Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Crushed - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Crushed (16882 Views)

CRUSHED >>> A JKD STORY / CRUSHED (chapter Two) / Crushed!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crushed by donsimoniiblog: 11:30am On Jun 13, 2018
chapter 37

First the colours, then the people. That's how I see things. Or at least, how I try to.
The rays of light coming from the sun seemed to disrupt my vision as I let my eyes steady itself around the room. My head pounded like drums as a result of over thinking from last night. I find no peace in my sleep as long as this issue is still unsolved. Thank heavens Push got him. All I have to do is get the truth behind this mess even if it means torturing him till he begs for mercy.
After fifteen minutes of planning things ahead, I finally got off bed to shower and get ready for the day.
" Don't leave the house alone babe" I instructed for the forth time while eating breakfast with Gabby as the kids were still fast asleep, Quinn and Edwin, let's just say...they're better indoors.
"I got it! Jesus..you're gonna deafen me with it already" she crooned as she chewed on her toast with legs crossed and attention all drawn to the program that played on the television.
"Okay. Oh and I might be a little late today, but I'll always call you" I walked over to plant a kiss on her forehead before leaving.
"Okay. Stay safe! I love you!" She yelled in reply.
\\
The streets of the city yearned for more light, generosity and care. It seems that probably civilization has done 67% harm than good. I remember as a kid, my parents never gave me the opportunity to go wherever I insisted whenever I wanted. Those days, culture and discipline was still intact, unlike now. Silly ass world.
I kept my gaze on the road but paid attention to everything I saw. This is a part of my morning routine.
Observation.
Lots of cruel things happening and no one seems to give a Bleep. I don't even know why I had to buy my way into the company. Lord knows, working in the FBI agency would've been better. Considering the fact that, I'm good with weapons.
"Good morning, Sir" Rosie interrupted my thoughts as I headed for my office.
"Morning Rosie, how do you do?" I replied.
"Perfect. Uh Sir.. A file came in for you" she said, handing a brown envelope to me.
"Quite thick.. Who dropped it off?" I inquired as I placed it in my brief case.
"Honestly sir, I asked for the man's name but he just hastened away. I would have ran but gee... That might have gone awkward." She laughed nervously.
"Okay. Thank you" I turned to leave but she called me back.
"Yes?"
"The board meeting we were supposed to have. It's in fifteen minutes" she smiled.
I don't know what's her deal but ever since Gabby quit working here, she has taken the job of my secretary, my engineer, my clerk and even hers too. All just to get my attention.
Such a funny lady if you ask me. I love my Baby and she is immeasurable.
I smiled at my thoughts and finally responded. "Yes. Thank you"
After the board meeting, I informed my secretary that I would be gone till tomorrow and all appointments should be rescheduled.
I got back to my office to find that file still laying on my desk. I decided to satisfy my curiosity.
Indeed, it was thick like it was stuffed with cash.
I felt all jolly inside me but when I opened it up, my bubbles were busted in seconds.
"CAREFUL HOW DEEP YOU BITE."
Those were the only words written in multiple papers that made the file seem thick! I couldn't believe the joke. My stupid self thought it was money. Whoever did this is either childish or a psychotic being! That's it. I'm digging the truth out Travis now. It's pointless wasting time.
I searched my drawer for a key but was interrupted when my phone rang.
"Babe!!" Gabby voiced out.
"My life, how are you?" I asked still searching for that very key.
"Shitty as hell" she muttered.
I laughed as it seemed to be true."Truth be told. That's my life in a sentence"
"I was waiting for your call you goat! Edwin locked us in and Quinn has been keeping me company but we're both bored to death. My brothers won't stop running round the place. I'm going crazy babe!" She nagged.
"I'm so sorry love and don't you worry, when I get back, I'll ease you up. Just try to hang on. Okay?" I assured.
"Ease me...how" I could tell by now she was smirking her way to heaven already.
"You're such a dirty minded troll!" I cursed and felt relieved when I finally found the key.
"Fine yeah. I concur. This troll will call you back later. She has got other trolly things to do. I love you" she reminded.
"I adore you"
"Oh..you.. Bye!" She dropped the call.
I looked for Push's contact and dialed.
"Yeah, it's me" I said.
"Want him now?" He asked.
"Eh.. I couldn't wait. I'll stop at Tommy Hilfiger's boutique to get something. My car boot will be left open. Before I get out, I want him kept there. Try not to get caught. See you later" I instructed.
"Alright man. Good luck" he cut the dial.
Something tells me this is going to be fun.
I let out a chuckle as I drove away. This is one thing I miss about my past. Kicking butts! But there are consequences. Hell, there is always a consequence to every action.
I just pray this one doesn't turn against me.
†††
While I purchased suits in the boutique , I had my eyes set on my car for Push's men to show up. And when they did, I waited for them to go so I could get back in the car and drive us to The torture room.
The torture room isn't in my house of course. When I moved in here, I still had that gangsta spirit in me for a while, so I bought an abandoned house where I could do justice to the bad people. I equipped the place with ammunition and health equipments. You never know who would be after you or what may befall months to come. Past enemies. Unsettled business deals, whatever...so it's better to save for the rainy day.
I never thought I would make use of the house until recently when things started to turn the way they are now.
Once we arrived at the house, I opened the boot up to see Travis all passed out.
"Oh come on, I haven't even started yet" I slurred under my breath as I searched my car for a bottled water.
I drank a little from it before I poured it all on his face and slapped his cheek to bring him back to reality.
"Hello, I'm Luke. Not so pleased to meet you"

for next chapter click https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/CRUSHED
Re: Crushed by donsimoniiblog: 7:31am On Jun 15, 2018
Chapter 38 part 1

