Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd - Pets (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd (147139 Views)

Diary Of Boomer The Boerboel / Bella And Sparo The Boerboel / My Boerboel And Neapolitan Mastiff All Grown And Sexy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 15, 2018
vincentjk:

What a great story you got to tell about simba and it's really an interesting one

I know you would've written him a diary if things like social media, smartphone... We're advanced during his time like our time. He looks like a miniature chow chow to me ( I call them puffy lion) lol

You really had a wonderful pet truly shocked

Thanks...and yes I so did.
Ooh, I miss that little "man"...
Yes.. Pom's do favor the Chow's....perhaps there's an ancestral link somewhere....
Simba was nothing but a fur ball....When we'd get his hair cut down...he didn't even look the same!
Anyone can see the love and care you have for your "boys"... (and best of all "they" know it).
That's why I felt compelled to mention you....and encourage you to continue doing what you are doing for them...
Dog lovers get it.....
Thank you for allowing me a chance to honor him....cause I've never done that on a public forum before.

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 9:55pm On Apr 16, 2018
emmayayodeji:

Funny enough I own a boerboel and a German shepherd
But their girls...

Brandy the boerboel is the patient one.

While MJ the GSD is the not so patient one lol.
Training her has almost been impossible...

I thought GSDs were the smartest dogs lol

Here's a funny picture of them playing
They're both 2years old +

Lol training isn't always as easy as it seems to be o though you've nice pets just that the picture looks kinda blurry

Taking pictures of dogs is a very difficult thing to do but maybe you should try and take a better pic of them together, I know it'll be cute

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 10:00pm On Apr 16, 2018
Mobilia:

Thanks...and yes I so did.
Ooh, I miss that little "man"...
Yes.. Pom's do favor the Chow's....perhaps there's an ancestral link somewhere....
Simba was nothing but a fur ball....When we'd get his hair cut down...he didn't even look the same!
Anyone can see the love and care you have for your "boys"... (and best of all "they" know it).
That's why I felt compelled to mention you....and encourage you to continue doing what you are doing for them...
Dog lovers get it.....
Thank you for allowing me a chance to honor him....cause I've never done that on a public forum before.

Wow you'll keep on missing him because one forgetting a pet he/she ever had is sometimes impossible.
Thanks for the compliments you're really a dog lover

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 10:14pm On Apr 16, 2018
**Happy Sunday from Murphy and Gustaf**

Sunday is a free day so i spend more time with my boys than any other day. To me taking pictures of these dogs is a hubby so i do that any time i get their attention/feel like snapping them.

They always follow me to anywhere i go to lol, to them they're following their master and i even love it wink

Most Sundays i turn down calls from friends to hang out because i enjoy the company Murphy and Gustaf gives me than that of my friends

8 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by durubrian(m): 2:57pm On Apr 17, 2018
johnnyn1:
Pls guys help confirm if this breed is Pure Breed?

it obvious isn't... but it deserves to be loved.

4 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by lolipopandy(f): 8:23pm On Apr 25, 2018
No update yet Plz leave Mr pure breed and come update us on ur boys

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 1:54pm On Apr 26, 2018
lolipopandy:
No update yet Plz leave Mr pure breed and come update us on ur boys

Outta new pix lately

Throwback pic of Murphy and i

How do we look??

5 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by lolipopandy(f): 7:10pm On Apr 26, 2018
vincentjk:

Outta new pix lately

How do we look??
looking cute
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Mckandre(m): 7:17pm On Apr 26, 2018
vincentjk:

Outta new pix lately

How do we look??
hm, very ugly angry
which one is Murphy?

2 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 9:48pm On Apr 26, 2018
Mckandre:
hm, very ugly angry
which one is Murphy?

Lol... The Bb

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 9:53pm On Apr 26, 2018
lolipopandy:
looking cute

Thanks...

I'll update soon, though there's a little problem

Gustavo didn't eat well today and kinda weak, just hope it's not what I'm thinking o
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by lolipopandy(f): 9:59pm On Apr 26, 2018
vincentjk:

Thanks...

I'll update soon, though there's a little problem

Gustavo didn't eat well today and kinda weak, just hope it's not what I'm thinking o
what r u suspecting it to be
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 10:10pm On Apr 26, 2018
lolipopandy:
what r u suspecting it to be

1st, I've not given gustaf anti-rabbis vaccine so I've no idea if that could cause him harm

Secondly he's begining to shed again and I'm very sad about it, he'd she'd and she'd till his fine coat turns to grey angry
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by lolipopandy(f): 10:19pm On Apr 26, 2018
vincentjk:

1st, I've not given gustaf anti-rabbis vaccine so I've no idea if that could cause him harm

Secondly he's begining to shed again and I'm very sad about it, he'd she'd and she'd till his fine coat turns to grey angry
why not take him to a vet

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 4:26am On Apr 27, 2018
lolipopandy:
why not take him to a vet

I'll do that but I've to conclude he's ill before calling the vet

As of the change in appetite and and body, I'll monitor everything then if it's that serious by tomorrow or next I'll call in my vet
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Mckandre(m): 10:48am On Apr 27, 2018
vincentjk:

Lol... The Bb
oowk, i think say Murphy na the one wey wear cap sef grin wink
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 12:23pm On Apr 27, 2018
Mckandre:
oowk, i think say Murphy na the one wey wear cap sef grin wink

