Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,962 members, 7,956,613 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:13 PM

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany (81073 Views)

Adventures Of Lionlee216 / Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 8:27pm On Jul 24, 2019
austino677:
Hot than lagos?
Dey there. It's soo hot that breeze no gree blow
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by austino677(m): 8:39pm On Jul 24, 2019
Braket:

nawaooo... make we swap location?
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Ugoerico(m): 7:57am On Jul 25, 2019
heeedreeez:
Ja....I am trying to connect with you . I dm you....Please kindly reply your message

are you sure it's neccesary?
Well, I will reply
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by SpongeBobSP: 7:00pm On Jul 25, 2019
Braket:

hallo, nice thread you got here.
So I have a fee questions.
1, what's the regular schedule like, say for a masters student , how many hours a day does knew expect to be in school for classes or field work. form what time to what time on average, I know it varies
from school to school but I just want a guesstimate.

2. when working and schooling, how do you manage the time and can you decide how many hours you work each day to accumulate the maximum 20hrs allowed per week, for Instance, 3hrs on Monday, 2 on Tues, 3hrs on Wed. etc.

3 . and for housing, is it advisable to go for the student hostel or go private? , heard there are government houses in some places. that are really cheap and the plus side is you get live around regular people and not just students

sorry for my many questions, smiley
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 6:44am On Jul 26, 2019
SpongeBobSP:

hallo, nice thread you got here.
So I have a fee questions.
1, what's the regular schedule like, say for a masters student , how many hours a day does knew expect to be in school for classes or field work. form what time to what time on average, I know it varies
from school to school but I just want a guesstimate.

2. when working and schooling, how do you manage the time and can you decide how many hours you work each day to accumulate the maximum 20hrs allowed per week, for Instance, 3hrs on Monday, 2 on Tues, 3hrs on Wed. etc.

3 . and for housing, is it advisable to go for the student hostel or go private? , heard there are government houses in some places. that are really cheap and the plus side is you get live around regular people and not just students

sorry for my many questions, smiley
For a master's student, you go to school twice or three times in a week.

2&3 It's quite easy of you study and work in the same city, but not all jobs are flexible and you don't really get to choose how many hours you want to work except it's a part time job.

Where I work now, it's quite flexible that I can choose which day to work. During the semester I have to work 10 times in a month to complete my 80 hours limit.
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 6:44am On Jul 26, 2019
On my way to Düsseldorf now.
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by uptimum123(m): 7:51am On Jul 26, 2019
Still waiting for pictures

Braket:
On my way to Düsseldorf now.
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by eldest(m): 8:06am On Jul 26, 2019
Keep it up Bracket

Following
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by SpongeBobSP: 8:26pm On Jul 26, 2019
Braket:

For a master's student, you go to school twice or three times in a week.

2&3 It's quite easy of you study and work in the same city, but not all jobs are flexible and you don't really get to choose how many hours you want to work except it's a part time job.

Where I work now, it's quite flexible that I can choose which day to work. During the semester I have to work 10 times in a month to complete my 80 hours limit.

alright thanks bro,
it's clear now what one needs to look out for. you are really lucky with that job you got, 10days a month? that's flexible.
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 8:34pm On Jul 26, 2019
Pictures are too large 6mb each

6 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 8:35pm On Jul 26, 2019

6 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by NNAMDIII(m): 11:46pm On Aug 23, 2019
SammieLowkey:
Congrats to all who made it. Savor this victory, you fought for it, you deserve it.

Cc NNAMDIII
Thanks bro,I really appreciate sir

2 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by victor1207: 7:54am On Aug 27, 2019
I was experiencing hell a lot of discomfort whenever I sit on my old uncomfortable office chair. After that I had to look for the best alternative of it so that I can cure my back pain and neck pain problem. I did research myself and chosen the right chair for me.
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Whitemagic: 7:05pm On Sep 07, 2019
Braket:
So I got a one day strictly English job contract. Details to follow when I am done. Make I make quick money first grin grin
How do you search for these jobs?
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Whitemagic: 7:09pm On Sep 07, 2019
Braket:
Around Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences
My schule!!! grin
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Ugosample(m): 10:10am On Sep 09, 2019
KendrickAyomide:
una lazy finish including braket, i shame for una. i work 12 hours morning and Night shift 7-7 at Guiness Benin city factory for less than a 100 dollar pay.. most of the time we stand. wtf

You don't mean it tongue shocked
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by KendrickAyomide: 10:22am On Sep 09, 2019
Ugosample:

You don't mean it tongue shocked
that's past tense now.
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Ugosample(m): 11:01am On Sep 09, 2019
KendrickAyomide:
that's past tense now.
it better be o
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by shalomide: 3:36pm On Sep 24, 2019
Bracket, where have you been? We have not got any update from you for some time. Hope all is well with you
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by XploreLife(m): 5:30am On Oct 05, 2019
Great thread. Op don't loose zeal. Keep going and don't leave us behind.
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Mahnuel: 1:03pm On Oct 30, 2019
Nice trend
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by jfak7670: 4:49am On Jan 09, 2020
MaryTD:
Few month ago I have back pain and my chair was normal and have problem on seat that cause back pain. I changed my chair and use good recliner chair, Now I am fine.
I've always wanted to buy a recliner to maintain my posture and my health in general. So I searched for the information about the recliners for my bad back and came across this guide https://pickadvisor.org/best-recliners-for-back-pain/ I found it quite useful and informative and maybe some of you would too. It's convenient due to it's pros and cons option and the detailed product review in general.
I chose this model https://www.amazon.com/Svago-Zero-Gravity-Recliner-Leather/dp/B00K7DZP0A/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Svago+Zero+Gravity+Recliner+-+Ivory+Butter+Touch+Bonded+Leather&qid=1578541487&sr=8-1 It's a great investment into my health and well being. Very pleased with this chair. Great comfort and quality!
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by segzysexy(m): 12:05pm On Jan 13, 2020
Following.
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Spanishmilf(m): 8:32pm On Jan 19, 2020
Braket:

Man update us like a lot
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by davidlaison: 3:30pm On Mar 27, 2020
Few days back, I have extreme back pain and my chair causing a lot pain in my back and buttock . I modified my chair and use Good Reclining Office Chairs With Footrest[https://chairslab.com/best-reclining-office-chairs-with-footrest] , Now I am feeling more comfortable.
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Spanishmilf(m): 1:50pm On Mar 29, 2020
Braket:
It is with great joy that I start this thread to serve as a diary for the experiences and adventures I will be experiencing in Germany.

I will like to give back to this great forum through this thread, because I got all the information and connections that facilitated the success of moving to Germany for studies.

I have been an ardent reader of the travel thread here on Nairaland and it is with so much joy that I now have the opportunity of opening a diary branch representing Deutschland peeps. All the adventure customers are all welcomed no need to mention names.

Few things about myself (I have decided to be anonymous as much as possible for obvious reasons)

I am a young scholar going to Germany to further my education.
I got my class D visa approved of recent and I am making plans towards my forthcoming travel, though I haven't entered full gear. I am a village champion(lol) that hasn't traveled out of Nigeria on a plane before (Don't blame me, blame Buhari lol grin)
The decision to travel out of Nigeria wasn't an easy one, because it feels as if I will be start my live all over from the scratch. But the only consolation price is that, I it will be worth it after all because even people working professionally in multinationals are dropping their resignation letters just to settle abroad (Thanks to NL for giving me the platform to know this).
That is all about me for now, I will update the house about it as time goes on.

I will like to also use this opportunity to call on veterans that have lived or still living in Deutschland should please kindly give advises that can ease my settling down in Germany.

Thank you all for your time.

UPdate
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by IchBinBrait(m): 11:11pm On Apr 26, 2020
Where is Braket..??

Dude must have forgotten his log in details. I hope all is well with him.
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by BelieverDE: 6:27pm On Apr 30, 2020
IchBinBrait:
Where is Braket..??

Dude must have forgotten his log in details. I hope all is well with him.

I really hope he is fine too!

Albeit, he hasn't forgotten his login details.
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by IchBinBrait(m): 9:10pm On May 13, 2020
BelieverDE:

I really hope he is fine too!

Albeit, he hasn't forgotten his login details.

Alright...
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Richdee1(m): 12:29am On Jun 04, 2020
So this thread died so early
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by IchBinBrait(m): 12:41am On Jun 10, 2020
Richdee1:
So this thread died so early

Too bad.. The Op did not try at all oo

Even during the pandemic, he didn't post anything.
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Elektra008(f): 5:26pm On Jul 11, 2020
IchBinBrait:

Too bad.. The Op did not try at all oo

Even during the pandemic, he didn't post anything.

I doubt the op is still in Germany. He is now active on the living in the UK thread so I guess he lives in UK now

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities / Nigerians Confront South Africans With Guns In Pretoria - Facebook User / Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.