The powerful seven letter word.
Silence.
It wasn't only powerful, it was also dangerous because you wouldn't be able to detect what might happen the next minute. Even the fall of a pin could make your heart skip a beat.
Your mind would be in so many wild places as you're left wondering what's about to go down.
"Dude do you go dumb after saying a sentence or was that the only thing you learnt as a kid?" Travis asked.
Quite amusing of him to make a joke out of all this, if you ask me.
"Yo! I'm taking to you!" He yelled further.
I kept my gaze fixed on him. Studying his every action. I could tell his adrenaline level was high as he fought to cover up his fear. His hands were rough and shaky from the belt that was tired across the chair he sat.
"What the hell do you want from me!!" He tautened.
I smirked "Your cooperation".
"Oh so you speak English?" He acknowledged.
I threw a knife at the wooden door behind him causing him to glare st me. Lord knows I'm trying my best to hold in anger.
"Now, Do you know Gabrielle Salvador?"
"No. You got the wrong guy, bro" he answered immediately.
I smirked as I lifted a paring knife from the a box and walked over to him.
"See this here? It's was one of the tools used to flay. In order words, remove the skin from the face or body of a person. It was practiced all over the world. But China was the only country fund of it. I'm just going to carefully slice into your dermis, removing the skin of your face in one piece if you try to play smart with me. I'll make the devil anticipate your arrival in hell if you dare lie to me. Got it?"
He nodded in bewilderment.
"Good. For the last time. Do you know Gabrielle Salvador?" I asked him while I took my suit off and folded my sleeves.
There was no answer just the sound of a heart in trouble all over the room.
"Fine then." I muttered as I slowly dug the knife into the skin of his arm, slicing every piece out.
He groaned in pain but that didn't mean two bleeps to me, if he won't do it the easy way, I'd love the hard way.
"Wait! Wait! Yes! I know her! Just wait!" He hyperventilated and I stopped.
"Look at the mess you made me do." I shook my head in pity.
"Have you been stalking her?"
"Yes but not always..Someone else does too" he explained.
"Who?" I asked quite interested in the story.
"Bro, I don't know.." His mouth snapped shut.
I picked up the knife to continue but the next thing he said made me want to slam his face on the door frame.
"How would I know?"
"You have no idea how much trouble you're in, you dumb slug" I sang as I gave him non-deadly cuts on his limbs and torso.
"I don't know shit nigga!!" He cried.
"Who sent you to do all these?" I ran pictures of him following gabby all over the place, including when he saw her at the Cafe and when he and some other men gained access to her house.
"Because I know buddy, a normal human won't do this for just cause. So who are you working for?" I inquired.
"Quite smart Luke"
"You see, I have always wanted to hurt Gabby. I just didn't know how" he laughed.
"Oh Travis..." I ran multiple cuts all over his body and watched him groan in pain as his blood dropped on the wooden floor.
"You think I'm gonna tell you who I'm working for? Go to hell bitch! Even if I'm gone, you and Gabby will still end up dead! You will watch her die and you will never forgive yourself! She's a goner! A walking corpse " His chest vibrated as he let out his last laugh.

New chapter available https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/CRUSHED?
Check other stories using the link below http://www.donsimonii.com/p/story.html?

Mynd44, lalasticlala
Re: Crushed by donsimoniiblog: 8:43am On Jun 16, 2018
"You've run out of time here, tell the devil I said hi." I said as I took a pistol and ran a clean shot over his forehead.
Bloody fool.
"You should have cooperated" I muttered beneath my breathe as I untied his body and dragged it to the backyard.
(/playing human by Rag n' bones/)
The feeling of the hand sanitizer seemed to calm my spirit down in a way I couldn't understand. Slowly, my past was beginning to catch up with me. Even if I die keeping Gaby safe at least I die a satisfied man.
I cleaned up the mess and disposed my bloody clothes to put on the one I got from the boutique. One last look at the place and at Travis grave, I got in the car and drove off.
Gabrielle's PROV:
It's been hours since I called Luke yet he hasn't returned mine. I called Milton to ask if he's at work but he told me he left since afternoon. I don't wanna believe what my head's saying to me.
Its past 9 and he's still not home. I'm going crazy! What if he's been kidnapped or worse killed. He told me not to go anywhere alone but he's out there! Not even at work!!
"Babycakes... You need to calm down" Quinn suggested.
"Calm down? No I don't think that's helping. Quinn, he hasn't called. He's not at work. He's out late. What do you mean calm down?" I blurted real angry at the fact that she thinks I'm overreaching.
"I know but.."
"You know what? I'm taking a walk. Who knows? I may find him dead on the streets!" I ran upstairs to change into something warm.
"Gabby! Calm the Bleep down and stop thinking he's dead" she yelled.
The streets were cold as hell but not lonely unlike where I lived. It was different here. Everyone was still out selling things in preparation for Christmas. But I just needed one thing now. My favourite on a cold night; meat bread and ice cream. Yeah on a cold night.
I smiled broadly as I sighted a shop were things like that could be sold.
"Hi.. Uhm do you guys have meat bread?" I asked politely at the red head cute guy that served.
"I'm so sorry Miss, but we've got chocolate cakes and they just got out the oven" he smiled with full assurance.
"Okay I'll have that and a cup of vanilla ice cream, thank you" I got myself a seat while I sat wondering why Luke hasn't called till now.
Stupid conceited goat!
"Gabby?" I heard a familiar voice and when I turned, there stood Anne in an Apron. God...she looks so adorable in red and yellow.
"What are you doing here?" She asked.
"Oh I don't know. They sell dogs here so I obviously came to get them" I blurted my thoughts out for the first time in my life!
"What?" She frowned.
"I'm sorry.. I just needed air" I explained lowering my eyes.
"Are you okay?" She asked offering us another seat.
"I don't know" I sniffed and before I knew it my eye fountain began to pour.
"Oh my gosh..talk to me. Don't cry..you'll ruin your mascara" she comforted.
"I've got none on me" I smiled still crying like a wimp.
"You're so pretty" she smiled.
"Oh shup up. We both know you're prettier" again, I said something useless.
"Thanks but what's wrong?" She insisted to know more.
"I haven't heart from Luke..he's not at work.. He's not back home" I felt another tear find it's way down my eyes as I explained further.
"You think he's cheating?" She asked in a more surprised pitch.
"No.." I sighed.
"I don't know"
"He's not" she said.
"I know...it's weird to say that but, we dated before.."
Yeah you didn't have to remind me.
" I'm sure he must've told you. And he's the loyal type. He's not a cheat believe me. Maybe he got called at something else that no one knows about" she offered me a bite from the cake.
"Maybe you're right. I should go now" I smiled.
"Wait, I'm almost done with my shift, I'll drop you off. Just eat while you wait" she hurried off without waiting for my opinion.
††
As promised, she dropped me off at Luke's. I was gonna lie about who's house it was but when she blurted out the truth, I just played along. She offered to take I, Quinn and my brothers to the zoo tomorrow afternoon since I was homesick already.
"Bye! See you tomorrow" I bid her and turned to open the door when I bumped into Luke.
"What the hell?!!! You almost gave me a heart attack!" I held my chest in relief.
"I thought I told you not to go out alone?"

