrinsically as nice and good as they come that we take'em for granted that much Or is it because we ourselves are so joylessly wounded on fundamental levels that the mere fact of them being comfortable in their realities of their own creation that we can't but hate on them?

Each to his own, thanks!

1 Share

Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by Christianvoice: 1:53pm On Sep 01, 2020
masterP042:
Pastorprenuers really diversifying from churches, to expensive schools, to filling stations, jet renting, etc for more profit
Their sheeples will come to defend them.
Until we have more schools and hospitals than churches, until we have richer doctors than pastors, until we keep wake in research than church vigils, we will remain a shiit hole country. We have a lot to do to develop Nigeria, no fairy in the sky will do it for us

Stop posting fabricated lies against the church and pastors you forincator and son of the devil. Your government cannot give you electricity yet you are still paying for services they have not rendered. Today your failed Islamic-Fulanic government is deducting vats from everything you purchase or sell such as recharge cards yet they cannot account for it. You are jobless at your age yet your political leaders have been living large and take your money abroad.
You talked about stopping night vigil, so should go to club? listen to yourself,church activities are your problems?Religiously, tell me a Nation/people that practice religion like the Jewish people in the world? In paying tithes, giving and their prayers regularly yet in Medicine, technology, Agriculture, they are the best.
If the government of Nigeria runs governance like the church you that is talking as a jobless person wouldn't have been poor or jobless. The church missionary brought education to you and even civilization. What has Islam brought to Nigeria if not Boko Haram.
Covenant University that is owned by the church is well management with world class facilities and infrastructures. Since its inception there has never been a minute for power outage, 24/7Power/water supply and yet it is one of the best universities in the world better than your government universities. You think if pastors are thieves like you and your politicians they could have bulit big churches, schools, acquired jets for ministry and most importantly maintain them?
Your government cannot even maintain common Primary schools, hospitals even government jets.
What the church has done is huge yet they don't force people to donate like the government.
Even though you stop paying tithes or giving to pastors the church will still do well.
In UK, South Korea, US, government regulate church finances but pastors over there are still building edifice, acquire aircrafts for ministry, etc.
Oga the church build some of the public schools you see here today when missionaries came into Nigeria.
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by Christianvoice: 1:59pm On Sep 01, 2020
DeKen:

Thought Soyinka is a traditionalist.
Since he thinks by his own power got his game and refused to acknowledge, have you heard his fame again? His fame is fading away. The other day a small boy asked him to stand up from his seat on the plane.
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by Christianvoice: 2:02pm On Sep 01, 2020
[quote author=lereinter post=65454988]

you very funny

which religion did alfred noble practice[/quote

Gentleman, I believe you are with your phone , Google highest Noble prize winners are the Jewish people. In Medicine, Technology, etc. Yet they are most religious people on Earth.
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God by Christianvoice: 2:07pm On Sep 01, 2020
bar the scholarship they give, what is the hope of the poor man pikin. if there was private uni during oyedepo's youth, would he have been able to afford it

Don't insult Oyedepo, no one in Nigeria awards scholarship like the winners Chapel church. Check now. I don't always like people who just run their mouth because they easily have access to Internet

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? / Tom Kolawole Samson Graduates From University Of Essex, UK (Photos) / Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.