Lol

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by xenastar(f): 11:39am On Apr 29, 2018
Keep feeding your dogs raw meat o. They will eat you soon

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by durubrian(m): 12:19pm On Apr 29, 2018
xenastar:

LoL... feeding dogs with raw meat won't make them 'wild' or eat you... raw meat and bones makes them healthier

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 2:23pm On Apr 29, 2018
Yesterday murphy had serious running stomach, so bad that he couldn't stand normal or walk around the compound as usual

For a moment i thought of giving him deworm tabs or getting some medication from the vet but today when i returned from church, he was up again and playing with Gustaf his partner and the other dog(kimbo)

Gustaf on the other hand seems to be getting lean again lately, maybe it's because I've been kinda busy these days so they didn't get enough care they've been getting from me, just don't know watup

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 2:26pm On Apr 29, 2018
xenastar:

Lol, That's what we Africans believe sometimes but it doesn't work that way.
Raw feeding is very nice for dogs

2 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 29, 2018
vincentjk:
Yesterday murphy had serious running stomach, so bad that he couldn't stand normal or walk around the compound as usual

For a moment i thought of giving him deworm tabs or getting some medication from the vet but today when i returned from church, he was up again and playing with Gustaf his partner and the other dog(kimbo)

Gustaf on the other hand seems to be getting lean again lately, maybe it's because I've been kinda busy these days so they didn't get enough care they've been getting from me, just don't know watup

Yikes...might've been something that they ate (food or an object that isn't food) perhaps?
Cause food poisoning is no joke...I tell you.
You may need to monitor them a little more closely though to see what may be different.
You don't want your boys sick....
They're gonna be alright....just try and give the usual care to them when you can...
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Freciprocal: 11:51pm On Apr 29, 2018
vincentjk:

Lol, That's what we Africans believe sometimes but it doesn't work that way.
Raw feeding is very nice for dogs

Most times you actually have the answers to ur questions.

Feeding dogs raw meat is not advisable... make sure you boil them no matter how tired you may be.

https://gizmodo.com/stop-feeding-your-pets-raw-meat-1822036766

I remember why humans are adviced not to eat raw meat (cos of worms... especially tapeworms)

Nice job you are doing with Murphy and Gustaf smiley

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 3:46pm On Apr 30, 2018
Mobilia:

Yikes...might've been something that they ate (food or an object that isn't food) perhaps?
Cause food poisoning is no joke...I tell you.
You may need to monitor them a little more closely though to see what may be different.
You don't want your boys sick....
They're gonna be alright....just try and give the usual care to them when you can...

You maybe right because the stool was kinda watery showing that the running stomach was so bad

I really have to give them more time... Thanks

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 3:48pm On Apr 30, 2018
Freciprocal:

Most times you actually have the answers to ur questions.

Feeding dogs raw meat is not advisable... make sure you boil them no matter how tired you may be.

https://gizmodo.com/stop-feeding-your-pets-raw-meat-1822036766

I remember why humans are adviced not to eat raw meat (cos of worms... especially tapeworms)

Nice job you are doing with Murphy and Gustaf smiley

Thanks for the piece of information, I'll act fast on it

But you should know that there are benefits of feeding raw too
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Freciprocal: 4:43pm On Apr 30, 2018
vincentjk:

Thanks for the piece of information, I'll act fast on it

But you should know that there are benefits of feeding raw too

The bolded is true if we redefine "RAW"
Oyibo raw meat has been treated and contains additives....

https://m.petmd.com/dog/nutrition/5-mistakes-people-make-when-feeding-pets-raw-food-diet

Oyibo's raw meat or Fish is not same as ours. Abeg even if na to "parboil" just make sure all raw meat u are giving Gustav and Murphy passes thru heat.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 10:26am On May 01, 2018
I made some research to realize the danger about feeding raw without properly treating the meat so I'm having a change of mind already

Bought some meat for the boys this morning and I'm currently boiling them

Thanks for the advice boss i appreciate

16 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by durubrian(m): 5:15pm On May 01, 2018
vincentjk:
I made some research to realize the danger about feeding raw without properly treating the meat so I'm having a change of mind already

Bought some meat for the boys this morning and I'm currently boiling them

Thanks for the advice boss i appreciate

you don't know how dangerous it is to give them cooked bones.

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 10:45am On May 02, 2018
durubrian:

you don't know how dangerous it is to give them cooked bones.
I do
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 10:52am On May 02, 2018
Obedience training is one of the most difficult yet necessary thing to teach a dog because they'd learn, respect and listen to commands without much stress

Murphy and Gustaf during a training session this morning

I also let them know their place and role to play, Murphy is the alpha male, gustaf is the baby boy while I'm the pack leader lol cheesy

19 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by emmayayodeji(m): 11:35am On May 02, 2018
vincentjk:
Obedience training is one of the most difficult yet necessary thing to teach a dog because they'd learn, respect and listen to commands without much stress

Murphy and Gustaf during a training session this morning

I also let them know their place and role to play, Murphy is the alpha male, gustaf is the baby boy while I'm the pack leader lol cheesy

Training a dog can be Really difficult
Consistency is also important

It's worth the stress tho
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 2:21pm On May 02, 2018
emmayayodeji:

Training a dog can be Really difficult
Consistency is also important

It's worth the stress tho

Yes, the most difficult part is the ability to assemble the dogs and then take pictures

So difficult but only pet owners will understand though

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (50) (Reply)

How To Make Your Dog More Aggressive / Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.