New chapter available https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/CRUSHED?
Check other stories using the link below http://www.donsimonii.com/p/story.html?
Mynd44, lalasticlala
Re: Crushed by grammys: 12:55pm On Jun 16, 2018
nice, following
Re: Crushed by Parollawd(m): 10:13am On Jun 19, 2018
new episode tomorrow
Re: Crushed by izaray(f): 4:35pm On Jun 19, 2018
Thanks for updating
Re: Crushed by Parollawd(m): 3:05pm On Jun 20, 2018
izaray:
Thanks for updating

new update tomorrow...sorry for the delay
https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/CRUSHED?

1 Like

Re: Crushed by infonewsnigeria: 7:35am On Jun 21, 2018
chapter 39

"I needed air" I excused myself as I walked into the house ignoring his anger and possibly avoiding a fight.
"Air. The balcony is filled with that Gabby. You know what's out there and I told you not to go out alone but you taunted it...what if something bad happened to you?" He frowned.
"First off, I'm fine. Secondly, why the hell didn't you call me? Didn't you think I would be worried? I called the office Luke, you weren't there. Where the Bleep where you??" I asked, low key praying to God I hold my anger in.
"I had things to do" his expression closed up as I noticed he was obviously hiding something.
"Things like what?" I questioned further.
"Private things Gaby." He muttered.
"What do you mean private things? Am I not supposed to be told everything?!" I raged.
I don't understand why he's acting this way to me and I do not like it.
"Damn it Gaby!" He banged his hand on the door frame where he stood and suddenly, I could not recognize the man I talked with.
"They're personal. Obviously meaning you shouldn't know them. In other words, none of your business. Just one order...one single fucking order and you disobey it! Can't you see that I'm trying my best to save you? I'm trying to keep you safe! The least you can do is appreciate it and stop acting like a child!" He scolded.
I can't believe he just said I was acting like a child...can't seem to believe he indirectly called me ungrateful.
"I'm sorry..but maybe I don't need saving.." With that, I felt a flood of tears rage my eyes as I ran upstairs to our room.
Why is everything in my life going wrong now? Just why? I have never felt so degraded in my life!
Immediately I got in, I locked the door shut and threw the key across the room as I fell to my knees crying like a child I indeed acted as.
Everything I was holding in, I cried them out. Both the words I withheld and the ones I was going to say later to his fucking face, I let them out.
My heart ached as anger and sadness grew inside me. I hated this feeling.
"Gabby, please open the door" Luke said softly from the other end.
If he thinks I'm gonna open up, let alone answer him then he's the biggest joker of the year.
"I'm sorry" he voiced out.
Yeah, I wish I believed shit.
I ran my hands over my eyes as I angrily stood and walked into the shower.
//
After fifteen solid minutes of soaking in the bath tub to release the bad energies because I read somewhere online that it's a calming technique. I opened the shower door to find Luke sitting on the bed with his hands covering his face.
"I have a spare key to every room in the house" he stupidly said like I asked.
"Whatever" I tried my wet hair in a bun as I searched the wardrobe for something tight to sleep in.
"I'm sorry for the way I acted.... I"
"I said whatever. I don't wanna hear it. You're sorry? Got it. Good night" I cut him off.
Now I know the silly calming technique I got online doesn't work because I was mad as hell.
I'm glad he got the point and shut it mouth up.
†††
The chirp of birds and rays from the sun alerted me that it was a new day indeed. It felt like I had only closed my eyes for an hour even though I had the freedom to wake whenever I chose to. I won't lie, I couldn't sleep. The scenario kept replaying in my head making it hard to find peace. I didn't realize when I fell asleep though.
When I finally let my eyes wander, I couldn't find him in bed. In fact, it didn't look like he slept here.
*sigh*
Why should this man be so difficult?
As I lifted the blankets off my body, a note fell to the floor.
"I know I'm a jerk. Worse than that. Please come downstairs... "
Okay, maybe he's not so..difficult, but he's a jerk.
I ran the heater on as I groomed my brows and ran a fresh coat of black cortex on my fingernails and toes.
Too early to put on black? Nah.
Soon, I had my bath and straightened my perfectly dark hair..for once, I actually felt independent and pretty.
I sluggishly walked down the stairs with my nose and head held up like a queen.
The house was rather empty like rapture took place. My heart raced until I sighted Luke who sat on the sofa reading the morning papers.
What's he so focused for?
"Good morning" he greeted as our eyes met.
"Yeah" I answered awkwardly.
You know how when you fight with someone and the next day you feel guilty and want to apologize but you remember all they did the previous day then get a little uneasy? That's how I felt now.
Apart of me wanted to cuddle him till he dies and the other part wants to stuff that newspaper in his mouth till he gives up. Oh wait, they both have one end result.. Death.
"I made you breakfast" he announced dropping the papers.
"I'm not hungry" I lied.
I was starving! I had little to eat last night. I was too busy crying that I missed my sleep patterns too.
"Where are my brothers? And Quinn?" I asked.
"Oh Quinn and Edwin took them for skating" he answered innocently.
Pffft sinful goat. Is he really gonna act like we're okay?
"What did you need me downstairs for?" I hardened my expression.
"Babe I'm so sorry for the way I acted last night" he started.
"Oh so now I'm 'babe' again? I thought it was
damn it Gabby! " I mocked.
He sighed" I was tensed up. I found Travis and got him to talk. He said stuffs that made me mad. And when I came home to find you gone, I was torn Gabby. I was so scared that they might have taken you away. I couldn't think straight. My battery has been dead and I couldn't reach you. I should be the man to love you and cherish you. Not the kind to order you around against your will".
Oh shit, now I feel twice as guilty.
"You should have told me instead of yelling" I tried to bury my guilt but I'm not so sure it was working.
"I'm sorry. I promise never to do that. I couldn't sleep with the thought that I acted like a monster to you. Baby I'm a mess" he dug his hair into my laps as he held my waist.
"No I'm the bigger mess for not letting you explain. I don't like it when we fight" I kissed his hair.
"Me neither baby girl.. Its never happening again" he assured.
"Thank you"
"Now can we eat? I know you and I can tell when you're lying" he laughed as he poker my nose.
"What? Me? I wasn't lying... I just wasn't hungry then" I yelped as he swept me off my feet, kissing and carrying me to the dining.

