Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,305 members, 7,860,757 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:38 PM

Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife (3875 Views)

Nigerian Wife Kicks UK Husband Out From Home / Howard Sueing III Ekundayo: American Man Adopts Nigerian Wife’s Surname / Chinese Man Rocks His Nigerian Wife's Behind At An Event (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by donstan18: 8:33am On Mar 02, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
The guy was right.

Right in the sense that men doesn't need appreciation or right in the sense that women should be appreciated more?

I don't get.
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:34am On Mar 02, 2018
donstan18:

Right in the sense that men doesn't need appreciation or right in the sense that women should be appreciated more?

I don't get.
Women should be appreciated more.
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by donstan18: 8:38am On Mar 02, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Women should be appreciated more.

Why and how?
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:41am On Mar 02, 2018
donstan18:

Why and how?
You can't say you don't love your mum so much that you cannot do anything for her Read what the guy posted.The best way I tell my mum I love her is by giving her a hug twice daily.And her labor for me can never be in vain.She would never suffer while I am alive.
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by donstan18: 8:45am On Mar 02, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
You can't say you don't love your mum so much that you cannot do anything for her Read what the guy posted.The best way I tell my mum I love her is by giving her a hug twice daily.And her labor for me can never be in vain.She would never suffer while I am alive.

I don't get cheesy Is this why women should be appreciated more?
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 02, 2018
Mindfulness:

Why would they want to?
and why are they going to? How many young ladies even do house chorus?cheesy. My next door neighbour is a married man and a pastor.its the guy that feeds the kids and baths them.the wife travels frm one place to the order. U come here and say women are dying from stress b4 they turn 50 cos of ordinary cooking and sweeping.guy na wah for ucheesy

Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Mariangeles(f): 10:07am On Mar 02, 2018
lefulefu:

u are talking about our mothers that slaved for us sending us to school.we all appreciate what they did and are doing for us.young indomie mothers of today dont go through half that stress.
There are still many mothers like that in the real world...
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 02, 2018
lefulefu:
and why are they going to? How many young ladies even do house chorus?cheesy. My next door neighbour is a married man and a pastor.its the guy that feeds the kids and baths them.the wife travels frm one place to the order. U come here and say women are dying from stress b4 they turn 50 cos of ordinary cooking and sweeping.guy na wah for ucheesy

Answer the damn question instead of trolling and twisting my words.
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 02, 2018
Mariangeles:
There are still many mothers like that in the real world...
see, a man that really loves his wife will never allow her to undergrow through any stress. Most of those loveless marriage we see in most cases the men don't love the women they end up with.its either its an arranged marriage or they just got married for convenient sake. Even at that even if she no do anything for the husband,if children come along she will care for d children abi?cheesy she will feed and bath dem bah? How u will u feel wen u come back frm work in the evenin and u saw ur little kids all dirty and hungry and they were telling u daddy they haven't eaten all money and u saw ur wife in the sofa busy watching a programme on African Magic.will u be bold enuf to reprimand her for her uncaring attitude or u will be scared to say ur mind so as not to offend her?cheesy.
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 02, 2018
Mindfulness:

Answer the damn question instead of trolling and twisting my words.
and what's d damm question?

Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 02, 2018
lefulefu:
and what's d damm question?

Why would women want to 'slave' themselves and go through stress,as you put it, like the older generations?

1 Like

Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 02, 2018
Mindfulness:

Why would women want to 'slave' themselves and go through stress,as you put it, like the older generations?
she can decide not to get married na.is anybody forcing her to get married? She can live her life being single if she don't want to get involved in anything domestic chorus. Genevieve is single with no man in her life and she's happy and living her life. That for her to complain about being enslaved in marriage is like saying she's been forced to marry.its a free world bro.if u can't stomach the ish in marriage then don't marry and be single for life.nobody will crucify u for being single.
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 02, 2018
lefulefu:
she can decide not to get married na.is anybody forcing her to get married? She can live her life being single if she don't want to get involved in anything domestic chorus. Genevieve is single with no man in her life and she's happy and living her life. That for her to complain about being enslaved in marriage is like saying she's been forced to marry.its a free world bro.if u can't stomach the ish in marriage then don't marry and be single for life.nobody will crucify u for being single.

Answer the question. Why should women 'slave' themselves?
I don't need you telling me that they have a choice. I want you to tell me why you think they should choose to be 'slaves' to use your words.
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 02, 2018
Mandynews:
As shared by Twitter user, Omo

"This marriage thing please, how does it pay women? You leave the comfort of your daddy's house to wake up to cook for someone. You both go to work, both come back and you (only you) are cooking again.
Then on Saturday. You cook, clean, laundry and he gets to choose if he's watching the game or hanging with his boys. If you have kids, you have to watch them and care for them. But both of you will go to work on Monday.
Sunday afternoon, he's watching Supersports or napping after Church. You're in the kitchen again. Only you. Tomorrow morning you (alone) will bathe the kids & make breakfast before you both go to work.

