Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,420 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany (79176 Views)

Adventures Of Lionlee216 / Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by HeWrites(m): 9:55am On Mar 17, 2019
bujebudanu1:

grin
Nigeria

Like naija is still years back

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 5:44pm On Mar 17, 2019
I sort of made a stupid mistake when booking my flight ticket. I was penny wise but pound foolish.

I never checked for flights originating from Düsseldorf because I felt Frankfurt airport being in the center of Germany equals the fact that flights are cheaper there.

Turns out that that isn't true. I got to realize this after I had booked my flight ticket from Frankfurt which I required me to book bus ticket that gets me there.

Well, I learnt my lesson really hard as I had to leave home early and arrive the airport at 12am for a flight of 7am.

The 6 hours waiting time was hectic as I couldn't sleep. I was just restless all through.

The time for checking in came and it was a breeze as I had just one traveling box and hand luggage.

While waiting to board, announcements were made that the flight was fully booked and there is an option of checking in hand luggage.

Me I sha didn't answer and thank God I did not. It wa just as though I had a premonition that something was going to happen.

4 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Dammilekan(m): 6:10pm On Mar 17, 2019
Hey man it me wizplynfrosh I de activated my other account you still never stone us picturr and gist us about your friend when they hear say you have arrived in naija
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Lhimeet(m): 12:06am On Mar 18, 2019
Braket:
Trip to Nigeria.

If I was told that I will return back to Nigeria in my first years of moving abroad, I would definitely have argued. But it goes without saying that man proposes, God disposes.

With few months to go and examination knocking, I had to make plans about visiting Nigeria. As that then, I had no work but only few euros I had saved up for my bills.

I frantically searched for work, and I was so lucky to get a 4 weeks contract which I did with my body and soul despite lot of shits I had to deal with there.

Long story short, I booked my ticket with British Airways at a giveaway price of about €520. Then the main headache of what to buy for loved ones in Nigeria and the money to spend in Nigeria started giving me headaches because Nigerians wouldn't just accept the reality of bills we have to face here and the fact that I am a student who hasn't worked more than two months since I arrived coupled with the reality that this trip was not really pre-planned but it was necessary.

In the end, I told myself the better truth of not doing pass myself just because I just returned from 'abroad'. So I decided to tell them the blunt truth that I am a student and I would even appreciate any cash they can give me when going back.

That settled, I wrote my exams and packaged my bags to voyage 20 years into the past.

Hahahahahahaha grin cheesy grin
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by lordally(m): 8:05am On Mar 18, 2019
Mille:

You see, that's why I don't like to advice people on this forum.

I have lived across five different European countries, (including Germany, France and Italy) and when you try to give others the reality on ground, those who have never seen an airport will be the one urging them on and saying one is a hater. And I don't like to say much. One even said it's because didnt work for me while another said I should mind my own business which I have rightly done.

And no Mr Op. I was in an Erasmus mundus Program but I don't remember saying I got an Erasmus scholarship.

gabi101 I hail o.

Bon chance.
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 11:51am On Mar 19, 2019
Dammilekan:
Hey man it me wizplynfrosh I de activated my other account you still never stone us picturr and gist us about your friend when they hear say you have arrived in naija
First picture is an aerial view of London

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Dammilekan(m): 10:02am On Mar 20, 2019
London is fine ooh,how do u cope about their language and racism
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Nutworks100: 9:35pm On Mar 20, 2019
Boss, I have someone who just got admitted to Konstanz University, are there possibilities of student jobs in konstanz?
Braket:

First picture is an aerial view of London
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 7:53pm On Mar 25, 2019
Dammilekan:
London is fine ooh,how do u cope about their language and racism
I haven't had much time for the language. I am currently doing passive learning.
Racism is subtle.
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 7:54pm On Mar 25, 2019
Nutworks100:
Boss, I have someone who just got admitted to Konstanz University, are there possibilities of student jobs in konstanz?
I seriously wish that I could give you a review of the cities. But unfortunately I can't. What really determines must time is how far the semester ticket can take you.
I have never for once worked in my city before.
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 7:56pm On Mar 25, 2019
So I have decided to only post pictures when I can and not just waste my time and effort on typing since it seems like no one is reading them.
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by BikeMan: 8:01pm On Mar 25, 2019
Braket:
So I have decided to only post pictures when I can and not just waste my time and effort on typing since it seems like no one is reading them.
how did you come to that conclusion

2 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by janettee(f): 9:04pm On Mar 25, 2019
Braket:

We are oo smiley..