source: https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/CRUSHED?
Re: Crushed by izaray(f): 10:41am On Jun 21, 2018
Parollawd:

new update tomorrow...sorry for the delay
https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/CRUSHED?
Goodmorning, Have checked ur blog, i need chapter 44,45 to the last chapter of the story please
Re: Crushed by skubido(m): 3:28pm On Jul 10, 2018
OP whr are u
Re: Crushed by donsimoniiblog: 1:37pm On Aug 22, 2018
skubido:
OP whr are u

Hey bro...uhhmm took out some quality time to restrategize , new updates are available with newer stories..you can check for yourself.

http://donsimonii.com
Re: Crushed by donsimoniiblog: 1:48pm On Aug 22, 2018
chapter 40

The aroma of fish stew and rice was all I could remember as I woke up from a sleep I didn't realize I was having. My head ached like a bitch and I found it hard to open my eyes for a while.
I felt an arm across my belly like I was in a cuddled state. If there was one other thing I could recognize was the strong dusky mintlike Cologne. I opened my eyes to see Luke peacefully asleep, his brunette hair covering up his face. My eyes strode down the sheets where I panicked at his stripped self laying beside me.
Oh my God.. What did we do?
I quickly lifted the blankets to check if really, I was naked too. Thankfully, I was just in my under wears..
Crap..what on earth were we doing before now?
"Stay still...the baby's asleep" He sulked in his sleep and for some reason, the butterflies in my belly tickled.
Was he actually having a dream about us? A future together? As his wife?
Not only is that sweet but hell, it's hot. Imagine such a sexy guy dreaming about a future for you and him, then he says it aloud in his sleep!
Damn... Okay, now I have to stop. I'm sounding obsessed.
I checked the time on my cellphone.
12:30pm.
Oh my God! I totally forgot the plan with Anne.. Urgh now that we're finally getting along, my lazy bitchy self is trying to ruin it all. Sorry boo boo, not today.
I tried to pull away from Luke but his grip was strong as hell.
"I've got a plan with Anne, babe" I spoke directly to his face and his eyes snapped open.
"Plans? What plans?" He furrowed his brow.
"Well, last night we made plans to go to the zoo with my brothers and Quinn. You know I don't like staying out late, so we fixed it early and I don't wanna arrive late" I explained.
"Firstly, Quinn already took the boys for skating today and Secondly, you're gonna leave me here alone after I decided to spend my day off with the love of my life? That's unfair" he sulked, dragging me closer to himself for a firm grip.
Who was I kidding? Getting free from this man is just about the hardest thing.
"But...I already told her we were gonna see today. I don't wanna mess our infant friendship up. And it's not like I'm leaving you here alone, I just...."
"You are, shhh" he pressed his lips on mine cutting me off.
I hummed the remaining words as we kissed even as though, I knew he heard nothing.
Slowly, I found myself giving in, exploring every side of his mouth with my tongue.
"At least, I gotta call her" I withdrew from the kiss, panting as if I just ran a Marathon.
"But why? I thought I advised you to stay away from her...babe, I don't want you hurt" he ran his fingers through his hair in anxiety.
"What makes you think that she'd wanna hurt me?" I said slightly irritated of his habits of telling me what to do.
"I'm not thinking it, I know her. She's dangerous" he sighed.
"Fine, if you wanna be friends with her...it's okay. But be careful."
With that, he walked into the shower. He didn't even care if I saw him naked! Sure, we've had showers together but walking naked in the presence of someone? That is just a cringe.
"Goat ass" I muttered beneath my breathe.
"I heard that, pot belly" he called.
††††
At the end, I decided to call Anne and apologize for not showing up. Though she seemed sad but, she forgave me anyway.
Quinn and the kids were still not back even though after I called her she assured me she was on her way..
*sigh*
That bitch and lies will never seize to be friends.
No doubt, I was bored beyond the normal definition of boredom.
Luke decided to spend eternity in the bathroom and I really had to pee.
"Get out the shower soon already!!" I yelled.
No reply, just the sound of running water.
I was alerted by the vibration of something coming right under his side of the pillow.
My Adrenalines are way too active for my liking as I realised it was just his phone.
"Push"
That was the name written boldly on the screen. Weird, if you ask me.
Who the hell bears such name?
"Babes your phone! It says..Push!" I yelled again only to get no reply.
"Hello? Hi.. Uhm, Luke's in the shower. Can you call him back in like, 5 minutes?" I answered the call politely.
"Is this Gabrielle?" The caller asked.
Wait, how in the world? I don't know a "Push" how does he know me?
"Yes??" I answered unsurely.
"Oh, okay. Nice to finally hear you. I'm Push" he replied.
"Nice to hear you too" the inner bitch in me, would have continued the conversation. Asking more silly questions but no, I have no idea who this is and it's starting to freak me out.
"Do tell Luke to call me, thank you" he said before ending the call.
I couldn't wait any longer, my bladder was about to explode from the panic I just went through.
I banged at the bathroom door so hard until he finally answered.
"Oh my God!" I jolted my way to the toilet seat, relieving myself.
"You could have called though" he smirked.
"Do you know how many times I did that?" I gave him the evil eye.
"Push called, he said to call him back" I handed his cell to him.
"You picked my call?" He sounded pissed.
Okay...boy, why wouldn't I? It wouldn't stop vibrating.
"I'm sorry" I stood to walk away but he held me back.
"I'm not mad, I'm just asking" he assured.
"I know, I was just testing you" I lied.
"Babes... How does he know me?" I inquired.
"How love?" He asked puzzled.
"After, I explained to him and told him to call you back, he asked if it was Gabrielle. I was like, whaaaaat?" I sang giggling at my stupidity.
"What? Are you serious?" He laughed.
"No, I'm not. Omg..I just answered. I was scared as hell. With all the things happening lately.." I sighed.
"Don't worry, it'll be over soon. I won't let anything or anyone ever hurt you" he assured, kissing my forehead with his perfectly plump lips.
"Thank you" I appreciated.
"But still, I'm curious... Who is he?"
"He's an old friend. We worked together in England before I moved here. And coincidentally, I met him with his wife in Wiesteria Lane. A destiny, I suppose" he smiled broadly.
"You know what? I'm inviting them over, so you could officially meet them"
"What??"
"Yes, babe" he crooned lifting me up and taking me downstairs.
"I'm just in my under wear!" I giggled.
"I'm just in a robe and we're the only ones home" he kissed my nose as he tickled me.
"Jesus! Stop it!" I bit his nipple hard but damn, this man is pain repellent.
"What if your friends hate me, or I hate them...or his wife hates my cooking?" I panicked.
"Don't worry, you'd love them"