And this is a simple situation. It's more complicated when he's the type that won't eat frozen food, doesn't think you need a house help, and will never touch anything domestic. How does this marriage thing pay working women?

I'm not even try to start an argument but I just want to hear the opinion of men about this and if they think it's fair that both of us should work outside but only one of us should work inside the home.

Why would anyone want to be a Nigerian wife? It's fucking inconvenient! Imagine being so comfortable living with your parents, why would you leave that to take care of a grown man? Ew.

I'm actually so fucking perplexed because men call women the weaker sex but we do all the fucking housework. If you're so strong, why aren't you doing dishes, mopping, and pounding yam?"

https://twitter.com/lolaofthenorth/status/968931547742130183

Source: http://mandynews.com/2018/03/01/feminist-reveals-why-its-inconvenient-being-a-nigerian-wife/

there are all kinds of husbands and wives.

we have not had a maid for the last two years or so. on the regular, i do the laundry on saturdays; ironing on sundays. i was doing the dishes until we inducted the kids [i still have to do the big pots] it is crazy hectic, but it is what it is. some people will do this , other will not.
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 02, 2018
Mindfulness:

I don't need you telling me that they have a choice. I want you to tell me why you think they should choose to be 'slaves' to use your words.
when did i say women should be slaves? Dude don't twist words out of my mouth:>. That i said our moms in the past sacrificed for us to see that we were something in life doesn't mean they are slaves.you are the one twisting my words. A mom that fries akara in the street to train her child in the university doesn't mean she's a slave doing such.she's doing it out of the love for her child. That ur parents sacrificed or slaved for u sending u through primary sch up to the higher institution does not make dem slaves.have u heard that music sweet mother? If u havent heard it then take your time to listen to it on YouTube? If i may ask how old are u anyway? I just hope i am not conversing with a teenager anyway.
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 02, 2018
lefulefu:
when did i say women should be slaves? Dude don't twist words out of my mouth:>. That i said our moms in the past sacrificed for us to see that we were something in life doesn't mean they are slaves.you are the one twisting my words. If a mom that fries Akara in the street to train her child in the university doesn't mean she's a slave.she's doing it out of the love for her child. That ur parents sacrificed or slaved for u sending u through primary sich up to the higher institution does not make dem slaves.have u heard that music sweet mother? If u havent heard it then take your time to listen to it on YouTube? If i may ask how old are u anyway? I just hope i am not conversing with a teenager anyway.

lefulefu:

u are talking about our mothers that slaved for us sending us to school.we all appreciate what they did and are doing for us.young indomie mothers of today dont go through half that stress.

I am asking again, for the 4th time, why would women choose this kind of life?
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by QueenSekxy(f): 12:52pm On Mar 02, 2018
Chikita66:
Ayam going home tomorrow, will be seeing my project supervisor from my house.
woow..going tomorrow
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 02, 2018
Mindfulness:

I am asking again, for the 4th time, why would women choose this kind of life?
bros abeg try and understand English. I said our moms slaved for us.what i mean is that they sacrificed for us the children to ensure we went through school and become something . That is what i meant. Which sane mom wouldn't want to sacrifice to ensure the happiness of her children.even a lower animal protects her young ones at the risk of her life.when i meant slaving i meant sacrifice. Nobody is forcing anyone to have children,guy.
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 1:07pm On Mar 02, 2018
lefulefu:
bros abeg try and understand English. I said our moms slaved for us.what i mean is that they sacrificed for us the children to ensure we went through school and become something . That is what i meant. Which sane mom wouldn't want to sacrifice to ensure the happiness of her children.even a lower animal protects her young ones at the risk of her life.when i meant slaving i meant sacrifice. Nobody is forcing anyone to have children,guy.

You are digressing. This is not the topic of this thread. A woman making sacrifices for her child is different from a woman having a husband who is lazy at home. Now tell me, why would a woman choose the latter 'cause you still haven't answered this question.

1 Like

Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 02, 2018
Mindfulness:

You are digressing. This is not the topic of this thread. A woman making sacrifices for her child is different from a woman having a husband who is lazy at home. Now tell me, why would a woman choose the latter 'cause you still haven't answered this question.
its a matter of choice. A lady who engages in home chorus does it out of love for it .those women who dislike home chorus hardly do it.most families hire house helps to do their job. As old as i am when i am at home i help my mom in the home chorus and i don't see it as a big deal.if u as a woman detest gettin ur hand dirty in the kitchen and u consider home chorus undignifying then its either u get a housemaid and if ur man insist then u can break up with him.its a free world .as for me i like those ladies who cook cos i also cook as well.i can't be with a woman who tells me that she forbids getting her hand dirty in the kitchen.anyway to each its own.
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 02, 2018
lefulefu:
its a matter of choice. A lady who engages in home chorus does it out of love for it .those women who dislike home chorus hardly do it.most families hire house helps to do their job. As old as i am when i am at home i help my mom in the home chorus and i don't see it as a big deal.if u as a woman detest gettin ur hand dirty in the kitchen and u consider home chorus undignifying then its either u get a housemaid and if ur man insist then u can break up with him.its a free world .as for me i like those ladies who cook cos i also cook as well.i can't be with a woman who tells me that she forbids getting her hand dirty in the kitchen.anyway to each its own.