2 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by daamazing(m): 10:08pm On Mar 25, 2019
Braket:
we are

2 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Mizwisdom(f): 11:18pm On Mar 25, 2019
Braket:
I sort of made a stupid mistake when booking my flight ticket. I was penny wise but pound foolish.

I never checked for flights originating from Düsseldorf because I felt Frankfurt airport being in the center of Germany equals the fact that flights are cheaper there.

Turns out that that isn't true. I got to realize this after I had booked my flight ticket from Frankfurt which I required me to book bus ticket that gets me there.

Well, I learnt my lesson really hard as I had to leave home early and arrive the airport at 12am for a flight of 7am.

The 6 hours waiting time was hectic as I couldn't sleep. I was just restless all through.

The time for checking in came and it was a breeze as I had just one traveling box and hand luggage.

While waiting to board, announcements were made that the flight was fully booked and there is an option of checking in hand luggage.

Me I sha didn't answer and thank God I did not. It wa just as though I had a premonition that something was going to happen.

Following

2 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by chimax1(m): 11:32pm On Mar 25, 2019
Bracket please Update the House more on Job opportunities in DE cos the truth is that this is the more reason for Migration...to make better Money.
What Type of Jobs are available?
How much do they pay?
What are the times one can do These Jobs, are they flexible for students?
How much can students earn doing These Jobs?
Relation of language and programming proficiency to jobs.i know its personal but lets share from ur experiènces. How much u earn, where u Work etc
Please everything u can about jobs. Biko. Let new comers be better informed. Cheers

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by klexycole(m): 12:59am On Mar 26, 2019
Braket:

People do read your posts. I personally check and refresh this thread daily to see if there's any update.

Keep up the good work! smiley

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Lhimeet(m): 1:58am On Mar 26, 2019
Braket:
How you came to this conclusion that people don't read your post is alarming?

6 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Pecky2222: 7:51am On Mar 26, 2019
Braket:

Ah ah..how did u come to dat conclusion.. Abeg people read ur posts.. I personally refresh this page daily looking for updates..i have even started blowing ur horn far and wide.. Pls don't stop writing on ur experiences...

1 Like

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by ItzChinnex(m): 8:30am On Mar 26, 2019
NNAMDIII:
Following...... It's time to focus more on travelling and business section

I'll stop visiting romance section because i'm not gaining anything there!

I Don dump romance section since Buhari win election.

4 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Sss2: 9:00am On Mar 26, 2019
Braket:

We are reading o

1 Like

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 10:52am On Mar 26, 2019
chimax1:
Bracket please Update the House more on Job opportunities in DE cos the truth is that this is the more reason for Migration...to make better Money.
What Type of Jobs are available?
How much do they pay?
What are the times one can do These Jobs, are they flexible for students?
How much can students earn doing These Jobs?
Relation of language and programming proficiency to jobs.i know its personal but lets share from ur experiènces. How much u earn, where u Work etc
Please everything u can about jobs. Biko. Let new comers be better informed. Cheers
I think I have been doing this if I am not mistaken.

Types of jobs available 70% of the jobs available are menial jobs and most times, they aren't flexible.
Most employers prefer someone that works full time i.e 8 hours per day.

These jobs aren't flexible to run with studies. My sim card is currently switched off because I am avoiding a job agent that has prepared a one month full-time contract.
Don't get me wrong, I need this job, but I cannot afford to leave studies just that long when the semester has just begun.

That doesn't mean there aren't jobs that are easy to run with studies, but the truth is, not everyone gets them. Your language proficiency and location has a lot to do with this.