Newer chapters available now
click https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/CRUSHED?max-results=5 to read full stories or click https://www.donsimonii.com/p/story.html to read other stories.
Re: Crushed by skubido(m): 5:44pm On Aug 22, 2018
chai, OP nawa for you ooo, whr you go na,, don forget some of the story, na only Luke and gaby I remember nao,,

welcome back oooo
Re: Crushed by donsimoniiblog: 8:27am On Aug 23, 2018
skubido:
chai, OP nawa for you ooo, whr you go na,, don forget some of the story, na only Luke and gaby I remember nao,,

welcome back oooo

LMFAO...you willl catch up
you can also check out some other stories
there are a whole lot of new stories
https://www.donsimonii.com/p/story.html
Re: Crushed by donsimoniiblog: 1:27am On Aug 24, 2018
CHAPTER 41

There was nothing I hated more than the nervousness I get whenever I was around new people. I mean, you never know the slightest thing you may do that would make them think wrong of you.
Oh the worst is at family gatherings, when your parents force you to interact with your cousins who never try to even smile with you.
After ordering groceries online because Luke insisted, I laid everything out, ready to cook.
At first, I couldn't decide what exactly. I thought of preparing some gravy and Marconi but hell, that would be too easy. I want something perfect. I don't know what kind of people they are, the food they may like or even how they like it so this was not an easy call to make.
"This is the second meal I've burnt today, Luke. I give up" I threw my hands in the air as I made my way out of the kitchen before he rushed to stop me.
"You're just nervous" he stated laughing at me.
"I agree. And I wouldn't want to burn your house down before you realise how bad it is" I whined.
"No, no, no.." He turned me to face him.
"The Gabby I know, is not a quitter. She can handle anything"
"Including a burning kitchen" he smiled rubbing the sides of my arm to ease me.
I sighed "Maybe you're right. But I can't handle a burning kitchen"
"C'mon" he led me back to the cooker.
"Uurrgh... Just one more time. If it burns, we're going out to eat" I pointed out.
"Give two. Then we'll eat out" he negotiated.
"Okay. You'll take the dinning, while I do the cooking" I suggested and he was on it in seconds.
///††///
In less than an hour, we had everything ready including the meal I ended up burning three times before I arrived at a better result.
I had to wait for them to arrive while Luke took a shower. I really don't know why he had to wait till now because he had been in a robe for too long and I was just in...well, my undies.
I know! Cooking half naked for guests is so wrong but then again, less uncomfortable and you won't even sweat much. I could tell Luke couldn't get his eyes off my ass because every minute he came with the excuse of "checking on the food". Ha! That boy, my baby boy.
*DIND DONG*
The doorbell began to ring unexpectedly causing me to almost spill the milk I was drinking.
I opened the door to see a black middle-aged man dressed in a flint coloured suit with a beautiful lady in red standing besides him.
" Hello! You're most welcome, we've been expecting you" I ushered them in as my eyes travelled to the lady's baby bump.
"Thank you so much" she appreciated.
"Hey! Push!" Luke's voice almost made me jump.
Why is everything freaking me out?
"Yo! My man" they exchanged pleasantries.
"And you must be his wife" Luke raised his brow at her.
"Maxine" she smiled reaching out for a handshake.
"My priceless fox" Push praised her and I couldn't help but smile.
"Don't mind him, he's always so playful when we're out" she blushed.
"I wouldn't blame him. We need to make our woman feel loved" he said wrapping his arm round my waist.
Push and Maxine looked so adorable together.
And her baby bump made her look so cute!
Luke was right about them, they were the funniest and most interesting couple I've ever met in my life. The way they understood each other and reminded each other of stuffs as they told one story or the other was hilarious.
I seriously couldn't keep my eyes off her belly as I ate. Don't get me wrong, I love kids but the thought that a human was in there feeding on the things she ate and still excreting inside her belly was quite a wonder.
"How you gotta eat so much?" Push's deep voice broke into my thoughts as he asked his wife.
"I'm pregnant and obviously eating for two" she replied stuffing more bread sticks in her mouth.
Wow...I'm not even pregnant and I eat a lot, then when I get pregnant what's gonna happen to me?
"Have more dear, you need to eat enough for you and the baby girl" I dished out more soup for her.
"Oh it's a boy" Luke and Push corrected.
"Oh..that's also wonderful" I muttered.
" You want a girl for Luke?" Push asked and I choked on my wine causing them to stare awkwardly at me.
"I'm so sorry..I chocked" I explained cleaning my dress.
Luke cleared his throat "kids are for later Push". He said as if understanding my discomfort.
" yeah... Uhm later" I swallowed hard.
"Yeah right, that's what we told ourselves until boom! I got pregnant.. I'm so due to delivery you never know when the baby's gonna come" Maxine said and they all continued joking over it.
For me, that wasn't something to laugh at.
The thought of kids ran through my mind as we ate quietly. Imagine a mini me or a mini Luke, running around the house screaming 'mommy I want icecream!' Or before the toddler stage, as babies they'll cry every single night depriving me of sleep and I end up looking like hell till they grow out of that stage.
That would be rather maddening!
"So..." I sighed returning to the table with desert.
"Push, Luke told me that you're his old friend from England"
"Yeah.. We used to work for some dude that's in Jail now" he shrugged.
"What? Why?" I laughed.
"Well we actually were his.."
"Workers.. Yes, we never knew he was making us handle illegal products" Luke quickly cut in his words.
"Why'd you do that?" I asked puzzled. It almost felt like there's something he didn't want Push to spill.
"Do what?" He asked innocently.
"Cut him off like that" I pointed out.
"No, it's not that Gabby. You see, that's how we are. Try to complete each other's sentence" Push laughed and Luke joined him awkwardly.
"No, I don't believe that. You're hiding something Luke" I hissed.
"Baby, I'm not" he assured.
"He's not" Push agreed.
"Uhm...guys can you not fight?" Maxine pleaded.
"We're not fighting, it's just..I know when I'm been lied to. Or should I say my instincts tell me, I know it's crazy but.."
"Can you not do this here? We've clearly got guests." Luke called and for some reason that triggered the hell out of me.
"What are you trying to insinuate? That I'm a problem starter?" I asked, still trying to keep my calm.
"Guys calm down" Push suggested.
"What? I'm calm. You're not a problem starter just please, calm down Gabby" he pleaded.
"Okay..uhm guys?"
"You're unbelievable" I raged.
"Oh my God.." Push sighed.
"I'm unbelievable? Really? Okay" he agreed.
"Guys!!!!" Maxine yelled.
"What?" We all asked angrily.
"My water just broke.."