You dont do chores because you like them, you do chores because if you don't no one else will. House chores are valueless work as they don't generate income and are never ending. House helps are no longer an option as most of us are aware that that is child trafficking /abuse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 02, 2018
oyb:

You dont do chores because you like them, you do chores because if you don't no one else will. House chores are valueless work as they don't generate income and are never ending. House helps are no longer an option as most of us are aware that that is child trafficking /abuse.
well some ppl here consider home chorus as stress cheesycheesy. The world is getting really unsafe cos there have been cases of some househelps sexually abusing or underfeeding the children kept under their care.well to those parents if their priority is only about making more and more money while ignoring their kids in the care of househelps...if anything should happen to their kids they would have themselves to blame and no one else.nobody is forcing anyone to have kids.
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 02, 2018
lefulefu:
well some ppl here consider home chorus as stress cheesycheesy. The world is getting really unsafe cos there have been cases of some househelps sexually abusing or underfeeding the children kept under their care.well to those parents if their priority is only about making more and more money while ignoring their kids in the care of househelps...if anything should happen to their kids they would have themselves to blame and no one else.nobody is forcing anyone to have kids.

The internet, TV, and good life you live is because of your parents hustling. Try to have appreciation for their sacrifices.
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 02, 2018
oyb:

The internet, TV, and good life you live is because of your parents hustling. Try to have appreciation for their sacrifices.
i never said i did not appreciate my parents.if u read my earlier post i made mention about our moms and our parents sacrificing for us.
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by shaybebaby(f): 2:30pm On Mar 02, 2018
Mindfulness:

Because it is better to be a slave under a man than to be an achieving autonomous entity.

Nothing a woman does/achieves means anything if she is not answering to a man at home. Find a cure of aids/cancer? Pfft! Doesn't matter as long she cannot submit, endure and remain long-suffering for a man. grin

Remember, we were fashioned from his ribs, we are but one rib so relatively insignificant compared to other bones in his body.

A man needs not be anything else but a man (whatever that means) grin

1 Like

Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by bibijay123(f): 3:38pm On Mar 02, 2018
makydebbie:
That's what happens when your husband doesn't treat you like a WIFE. There's more to marriage then doing chores and she's not seeing that lol.

Lemme wait for the married aunties here to explain. To those calling her a feminist, I don't see where she mentioned she's one or is it just me? Someone cannot say what's on their minds before being tagged?

Lol I think this has to do with the 'Nigerian man' she married. She has got it twisted. I am married to a Nigerian but I feel like I married a 'white man'. There's so much I can't share online my sis grin So she should talk to her husband and sort out their issues. Not all Nigerian men are selfish and heartless. Not all Nigerian men are insensitive and self-centered. Even some white guys don't help their wives with domestic work and neither do they care about their kids. My career and my life is much better now cos I have someone supporting, pushing and encouraging me to succeed. And that someone is a Nigerian man! I can't even marry someone from my country cos Nigerian guys are the best! grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by makydebbie(f): 3:58pm On Mar 02, 2018
bibijay123:

Lol I think this has to do with the 'Nigerian man' she married. She has got it twisted. I am married to a Nigerian but I feel like I married a 'white man'. There's so much I can't share online my sis grin So she should talk to her husband and sort out their issues. Not all Nigerian men are selfish and heartless. Not all Nigerian men are insensitive and self-centered. Even some white guys don't help their wives with domestic work and neither do they care about their kids. My career and my life is much better now cos I have someone supporting, pushing and encouraging me to succeed. And that someone is a Nigerian man! I can't even marry someone from my country cos Nigerian guys are the best! grin grin
She has spoken!! kiss cool

At bold, is that so? shocked shocked
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 02, 2018
shaybebaby:

Because it is better to be a slave under a man than to be an achieving autonomous entity.

Nothing a woman does/achieves means anything if she is not answering to a man at home. Find a cure of aids/cancer? Pfft! Doesn't matter as long she cannot submit, endure and remain long-suffering for a man. grin

Remember, we were fashioned from his ribs, we are but one rib so relatively insignificant compared to other bones in his body.

A man needs not be anything else but a man (whatever that means) grin

I want to see this man who misses a rib. grin
Re: Feminist Reveals Why It's Inconvenient Being A Nigerian Wife by shaybebaby(f): 9:02pm On Mar 02, 2018
Mindfulness:

I want to see this man who misses a rib. grin
Don't hold your breath grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Young Couple Commit Suicide By Hanging After Parents Refused Their Marriage-pics / If This Continues, Divorce Is Inevitable / Virgin Husbands!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.