In short, there are readily available menial jobs that you can knock yourself out with, but you need the basic German knowledge, else they wouldn't be interested in taking you. These days, I start conversations in German with job agents and just say Ja, ja ja till the end.

Job agents pay €9.49 per hour and about 15%(I am not sure) is deducted as tax. So how much you earn depends on the hours you have worked.

Getting a direct contract pays from €9 - infinity. But averagely it's often €12.50.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 10:55am On Mar 26, 2019
Sss2:

We are reading o
ItzChinnex:

I Don dump romance section since Buhari win election.
Pecky2222:

Ah ah..how did u come to dat conclusion.. Abeg people read ur posts.. I personally refresh this page daily looking for updates..i have even started blowing ur horn far and wide.. Pls don't stop writing on ur experiences...
Lhimeet:

How you came to this conclusion that people don't read your post is alarming?
klexycole:

People do read your posts. I personally check and refresh this thread daily to see if there's any update.

Keep up the good work! smiley
Mizwisdom:

Following
BikeMan:
how did you come to that conclusion
janettee:

We are oo smiley..
daamazing:
we are

Okay. Good to know Y'all reading.

5 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Dammilekan(m): 10:57am On Mar 26, 2019
Braket:

Okay. Good to know Y'all reading.
This post must reach 200 pages
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 11:08am On Mar 26, 2019
Dammilekan:
This post must reach 200 pages
Hell oh Hell.
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by BikeMan: 4:42pm On Mar 26, 2019
Braket:

Hell oh Hell.
That settled, I wrote my exams and packaged my bags to voyage 20 years into the past.

You didn't really tell us about this voyage
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Jayskit: 3:02pm On Mar 27, 2019
Hello Braket,I have lot of question and I would appreciate if you would answer them.

Firstly your block fund is it going to be accessible to you are the money is for your institution?

Secondly like how much in Nigerian currency should a person who wishes to study in Germany have?

Lastly any advice for us that there is no really sponsor or our parents are not that rich.Thanks
For Bsc if possible and Msc
I enjoyed your eloquent explanations
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by badmus306(m): 5:59pm On Mar 27, 2019
Braket:
Na every day I dey refresh d thread, don't stop bro.
Dankeschön

1 Like

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Hadampson(m): 7:45pm On Mar 27, 2019
Jayskit:
Hello Braket,I have lot of question and I would appreciate if you would answer them.

Firstly your block fund is it going to be accessible to you are the money is for your institution?

Secondly like how much in Nigerian currency should a person who wishes to study in Germany have?

Lastly any advice for us that there is no really sponsor or our parents are not that rich.Thanks

Kindly direct your questions to the right thread. Thanks

Braket keep it coming... We are already salivating o cheesy
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Sss2: 11:29pm On Mar 27, 2019
Hadampson:

Kindly direct your questions to the right thread. Thanks

Braket keep it coming... We are already salivating o cheesy

Some of the questions still part of this thread I guess, especially the last question.
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Sss2: 11:44pm On Mar 27, 2019
Jayskit:

Permit me to answer the first and second question.

First question:
The blocked fund is for you to receive monthly stipend for accommodation and up keeping throughout the first year.

Second question:
Forex is not a static something. It fluctuate, so the amount paid by Mr A maybe different from Mr B.

Hope I'm right. My oga can add to it.

About the third question waiting to hear from Braket
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Jayskit: 2:14am On Mar 28, 2019
Sss2:

Permit me to answer the first and second question.

First question:
The blocked fund is for you to receive monthly stipend for accommodation and up keeping throughout the first year.

Second question:
Forex is not a static something. It fluctuate, so the amount paid by Mr A maybe different from Mr B.

Hope I'm right. My oga can add to it.

About the third question waiting to hear from Braket

Thanks a lot Sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Reply)

Aerial Photos Of Ogbaru, Onitsha From Second Niger Bridge Site / Air Peace Crew To Dubai Wear ‘Isi Agu’ Suit And Red Cap / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.