Newer chapters available now
click https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/CRUSHED?max-results=5 to read full stories or click https://www.donsimonii.com/p/story.html to read other stories
Re: Crushed by skubido(m): 10:39am On Aug 24, 2018
tanks for the update
Re: Crushed by izaray(f): 12:33pm On Aug 24, 2018
We need more update pls
Re: Crushed by donsimoniiblog: 11:31am On Aug 25, 2018
u welcome
skubido:
tanks for the update
Re: Crushed by donsimoniiblog: 11:31am On Aug 25, 2018
next update is tomorrow maam
izaray:
We need more update pls
Re: Crushed by donsimoniiblog: 7:34am On Aug 26, 2018
"Oh my God!" She screamed gripping Push's arm as he and Luke helped her get into the car.
Her red gown was all wet with the water that bursted and she started to hyperventilate so bad.
"Maxine, look at me..hey calm down. Breathe in and out calmly" I instructed.
My momma was one of the town midwives and I helped conduct some deliveries at home whenever the women had little or no money to go to the hospital, so I had a little experience in helping a woman in labour.
"Yeah that's it... You feel better?" I asked as she was a bit calm and we were on the way to the hospital.
"Honestly, I do not.. But" she laughed.
"Better than before"
"Baby, don't worry... You'll be fine" Push assured and I could see the worry in his eyes as he tried to comfort his wife.
It was normal, the husbands usually felt guilty at this period. Some of them even go as far as crying and begging for forgiveness from the Lord. Funny if you ask me, what were they expecting? That it would be as easy as taking candy from a kid? Hell, that's not even easy anymore.
"Luke could you drive faster? We have to get to the hospital in time so the baby doesn't die of suffocation. The water is gone and there's so little for his survival" my breathe shaky as I explained.
"Wait, what? You mean I could loose my baby?" Maxine question.
"No, you won't but if we don't get there in time, you might"
I'm so terrible at my temporary job. Thank goodness I didn't apply to be a nurse.
"What I truly mean, is that..we need to get there in time for a perfect delivery. Please stop talking and start breathing in and out. Thank you" I said hoping I had gotten rid of her anxiety.
"Just an hour more and we'll be there" Luke said specifically.
And immediately the car started to slow down a bit. The speed limits that were meant go to go up, were decreasing all of a sudden, causing the car to gradually come to a stop.
What the Bleep now?
"What's happening man?" Push inquired as the car stopped firing.
Luke sighed "I gotta check the engines"
"What's wrong?" I came down to check it with him.
Ask me if I knew what I was checking...*shrugs*
"The top gasket is burnt" he dipped his hands into his pockets for his phone as he dialed a number.
"Wait...like, the car won't move?" I inquired.
"It won't even start. And if peradventure it does, it'll definitely stop again." He sighed.
"What? Babe she can't remain in labour for however long we may be here, the baby might not make it" I stated pointing at where she and Push sat.
"I know. I'm trying to get in touch with the mechanics" he walked out for a better service
"Oh my God..oh my God!!!" Maxine cried in pain.
"Baby please just try to hold it in okay? I know it hurts but please baby for us" Push begged.
The whole place was in chaos. Maxine was trying her best to control her breathing, Luke was calling up car mechanics but no one seemed to be available and we were in the middle of the road where there was no clinic, no pharmaceutical store, no house or even a
simple kiosk.
My mind was only telling me to do one thing which I've never wanted to do in my life, not even in my dreams!
I can't...
Yes you can..you've seen it happen.
It's horrible!!
"I can't hold it in!" Maxine cried further.
She's in pain..you know it.
It's difficult.
That's a life we're negotiating on here...
What if it fails?
What if it doesn't? You'll never know until you try.
My eyes travelled far from the car and I noticed there was a shop just a mile away. Perhaps they would have at least a cotton wool or gloves.
"Luke!"
"Yeah...what's the matter" He rushed in the car.
"Have you reached them yet?" I asked with my brows furrowed.
"They said they'll get back to me, can she wait?" He asked looking at the situation.
"I'm not sure"
"There's a shop, not so far from us..just right there" I pointed out.
"I don't know how much time she or the baby has. I need you to run as fast as you can. Get me gloves, anything like a mat or something.. I don't know, get sanitary pads, cord clamps..some antiseptic..."
"Foxie..it'll be fine, I love you" Push panicked but still tried his possible best to comfort her.
"Don't ever get me pregnant!" She screamed and continued breathing as I told her to.
"G...get a big black nylon. Keep trying to reach them. It's better for them to come after the baby's out so we can get to the hospital for other medications." I finished.
"Okay" he rushed to go.
"Be careful!" I called.
//
"Okay Push, I want you to gently rub her waist. Maxine, I'm gonna take off your gown so you and your baby can feel free okay?" I said.
After I had managed to free her from her clothes, we moved the seats forward.. Making enough room at the back for the delivery. It wasn't much, but it was comfortable for her to lay back while I stayed out.
"Oh my God...your baby's head is out already!" I exclaimed as I checked her.
"Is that bad?" She asked scared as hell.
"No, it's a good thing. I wonder where the Bleep Luke is!"
"Here!" He called coming to the back.
"Whoa whoa...stay there. It's code Red" I informed.
I'm not pretty sure what I meant by code red, but he didn't come any further.
"Got everything?" I asked as I met him beside the passenger seat.
"Almost. I got the gloves, no mat, just a little towels. There's everything else you listed also pumps and some lady gave me drugs. I told her what happened" he finished off with a sigh.
"Why didn't you bring her with you? I'm not sure I can handle this" I complained, keeping my voice down.
I was no doctor but I know how freaked out patients get when they overhear their doctors say they're unsure of themselves.
"Listen to me Gabrielle. I know you. You got this. You're a precious lady with hidden talents. Maybe this is one of them"
I didn't know what to say at the moment, My mind had said the same thing to me and now he's saying it too.
"Thank you so much. Calm your friend down too. He needs that." I appreciated.
"Go make us proud. Good luck" he planted a short kiss on my lips for luck.
"I wanna push right now Gabby...I can't hold myself anymore" Maxine cried as she spoke with pain in her voice.
I quickly put the little towels underneath her, forming a large cover, then I put on the gloves, looking her in the eyes I said:
"Let's bring this baby into the world"

for next chapter click https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/CRUSHED
Re: Crushed by skubido(m): 1:40pm On Aug 26, 2018
haaaaaa, OP comma continue oooooo
Re: Crushed by pweetymhi(f): 5:45pm On Aug 26, 2018
Wow... Finally met up after a long ride
Re: Crushed by donsimoniiblog: 10:56pm On Aug 26, 2018
skubido:
haaaaaa, OP comma continue oooooo

lol till tuesday o
Re: Crushed by skubido(m): 10:45am On Aug 27, 2018
donsimoniiblog:

lol till tuesday o

ok ooooo,
Re: Crushed by Parollawd(m): 7:29am On Aug 28, 2018
chapter 43

I could tell from her grunts during contractions and her unending sweats that she was in the second stage of labour.
Though she had managed to maintain the position I instructed her to stay in, she was a bit unstable like she was unsure of her ability to carry on.
Of course I did my job to encourage her, make her envision herself with her baby in her arms and somehow that drove her nerves into action.
I watched as her face grew red as she struggled to bring a life into this new world of ours.
"Go on sweetie..you're almost there" I comforted as I read her.
"Okay now I need you to stop pushing and pant, alright?"
I checked her and found out the baby's face was completely covered by a membrane and according to what I saw mamma do, I tore it away so the baby can breathe.
"Gabrielle!!" She screamed grabbing my shoulders and her body naturally brought the baby forth.
A gigantic grin spread across Maxine's face and her eyes lit up like the sky on the 4th of July as she heard her baby cry for the first time.
Even I couldn't believe I could pull something like this off.
We were interrupted by the sound of an ambulance from afar and I had to clean the place up before going to check things out.
"I had to call the ambulance babe..waiting for the mechanics was rather dumb of us instead of calling the emergency unit first" Luke explained reaching out for a hug as he planted a kiss on my cheek.
"How's she? The baby?" Push asked looking devastated.
"Don't worry! She's fine and congratulations!!! You're now a proud father of a baby boy!" I laughed shaking his hands firmly.
"Wow babe...I'm so proud of you!" Luke kissed me again.
"Can I see them?" Push asked and I nodded for approval.
Soon the ambulance arrived and in less than an hour, we arrived at the hospital.
Immediately we got in, I rushed in the toilet to perform a cleansing for both my system and my hands.
I must have gotten nausea from having to conduct a delivery. Even with momma, it happened. This was probably why I ran away from science practicals.
"Hey, you okay?" Luke asked as he sighted me getting out the restroom.
"Yeah...just a usual reaction. You good?" I asked awkwardly.
"Mmh hmm" he hummed.
We sat still in the waiting room while the doctor and nurses attended to Maxine and her baby. Push has been outside making one call or the other. Indeed it was a unique day.
My phone started to ring all over the calm room causing me to jolt. I had no knowledge of my phone been with me all the while. Speaking of which, I needed to call Quinn. I haven't heard from her or my brothers..
I'm such a shitty sister.
"This is Gabby" I answered.
"Salvador.. Where the hell are you guys? You left the house unlocked. Oh wait..are you guys locked upstairs finally hitting it off?" She teased.
Speak of the devil
"Girl are you high on something again?" I questioned cracking up.
"Oh shut up. Seriously where are you? We miss your ass" she bawled.
"Okay baby girl, I'm at the hospit.."
"Oh my Goodness! What happened?" She hurriedly cut me off asking numerous questions as I rolled my eyes in exhaustion.
"We're fine! Jesus, Quinn calm down...it's a long story but I promise I'll tell you all about it when I get home. By the way, how're are the boys and whose number is this girl?" I requested.
"Edwin's. The boys are fine. They had fun and they're taking a hot bath now. Come home early okay? Love you" she sang before hanging up.
Luke wrapped his arms around me as he began to explain why he cut Push off so fast at dinner earlier. I'm sure he must've noticed how distant I kept myself from him in the ambulance.
"Promise?"
"Yeah..I'm not mad. At least not anymore. Omg babe...we're that baby's Godparents!" I exclaimed.
"Sorry to ruin your conversation but Ma'am and Sir, did you come in with Mr&Mrs Perry?" A man dressed in a white cover all, which appeared to be a lab coat with his name tag by the side, appeared right before us.
"Yes, Doctor Liam" Luke and I stood for proper introduction.
"Okay. And who conducted the delivery?" He asked coldly. His expression dull and unpleased.
What if I did something wrong? Of destroyed her womb.. Oh Lord no..
"I...I did?" I spoke up unsurely.
"Is there anything wrong?" Luke held me closely as he questioned the doctor.
"Not really. I must say..thank you for saving a life. That baby would have died from fetal distress if the delivery wasn't conducted in time." He stated.
"Oh.."
"Are you a medical personnel?" He inquired further.
Someone make him stop before I undergo another session above a toilet seat having to reply the scenes.
"She's not doctor but trust me, she's multi talented" Luke spoke proudly.
"May we see the baby?"
"Yes, of course" he approved.
"And the mother?" I asked.
"She's asleep."
A nurse guided us to a room specially for babies, although people were not allowed to go in except they were midwives or nurses. There was a thick glass where you could see the babies. Each one had their name tags on the cot where they laid. Some were peacefully asleep while some had their eyes open, cooing at the new world they found themselves in.
And that's when the nurse pointed our godson out. He was asleep indeed, all dressed in blue with his little cap on his head. His tiny hands, clasped together as he laid by his side.
I wasn't his mother but I was proud. I felt somewhat emotional at the moment. All these babies, so innocent brought into a world filled with nothing but hate and cruelty.
"You okay" Luke asked as he noticed my unending sniffing.
I don't even know if he feels the same way as I do now.
"Yeah..let's go home?" I begged burying my petit self into his large feature. This is my addiction. Him.
†††
The drive home was unusually quiet.
Nothing was wrong but I just felt..weird. Like I was starting to see things from a different perspective. I just wish whoever wants me dead would somehow disappear and let me have my happiness again. Although Luke has assured he won't let me get hurt, what if he gets hurt protecting me? Or my brothers?
I can't stay hidden forever, if the stalker is still out there, then they'll definitely find us. I just can't remain in a shell for so long and lately, I'm not even helping with anything. I feel completely useless.
Immediately we got into the driveway, my eye got stuck onto something pinned on the door.
When we closer, it turned out to be a note.
"Don't tell me..." I ran my hands through my hair out of frustration.
"That it's another weird letter? Okay I won't" Luke shrugged, crumpling the sheet of paper.
Well who was I to think the stalker would just disappear into thin air like a fucking wish?
"Wait..what does it say?" I inquired.
"It said 'Well played...hope you win the game at the end' don't worry about it baby. Just promise me you won't leave the house. Anything you need tell me, I'll have it get to you" he said as we got into the house.
I sighed having to imagine how imprisoned I'll be in this big house."what if I need a walk, to the park or something?"
"Then wait for me to get home and well go. Promise?" He brought out his pinkie for a swear.
"Welcome Mr&Mrs Levington. Are you back from wherever?" Quinn teased grabbing me for a hug as I quickly pinkie swore to Luke.
"Missed you bitch" I hugged back.
"Weirdos...where's Edwin?" He smirked.
"Upstairs with the boys. Y'all go do boy stuff.. Weaklings!" She mocked as he ran off.
"Sooooooooo"
"What so?" I asked puzzled walking to the kitchen to prepare something for us to eat, again.
"The long story.. Duh?" She shook her head in disbelief that I'd forgotten so soon.
Just as I was about to start, my phone started to ring and I couldn't help but wonder who the hell it was this time. If it's some weirdo, I'm killing myself right now. I've had enough. Can I enjoy my youth for once? Just once?
//
"What?" I slurred at the poor dialer.
"Jeez Gabby, you pissed or something?"
"Anne?" I asked unsurely.
"Yeah it's me. Are you okay?" She asked.
"Oh my goodness.. I'm sorry" I laughed mouthing 'an Anne' to Quinn who seemed confused as hell.
"I was just been silly. I'm so sorry"
"It's fine. How about our zoo plan? You cancelled?" She asked again and damn..now that I think of it, I need to make it up to her for bailing out the other day.
"Yeah..I mean no.. Of course it's still on" I laughed nervously.
Why am I acting stupidly right now?
"Great! Tomorrow by uhm...1:30pm? Okay by you?" She insisted.
"Uh yeah..perfect. See you then"
//
"What was all that?" Quinn asked.
"Girl.... Please you gotta come with us to the zoo" I begged.
"What the hell Gabby? You're supposed to be in remember? What if something bad happens to to you out there? How the hell do I explain that to Luke..." She gasped.
"How do I even live?"
"You're overreacting..jeez..shut up!" I laughed stuffing bread into her mouth before she continued her drama.
"I'm not. I'm serious Gabby, I don't want you hurt" she fessed after chewing on the bread.
I sighed " I know, just trust me. Nothing is gonna happen, okay?"
"Just don't tell Luke"
"Don't tell Luke what?" Luke inquired.

read more here https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/CRUSHED
Re: Crushed by makavelli47(m): 12:27pm On Aug 28, 2018
finally caught up. More ink to ur pen
Re: Crushed by Mimienudles(f): 1:10pm On Aug 28, 2018
Updates pleasssssssssse
Re: Crushed by skubido(m): 1:58pm On Aug 28, 2018
she no go ever hear, until something bad happen,

OP tanks a lot for the update
Re: Crushed by Parollawd(m): 5:47pm On Aug 29, 2018
makavelli47:
finally caught up. More ink to ur pen

Thanks visit www.donsimonii.com for other interesting stories and updates

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) / Onging Stories Collection Of Clustergist.com / The Girl Next Door

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.